12-1: 2006.05.29

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

195 replies to this topic

sarcasmdetected

sarcasmdetected

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 9:41 PM

I missed the Austin season, so what's the deal with Danny and the whole Ben Affleck thing? Any insight would be much appreciated :)

alliebear

alliebear

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 9:43 PM

During the Austin reunion, one of the roommates called out Danny for changing and thinking he was some kind of celebrity now. He said Danny was walking around like he was Ben Affleck or something. I think because they're both from Boston, that's why the comparison was made, only Danny's no movie star. But he has the ego, according to his former roommates. Melinda and Wes were really the only people to stick up for Danny.

Cee

Cee

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 9:49 PM

I dunno.....once you're past a certain age, I think it's a cop out to label someone a bully. Adults who allow themselves to be intimidated, or scared, by another adult's words have a huge problem within themselves. And everyone in this Fresh Meat cast are all adults, right?

This assumes adults are all wonderfully evolved human beings who hold hands and sing Kum Ba Ya everyday, which we know is not the case. In any group (much less a group stocked with such dysfunctional superannuated high schoolers as this show), there is always an outsider. Or maybe someone doesn't like the same kind of aggressive trash-talking Coral and Tina do. Why is it someone else's burden to make them treat them decently? We all have people we don't care for--my remedy is to avoid their company. When Coral and Tina don't like someone, not only do they try to bully them verbally, they try to get everyone else on their side as well. They pile it on. Don't like someone? Walk the other way. Act like an adult. Don't be loud and nasty.

Ugh. They're both just so LOUD. People that try too hard to be noticed make me shudder.

sarcasmdetected

sarcasmdetected

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 10:11 PM

Thanks alliebear! Danny does kind of seem like a douche. Maybe Mark should have given him the bandana instead of Derrick.

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 9:36 AM

For some reason I don't think they'll invite him, I mean, who really cares that much for Danny?

The drama!

ETA: Now I understand the Ben Afflack joke.

Edited by Gharlane, Jun 13, 2006 @ 9:37 AM.

lasu

lasu

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 10:44 AM

Cee, I agree.

Adults who allow themselves to be intimidated, or scared, by another adult's words have a huge problem within themselves. And everyone in this Fresh Meat cast are all adults, right?

But what about adults who intimidate or scare? Don't they have a huge problem within themselves? It's like you're giving them a pass. In one regard, you're right, I personally would NEVER put up with this crap, but just because some people do, it doesn't make it ok that Coral and Tina behave this way. They're also adults and are solely responsible for their behavior.

painless

painless

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 9:49 AM

Ev has a new blog on episode 1.

She went back to sucking. She is losing her fire against the Austin cast, and that was really all she had going EVER. She thinks she has fans, but I think most of those people just hate Danny and don't care about her.

Blanky

Blanky

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 10:53 AM

What a moron! She gave up a spot on an NCAA Division I athletic team? A team that's in championship contention almost anually? I watched the women's softball College World Series just a few weeks ago. Hmmm...national championship or a reality show?

Fool. Even if she were playing for the $$$ to overcome some hardship (which I doubt), wait til you're a graduate. Ask if BMP can cast you in a few seasons. Fool.

I officially revoke any props I gave EV after reading her first blog.

lunch

lunch

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 8:55 PM

From Ev's MySpace:

For now my plans for the future do not include a return to the challenge. [...] The only way I can see myself going back is if the money turns into too great an incentive.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Call me crazy but I just don't think BMP will be banging repentantly on Ev's door anytime soon. She was on two episodes of one challenge. I just can't think they're hurting that badly for fresh meat that they'd even ask.

Sonicmat

Sonicmat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 4:15 AM

lasu, I've gotta agree with you on your opinion about adults that bully. It's odd, because while adults are critical of kids who bully other kids, there seems to be a tolerance, and even an unwarranted respect, for adults who bully (anyone heard of a guy named Bill O'Reilly?).

michaeldh8

michaeldh8

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 4:21 AM

I just can't think they're hurting that badly for fresh meat that they'd even ask.

Ev was scheduled to be on the challenge that completes filming in Rio next week but was replaced by Casey when she was diagnosed/misdiagnosed with mono.

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

• Interests:Snark, snark, and more snark....what else were you expecting?!?

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 1:30 AM

Ev has a new blog on episode 1.

Ev, I am gonna say it like ANTM's Danielle told Brooke.

When you go off on somebody, you don't defeat the purpose by going back on what you said...stick with your guns. It made you seem a lot cooler.

lunch

lunch

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 9:49 AM

Wow, thanks for that, michaeldh8. I am agape.

lasu

lasu

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 11:06 AM

I have never understood how these people decide that they didn't deserve to go home, and then say that if it was just a different competition where the best person with a heart of gold won, then she would have certainly been the winner. Whatever. It's not your game, you don't get to make the rules. You deserved to go home because you lost, that's it. It's really quite simple.

Katylalala

Katylalala

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 12:55 PM

I completely agree with you, lasu. On the first episode when Ev said something about how it wasn't "fair" that she and Danny were going home and they got "screwed", it pissed me off. No, honey, you didn't get screwed. You just didn't play the game well. I don't care if you're the best athlete or most successful at solving the puzzles - if you go into the Exile and lose, it's your own fault. Yeah, the Austin cast had a target on their backs but again, it's part of the game. None of those famewhores "deserves" to be there any more than the rest of them.

ubi quitous

ubi quitous

Posted Jun 24, 2006 @ 1:25 PM

I did not notice this before, but why do they blindfold the participants in The Exile? Are TPTB scared that people are going to try to sneak out to the course or something? Sheesh!