Speculation Without Spoilers

• Please log in to reply

425 replies to this topic

The Color Pink

The Color Pink

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 6:34 PM

(This thread is for speculation without spoilers. I wanted to create an area to speculate about BB7. If a BB7 area is made, this can probably be moved.)

From an article at http://www.realitytv...une-21-4142.php

"We're looking for a showdown," Grodner told Variety. "You've got your Big Brother heroes and villains, and that's what's going to make for the best drama." The "good versus evil" theme will reportedly be reflected throughout the show, right down to an updated Big Brother house interior that will commemorate highlights of Big Brother's first six seasons.

I heard that rumor as well. I am wondering how that will work itself into the game. I mean, if they threw "good" and "evil" people onto a house, it would not work out as "good vs. evil" so there must be something else in the works... something that will make them align together? Because Howie could be "evil" for his Busto rant and Kaysar could be "good" for being an honest, nice player... so Howie and Kaysar couldn't align? I cannot read Shapiro's mind. Damn it! I'm interested to see what happens, if anything, with the theme.

Edited by The Color Pink, Jun 13, 2006 @ 1:16 PM.

EarthMomma

EarthMomma

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 6:49 PM

Has a cast list been leaked yet?

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 7:27 PM

Two lists were posted at cbs.com about a week ago. That fueled speculation. Here's a link.

mystikaal

mystikaal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 7:38 PM

Well, other than the whole twins, and partners thing they have already done, TPTB don't really have any say so in who joins what alliance with who. It's all up to the players, even if they went the 'Good vs. Evil' route. It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 9:36 PM

Without even knowing who's coming into the house, I already hate everyone. Kaysar, Janelle, Will, Danielle, Jase...pretty much everyone. I was tired of all of these people by the time their seasons ended. And yet I'll still watch because there's nothing else on TV.

Well, if Jun's still kind of evil and comes back, I may end up not hating her.

Edited by Rina99, Jun 12, 2006 @ 9:36 PM.

moovoo

moovoo

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 10:06 PM

The second rumored cast would absolutely suck... so I'm betting it's true. The first sounds awesome, but a bunch of those people have said they wouldn't do it, so...

setsuna

setsuna

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 10:35 PM

If Danielle agrees to do it, I think she's a shoe in to make the show, and actually has a pretty decent chance of winning it. She has a good grasp of human relationships and how to play the game, but since she didn't actually win isn't viewed as quite the threat Will K. is. Also, she has developed strong relationships with a passel of former BB housemates, and could easily go in with a pre-formed alliance.

I also think she would satisfy the majority of housemates as a winner if she makes the final two. They wouldn't feel like they copped out by choosing someone who didn't play the game and was just under the radar, and it would almost be like making it up to her for missing a win that many thought she deserved.

The Color Pink

The Color Pink

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 11:03 PM

The first sounds awesome, but a bunch of those people have said they wouldn't do it, so...

Do you think perhaps someone like Danielle would lie and say she would never do it just to surprise everyone? Is it possible that CBS could have asked some shoe-ins from later seasons to lie? I'm pretty certain that CBS would have contacted the older seasons' stars like Will, Danielle, etc. before making the decision to do all-stars. An all-stars without them wouldn't work. And the BB6 cast would obviously be willing, except for maybe Jennifer and April. (I almost feel bad for those two.)

HellfireClubGuy

HellfireClubGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 2:20 AM

I really liked the first list, that would be IMO an awesome season and a good reason to get the feeds! The second list is good, but has wayyy to many people I hate.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:45 AM

This is your non-spoiler speculation thread. "Speculation and Spoilers" is kind of a problem, because the reason people want a spec thread is generally so they can speculate without being spoiled. If you want a spoiler thread, you can have one.

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 2:34 PM

Here are the direct links to some new pictures! House and Kaysar and Dana.

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 2:49 PM

From those pictures and the attached article:

It's so hot, slick, and sophisticated, it'll make you want to have a cocktail. Or kill somebody. Or both.

Yeah, nothing says sophistication like neon signs (flames!) in a living room. On Big Brother. Can you feel the class?

We installed brick floors for a hellacious dungeon feel.

In a... kitchen? A kitchen with yellow paint?

And for that matter... rainbow bricks remind you of dungeons?

Sorry, I just find this furniture dude to be very funny.

Edited because my quote tags got seriously messed up.

Edited by MarchingOcelot, Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:11 PM.

Listen Lady

Listen Lady

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 3:01 PM

I'm skeptical of those lists because they don't distinguish Wills/Michaels. And Erika/Erica's name is mispelled in one of them.

But we'll see the real list in just about a week.

Really sorry I'm going to have to watch another season of Janelle chewing cud. But I'm resigned to it. Sigh.

I hope the voting doesn't favor Season 6 too much. It's bound to happen. I'll be happy with Will Kirby. Is it too much to hope for Curtis? Does anyone remember Curtis? Hee.

HellfireClubGuy

HellfireClubGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:17 PM

Do I dare say that the house has a bit of a "gothic" feeling? Weird, for this show....

My favorite interior design was in BB3.

rach el

rach el

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:18 PM

I remember Curtis. I loved Curtis! I'm sure he won't do it though. He probably has a job. Damn him and his having a life.

setsuna

setsuna

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:26 PM

Curtis would never do it at this point in his life. He's now a DA in California, as well as married with a kid.

setsuna

setsuna

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:27 PM

Oops - double post

Edited by setsuna, Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:35 PM.

