Desperate Housewives: A Trip Down Memory Lane

• Please log in to reply

1964 replies to this topic

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 1:51 AM

Hi everyone, I thought I would start an all-season discussion now that we have two seasons under our belts now. Bring the season-by-season comparisons, season 1 nostalgia or any other such big picture analysis here.

My Analysis of Season Two

Episodes I liked in bold

Next
You Could Drive A Person Crazy
You'll Never Get Away From Me
My Heart Belongs To Daddy
They Ask Me Why I Belive In You
I Wish I Could Forget You
Color and Light
The Sun Won't Set
That's Good, That's Bad
Coming Home
One More Kiss

We're Gonna Be All Right
There's Something About a War
Silly People
Thank You So Much
There Is No Other Way
Could I Leave You
Everybody Says Don't
Don't Look At Me
It Wasn't Meant To Happen
I Know Things Now
No One Is Alone

Remember

Good Episodes: 12

Bad Episodes: 11

When was the turning point of the season?

That's Good, That's Bad. It accomplished three things, it got rid of Bossy Boobs, George and introduced Sister Mary Hotpants. Plus it got Carlos out of jail, which was a dead-end story wise.

Worst moment of the season?

Tie between every single Applewhite scene in the season and Lynette eating bacon. Lynette eating bacon just confirmed that the writers just had no ideas. Eating bacon was something that happens in a second rate sitcom. The Applewhites storyline was a faliure by just any measure. A symbol of what went wrong in season 2.

Best moment of the season?

Bree abandoning Andrew at the gas station. A great payoff to a sometimes grating storyline. Both actors absolutley nailed it on the dramatic scene.

Best episode?

I Know Things Now

Worst Episode?

Gabby's storyline: Gabby's SL was the best of season 2. After a slow start with Carlos in prison and Lawyer Bradley, it looked dead in the water. Then it rebounded with a vengeance with the entertaining Sister Mary Hotpants and Gabby rivalry. Then it blossomed with the Gabby looks to adopt a baby storyline, drama with Gabby's mom and the adorable Xiao Mei thrown in the mix.

Bree's storyline: Bree predictably suffered from the aftermath of Rex's death. Both the character and the storyline. George's continued obsession proved to be annoying and George dying was a welcome relief. While she had her moments overall the continued suffering of the character was not very fun to watch.

Susan's storyline: Susan's SL was the most erratic of all. It went from the Mike drama over Zana, her book agent, Karl, her father, Dr. Ron and the wandering spleen and Edie. Overall the two character who Susan played off the most Edie and Julie were not 100% utilized. (Edie only at the latter stage of the season)

Lynette's storyline: Lynette's SL was the least overturned from season 1. Her SL was much more pleasant without the chaotic Scavo spawn. However the heart of Lynette's SL from season 1, the POV of the stay-at-home mom was abandoned in the process. Very rarely was Lynette given something larger than a story-of-the-week format.

Who was the MVH? (Most Valuable Housewife?)

Gabrielle Solis. (I thought hers was the most consistently entertaining overall)

Who was the best secondary character?

Karl Mayer (I really liked how his character was fleshed out and Richard Burgi is hilarious)

Most improved character?

Carlos Solis (Well adultery aside I thought his character made a giant leap from his one-dimensional grumpy season 1 self)

Best new character?

Xiao Mei (I'm sorry, but I just find her adorable)

Worst new character?

The Applewhites (Let's just never speak of them again) Dr. Ron as a very close runner-up.

Edited by jayseyfield, May 22, 2006 @ 4:50 AM.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 2:06 AM

Analyzing episode by episode would make my brain hurt too much, but I will say that "One More Kiss" was my favorite episode, because the Lynette/Carlos flirting was SO out of left field, andithadryancarneswithhisshirtoff. What? Yes, the Lynette/Carlos thing was just gold and the only thing that really stands out to me ohmygodryancarnesissohot.

I really want to say Susan out of favoritism, but I'm gonna have to go with Bree. As upsetting as her storylines were, hers were the only ones that consistently had me interested.

Who was the best secondary character?

I'm gonna have to also say Karl Mayer. He was the kind of character that, when you saw him on the screen, you KNEW something was gonna go down.

Most improved character?

I loved the evolution of Carlos, but I'm gonna have to go with Danielle van de Kamp, simply because we saw so much more of her this season. Yes, she's a spoiled brat, but she also has real reasons behind her pain (dead father, drunk mom that forgot her birthday).

Best new character?

The "Because he's cute" award goes to Dr. Ron, but my real answer is Xiao Mei, since she ended up being such a catalyst.

Worst new character?

Ed Ferrara, who was just annoying and never made me laugh, although I do love that he and his wife were named after a former wrestling writer and his wife.

