When Windfall Blows: The Bitterness Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

73 replies to this topic

pookie99

pookie99

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 23, 2006 @ 9:08 AM

Where to start?

- Can't get over all of the fuzzy math that is being used here; it's like someone decided on a number ($386 million) and the rest of the writers are using estimates in the subsequent shows;

- I get the feeling that there was one writer assigned to each storyline (say 6, for example) and was responsible for a single storyline for one script - then, the next script, they shifted to the next storyline and didn't inform the writer who was taking over for their original storyline of any details...kind of like musical chairs, except without music and, er, without chairs;

- Still can't stand Jason Gedrick's smirk;

- How much time has actually passed? Doesn't it actually take a while before people get their money before they really go hog wild? It seems like only 2 or 3 weeks have passed and they are all crazed with moola-fever, like they've already spent most of the money;

- I also sense that the writers have NEVER lived a day in reality - the stilted dialogue, the poor math skills, the illogical behavior of the characters, the lack of continuity - it seems to be a kind of juvenile view of what people are like and comes from people without any experience about real people.

Geez - bitter, bitter, bitter...

Edited by pookie99, Jun 23, 2006 @ 9:11 AM.

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2006 @ 2:32 PM

I'm done with this show. Totally done. I lost it when they decided to give Sunny a mil a piece. What a bunch of pussies. Seriously. Especially Kimberly. Some chick is trying to cheat you and you cry about it? Man up.

1. How come of all the people there, she only has ONE witness?
2. And the witness just happens to be her BFF?
3. She didn't sign her name on the sheet like everyone else except for Damien. She has hosted parties and she has attended parties so how come this time her name isn't on the list? SHE KNOWS THE RULES.
4. Why is Kimberly's name and phone number on the dollar?
5. Why would it be in Nina's pocket?

There is no way in hell they would give given 30% a piece to each lawyer or 30% of the total they got to the lawyers. Lawyers charge alot but that amount of money, no judge would allow them to charge that.

Man, Sunny's body would've wound up in a ditch someone. I'm just saying a hitman would've been a whole lot cheaper. On principle she should've at least got bitch slapped. Lazy ass writing.

ETA: B/c punctuation and spelling is important. And I had one point thing to point out.

Now AOAS Peter is questioning Kimberly when he and didn't say shit in the beginning. Like how do we know it's her dollar? Jerk.

Edited by nicepebbles, Jun 23, 2006 @ 2:36 PM.

lknaroundtx

lknaroundtx

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 3:59 AM

My roommate has developed a fondness for this show and so, unfortunately, I have been subjected to far more of it than I would have liked. This is crap. The acting is crap, the story line is crap. All of it is crap. I'm sorry, but I doubt seriously they would have all claimed the cash without the help of lawyers. Actually, hello isn't one of them a lawyer? You'd think they would all be talking to her about this Sunny chick. No one would give that woman a cent in the courts. She has no proof what-so-ever that she deserves it. Her witness gets trumped by 20 people who were all there and DIDN'T see her. Kimberley's name is written on the dollar bill that Nina discovers. Nina was also the one who told her what to do. Nina is Kimberley's witness. Two people with two witnesses means that if anyone else at the party can say for certain that one of them was there then the other one is crap out of luck.

sleestack

sleestack

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 30, 2006 @ 12:15 PM

Embarrassingly, I was really looking forward to last night's episode, but it couldn't hold my interest in more than 30-second bursts.

--Yet again, another widely-publicized meeting at Peter's house. If you're so concerned about security, maybe you shouldn't invite the press to every meeting of the town's newly-minted-millionaires club.

--are we supposed to suspect Tally in Zoe's disappearance, or is the actress playing her just that bad? All those weird facial tics/reaction shots in the "interrogating Justin" scene threw me off.

--Frankie still bugs.

--I miss Money Suit Guy.

