Speculation Without Spoilers

• Please log in to reply

425 replies to this topic

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2011 @ 10:49 PM

I'm figuring at 10 or 9 the couple aspect is dissolved.

That key rule is... interesting to say the least. Mathematically, is really creates some strategy conundrums compared to the last couple of seasons.

This theoretically eliminates larger alliances and the splinter/sub-alliance effect (ie the Brigade having their own partners) until later in the game. Or, you still do the sub-alliance thing, and you look like a jackass by the fourth week, which is what will probably happen. It might actually keep the game varied.

Then is it best to attempt to eliminate/nominate stronger competitors first? You could make challenge monsters who aren't the best social players (like Danielle, Brendon, or Rachel) inert for a few weeks by nominating them, and if they're targeting you, nominating them and having them survive is actually more advantageous for those first few weeks, if you can play a social game. If they remain on the block, the survivor cannot win HoH and come after you the next week unless it's the F11 to F10. It gives time for new targets to emerge. And these people have goldfish memories usually.

PoV has to be for the couple on the block, not just one person.

Arlo Rowan

Arlo Rowan

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 7, 2011 @ 11:22 PM

Phan
PoV has to be for the couple on the block, not just one person.

Agreed. Julie said both members of a nominated pair will have to campaign against each other, I think that means both will be saved together if even one of them wins the Veto.

Cougar High

Cougar High

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 28, 2011 @ 3:56 PM

I know there is lots of speculation that one of the former house guests will return. My guess is that BB will do this similar to BB9 where after James was voted out in Week 4 the remaining houseguests were given a choice to bring back James or a previously eveicted house guest from a "Mystery Box". If I remember correctly, the houseguests were so scared of bringing back Allison who had been evicted in Week 3 that they chose to bring back James and then he promptly won HoH. I could see a similar scenario playing out this week with Dom being evicted only to be brought back because Brechel will be scared of Cassi coming back.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 4, 2011 @ 11:08 PM

I think the Americaís Choice vote will be between Dominic and Brandon. Keith and Cassi have been gone long enough, and werenít there long enough to have made as much of an impression. Iím going with Brandon winning it, though. He was made to look very sympathetic tonight. It would be interesting if Rachel were the one evicted next week, and the two of them had to battle it out for the chance to go back in.

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Aug 4, 2011 @ 11:26 PM

It would be interesting if Rachel were the one evicted next week, and the two of them had to battle it out for the chance to go back in.

I have to disagree; that really wouldn't be interesting. It would be five to nine minutes of them arguing about who's going to throw the competition.

I do think Brendon's going to get the chance to compete, sadly.

Merrythought

Merrythought

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 12:53 PM

I speculate that Jeff will win BB13. Why? The other HGs are there just to help make it happen. After all, Rob won the last "Survivor" and I am a fan of the film "Quiz Show."

Edited by Merrythought, Aug 13, 2011 @ 12:56 PM.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 9:17 AM

Time for jury vote speculation!

I suspect that the F2 will be either Adam/Rachel or Adam/Porsche. I think Rachel and Porsche would both take Adam and that Adam would take Rachel.

Rachel/Adam F2:
Rachel: Jeff, Jordan, Brendon
Adam: Porsche
And then Dani, Kalia, and Shelly being hard to predict. I'd think they'd all go with Rachel for game play reasons and possibly, in Shelly and Kalia's case, for 'get in J/J's good graces' reasons.

Porsche/Adam F2:
Porsche: Dani, Kalia
Adam: Jeff, Jordan
With Rachel, Brendon, and Shelly being the hard ones to predict. I think Rachel/Brendon could possibly vote Porsche for game play and personal reason, but I bet they'll end up just voting how J/J do.

I think how the finals shakes out, who wins the final HOH and who takes whom, will probably play into the equation for some of the swing votes.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Sep 9, 2011 @ 9:21 AM.

Merrythought

Merrythought

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 11:22 AM

I think Rachel will be in f2 against Adam and Rachel will win. I think the vote will be 7 - 0 for Rachel.

And I think Jeff will win fan favorite again.

I do not think she deserves to win because there was production manipulation twice to push her further in the game. The first time was when Brendon was brought back and the second time was with PB and the couple twist brought back into the game.

Edited by Merrythought, Sep 9, 2011 @ 11:24 AM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 10, 2011 @ 5:37 PM

I think Jordan or Rachel or even Porsche have a better shot at Americaís Favorite than Jeff does. He didnít come off as well this season, and the last couple of times heís been on screen, he wasnít happy.

If Adam makes it to F2, it will be interesting to see if the jury will appreciate his recent wins, or if the impression they had of him when they left the house as a do-nothing player will override that.

Merrythought

Merrythought

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

My speculation is based on the fact that in the past HGs seemed to learn nothing from past seasons. This season should be no different. My speculation for this season is that the HGs who keep the lowest profiles will float and be the last ones standing. All the others will be evicted before they are. Having said that, I will continue this reply in the spoiler thread.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

I canít imagine that the coaches will remain "coaches" throughout the entire season, or that they will mentor the same bunch week after week. I also think Jodi will come back into the game, or at least be given a chance to.

Merrythought

Merrythought

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

My speculation is that Jodi will have a chance to go back only because CBS was highly criticized when she was evicted because now the show lacks diversity.

eatingpaste

eatingpaste

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

I think Jodi's gone for good; in an exit interview, she is told that Willie is Russell Hantz's brother. It seems like in previous seasons, evicted contestants are kept in sequester and not told about what's going on behind the scenes in the game.

Slider

Slider

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

I have a feeling that if a Coach loses all of their players, then they maybe get to become a player themselves. I can't see the Coach's being on the sidelines very long - especially if Dan loses two in a week.