Edited by JakeyIsSusan, May 22, 2006 @ 2:07 AM.

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 2:10 AM

Best Episode: It Wasn't Meant To Happen

Best Storyline: I loved Sister Hotpants.

Best Story Arc: Karl's Relationship With Edie. It was fun throughout. The only time it failed to work on me was the Church choir thingy storyline.

Best Lead Character: Gabby. Consistently entertaining (and heartbreaking too). I'd give Eva the Emmy.

Best New Character: Xiao Mei. So adorable, but she has a definite meanstreak.

Most Improved Character: Karl. I think Karl really made his mark when he and Bree got a storyline together. I think he cemented his status on the show, in a way not even Mike has. Karl has an "in" with 3 of the 5 Housewives (Susan, Bree, Edie). I can see Lynette asking Karl for legal advice next season re: that evil wench.

Best one-episode storyline: Gabby kisses Tom. Just for the cast interaction alone, but it was fun all-around.

Best Scene: Tom and Lynette in bed, where Tom think he's such a stud.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 2:14 AM

Best Scene: Tom and Lynette in bed, where Tom think he's such a stud.

HA! I still remember Lynette's incredulous "Are you drunk"?

Best Scene for me: The Bree/Andrew/Bree's Dad/Carol Burnett face-off at the dinner table. The writers seemed to really have fun with how ludicrous the whole show can sound on paper ("He ran over our neighbor's mother ... she's DEAD!" "He accused me of molestation! In a MALL!") and all the actors brought their A games.

Best Storyline: The Karl/Edie/Susan love triangle just rocked.

Meaghan Edwards

Meaghan Edwards

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 2:19 AM

Best Episode: Thank You So Much

Best Storyline: Gabby's

Best Story Arc: Gabby and

Best Lead Character: Gabrielle.

Best New Character: Sister Mary. I miss her.

Most Improved Character: Carlos. There was that cheating business but I loved how much they've fleshed out his character. Ricardo's improved a lot with him as well.

Best one-episode storyline: Gabby and her trouble with her mother. Very intense stuff there.

Best Scene: The scene in which Carlos came back from the hotel and that long kiss he gave her, the scene in which Tom was talking about being unhappy . . . The list goes on and on.

Worst new character? Hmm . . . Ed. He didn't do anything for me.

Best Couple: Definately Gablos.

Edited by Meaghan Edwards, May 22, 2006 @ 2:36 AM.

deadpill

deadpill

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 2:34 AM

Best Episode: "I Know Things Now" was my absolutely favorite episode in this season, and is probably in my top 3 for favorite episodes overall.

Best Storyline: Bree's tumultuous relationship with her children.

Best Story Arc: Edie vs. Susan never gets old. Always entertaining.

Best Lead Character: Bree, Bree, Bree.

Best New Character: The nun. She was fiesty.

Most Improved Character: Karl! He was great throughout the whole season. And, Lynette looks have improved the most. That short hair cut is smoking!

Best one-episode storyline: I liked the filler, episodic nature of Lynette's work storylines. They were pretty funny, and I liked her bitchy antics.

Best Scene: When Bree leaves Andrew up in the mountains, and when Karl dumps the box of pots onto Mike. Hee.

Best Couple: Gablos! <3

Introversion

Introversion

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 2:50 AM

ignore!

Edited by Introversion, Jan 13, 2009 @ 10:26 PM.

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 3:01 AM

I just watched the season 1 DVD so some random observations.

-Eva looks so much better now than in season 1. I think her hair looked way to straight then and her face just looks better in season 2.

-Andrea Bowen looked so young back then, I had competley forgotten. She's had quite the growth spurt since then.

-I forgot how unlikeable Rex was. I mean he had some great chemistry with Bree but he was just so difficult.

-I do miss Martha, she added so much character to the Lane.

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 3:18 AM

From the looks of this thread, it's generally agreed that the show did improve over the second half of the season. And I think that's true for all 4 Housewives. The turning points for each character:

Susan: Sleeping with Karl made her interesting again. It intensified her relationship with Edie, we got insight into Karl and Susan's relationship, Julie got something to do, and Mike and Karl got to beat each other up in a hot way.

Bree: Buh-bye George, hello evil kids! Bree's storylines were still extremely inconsistent, but at least she stopped being so stupid.

Gabby: Her losing the baby. It got Eva to do something besides make blithe one-liners. And it gave her arc a focal point--her wanting to have a baby.

Lynette: The new haircut? Nah, when Tom worked alongside her. Lynette is best when Tom is around, it gave them a chance to air out some of their (many) issues.

deadpill

deadpill

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 3:24 AM

Bree: Buh-bye George, hello evil kids! Bree's storylines were still extremely inconsistent, but at least she stopped being so stupid.

