Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 4:48 PM

Posted Image

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 4:50 PM

That almost needs a follow up of Lester falling off the chair with the caption: Ingenuity--causing physical harm without violating the company wide no touching policy.

Evilrabbit

Evilrabbit

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 5:45 PM

Well, technically one of them is a plant, if that matters....

It so doesn't. Everyone on Moya and Talyn is a different species (except Aeryn and Crais), they just don't let that get in the way. Watch how many times they use "male" or "female" instead of "man" or "woman", because it's less human-centric.

Vomit facemask and full of crazy: Still hotter than the beard

Heehee! "IT'S PUKE???!!!"

I love all the fansubs motivators, and love that they're being posted as YouTube introduces its new "Transcribe Audio" option in beta, which always seems to get things horribly wrong.

Codger

Codger

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 6:07 PM

Posted Image
I Spy tab

Edited by Codger, Mar 24, 2010 @ 6:10 PM.

Fabrisse

Fabrisse

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 7:18 PM

Thank you, Codger.

*sniff*

akg

akg

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 9:05 PM

*sniff*

I need to find my I Spy dvds.

Nighteyes2

Nighteyes2

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 9:42 PM

Thanks so much for the guide to UK Pratchett-tv sites Daisycat and VioletVision! Going Postal will air Easter weekend, right?

***wanders off to buy more 1kg bags of Cadbury's mini-eggs to help her get through the time until Going Postal is available for viewing***

Luckily, I am working my way backwards through this thread, so I can eat chocolate and look at pretty pretty men while I do so. Which means that the wait won't be SUCH a trial.

Edited by Nighteyes2, Mar 24, 2010 @ 9:44 PM.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 9:47 PM

That almost needs a follow up of Lester falling off the chair with the caption: Ingenuity--causing physical harm without violating the company wide no touching policy.

Can't find the perfect screencap of that moment! :(

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 9:57 PM

Fansubs. "R"s and "L"s can be fun.
Posted Image

Posted Image

This one's really common. Sometimes you should try to translate what they meant, not what they literally said.
Posted Image

Where would you keep one that size?
Posted Image

LadyCallie

LadyCallie

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 11:39 PM

Not mine, possibly a repost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My god, those two. *fans self*

GoldfishGirl42

GoldfishGirl42

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 11:47 AM

Okay, so I got up to Nerve/Hidden Memory last night.

*stares at heart, stamped on the floor into little bitty pieces*

I need serious Motivator therapy.

Posted Image

(I listened to the commentary, and the heart-stomping was slightly lessened by Ben Browder cracking wise about how exhausting it was to sit in the chair, screaming, for 16 hours a day.)

Posted Image

Very very severely bent, but not completely broken. (And yes, I have some idea of what's coming next.) Just infer "Oh, Crichton" x one thousand.

More proof that Python travels incredibly well:
Posted Image

My first impressions of Scorpius- aided of course, by Pterry:

Posted Image
Posted Image

And goddamn, if she wasn't head-over-heels for John already, I would kiss this woman:
Posted Image
Posted Image

(Farscape tag) ('Caps gently borrowed from FarscapeCaps.com .)

Edited by GoldfishGirl42, Mar 25, 2010 @ 1:36 PM.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 4:20 PM

When 'verses collide

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comma Sutra

Comma Sutra

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 4:49 PM

I finally got around to watching BSG: The Plan and this is really all I can say about it:

Posted Image

Loving the Pratchett as usual! I just re-read "Guards Guards" last week and wrote down a bunch of the same quotes you just used! Great minds, and all that :) Maybe I'll do some myself tomorrow!

sallyrover

sallyrover

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 6:14 PM

This one is to fulfill a request from a few days back. Hope your broken limb is grafting up nicely!
Posted Image

jessicajason

jessicajason

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 7:16 PM

From this week's Big Bang Theory:
Posted Image
Context

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 9:47 PM

Ha, Sheldon as sexy has just never occurred to me somehow, but damn.

Maniac64

Maniac64

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 9:56 PM

That clip just made me think of how Sheldon kind of reminds me of Rowan Atkinson.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 10:07 PM

Legend of Galactic Heroes. I spend a lot of time making fun of bad fansubs, but that's mainly because the bad ones are usually funnier than the good ones. Every now and then I've got to recognize an outstanding effort like this one. They're freaking heroes for getting the spelling right (using an X or Z is a judgement call), and I'm pretty sure that this sub predates the internet, meaning that they couldn't just google it.
Posted Image

Mobile Suit Gundam. Try reading this out loud in the style of Thurston Howell, III from Gilligan's Island.
Posted Image

I'd tell you what show this is from if I could see the damn scene.
Posted Image

Subtlety is overrated.
Posted Image

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 6:53 AM

Who the hell subs these anime, LMAO!

