The Grey's Anatomy Corrupt A Wish Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

319 replies to this topic

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Jun 7, 2006 @ 7:56 AM

I've shamelessly stolen this from the Veronica Mars thread...which was stolen from the House thread!

This is another simple game: Someone makes a wish such as, "I wish I could watch every single episode of GA right now." And someone else corrupts this wish. "Granted, but afterwards, your brain will have turned into a puddle of mush" Or "I wish Cristina had been more supportive of Burke after he was shot" and someone replies, "Granted! But she soon discovers that she'd rather take care of him than pursue her own career, so the once ultra-ambitious Cristina drops out of the Seattle Grace program and is never seen on camera again..." etc.
Then who ever 'granted' the wish makes a new wish, and so on. It's basically the perfect game for snarky TWoPers and reminds us that we really should be careful what we wish for ;)

I'll start: I wish Addison and Meredith both realized they were too good for Derek and never spoke to him again

CatParade

CatParade

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2006 @ 2:01 PM

Granted! But Addy and Mere get into a massive catfight over Mark, causing brain injuries, which of course, can only be fixed by Derek, who has left SGH to go fly fishing. Addy and Mere die.

I wish Finn would fall in love with someone else and get the heck off my screen.

Minerva Moon

Minerva Moon

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2006 @ 3:47 PM

Granted! But we then have to put up with mopey!Meredith again, this time for all of S3, except this time she's depressed because Finn had plaaaaans and now he dummmmmped herrrr!

I wish Meredith never takes back McAsshole, finds a new man, and gets on with her life.

Morgen

Morgen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2006 @ 4:43 PM

Granted! But the man Meredith moves on with is Finn, which dooms the show to bland and boring love scenes and endless contrived medical cases at SGH that require a vet's skills in order to give Finn enough screen time.

I wish that Derek would get his act together and divorce Addison STAT!

bigbang98

bigbang98

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2006 @ 4:46 PM

Granted! But then Addison, as a ranking superior, makes Mere's internship hell for sleeping with her husband and causing the divorce.

I wish the interns would grow the hell up and act like professional doctors again.

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Jun 7, 2006 @ 8:24 PM

Granted! But then they---and the show---becomes so dull that it's canceled and we never get another GA episode again. *sniff*

I wish George never felt an ounce of self-pity ever again.

alicesun

alicesun

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2006 @ 9:45 PM

Granted! But then Alex would have no one to tease and would have to resort to being nice all. the. time.

I wish Addison and Alex would hook up.

Edited by alicesun, Jun 7, 2006 @ 9:54 PM.

everblue3

everblue3

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2006 @ 10:03 PM

Granted! But then Alex gives Addison the syph, which (when combined with more poison oak because she eventually has to pee again) causes her to go insane. She takes Petey's initiative and shoots up the whole hospital.

I wish Finn would have more of a backbone and call Meredith on her skittishness.

Morgen

Morgen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2006 @ 10:48 PM

Granted! However Finn grows a backbone and the courage to confront Mere by stealing George's newly aquired spine, causing George to revert back into a whiney, whimpering blob who is once again in love with Meredith.

I wish George would confront Callie and get a real reason as to why she is living in the basement.

JainaMac

JainaMac

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2006 @ 2:15 AM

Granted! Except when George confronts her Callie goes twelve kinds of crazy and screams about how he doesn't trust her. Then, being an ortho doc, she breaks every single bone in his body...twice.

I wish George would get a new haircut and stop whining.

alicesun

alicesun

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2006 @ 3:47 AM

Granted! Except George takes Derek's hair. Now that McD is an unattractive jackass, no one wants him anymore and he becomes whiney and pathetic like George.

I wish Meredith would get some therapy.

musicalhussy

musicalhussy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2006 @ 4:09 PM

Granted! But when Meredith gets therapy she discovers that she needs to find a stable man and attempts to steal Burke from Cristina, inciting a new drama spiral.

I wish that Denny was still alive.

JennRN

JennRN

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2006 @ 7:12 PM

Granted! But during Izzie and Denny's wedding ceremony, when the officiant gives the "Should anyone object to this union..." line, a string of young, professional-looking women in lab coats emerge from the gathered crowd, all alleging that Denny posed as a patient, seduced them, and swindled their fortunes.

I wish that Meredith would give birth to McDreamy's love child.

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Jun 8, 2006 @ 8:08 PM

Granted! But during Izzie and Denny's wedding ceremony, when the officiant gives the "Should anyone object to this union..." line, a string of young, professional-looking women in lab coats emerge from the gathered crowd, all alleging that Denny posed as a patient, seduced them, and swindled their fortunes.

Hee---this is so awesome!

I wish that Meredith would give birth to McDreamy's love child.

Granted! But the child turns out to have the very worst possible traits of both characters, and ends up a perpetually mopey, adulterous lush. And we have to watch every minute of it on the inevitable GA spin-off: The New Generation.

flux

flux

Posted Jun 8, 2006 @ 8:23 PM

Did you forget to make a wish marlaas?

