3-1: "Marsha and Nikki" 2006.06.11 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

105 replies to this topic

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:09 PM

Nikki was not a Bridezilla, but she and Tony reminded me of that SNL skit, "The Assholes", with the gum smacking and the "babe, babe, babe".

Marsha, wow. She just made it abundantly clear that Season 2 was lacking legitimate Bridezillas. She scares me

kdelarosa22

kdelarosa22

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:19 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking. It is like SNL wrote the skit off of them. Whatever Babe.

drivethroo

drivethroo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:25 PM

Nikki was not a Bridezilla, but she and Tony reminded me of that SNL skit, "The Assholes", with the gum smacking and the "babe, babe, babe".

Who the heck keeps their driver's license in the cupboard?

Marsha, wow. She just made it abundantly clear that Season 2 was lacking legitimate Bridezillas. She scares me

I have a feeling the womenfolk in Archie's family are just like Marsha, and he's with her so she can be the aggressive pit bull he can't be.

Her demands and concerns were not unreasonable: If she paid for the gloves, give them to her. DON'T tell her she needs to bring in her gown before you'll give her the gloves she already paid for. DON'T touch people you don't know. If you want to touch her ring, ask her instead of just grabbing. If Marsha has just driven 5 hours to get there, DON'T expect her to immediately roll over to the church to decorate it.

It's not her demands that's the problem, it's her general nasty attitude and the way she carries herself that is the problem. Her attitude has nothing to do with being a Bridezilla. That's just how Marsha is, and it won't get any better, it will just get worse.

Apparently, Marsha and Archie were on Dr Phil. Did anyone see it? Do tell.

I saw them, and she was just as nasty on Dr. Phil as she was on this show.

Edited by drivethroo, Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:58 PM.

JDub1

JDub1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:28 PM

Did anyone else think Nikki looked like Nicole Eggert, except not as pretty? Nikki seemed like she'd look all right if her looks weren't so high maintainance. The skunk hair, shitty french tips, the weird overdone eyebrows, the ten coats of mascara and the jet black eyeliner under her eyes was all waaaaaaaaay too much. There was a lot of skunk hair going on there. Her mom had it, at least 3 of her bridesmaids did, and a few random people in the crowd were all sporting skunk variations along with Nikki. Do people really wear those chunky streaks anymore?

Nikki and Tony were kind of boring, and I can't remember anything past their constant gum chomping. Which was majorly annoying.

Marsha---wow. What a major bitch. The way she talked to that girl at the tux shop when she touched her ring was much ruder than what she was accusing the girl of. Marsha seriously needs to calm the fuck down. Take a deep breath, damn. Something. I felt sorry for her fiance. I don't get what he did that was so wrong. The way she talked to him when she got into town, snapping her head at him---how disrespectful of him and their relationship. Now, I've been known to snap my head at Mr. JDTB in a very heated arguement(which is very rare), but that's in the privacy of my own home when it's just the two of us. I've never treat him like that in front of other people, or on national TV.

I had a few good laughs at Marsha's choice of words. "He's just putting me on the back end...the back burner in the back of things". "I'm so stressed that I'm overwhelmed with stress. When there's heat, you can't add any more fire to fire or it'll be too hot", or whatever she said.

Edited by JDub1, Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:33 PM.

Taylorh2

Taylorh2

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:33 PM

An open letter to Archie.

Dear Archie,

we the televison viewing public would like to know why you are marrying Marsha? Years ago, did you sign some type of contract with Satan giving you XYZ? Is the only way to pay off said contract, is to marry the spawn of Satan? We cannot think of any logical reason why you would want to marry THE EVIL INCARNATED? Dear sweet ARCHIE, the only way to help Marsha, is to get her to an exorcism. FAST!!!!

RUN, dear sweet Archie, RUN!!!!!

Edited by Taylorh2, Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:34 PM.

missAnu

missAnu

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:35 PM

Is that where his driving license was? I couldnt believe he had misplaced his driver's license. I think that would turn any bride into a bridezilla, and surprisingly she wasn't as bitchy as I thought she would be about that.