Plethora

Plethora

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

I have a feeling that if a Coach loses all of their players, then they maybe get to become a player themselves. I can't see the Coach's being on the sidelines very long - especially if Dan loses two in a week.

I completely agree with this. No way BB paid Dan whatever they did to come back and have him do nothing.

rose313

rose313

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

Jodi said in an interview that hamsterwatch.com mentioned, that she was upset that they made her think for a week she'd get to go back in the game, then they just sent her off. I hadn't really felt bad for a BB contestant in a long time, but I felt bad for her.

burtog

burtog

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 1:00 PM

While I wouldn't put it past Grodner to make a head-scratching decision, wouldn't that actually reward a coach for being a failure as a coach if they did that?

A coach actually coaching one of their players to a victory: $100k
A coach losing all 3 players and then winning it themselves: $500k

Unless the reward for a coach remained at just $100k, I can't see how they could justify bringing one actually into the game and rewarding them for not being a good coach.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

My guess is that once a coach loses all their players, they have to stay in the house and get to steal a player from another coach if they win a coach challenge. It would make the coach challenge mean more the longer the game goes on, and unless one of them goes on a challenge run it almost guarantees the final two having different coaches so the audience will stay tuned in to root for the coaches even if they don't care about the players.

Super Mateo

Super Mateo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

I'm trying to see if I can figure out the schedule here:

Eviction Thursdays:
8/16: Cut to 10
8/23: 9
8/30: 8
9/6: 7
9/13: 6
9/20: Finale?

The finale last season only had 3 players left, so there need to be 3 more evictions. I'd expect a double eviction to be either 8/23 or 8/30, and they'll probably eliminate someone extra between 9/13 and 9/20. I can't figure out where the other one would be, though. Would they do another double eviction? Would the finale have four players? Or is my math/finale date off?

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

The finale is actually on the 19th, after the Survivor premiere. So, in order to get to that date with 3 people, which is normally how many there are on finale night, they're probably gonna need to do 3 Fast Forwards and/or Double Evictions. Which is a lot. I think in the recent seasons there's only been 1 FF. There hasn't been a DE in awhile, I don't think.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Aug 14, 2012 @ 10:28 AM.

KenR

KenR

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 10:41 AM

Perhaps the finale will borrow from Survivor concluding episodes where there are more players at the front of the episode then there will be finalists at the end. I, too, suspect there will be more DE than a usual season, but I'd love to see a format which lessens the amount of time spent with two finalists being boring and jury house members doing set-up dialog. I think this has not been a great season (production-wise),so I don't have a lot of faith, but I'd love to see a finale which doesn't feel as inevitable and time-filling as they usually do.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 10:49 AM

I think there will probably be 2 FFs and then an eviction on the Sunday before the finale.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Aug 14, 2012 @ 10:50 AM.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 3:55 PM

With the season being longer than usual, I'm guessing this is another All-Stars season.

I shudder to think this, but I'm betting it's a given that Frank is coming back because of AG's obvious hardon for him. I think Danielle will be back...Brittany's having a baby so I can't see her back. Jeff will probably be back, and Jesse will make a "funny" appearance. Shane's a possibility.

Rachel won her second season so I can't see Brenchel coming back.

I can't see Dr. Will, Dani Donato, or Dan coming back. Boogie's a question mark- as much of a famewhore as he is, I'm not sure how much his ego can handle being the "older" guy in the house. Janelle also seems really done with this game.

Edited by MethodActor05, May 15, 2013 @ 3:56 PM.

Shocker

Shocker

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 3:11 AM

The latest information on the cast for Big Brother 15, from Big Brother Access:right here

The cast will be all new...no veterans!  That means NO RACHEL!  Of course, CBS can always pull a fast one right at the end.

I hope Survivor will follow suit.

Edited by Shocker, May 16, 2013 @ 3:19 AM.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 1:03 PM

I hope that's true, but I don't believe that rumor.

But boy, I would love to see an all new cast.

There's also a rumor going around that they're going to have a new house, which would be amazing.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 11:15 AM

The cast will be all new...no veterans!  That means NO RACHEL!  Of course, CBS can always pull a fast one right at the end.

I can't see past winners returning, as last season proved that the jury will not vote for a two-time winner. Rachel will probably do "funny" cameos, but it seems pointless to bring her back. She already got her win and rode off into the sunset.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 11:44 PM

There's also a rumor going around that they're going to have a new house, which would be amazing.

It's about time, to be honest. The non-US versions pretty much all get a completely new house every season (like, as in a new layout and everything, not just the wallpaper and furniture), and BBUS's refusal to follow suit has stuck out like a sore thumb.

Edited by SnideAsides, May 22, 2013 @ 11:45 PM.

loki567

loki567

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 4:53 PM

I don't think they're building a new house, just building some extra room for sixteen houseguests. Especially if they can't use a coach's suite like they did last year.

And I actually like the current house design. There's enough room to scheme and negotiate while still being small enough that everyone's always running over each other. I think it would be a real bad idea to make the house too big, you don't want to make it easier for people to hide alliances. And whatever they do, I hope they keep the second floor HoH. That's absolutely perfect for spreading paranoia.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 6:28 PM

The house is so gross though. It looks filthy. They really need to build a new one.

But I agree that I wouldn't want it to be any bigger and maybe not even laid out differently. I'm so used to the way it is now it'd be hard to adjust to a big change.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

I just hope that the show really decides to mess with the houseguests' minds the way that the Australian version does so well (my favorite mindfuck there was when the houseguests were told that they would be competing against a second house -- and the houseguests were actually dumb enough to fall for it!).