S6 and All Stars and 14: Janelle: I Want a Janey Doll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

843 replies to this topic

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:00 PM

Ok, I guess I'm starting the Janelle thread. She was one of my favorites from BB6, & I loved how she seemed to enjoy pissing off April, Ivette, & Maggie. She should have been gone soon, but somehow managed to stick with it until F3. Good job!

The Color Pink

The Color Pink

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:39 PM

Janelle really was quite the cunt-rag in the early episodes. Saying that ugly girls were bitchy because she was prettier... saying that she liked Micheal because they both were snobs... breaking up with her current bf on national television!

But as she started making fun of the people I hated, it became fun. And she toned down her "I'm bitchy and snobby" act as time went on. And she started kicking as in competitions. In another season, she might have been viewed differently but, sorry Howie, Janelle was the star of BB6.

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:58 PM

Sure, she was the star. You have to respect someone who's up for eviction weekly, doesn't whine and cry about it, and then, on competition day, wins the thing (whether it's physical OR mental) and gets herself off the block.

Good job, good gameplay. But oy vey, what a sleeze.

(You knew it was coming!)

CornDawg

CornDawg

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 6:56 PM

Janelle was my favorite BB contestant of all time. I can't deny that she's said a few questionable things, but I can't help but lover her.

... saying that she liked Micheal because they both were snobs... breaking up with her current bf on national television!

Well, I found out on a very recent visit to my old employer that Michael isn't seeing Janelle anymore...because he's now going out with my old co-worker. Apparently, he and Howie have been stopping by on occasion to say hi and give her flowers (with the infamous light-sabre in tow). Of course this all happens after I leave the company. I can safely say that he still has a thing for blondes.

HellfireClubGuy

HellfireClubGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 7:33 PM

I love Janelle and she too is my favorite BB constestant ever (with Dr. Will a close second). I did not really liked her at the beggining but as was previously mentioned, she came to play and play hard she did!

I love how she was competitive, showed she was intelligent (so none of that dumb blonde stereotype), she never had an emotional investment in the game and did not take things personal and she was a gamer and knew how the game worked.

By mid-season she was highly likable and loved the now famous "bye bye bitches!" line.

Plus I loved how she really bonded with some of the people in the house(which tells you that she isnt this snobby ice princess).

I don't know if you guys saw this on the feeds, but one time (this was during the endgame whe it was just April, Ivette, Maggie and Janelle) and April and Janie where playing volleyball and they were laughing hillariously so much so that Janelle had quite the accident in her pants...

But she played it off in a way I never would have thought she would, she was laughing at herself and the situation.

jstar

jstar

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 7:37 PM

I love Janelle. I didn't expect to, but I did. Hopefully if she makes it back for All Stars she won't ruin my high opinion of her by being A) Fake nice or B) a totally entitled bitch or C) Both.

The Color Pink

The Color Pink

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 8:27 PM

Yeah. I mean, I liked Hatch before Survivor All-Stars because I admired how played everyone and won the game by being smarter than them. Unfortunately, on All-Stars he was all arrogance but without the game, annoying, and disgusting. I'm sure my feeling for Will are going to change if he's on All-Stars and my image of him will be severely tainted.

But I don't see that happening with Janelle. Well, for one thing, only a year has passed. And for another thing, she's awesome!

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 9:19 PM

CornDawg:
If you're right, and Janelle has broken up with Michael, I want to see those two back in the house together. I'd feel sorry for your co-worker, but I want to see J&M work out their issues back in the summer House of Secrets.

Edited by Corcat, Jun 13, 2006 @ 9:19 PM.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 9:41 PM

Janelle won me over with her DR in an early Big Brother when she said she was trying to feel out the guys by playing chess with them. Because that's when I realized she wasn't Holly 2.0, but actually had a brain in her head. And, as I mentioned in another thread, I loved - LOVED - her late night talks with Kaysar, as well as Howie.

She was a bitch. She was a snob. She didn't pretend to be otherwise, but could also be very genuine, a good, loyal friend (she's the one - except for poor Rachel, who was stuck in the box - that stayed outside and continued to give Kaysar pep talks, and sit by him, and was just really awesome). She was funny, without being sanctimonious about it (Hi! Friendsheep).

Finally, she had a kick-ass time in the house whenever possible, and didn't spend hours and hours and hours discussing every physical attribute, every word said, every facet of the sheep. I remember getting on the feeds and just praying that I'd get a Janie screen to watch, because if I was forced to watch the Sheep talk about her for more than five minutes (and seriously, aside from talking about sex and bodily functions, that is ALL they did), I would go crazy!

