Live Feed Highlights: Spoilers Only, NO Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

3472 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 6:24 PM

This thread is and always has been for event highlights only. No editorializing or discussion is permitted here. That's what the Live Feeds Discussion thread is for. 

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jun 24, 2006 @ 9:09 AM

Not really on topic. Behind-the-scenes stuff isn't really something we're going to go into, except in the context of explaining the plans for this thread, which we've already done.

evil jesus

evil jesus

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2006 @ 12:00 PM

You can read transcripts of the live feeds at Joker's Updates or Hamster Time any time of the day. Sometimes that's easier to follow because of the whispering or inaudiable conversations going on.

Alise

Alise

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 1:24 AM

If anyone finds out if that code really gives you 10 bucks off, please let me know.

I just signed up again, and it said it would charge my credit card $29.99 instead of $39.99 by using the coupon. I guess I'll find out for sure when the charge goes through.

I remember in Season 3 when these boards were being refreshed so fast and furiously that the lag was horrendous. Somewhere in the middle of all that, the plug was pulled on BB3, and people moved to other places to recap up to the second. Can't blame TWOP though, the load on the system must have been horrible.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 7:07 AM

The plug wasn't pulled on the show in the middle of the season. The plug was, however, pulled on the Live Feed thread. Seriously, I think we've explained this enough. My intent was only to give you some context for why the live-feed talk is being segregated here. Thanks!

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 11:06 AM

I used the coupon code quoted in this thread, and my credit card was only charged $29.99. Yippee, I'm in business!

cem

cem

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 8:28 PM

I just registered with the code. I also received the $29.99/3 month offer.

bear88

bear88

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2006 @ 12:26 AM

I'm all in favor of this thread and hope it works out. Big Brother is a unique show in the sense that it can be experienced on several levels. You can just watch it as another reality TV show and take what you're given. But viewers have other options, which are both addictive and enlightening. I've never got the live feeds and won't this year, but am always curious to hear about the goings-on (within bounds of reason) and find out what viewers are not being shown.

Edited by bear88, Jun 27, 2006 @ 12:27 AM.

False Dmitri

False Dmitri

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2006 @ 1:06 PM

I'm hoping this thread works out, too. There are a number of sites with minute by minute live recaps that take almost as long to read as if you were watching in real time, written for the most part by near illiterates. It will be nice if we can come here and get succinct summaries of just the highlights, without having to read page after page about who cooked dinner and who silently played chess for an hour.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jun 27, 2006 @ 1:40 PM

Other sites are not the topic. Patting ourselves on the back for being superior to them? Also not the topic. People want different things from reading about live feeds. Leave it alone.

phenolbarbiedol

phenolbarbiedol

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 27, 2006 @ 5:38 PM

Heads-up regarding payment for the feeds:

I just signed up for the BB7 live feeds from Real, and I used the coupon code mentioned by one of our more lovely posters (yes, SK03, I'm looking at you:) on page 1 of this thread. On my receipt, it was written that I'd be charged $39.99 for the 3-month subscription, so I called in to ask about it.

The Level 2 Customer Support guy I was transferred to told me that they'd been experiencing a bug with the coupon-code feature, so he agreed to send me an e-mail confirming that I should only be charged $29.99 for the 3-month deal. He added that if I am charged more, I need to let them know immediately and they'll refund me.

Edited by phenolbarbiedol, Jun 28, 2006 @ 8:49 AM.

dizziehead

dizziehead

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 29, 2006 @ 3:56 PM

I already posted this in the episode thread but I thought I'd put it here as well. Janelle mentioned in the chat on her website that Thursday's show was going to be pre-taped Monday or Tuesday of next week, so the feeds won't kick in until day 3 or 4 again I guess.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Jun 30, 2006 @ 12:19 AM

That sucks. I was foolishly hoping that they'd go into the house live, and I'd get to see all of the initial conversations - if they knew each other, and how well, who likes who, who was pissed that someone else was there, who gravitated towards whom. I think that first hour in this house would be some of the greatest live feed drama yet. Sigh. Oh, well, I'll just have to be satisfied with the watered down version BB feeds us.

SK03

SK03

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 30, 2006 @ 1:13 AM

I should have Comcast broadband cable (self) installed either Friday or Monday in time for the debut next Thursday. I have a Linksys wireless router (g + speedboaster) and desktop wireless card (same config) just waiting to be installed. (I really don't want to crawl under the house or punch a hole in the wall.)

Question: What should I expect from going wireless? Great live streams, just good, or an occassional jumpy or frozen feed. Or is it a bad ideal?

Meph Girl

Meph Girl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 30, 2006 @ 10:07 AM

I ordered the feeds this morning and my receipts says "If you continue your subscription to Real SuperPass past the 3 day trial, you will be charged $29.99 every 3 months unless you decide to cancel." The coupon code is working.

