Eureka

• Please log in to reply

4702 replies to this topic

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 6:40 PM

I've found them to usually be a mess, or end up rebooting back to the way things were with nothing substantial changed. Eureka has been unique in my experience in making a sweeping series of changes that aren't taken back and exploring the new possibilities opened up by same. And the show has become much better for it.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Eureka has been unique in my experience in making a sweeping series of changes that aren't taken back and exploring the new possibilities opened up by same. And the show has become much better for it.

It's very rare that a show can refresh itself like Eureka did so late into its run. I thought for sure they were going to just hit the reset button. The show is going pretty strong and I think they have a good 2 seasons left. Oh, wait.

sisterfive

sisterfive

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

Syfy issued a new featurette Eureka: A look back. It has some scenes from the upcoming season mixed in with previous years and interviews with the stars and producer. Really good stuff http://tinyurl.com/7xbndtn

kzoogal

kzoogal

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 6:15 PM

Thanks for the link! it was a nice little video--but sad that they identified Trevor Jackson as "Vincent." Pretty sure it was Kevin, guys.

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

Season 5 premiere description

Spoiler

And episode 2

Spoiler

I smell shenanigans

Edited by caitlin claire, Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:57 PM.

sisterfive

sisterfive

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

iTunes has a massive spoiler post to introduce the featurette I linked to above and also The Ultimate Trailer (which will catch you up on the last four seasons). Don't go there unless you like spoilers. I hope they post The Ultimate Trailer on YouTube but it also has massive spoilers near the end. So be warned.

As for the spoiler things
Spoiler

I honestly don't know if they will be able to pull this off. They may have gone to that well one too many times. Thank goodness the premiere is only a week away. I am really looking forward to the return!

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 4:05 PM

I'm a little suspicious. They've always liked playing with Sci-Fi tropes and with the descriptions of the first two episodes
Spoiler

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

I'm a but wary of the
Spoiler
. That's all I want!

akg

akg

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:26 AM

Allison was on the Finder last week. She turned out to be evil but she looked amazing.

Anabolina

Anabolina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

So in anticipation of the premier of Season 5, im re-watching seasons 1-4 in order with no episodes skipped. There are some episodes that I always skip over while watching, so this will be interesting, I just finished watching he first episode and its interesting to see how some characters have grown and developed.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

in anticipation of the premier of Season 5,

And just as a reminder, the premier is Monday the 16th. So few days!

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:26 AM

Sneak peek!

Gwynevere1

Gwynevere1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

I'm increasingly worried about Zane. He wasn't in the Christmas special. The actor isn't in any of the behind the scenes interviews for next season. The press blurb referred to
Spoiler
consequences. Erica Cerra said that one of the couples had a
Spoiler

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

I was worried too
Spoiler

Anabolina

Anabolina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

And just as a reminder, the premier is
Monday the 16th. So few days!

I know right. What's with this whole work and life thing? all I want to do is stay at home and watch Eureka. I haven't even ended season 1 yet, but have no big plans for this weekend since it's supposed to rain and I hate camping inn the rain.

I wonder how long it will be before we find how why Astraeus was stolen.

ETA: Just finished Once in a Lifetime. I always skip this episode and the first few of Season 2 if only to skip the angst. The whole situation with Kim and the alternate timeline is so sad. You know, we've never discovered who all's dead in this universe, right? I wonder if Kim is alive again?

Edited by Anabolina, Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:43 PM.

Goldmoon

Goldmoon

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

I think Season three went off the rails with the absence of Stark and Taggart. While I did love the first part of s4 with Dr. Old Spice and the reset, I have a wish list for S5. Please find a way to bring back Stark, Taggart, and Old Spice! Kill Holly if you please - she and the actress who plays her is annoying - and let Vincent be the star of one of the episodes. If he is gay, give him a boyfriend. Can Dr. Noel come back this year? Although "Lorne" has done well as Andy, I would like the original actor in the role in the final finale. I don't ask for much, do I?

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

I didn't read under the black bars just in case there are any surprises left, but: don't read the one-line description in the Tivo guide either if you don't want to be spoiled. Damn you Tivo!

catray

catray

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:59 PM

I finally watched The Ultimate Trailer this morning and I am both really excited and really sad to watch tonight's episode. It's the beginning of the end and I'm really going to miss this show.

I haven't read any spoilers than the ones posted here, but I definitely think there is some shenanigans going on. I suspect
Spoiler

In any case, I'm really looking forward to it!! I need work to be over so I can get home and settle in to watch!

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Well, that was fun. Nothing like turning a game-changing trope on its head.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

Thanks to Cheesus Christ for Beverly! I was ready to post my opinion of this episode diplomatically. "This episode sucked big hairy buffalo balls and I am glad this was cancelled!"

I'm so glad the show runners aren't that fucking evil. I swear, my blood pressure shot up during this entire episode. It was just so fucking cruel.

Then I saw Beverly, and all is well with the world. Now they just better not fuck it up.

Well, that was fun. Nothing like turning a game-changing trope on its head.