The other bride, Marsha or whatever her name was, was just a terrible person-rude and obnoxious. I didnt watch the end so didnt get to see whether they got married or not though they must have. Also why the heck did they want their wedding to be in AK? Was it some dumass reason that because the groom lived in TN and the bride in TX that they need a halfway point? That made no sense to me. I thought she over reacted with the whole -dont touch my finger thing-that was just rude. And her analogy of 'well if someone said I had a nice butt and then they touched my butt' was hilarious. I know another episode is on right now but I actually felt drained watching the episode with Marsha that Im missing it. Hopefully there'll be reruns on WE sometime soon. My best friend is getting married next spring I have to get her to watch this show.

relic20

relic20

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:47 PM

Apparently, Marsha and Archie were on Dr Phil. Did anyone see it? Do tell.

Bitch be crazy. No wonder she's having problems getting what she wants for her wedding--she treats everyone associated with it like shit. People don't want to do a great job for you if you treat them like indentured service. You catch my flies with honey than vinegar. You can't fix crazy, people. Poor Archie.

The other chick was lame, too. Her make up and hair were just...what does she really look like?

alphabetsoup

alphabetsoup

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:49 PM

Nikki seemed stressed, maybe a little whiny and bitchy at times, but I didn't think she was bad at all. I would have been more upset than she was if my husband-to-be called and said that his friends were trying to get him drunk right before the wedding. At the reception, she seemed very happy and was actually having fun. What a disappointment!

Marsha... Yikes! I can see why she'd be stressed, and I guess it is considered rude to touch someone you don't know, but... jeez. Something in her eyes really scares me. When she narrows them, it looks like she's ready to maul you! And what was with Archie texting his sister that she was worthless or whatever he said (it was on accident, but still)? How dumb can you be? Well, I guess pretty dumb if he's marrying Marsha.

This season looks promising, but I doubt it will top season 1.

ETA- Nikki looks a little scary without make-up. What's up with the poop-brown eyebrows? An odd color choice. Maybe she was trying to match them to her skunk highlights.

Edited by alphabetsoup, Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:58 PM.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:01 PM

I didnt watch the end so didnt get to see whether they got married or not though they must have.

There's more Marsha next week and the week after. WE doesn't have a listing up for July yet so she might carry over into week 4 too

Also why the heck did they want their wedding to be in AK?

I assumed that Archie and Marsha were both originally from Arkansas, but after college they moved to their new, respective states. Instead of fling family to Tennessee or Texas they decided to bring the wedding home to Arkansas. I made that all up in my head, but it works.
The Dr. Phil show summary , for people who haven't been into the spoiler thread.

Edited by ChocolateCherry, Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:18 PM.

Carpedi7

Carpedi7

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:00 PM

I did see the Dr. Phil with Marsha and Archie on it. She treated her wedding planner (Archie's sister) like shit on Dr. Phil and wasn't apolegetic in the least bit until she realized just how bad she looked, but even then her apology sounded fake. She was just as bitchy on Dr. Phil as she was on this show which tells me that it wasn't just the stress from the wedding making her that way. If I was her fiancee I would have told her fine the first 50 thousand times she said she didn't want to get married.

Nikki just seemed more high maintenance than anything, she definitely could have used a wedding planner at her rehearsal though.

Edited by Carpedi7, Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:03 PM.

JDub1

JDub1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:08 PM

I know another episode is on right now but I actually felt drained watching the episode with Marsha that Im missing it.

I only hung around for a couple of minutes afterward, but it appeared that they aired this episode twice in a row. Unless someone realized it was a mistake and fixed it after I had already changed it.

I wish they had explained why it is that Marsha and Archie live in different states.

Nikki's most drama queen moment was when she started having a panic attack and said she thought someone put something in her drink the night before. Hee. Whatever Nikki.

brownSugar

brownSugar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:28 PM

FRUSTRATING.

AUDACITY.

Marsha please look these words up - I am so sick of you mispronouncing them!

Usually, I get such a good laugh out of the wackiness and the over-the-top brides on this show, but with Marsha I literally sat with my jaw open. She was so mean to her fiance it made the show painful to watch.

And honey, if you're from such a "distinguished" family, you would know better than to talk to and treat people in such a demeaning manner.

If Marsha can get a man, anyone can.

AmyParsley

AmyParsley

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:32 PM

Did Nikki's veil fall off right before the ceremony? At her (?) house she was worried because Donatella Versace Bridesmaid stepped on it, but during the ceremony it wasn't there...just the fake hair lying on top of her real hair, which, wow.

twokidsskatemom

twokidsskatemom

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:38 PM

Also why the heck did they want their wedding to be in AK?

I dont think you mean Ak, that is Alaska.

Marsha, marsha, marsha. Such abitch..... Have no words. Run run run away groom....

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:52 PM

This was my first Bridezilla episode since a) I just got the channel and b) TWOP is recapping it.