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Jun 8, 2006 @ 8:43 PM

Sorry! I wish McDreamy actually had a shred of personality and character development.

jennythen

jennythen

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2006 @ 9:31 PM

Sorry! I wish McDreamy actually had a shred of personality and character development.

I happen to disagree, but fine, granted. But then he and Mer end up happily ever after so we never meet Addison.

I wish George had never loved Meredith.

CatParade

CatParade

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:28 AM

I wish George had never loved Meredith.

Granted! But instead of Meredith he fell in love with McDreamy and added another point to our polygon of love.

I wish Derek would propose to Meredith.

everblue3

everblue3

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 2:35 PM

Granted! But Derek would be so overwhelmed by his feelings for Meredith that, while mid-speech about his love for her, Meredith would remind Derek that he's still technically married to Addison, and situations like that are the purview of another show.

I wish that Richard had been honest with Meredith about his relationship with Ellis from the beginning.

JainaMac

JainaMac

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 4:39 PM

Granted! But Meredith being so shocked and depressed by this sudden revelation starts to drink more tequila than usual, and the Chief feeling so guilty that he revealed this to her promptly falls off the wagon and joins her. They lose their medical licences as they drown their sorrows in multiple bottles and leave the hospital, and the show, in a serious lurch.

I wish that George would dump Callie for Olivia.

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 4:42 PM

Granted! But Olivia realizes soon afterwards that she's not too happy with George now that she actually has him and dumps him. By this time, Callie has moved on as well and wants no part of him. He spends the rest of the series more mopey, self-pitying and whiney than ever before.

I wish Addison and Meredith would inform McDreamy that they're no longer the least bit interested in him and end up close friends who are both happily committed to other men.

CellularLola

CellularLola

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 6:32 PM

Granted! But McDreamy, incapable of being alone, moves on with Izzie, who has returned to the hospital as a candy striper. Subsequently, in a freak fly fishing accident, both his kidneys are damaged. Izzie concocts a plan to obtain a kidney for transplant by forceably removing McDreamy from dialysis. When McDreamy realizes what's she's doing, we are treated to another scene in which Izzie screams, "I'll never forgive you for making me love you!"

I wish that Alex would move into the House of Grey, with Izzie, George, Callie, Meredith, and whoever else will be flopping there next season.

flux

flux

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:56 PM

Granted! But there's only one bathroom and Alex might start peeing in the sink, passing on whatever virus, germs, bacteria and veneral disease he might have to everyone. The others mistakenly thought they had the flu and didn't seek medical attention until it was too late. Alex became the only intern left in the surgical program and the show was renamed - Karev's Kinky On-Call Room Sleepovers.

I wish Meredith would punch Chief out for ruining her family and Adele would leave his ass.

Edited by flux, Jun 11, 2006 @ 11:58 PM.

Alden

Alden

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 2:48 PM

Granted! But Meredith is kicked out of the medical program and the show is cancelled.

I wish Addison would divorce Derek, and Burke would break up with Xtina, and they would hook up.

JennRN

JennRN

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 6:40 PM

Granted! But, in the wake of the Burkison coupling, Derek and Christina hook up. Derkstina become a self-serving, narcissistic, evil force that spirals out of control, leaving Seattle and the western half of the US in serious danger. President Logan...I mean, Bush decides that the best way to handle the threat is to "take them out". Soon, Derek and Christina are no longer.

I wish that Derek would get with Meredith and move into the House of Grey.

flux

flux

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 8:40 PM

Granted! But Shonda & Co wouldn't know what else to write about and they'll start bringing on more guess stars, making them series regulars, causing major conflict between the original cast members. One by one, they all start to leave and out beloved GA will descend down the path of ER.

I wish Alex would wake up and see the real Izzie, then kick her to the curb.

Lyssanick

Lyssanick

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 11:37 PM

Granted! But once she's on the curb she'll become a hooker and spread Alex's STDs(assuming they've reslept together) to the entire SGH population, and everyone doesn't want to have sex anymore and the show becomes boring.

I wish Meredith and Mark became the new "destiny" couple.

Alden

Alden

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 3:07 PM

Granted! But Derek sees that Mark has stolen TWO of his women and kills him.

I wish Finn and Alex would hook up, just to see the reaction of the rest of the characters.

Minerva Moon

Minerva Moon

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 7:27 PM

Granted! But Meredith's reaction is suicide, and thus the show is cancelled. But never fear--the spin-off 'Stevens's Anatomy' will come in the fall!

I wish Finn and Addison, in light of the MerDer sex of doom, would hook up and become the most stable couple on the whole show.

Morgen

Morgen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 7:30 PM

Granted! But then Mark returns to SGH, and, finding Addison unavaliable, sets his sights on Mer. The love triangle is reinstated as Derek-Mer-Mark, leading to so much endless angst, denial, betrayal and jealousy that GA is rescheduled as a daytime soap.

I wish that Derek would apologize to Mer for being an asshat, and finally tell her just how much he loves her.