I thought if I ordered just the Big Brother package I would be billed one time only for $29.99, but the message above indicates I will have to cancel at the end of BB7 or continue to be charged. Just a heads up for anyone else thinking it is a one-time charge.

But, whoo! This is my first time getting the feeds and I am far too excited.

appellation

appellation

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 30, 2006 @ 6:52 PM

I've read through the jokers pages of the daily ongoings but i'm in favour of someone over here doing daily summaries. I'd hate to have to go to other sites for my BB info. Hope TWoP can help me out here.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jun 30, 2006 @ 7:17 PM

Not daily summaries, I don't think -- that's too much hierarchy, deciding what time and who's going to do them and so forth. As we said before, highlights are fine. If you'd put it in a very brief highlight reel, you can put it here, but summaries of everything that happened all day are beyond the scope of a section that's ultimately about the show.

Knots Landing

Knots Landing

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2006 @ 1:22 AM

What if the list of the top 20 was leaked, could that also be included in this thread, along with other twists in the game? Or is it JUST live feeds?

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2006 @ 6:12 AM

Live feeds means live feeds.

onewaslost

onewaslost

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 2, 2006 @ 10:43 PM

Have the costs for the live feeds gone way up?

Last year I didn't order them until it was late enough for a thirty day free trial to get me through the rest of the season. Was the price this high at the beginning last year?

fatcatmatt

fatcatmatt

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2006 @ 11:04 PM

Feeds are up. The fire is pretty darn freaky. You can't get to it by going through Real Player, though. You need to click on the links at sites like here.

They had a "heaven" feel the other day with water images , and today they have "hell" with fire.

Also, if anyone wants a little discount when signing up, type "bb7early" in the coupon code box. It'll save you $10.00 on the season pass, or $2.00 monthly.

Edited by fatcatmatt, Jul 2, 2006 @ 11:06 PM.

Nich337

Nich337

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2006 @ 11:24 PM

So, is it sick that I plan on having Real open nonstop for the next few days, in hopes of catching a quick technical glitch that gives us a peek inside the house? Because I don't have work until Wednesday, so I've got time to spare.

oscrapit

oscrapit

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 3, 2006 @ 10:38 AM

Nich337, It's not sick and we appreciate your efforts. You'll be a hero if you report to us first!

Edited by oscrapit, Jul 3, 2006 @ 10:38 AM.

evil jesus

evil jesus

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2006 @ 11:11 AM

How long will the coupon be available. I'm not sure if I'm going to subscribe this season or not.

fatcatmatt

fatcatmatt

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2006 @ 10:12 PM

The coupon goes away Thursday I believe.

On topic, There was a glitch today showing only 12 seats at the table and 12 spots at the memory wall. There were production crew members walking around. Interesting stuff seeing as there were 14 on each in the casting special and in the commercials.

keram

keram

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 12:59 AM

I think that CBS is messing with us regarding the whole 12/14 issue. While I have seen some stills that show only 12 seats, this video capture seems to show 14.

This capture shows 12 seats, people walking around and some trivia questions.

Make of it what you will.

Edited by keram, Jul 4, 2006 @ 1:15 AM.

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 9:02 AM

From the looks of the wall, they just removed to pictures from the bottom row. I'm guessing to throw off the guests who get in the house right away so they don't know there's two more incoming.

That, or CBS has gotten much more clever with their marketing and is trying to generate internet buzz with this.

evil jesus

evil jesus

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 1:53 PM

I guess the HoH competition will start a week later than last year. With 12 HG's, they could get through the season with no double eviction weeks. Maybe we are just getting 12.

Gwendy

Gwendy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 5:36 PM

Audio feeds are coming through right now. Spoilering to be on the safe side:

Alison, Janelle, Lisa, Marcellas, Dani, Jase (eek!), Kaysar, and Howie have all been heard on the feeds.

Howie and Jason are talking game. Howie trying to convince Jase that the Season 6 folks aren't that tight.

Qwerky

Qwerky

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 5:35 PM

Hey!

I just heard hamsters talking on the feeds. The picture was still just hell flames, then a women's voice said, laughing " Did you hear what we just did, James?" James' voice said, " No, what?" Then she said "Janelle and I just ..." Then silence like the techno guys realized they had accidentally turned on the sound and shut it off. Oh wait, I changed from quad to cam 2 and now I am listening to a convo between Howie and someone, and they are already talking strategy. Oh its Jase! If they keep on the sound, we can have the whole roster outed before Thursday.

ETA: Hope I wasnt supposed to spoiler tag anything, the thread title leads me to believe that its not necessary here.

Edited by Qwerky, Jul 4, 2006 @ 5:37 PM.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 5:44 PM

Spoiler tags aren't needed in here. Thanks.