I feel like DH is exactly as its always been, which is simultaneously its greatest asset and worst detriment. The individual scenes are exquisite; the overall plot is a Möbius strip. And it depresses the hell out of me that a show that was blessed with predetermined knowledge of the length f the run is void of denouement. The plot is oblivious of the show's lifespan; I'd rather see a satisfying conclusion to our time together than have to view the show as just a brief clip taken from the lives of these women.
A great example is in found in what I think was the best scene of this season - where Bree contemplates killing herself in the hotel. Excellent acting, great writing, chilling when Mary Alice shows up. But then you remember how Bree got there - her friends reject her because she covered up Carlos' murder - and it really degrades the entire scene. We can see why Bree would want to kill herself, but the lead-up to her contemplating it makes no sense.
Even in the best episode of the series, bar none - Bang - an extremely irritating character (essentially a plot device) is killed by a character who is plopped in at random.
Well, this episode typified everything that I have come to fucking LOATHE about this series. Completely lazy, nonsensical plotting. Let's recap:
1. MJ smashing the car. Susan should have smacked him and told him to grow the fuck up. What a little shit. Yes, he lost his dad, but that doesn't give him an excuse to treat Susan like shit, especially after she put 2 days into that wagon. On another note, how exactly did Susan design those decals?
2. Lynette being stuck in a shit storyline again. The best thing they could have done for her was to have her MOVE ON. But now we're in the 10th iteration of her trying to come between Tom and Jane. Ugh. And no, Lynette, Tom leaving you is NOT the same as Mike dying.
3. Tom. So he has to work late every night, right? Funny how he magically has time to be in two places at once, with him helping with MJ's car and all.
4. Gabby and Carlos. So Carlos, you quit your well paying job to work at a crisis center (admirable, if non-nonsensical), and Gabby is now the breadwinner. Of course it makes total sense for you to steal away Gabby's wealthy customers, the same ones who are helping to provide for your CHILDREN. And Gabby, if things are so desperate, wherever did you get the money to deck Carlos' office out like that? And as for their "shark" talk at the end, didn't they do this exact same plot line a few seasons back after Carlos got out of jail?
5. Bree - what a dramatic turn around in just a few episodes! Now you're ashamed of sleeping around after being so proud of it a few episodes back? And why the FUCK are the writers pushing this Bree-lawyer relationship angle with just TWO episodes left? Because they had nothing else for Bree to do this episode?
6. The ladies gather for tea: it just infuriates me how much cognitive dissonance there is between Gabby and Bree, especially with Gabby's nonchalant comment about how Bree is one trial for murder. Yes, she is, because she was helping YOU, you selfish bitch. Show a little compassion, you vapid POS.
7. Ben. Please keep wearing those tight pants. They were the highlight of this episode! When you were leaning over that table showing your wonderful ass in that car scene with MJ, well, I rewound that a few times. Don't care for your face (or your acting, or your storyline), but you've got one great ass!
Only 2 episodes until we're released from this shitfest, folks!