Tajeznah

Tajeznah

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 30, 2006 @ 1:32 PM

I'm sad to say that I am done with this show - last night was the last straw. I thought the show would focus each week's episode primarily on one winner with spots of the others yet they're focusing on the most boring, non-charismatic people.

I don't care about the two lead couples nor do I care any longer about where Zoe is or what happened to her.

I'm very disappointed that one of my favorite actresses, Malinda Williams (the pizza delivery person) has been relegated to such an extreme back-burner, whiney goody-two shoes role when she was so excellent and memorable in the Soul Food series.

Unfortunately what could have been a fun & entertaining series is trying entirely too hard to "reel us in" as viewers with these boring uninteresting storylines using actors who if given a choice, I'd rather watch paint dry than them "act" on this show.

MissJudy

MissJudy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 7, 2006 @ 11:47 AM

I so VERY much wanted to like this show. It had all the hallmarks of being a destination drama for me on Thursday nights. (And Luke Perry. I know! I hang my head in shame.) Alas, almost all the characters are totally contrived, as are most of the plot lines. (SO bored with whether Damien is going to "love" the Russian Bride or the Innocent Girl. Um, make a decisions, please.) And if I see Cameron's slightly froggish face one more time, I may have to stab my eyes out with a blunt object. I guess this means that BBC America gets my eyes, mind and heart for this time slot with "Hex!"

GraydonCarter

GraydonCarter

Fanatic

• Interests:The West Wing<br />[Adult Swim]<br />hiking

Posted Jul 11, 2006 @ 1:27 PM

GF: This show is like....
Me: Crack?
GF: Well, yes, but I was going to say, a soap opera.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2006 @ 8:51 PM

I can hardly believe it, but even I'm giving up. I still love Jason Gedrick, and will watch for the actress who plays Frankie to turn up elsewhere, but... I'm done. I've cancelled my TiFaux "Record Series" setup and I don't care anymore.

I wanted to love this show, then I just thought I might enjoy it, but... no. It's badly written and no amount of wishing can make it palatable to me.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2006 @ 8:51 PM

I can hardly believe it, but even I'm giving up. I still love Jason Gedrick, and will watch for the actress who plays Frankie to turn up elsewhere, but... I'm done. I've cancelled my TiFaux "Record Series" setup and I don't care anymore.

I wanted to love this show, then I just thought I might enjoy it, but... no. It's badly written and no amount of wishing can make it palatable to me.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2006 @ 8:49 PM

Ionadryer

Ionadryer

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 5:54 AM

Wow a triple play by TudorQueen! She is really not impressed with this show!

GraydonCarter

GraydonCarter

Fanatic

• Interests:The West Wing<br />[Adult Swim]<br />hiking

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 12:57 PM

"Before a cock crows, you will deny Me three times."

jodiebelle

jodiebelle

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 11:49 PM

I forgot to record last weeks show. But for some reason, I don't think that may be a bad thing. The logic on this show is mindboggling. The stupidity of the characters is mindboggling. The crapiness of the writing is mindboggling.

- Who cares about the two already married people conducting their weird "emotional" affair? Yawn.

- Am I the only one half hoping that Galina takes all of Damien's money and hot foots it back to Russia or living the high life in California? He would so deserve it. He does not know how to handle money. If you can't wait 10 months (until he reaches 18) for a fortune, you don't deserve it.

- Sunny had no real proof she put in the missing dollar. They should not have caved. Remember when she threatened to reveal the secrets of the winners and that it would get "ugly"? They should have just let her try; it would only prove how truly petty she is, and give her no leverage. Idiots.

- Can't anybody wait just a moment before spending all that cash? Can't they even pause to think about it?

Sigh ... not even one character (besides Kimberly, who needs a little bit more interesting about her -- and we see little enough of her) to care about.

sharona

sharona

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 5:29 PM

It is horrible and yet...and yet...I cannot stop watching it. Of interest to me though is the fact that my DVR refuses to create a series recording of it, try as I might to set one up!