Now I would agree to that if the first part was meant sarcastically. Seriously, I couldn't believe they were going to go for another time jump, but since they did it before, I totally fell for it this episode.

Edited by mustbekarma, Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:03 PM.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

I knew they weren't going to do another reset. Salli killed her scenes, though.

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

I knew it couldn't be the real Eureka when Andy told Fargo and Holly their families and friends would be waiting to see them. The real Andy would have known they had no family in Eureka. Even discounting "evil" Andy would have had the knowledge of Andy Prime.

Wow, this one tugged the heartstrings. Not just because it is the last season and I know my days with this show are numbered. Even knowing it was not the real Eureka. Mind Control GD is scary. But the personal pain was so difficult to face. However Jo was right, she fell in love while Zane was supposedly missing. There is nothing wrong with that. But poor Alison realizing another woman has raised her daughter. Oh my.

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

I see a second option based on an old ST:TNG episode where someone (Beverly's people?) has the Astraeus and has gotten into the heads of the crew and is showing them the 4 Years Later timeline in order to manipulate them and get info. Meanwhile those left in Eureka are searching for the ship.

Called it!

I can't believe nobody (especially Fargo) made a Skynet reference. Kavan does creepy a little too well.

seashore56

seashore56

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

I love the way this show surprises me! I never saw that ending coming, but it saved this episode for me. I was absolutely hating it until they showed us what was really going on. I'm so glad that what happened tonight isn't Eureka's "real" reality.

kirinan

kirinan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. My husband laughed at me because I was yelling at the screen that this just couldn't be happening! But it was fantastic. They've done it again. Now if they just bring back Dr. Old Spice before this season ends I will be happy, happy, happy.

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

I agree that Jo and Carter did nothing wrong and I'm glad they had her say that. But blech. I thought watching Jack and Kate on Lost kiss was like watching siblings kiss, but nope, it can get worse. Also, while she has no reason to feel guilty, Jo is fully aware that from the crew's point of view it's been hours. She knows from Zane's POV they were making out yesterday. Maybe shelve the 'let's be friends' talk for at least a couple more days?

I kind of figured this was where it was going based off of various spoilers, so I wasn't too upset, but like I said, not liking the Jo/Carter plot even if I know it isn't real, so I'm hoping we don't spend a huge amount of our final season stuck in Bizzaro Eureka.

boonoonoo

boonoonoo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

I woke up this morning torn. I couldn't wait for Eureka to return but I also wanted to prolong it for as long as possible so that it wouldn't end.

Creepy Andy was... creepy. Poor Allison. Damn Beverly! I knew she was behind the whole thing with everything that happened in season 4 and I initially thought that maybe she became the Head of GD (when I thought the reality was real) and it turns out that it's just a dream reality and Beverly's just a evil, evil, evil lady.

I've missed you, show. Never leave me!

msani19

msani19

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

So glad that it's an annoying Beverly plot rather than an infuriating time jump. Carter and Jo? My brain was melting at how wrong that was. I've always loved that they were genuine friends, no hint of romantic feelings. My blood pressure is returning to normal. After the day I had at work, I was so looking forward to my favorite little show, I nearly lost my mind. Woooo.
Ok, I'm still confused though. If they have the Astraeus crew in stasis and are creating a fake reality for them, then we're is the rest of the town? the previews confused me even more. Maybe I'll watch again and see if anything else stands out.
Man, I hope that they had enough notice to wrap up the show well. I can generally live without a tidy wrap up for canceled shows but for this one, I just really need it.
Love the cast so much though, yeah it's back!!

seashore56

seashore56

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

I agree that Jo and Carter did nothing wrong and I'm glad they had her say that. But blech. I thought watching Jack and Kate on Lost kiss was like watching siblings kiss, but nope, it can get worse. Also, while she has no reason to feel guilty, Jo is fully aware that from the crew's point of view it's been hours. She knows from Zane's POV they were making out yesterday. Maybe shelve the 'let's be friends' talk for at least a couple more days?

Couldn't agree more with you, caitlin claire. I've always gotten a sibling vibe from Jo and Carter, and seeing them together romantically is really squicky to me. ::shudder::

not liking the Jo/Carter plot even if I know it isn't real, so I'm hoping we don't spend a huge amount of our final season stuck in Bizzaro Eureka.

Bizzaro Eureka is a good name for it. I'm not the biggest Beverly fan, but I'll take her machinations over this being another genuine reset any day.

So glad that it's an annoying Beverly plot rather than an infuriating time jump. Carter and Jo? My brain was melting at how wrong that was. I've always loved that they were genuine friends, no hint of romantic feelings. My blood pressure is returning to normal. After the day I had at work, I was so looking forward to my favorite little show, I nearly lost my mind. Woooo.

Carter and Jo's platonic friendship has always been one of my favorite things on Eureka, too. Not every male/female relationship has to be romantic. I'll take annoying Beverly over infuriating new timeline any day if it means Carter and Jo aren't really a couple now.

John Fiala

John Fiala

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

Ah, that was a fun episode.
Spoiler

Glad to have you back, Eureka!