ElectraGlide

ElectraGlide

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2006 @ 8:19 AM

I wasn't too impressed with Janey in the beginning, but she really grew on me after Michael got evicted. She always acted like she enjoyed being there, and she always looked like she was having fun. I didn't see much of the stir-craziness that contestants sometimes get towards the end.

Scade

Scade

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2006 @ 9:36 AM

That's because she was the buxom blonde bombshell of Big Brother. And I really hope she will be again in a few weeks.

Hey Im Jeff

Hey Im Jeff

Posted Jun 14, 2006 @ 11:19 AM

I remember when the first episode aired, I thought there was no way that I would enjoy Janelle as a houseguest. She definitely proved me wrong.

I loved the way that the Sheep (and many Nerd Herd fans) bought her whole "snobby bitch" act hook, line and sinker. She was intelligent, funny, beautiful, athletic and confident... everything that Ivette, Maggie and company weren't. They were stomach-turningly jealous of her, but she couldn't care less about them. It was entertaining to say the least. I'd love to see her again this summer.

Sourpatch Kid

Sourpatch Kid

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2006 @ 11:41 AM

I can see my Will love fading with All-Stars, but not Janelle. She is my favorite contestant ever because she's an awesome competitor (both in competitions and in natural gameplay...as shown by her helping instigate the April/Ivette right), because she said things to people's faces not just behind their backs (liked her or not, the post-Kaysar nomination drunken fight was one of the most entertaining nights of feeds ever!), and because of what a fan she was of the show. She wasn't going on the show to famewhore her way to the top, she was actually a huge fan.

She had my love forever at the chess montage and I just don't see it dying. If she's on All-stars, she'll probably be a target from the beginning, but she was on BB6 too and made it to the final 3, so I'm not worried.

Jenn211

Jenn211

Posted Jun 14, 2006 @ 12:27 PM

And I really hope she will be again in a few weeks.

No worries. Our buxom blond is a shoo-in for All-Stars. We want her and, more so, CBS wants her.

I know Janey is an internet nerd and she reads the board often. Come out and play, Janey. Would love to hear from you.

Barrett0033

Barrett0033

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2006 @ 2:16 PM

Not only is she may favorite hamster ever, but also my favorite reality show star ever. I hated her during the first show but quickly became a big fan. And while I could rag on her for dumping her bf for Michael on national tv, it's not like she could have called him to do it. I think that was a can't win situation. Either she dumped him the way she did, or she cheated on him with Michael. Either way she can't win and yes I know she could have waited to hook up with Mikey until after she left the house and dumped the bf properly. But seriously y'all, if I was stuck with all those wackjobs, I would have wanted to jump someones bones as well if only for something to do.

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2006 @ 4:49 PM

katesus7 brings up a good point. I've noticed that people who are winning DO become sanctimonious fools, and for me, that spoils the show. Cappy, Kaysar and the Friendsheep were all moralizing fools.

When Janelle managed to win a comp, she didn't go around threatening the other irritating houseguests (except for JennV, but that's OK).

Janelle made the show watchable, especially at the end, when people kept trying to get her out. Kid was invincible!

lnmop

lnmop

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 2:18 AM

Janey was a natural STAR! She had everybody's number, and knew exactly how to play them. She might be an initial target on BBAS, but somehow, I'll bet she pulls it off!

SK03

SK03

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 3:30 AM

Janie is destroying Kirby4ever over at Sucks. It's been long overdue.

lnmop

lnmop

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 10:58 AM

Janie is destroying Kirby4ever over at Sucks. It's been long overdue.

Details, please???

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 3:35 PM

I can only imagine this "boyfriend" wasn't an incredibly serious boyfriend. My impression from her casual way of breaking up with him was that maybe they had been going out for a month or so, while it was still relatively new. Otherwise, she probably would've been more like Shannon and shown at least a pretense of, "I'll have to sort this out with him once I get out of the house."

The Color Pink

The Color Pink

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 8:13 PM

Details, please???

I was curious so, though I've never visited Survivor Sucks, I found the actual thread myself: http://p085.ezboard....icID=9362.topic

...the photograph is ugly enough to make small children cry.

Okay, if Janelle said that to me, I would cry. Okay not really, but apparently this kriby4ever person was bashing her a lot. I've actually seen "kirby4ever" on Jokers and thought they were a fucking tool. Hee. I'm rude. (edit: Wow, that thread is awful. Everyone else is making fun of that person too. I will never cross Janie!)