I got married in April and want to mail this show to everyone who even thought I was a bitch.

I don't care how stressed you are with wedding planning, whether or not you are marrying the guy should never be up for discussion at that point! I really thought poor Archie was going to break into tears when she wouldn't say she wanted to marry him. Also I think he was scared to go back to his sister (who in my opinion probably groomed him to be the scared, cowering in the corner man he has become).

Nikki was way more relaxed about the groom drinking and the limo stealing than I would've been. But seriously, why the hell would your license be in the cupboard?

And honey, if you're from such a "distinguished" family, you would know better than to talk to and treat people in such a demeaning manner.

Amen. And there is absolutely no justifiable reason to have 15 bridesmaids, 5 junior bridesmaids, 2 junior groomsmen, 3 flower girls and 1 ring bearer. You obviously know the word "no", use it when people ask if they can be in the wedding. Ugh. Who is gonna be sitting in the pews? Everyone you know is up on the altar!

Divagalore

Divagalore

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 12:07 AM

I was barely paying Nikki's story any real attention, because Marsha was irking me so. This woman is beyond a Bridezilla. Hell, she was making me want to go through the TV and knock her ass out...LOL. Too over the top for words. I don't eve see how she could have this big extravagant wedding with the way she treats people. 15 Bridesmaids/Groomsmen. 5 Jr Bridesmaids....ridiculous. I don't know if she was giving a little extra diva behavior, or not, but I do believe this is apart of her. I cracked up when she snapped at the sales girl for admiring her engagement ring. That girl had a WTF? Look on her face..LOL.

Aww, then we've got Archie, oh so passive, but probably the only type of man that would put up with this drama queen. No way in the world should he have left the house just because she had an attitude. I personally feel he should be looking the other way, because the wedding is only the tip of the iceberg of what to look forward to. I can't see anything positive coming out of this marriage just based on the little we were shown tonight. The couple needs therapy before trying to walk down some aisle.

JDub1

JDub1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 12:09 AM

And there is absolutely no justifiable reason to have 15 bridesmaids, 5 junior bridesmaids, 2 junior groomsmen, 3 flower girls and 1 ring bearer.

I'm surprised that that many people even like Marsha.

kscatlvr2001

kscatlvr2001

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 1:15 AM

I thought she over reacted with the whole -dont touch my finger thing-that was just rude. And her analogy of 'well if someone said I had a nice butt and then they touched my butt' was hilarious

Girl is gonna go nuts if she's ever pregnant because, well, for some reason a pregnant belly just shouts, "Touch me!"

Double Delight

Double Delight

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 1:28 AM

If Marsha can get a man, anyone can.

It boggles the mind. There are thousands of women trying to find themselves a nice catch and here comes Marsha, steamrolling anyone that dares stand up to her. She not only snagged a man willing to spend his life with her, but one who cowers in fear of her temper. I felt so bad for poor Archie. That rabid bitch has him by the balls and his future looks bleak from what we've seen.

Nikki on the other hand was lame. She's certainly no Bridezilla.

tinabee

tinabee

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 4:16 AM

Am I the only one that thinks Season 3 is going to be the absolute worst? I was very disappointed in this episode. Marsha is just so nasty, I could not care less about watching her wedding, even with the teaser scenes at the end of the show. And, Nikki is just your typical high-maintenance suicide blonde. Although I didn't blame her for getting upset over her fiance forgetting his ID.

As far as the show's format, the producers and editors have tried a little bit harder to get our appetites whetted for the next episode, but by that point I was just so completely over Marsha, that watching her wedding ceremony will be a painful exercise. The sad part is that Archie will probably end up married for a very long time to Marsha, and be browbeaten senseless each and every day he is by her side. Why he loves her is a complete and total mystery, because she has no redeeming qualities.

Yep.....Season 3, in my opinion is going to be the ultimate suckfest. But, just like the proverbial train wreck, I can't stop looking at the horror.

On the upside, with Season 3, and The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency on TV, along with the new show where aging rockers (Ted Nugent and Sebastian Bach, among others) get together to form a band, the summer programming season is shaping up to be an interesting one.

ChgoRed

ChgoRed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 7:31 AM

Who the heck keeps their driver's license in the cupboard?

The same kind of guy who wears that t-shirt when going to pick up his marriage license. All class, that one.

Archie needs some serious deprogramming. Why on Earth is he with that woman? Watching them was just painful. I was actually hoping he would ask her to give the ring back.