NoWillToResist

NoWillToResist

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 9:06 AM

Ha, Sheldon as sexy has just never occurred to me somehow, but damn

Seriously. Note to self: watch that episode.

Dude is looking sharp in that screen cap. *insert slightly geeky "rawr!" here* ;)

Comma Sutra

Comma Sutra

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 11:15 AM

More Prachett:

Posted Image
Just before kicking Ethan's ass on Halloween.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Because if ever a library needed the Librarians of Time & Space, this library did. At least he didn't break the 3rd rule and managed to avoid spoilers!

Edited by Comma Sutra, Mar 26, 2010 @ 11:16 AM.

Hyzenthlay

Hyzenthlay

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 3:25 PM

Comma Sutra, could you provide citations for the library quotes?

Love the Prachett/Buffy and Prachett/Doctorwho pairings.

Great job!

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 9:36 PM

I was beginning to feel like I was slacking off by not doing at least one Pratchett related motivator. From Feet of Clay.

Posted Image

Fansubs are like impromptu language exams for the folks who do them. The fact that they're all amateurs (in both the best and the worst senses of the word, depending on the group) just makes it that much more exciting.

They just don't make unstoppable death machines like they used to. Note: The spell checker's auto-suggest feature is not a translator's ally.
Posted Image

Ever notice how many dirty old men there are in anime?
Posted Image

Excel Saga, I think. Been a while since I watched it.
Posted Image

Might be from Daphne in the Brilliant Blue.
Posted Image

Nighteyes2

Nighteyes2

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 1:03 PM

Hey all:
Sorry I can't motivate right now, but I am really enjoying the awesome, awesome Pratchett motivators GoldfishGirl, CommaSutra and Sandman. And CommaSutra? Comparing Giles to the Librarian? Sheer, unparalleled brilliance. An internet and chocolatey smores to you! Willowfae, sorry I can't motivate, but I hope that you're feeling better, and the broken leg isn't hampering you too much!

Sandman, I don't watch anime (other than Sailor Moon back in the day, and you know, the original AstroBoy), and with your fansubs, I think I am a little scared to try. Did that sub really say that that character would have to go down on someone? Isn't she a kid? I am so disturbed.

Also, sad to say, I was at the library today, and saw a SPN novel. My squeeing almost got me kicked out of the library. I knew that you guys would understand, though. (And yes, I did check it out, if only because I didn't get my Cas fix this week).

Edited by Nighteyes2, Mar 27, 2010 @ 1:24 PM.

Kaffyr

Kaffyr

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 1:36 PM

Hi, folks ... the anime goodness has been awe-inspiring, as well as spit-take inducing. Thanks any and all of y'all for providing it to us.

Now I have a question and a request. Question first: does anyone know where I can find screen-caps for "Caprica"? Since I now think I can actually try to make some motivators, I want to bring Caprica's complicated and scary goodness to the thread. but I can't do that unless I have ... you know ... actual images. Any direction will be gratefully accepted.

The request is simply to those of us who may share my Caprica love, and who have access to the imagery and possess great motivator-fu, to make some fantastic motivators.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 2:45 PM

I don't watch Desperate Housewives, but I heard that John Barrowman already arrived. Was he any good? Can anyone make a motivator about him in that show?

bethy

bethy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 4:42 PM

Posted Image

silent

silent

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 5:03 PM

Not to mention the state of his study...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Welcome back Supernatural (he, judging from these caps no matter whether chaotic or tidy, Dean's never impressed with the state of this room...)

Edited by silent, Mar 27, 2010 @ 5:03 PM.

Silje

Silje

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 5:41 PM

Longtime lurker in this thread - loving all of the motivators, even of the shows I don't watch. And thanks to this thread I began watching Doctor Who, Torchwood, Battlestar Galactice, Burn Notice, Chuck, Firefly, Leverage and White Collar. Damn you all, and thank you very very much for all the fun.

HoneyBee: I wasn't going to watch Desperate Housewives this season, but when I found out Barrowman was going to be in it - I just had to see. So this week I went from seeing episode 7 (that's how far we've come in Norway) straight up to episode 18 and John Barrowman. I don't know if it's a good or bad sign that I got right into the plot right away, but Barrowman was great!

Here is my first attempts of making motivators, so please be kind, and I can send the photos if someone wants to make some others (feel free to steal them) :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 8:32 PM

Yay, the generator cut off the towel:

Posted Image

Chuck