Anyway, I hate Erika but I sort of hope she makes it onto All-Stars so Janelle can go on tirades calling her an aging crackwhore. That would be awesome.

Another Janelle quote from Kaysar's site about All-Stars:

Vote April and Maggie in so America can have a good laugh.

Yay!

Edited by The Color Pink, Jun 15, 2006 @ 8:49 PM.

Hey Im Jeff

Hey Im Jeff

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 8:55 PM

I was curious so I found the actual thread myself:
[link]

Thanks for the link. Janie is too fun when she's unhinged! "Blow the fuck up and die bitch"?! I SO have to work that into casual conversation.

Edited by Hey Im Jeff, Jun 16, 2006 @ 11:02 PM.

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

• Interests:Snark, snark, and more snark....what else were you expecting?!?

Posted Jun 16, 2006 @ 10:59 PM

I just thought she was a big ol' bitch, inside and outside of the house. I am sorry, but anybody who openly ADMITS to fucking with homeless people for fun is just dead to me.

[Janice Dickinson voice] Zip it, bitch, you're DEAD in my book!! [/Janice Dickinson voice]

SK03

SK03

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2006 @ 11:55 PM

....but little Jen-Jen made Kaysar houseless. Janelle didn't make that guy homeless. Where's the justice?

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 1:51 PM

anybody who openly ADMITS to fucking with homeless people for fun is just dead to me.

Man, half the time I think these people just say things to get a reaction because they Are. So. Bored.

There's so much downtime there, and it must be hard to come up with stories all the time. I take pretty much everything said there with a pound of salt.

Dream Boy

Dream Boy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 2:07 PM

I just thought she was a big ol' bitch, inside and outside of the house. I am sorry, but anybody who openly ADMITS to fucking with homeless people for fun is just dead to me.

[Janice Dickinson voice] Zip it, bitch, you're DEAD in my book!! [/Janice Dickinson voice]

LOL! I feel the same way about Janelle. I just thought she was a big ol, nasty bitch. It's a shame too, because I really wanted to like her with the whole chess thing. But the more I was exposed to her behavior, the less and less I found myself liking her.

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

• Interests:Snark, snark, and more snark....what else were you expecting?!?

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 2:13 PM

There's so much downtime there, and it must be hard to come up with stories all the time. I take pretty much everything said there with a pound of salt.

I would have taken it with a pound of salt only if she had just admitted it solely to the Friendship just for shits, giggles, and to stir the pot on their side, but the fact that she not only admitted it to the Friendship, but also to Howie, Rachel, and James makes me believe that she was NOT making that up. Everyone was appalled to hear that that day they were all sitting at the small round table...even James, Howie, and Rachel. Why would she lie to Howie and Rachel like that if she considered them friends? I just don't buy her making that up.

She is really a heinous bitch.

Edited by ghettofabman, Jun 17, 2006 @ 2:12 PM.

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 2:51 PM

Yeah, she's a reality star, it's a given she's a witch. Maybe even she did this thing.

In a way, I'm sort of disappointed we don't get a new bunch on the show. You know, it'll be all the same old Janey stories.

I wonder if the transcriptors will go back to the old transcripts and match her stories this year against last year's to see whether there are discrepancies. It might be too labour-intensive, but it would be interesting to catch Janelle in a lie.

EpicAmends

EpicAmends

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 4:17 PM

I'm glad to see all the Janey love on here. She was my favorite from BB6, even if she was a bitch. She was just about the only entertaining person to watch in the house, and she was honest. She knew she was a bitch, and didn't try to hide it. I'd LOVE to see her in All-Stars. Even if she doesn't last long, it'd be nice to see her again. Seriously entertaining.

The Howie/Janelle lightsaber fights? Awesome. I'd love to see that again.

Jenn211

Jenn211

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 8:21 PM

Howie, Janelle, Dana, Erica, Kaysar chat
Janelle thought the Vampire chat between Kaysar and Will was funny. Generally friendly chat among the previous houseguests. Kaysar joined in later, and Howie made fun of him as the Gay Vampire. Kaysar got bored with the chat and left early.
And someone asked...

[11:10pm] [April_Showers] <Pattycakes72> For Janelle...Who in you opinion is? (best player ever)
[11:11pm] [janiebb6] Will. He's my idol.
[11:12pm] [April_Showers] <aldav> janie--will called you a 50 cent whore-your response
[11:13pm] [janiebb6] Oh I know he called me that. He meant that I liked 50 Cent.

Got to love Janelle.