And this--

Donatella Versace Bridesmaid

--Hee hee!

Edited by ChgoRed, Jun 12, 2006 @ 7:37 AM.

missAnu

missAnu

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 8:13 AM

I dont think you mean Ak, that is Alaska.

Hehe, you're right. I meant AR for for Arkansas. Sorry! Anyway I really want to see the episode where the Asian lady gets married and starts screaming at her mom in the most annoying voice possible over the choice of her outfit. I think that looks good. On another note, I just joined this forum and Im on it at 8 in the morning?! Whats wrong with me!

girlnamedcarl

girlnamedcarl

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 8:20 AM

J. and I theorized that the whole getting-lost, losing-your-drivers-license thing was some kind of passive-agressive bid on Tony's part to attempt to get out of marrying Nikki. Also: who the hell carries around a *copy* of their driver's license, but not the real thing???

There are no words for Marsha. Well, maybe 2: compelling TV.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 8:55 AM

I don't think Tony's license was in the cupboard. I think he said that Nikki was reaching for something in the cupboard and she knocked some papers down that were under the cupboard and his license fell out. That makes sense, he was probably was filling out papers and left the license with them accidentally.

But if it really were in the cupboard...yeah, I've got nothing.

I was concerned for all of the drivers on the road with Marsha. She was getting pretty heated with those conversations and I was worried that her attention wasn't quite where it should be.

girlnamedcarl

girlnamedcarl

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 9:26 AM

Oh, she was paying plenty of attention to the other drivers, remember? She wanted to shoot them!

The Closer

The Closer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 9:34 AM

I'm ashamed to say this, but I could see myself putting my driver's license in the cupboard. If I needed it to fill out papers and then put the papers away, I very likely might (accidentally) leave the license with them. As for putting papers in cupboards, I'm also a person who occasionally places the television remote in the fridge and the cordless phone in the bathroom, behind the soap. (I'm hell to live with!)

I am also a person who doesn't particularly like being touched and didn't find it appropriate for that sales person to reach out and touch Marsha's ring. But, like every response Marsha had during this episode, it was over the top. It also wasn't just wedding related responses - her response about wanting a gun and how she wasn't even fooling - that to me just underscored how crazy this woman is at all times over, uh, pretty much everything.

She was so mean to her fiance it made the show painful to watch.

ITA. That point of the show wasn't fun to watch at all.

JDub1

JDub1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 11:52 AM

I agree that it was a little dumb of the salesgirl to reach out and touch the ring. I'd be taken aback if someone reached out and touched my jewelry too. But I'd probably just withdraw my hand and leave it at that.

Marsha totally needs counseling. The way she reacts to things is way too extreme. Plus I think it's effed up of her to use having a bad day as an excuse to lash out at everyone she comes across. She's got mental health issues.

fangums

fangums

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 12:09 PM

I was soooooooo disappointed. WE showed this episode at 2:30 am Sunday and my TIVO picked it up, so I watched it yesterday morning. So at 10 pm I was very confused and let down that I didn't have anything "new" to see! (And I don't know why they spoiled their own premiere, even in the middle of the night.)

Did they ever say how much Nikki's wedding totalled? I know mom & dad went "over budget" but I was curious how much. Her dress seemed very reasonable and her cake didn't seem bad by comparison to some so I was wondering how her budget fell compared to some of the extravaganzas we've seen.

African Orchid

African Orchid

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 12:17 PM

There are no words for Marsha and if Archie had any sense he would run as fast as he could away from her. Bridezilla is one thing but being plain ole nasty is another thing entirely. And why in the world do you need all those people in your bridal party?

Nikki was no bridezilla by any stretch. She got pissed over the same things that anyone else would get pissed over.

librarygurl

librarygurl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 2:48 PM

There was a lot of skunk hair going on there. Her mom had it...

Her mother's hair cracked me up - sometimes the mothers are living in denial with their hair. Nikki was nothing, I have seem worse and wouldn't consider them bridezillas.

As for Archie, how could he accidently text his sister that message? What was up with that? If it was intended for her, there was no accident in her getting it and she should be mad. If it was not intended for her, then why couldn't he just apologize and be done with it. It seems like Marsha does have a good reason to be angry- he caused her even more stress with that one message.

Am I the only one that thinks Season 3 is going to be the absolute worst?

I have to agree, but I tend to hate that I love this show.

Edited by librarygurl, Jun 12, 2006 @ 2:51 PM.