The Color Pink

The Color Pink

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:35 PM

Curtis? The boring Asian guy who was overly nice and not remotely interesting? I remember that guy. Truthfully, I hate everyone from S1 except for Eddie.

Do I dare say that the house has a bit of a "gothic" feeling? Weird, for this show....

My favorite interior design was in BB3.

I guess it's the evil theme. But it does like old and gothic. Sort of weird, indeed. There will probably a heaven-ish room, I'm thinking.

I liked BB3 too, but it was too cozy for a TV show. Those couches looked comfy. BB6 has been my favorite so far I think, it had more personality than past seasons, I think. I can't even remember BB4 or BB5... I picture plain walls and carpet in my head. BB2 clearly was the worst. (I'll pretend I don't know BB1 exists.)

Jenn211

Jenn211

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 5:46 PM

Curtis? The boring Asian guy who was overly nice and not remotely interesting? I remember that guy.

Curtis boring? The Curtism was quoted many, many times on board. He was not HA HA funny, but I appreciate his dry wit. The Trinitron Dance was funnier than hell.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 6:20 PM

I'm not too sure about the decorations for the house this season. It just seems kind of...ugly. But maybe the more pictures I see of it, the more I'll like it.

Schoonie

Schoonie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 6:28 PM

Does anyone else think it smells funny that there will only be 12 contestants? After steadily increasing the number throughout the past few years, I definitely think there will be some twist involving sending more people in.

setsuna

setsuna

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 6:45 PM

Curtis wasn't funny in a wacky antics way, but I think he was easily the wittiest contestant BB has ever had. The only other contestants I'd classify as witty were Roddy and Will. However, Roddy wasn't particularly funny, and the majority of Will's humor came from other sources.

I do think Roddy would be a pretty excellent castmember for All-Stars. I hated him on Season 3 because he was a sanctimonious, "moral" player who was hypocritical. However, he was also smart, charismatic and a natural leader. I think I'd enjoy watching him again. I think Kaysar will be filling his slot though, which is personally irritating to me as he is 10x more sanctimonious.

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 7:02 PM

And not nearly as sexy. I hated Roddy as much as the next internet nerd but his manipulative strip tease for Marcellas was shameless - and so was I as I lapped up every second of it...

First Kennebec

First Kennebec

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 7:37 PM

I want Brittany & NakomXASJSHWJ to be in the house. They could form the "alternative alliance".

liqidclark

liqidclark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 12:20 AM

I like the house design so far. Constantly reminding the hammies that they're in social hell has got to fuck with their psyches. Plus, it'll help us exaggerate the melodrama even further. All they need are some apocalypse-themed competitions and that scary chorus music to go with them.

OH -- and the DR can be a confessional. If only there was some way to tie it in with The DaVinci Code ....

jellyeggs

jellyeggs

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 7:33 AM

I didn`t know where to put this in the new thread (with no media section yet), I figured it would be most suitable here. BB7`s getting a schedule change even before the season starts, an upgrade actually, as Variety explains

As part of a summer sked shuffle, CBS has decided to move the Saturday edition of the thrice-weekly reality sudser to Sunday nights. Move gives the skein exposure on a more heavily viewed night and also warms up the timeslot for "The Amazing Race," which shifts to Sundays in the fall. "It seems like a good idea to get some reality fans thinking about CBS Sundays at 8," Eye scheduling and programming supremo Kelly Kahl told Daily Variety.

The 1st Sunday show is scheduled for July 16. The CBS scheduling guy also said that the fact that this BB season is "All-Stars" factored in the decision & that he hopes the bigger Sunday numbers`ll help the Tues. & Thurs. shows too. "We`re trying to raise the profile of the show a little bit." in K. Kahl's words. That covers it really. Now all that`s needed is a decent season & they`d really go places! :-)

Edited by jellyeggs, Jun 15, 2006 @ 7:47 AM.

Mekias

Mekias

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 9:45 AM

Curtis was my favorite houseguest by far from season 1. They never had to actually play the game though so I don't know if any of them could handle the scheming and manipulations of present day BB. I'm glad Curtis is successful and happy as he was probably the nicest person ever in the BB house.

They said that there was at least 1 person from every season in the top 20. Eddie would be my choice from Season 1 but supposedly he's said no. Brittany would get chewed up and spit out by BB Allstars. That girl's way too emotional. Same with Sloshy. Chicken George would be easily manipulated by people in the house. I'm not sure who else would consent to go back into the house.

Edited by Mekias, Jun 15, 2006 @ 9:46 AM.

Karah

Karah

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 3:43 PM

Do you think perhaps someone like Danielle would lie and say she would never do it just to surprise everyone? Is it possible that CBS could have asked some shoe-ins from later seasons to lie? I'm pretty certain that CBS would have contacted the older seasons' stars like Will, Danielle, etc. before making the decision to do all-stars. An all-stars without them wouldn't work. And the BB6 cast would obviously be willing, except for maybe Jennifer and April. (I almost feel bad for those two.)

This is what I'm hoping for! I'd like to think Danielle and Amy will both be producer choices and show up at some point during Allstars.

ElectraGlide

ElectraGlide

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 4:22 PM

I didn`t know where to put this in the new thread (with no media section yet)

jellyeggs, the media thread can be found here. It's already on pg. 2 of the list of topics.

The Color Pink

The Color Pink

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 4:22 PM

Amy's a definite no because she just got married. But I'm hoping Danielle is lying to us and is going to be in the 20.

jelly, thanks for the article. You know, CBS was willing to have it on everyday when it sucked. I would like to see it on 4 night a weeks. (I'm addicted, so what?)