Damn, I forgot how stupid Bree was in the first several episodes. That was way annoying.

EmilyAC

EmilyAC

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 3:40 AM

For me, Season 2 was all about Gabrielle. I wanted to see more of Gabrielle and Carlos' relationship and marital dramas, from the tragic to the ridiculous, which is saying a lot because in Season 1 I wanted her to leave him. I'm a little disappointed by the Xiao Mei storyline, but I have no doubt that Gabby and Carlos will continue bringing the funny in the way that only they can.

And I could not care less about Susan's storyline. Except that I think Karl is a thousand times more interesting than Mike or Dr Ron.

DB in London

DB in London

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 4:44 AM

Best moment: Bree's breakdown in the elevator when she learned that George killed Rex. I really hope she can get an emmy this year, if only for that one scene.

okiedohkiepokie

okiedohkiepokie

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 9:30 AM

Next

They Ask Me Why I Belive In You
Color and Light
The Sun Won't Set
That's Good, That's Bad
Coming Home
One More Kiss
We're Gonna Be All Right

Silly People
Thank You So Much
There Is No Other Way
Could I Leave You
Everybody Says Don't
Don't Look At Me
I Know Things Now
No One Is Alone
Remember

Good eps: 18 (or 19, if you count the finale as two.)

This season, overall, for myself, was just as enjoyable as season one. Season One wasn't television perfection for me, and neither was this. However, both years it has been consistent with one thing for me: being satisfying. I am not looking for the best show ever created, ever. But this show is one of my favorites.

Favorite SLs: Bree and Gabby.
Not So Favorite: Lynette at work, and Susan didn't have one.

Turning Point for the Season: After George died, the show got much better. I liked the premiere alot, it set up so much, especially with the Applewhites, it is a shame it was never followed through.

Applewhites: Going to miss them, but they were the season two weakness.

My problem is that the housewives for the first half of the season acted like they were not friends, they were barely together in the first couple of episodes. But in rewatching over half the season on my iPod during some of the worst college classes I have ever taken, I realized that this show, even with all it's faults, is still better than almost anything else on television. And I am excited to see all the promise for season three. It seems like they were too confident going in to season two, and now they have the fear of McPherson on their minds. Now that has to be a good motivator.

Modi

Modi

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 9:11 PM

That's Good, That's Bad. It accomplished three things, it got rid of Bossy Boobs, George and introduced Sister Mary Hotpants. Plus it got Carlos out of jail, which was a dead-end story wise.

Agreed.

Worst moment of the season?

Carlos's affair. Lazy, unnecessary, uncreative, predictable, obvious, unoriginal, every single bad adjective out there. In fact, I'd put it among the worst moments of the entire series so far.

Best moment of the season?

Carlos telling Gaby he wants to adopt.

Best episode?

Thank You So Much

Worst Episode?

Silly People

Gaby

Most improved character?

Carlos

Best new character?

I'm probably most interested in Orson.

Worst new character?

Xiao-Mei. Sorry, but she's coming between my favorite couple!

Best and Most Entertaining Couple: Carlos/Gaby
Worst Couple: George/Bree
Most Boring Couple: Susan/Dr. Ron
Most Entertaining Character: Karl
Most Boring Character: Mike
Best Family Feud: Gaby vs. her mother
Worst Family Feud: Andrew vs. Bree
Best Payoff: Gaby realizes she wants a baby after fighting SMHP
Worst Payoff: Tom's secret
Best Exit: SMHP
Worst Exit: Betty and Caleb (they get to just drive away after everything she's done?)
Most Predictable Plot Twist: Matthew killed Melanie
Least Predictable Plot Twist: Susan grows up!
Most Outrageous Plot Twist: Edie burns down Susan's house
Most Wasted Opportunity: Susan/Karl
Best Use of History: Gaby's affair
Worst Use of History: Noah and Felicia
Story that Needs to be History: Gaby's affair
Best Breakup: Gaby/John
Worst Breakup: Karl/Edie
Best Recovery: Susan, from a splenectomy
Worst Recovery: Bree, from alcoholism
Best Shocker: Felicia cuts off her own fingers to frame Paul for her murder
Worst Shocker: Susan's dad is alive and working at the feed store across town
Best Secret: Andrew's hit and run (it still hasn't come out!)
Worst Secret: Anything from the Applewhites
Biggest Waste of Talent: Felicity Huffman (I went for quality, not quantity)
Best Use of Talent: Marcia Cross
Best Attempt to Save a Relationship: Gaby
Worst Attempt to Save a Relationship: George
Most Unexpected Moment: George throws Dr. Goldfine off an overpass
Dumbest Character: Tom
Smartest Character: Gaby
Best Friendship: Bree/Lynette
Worst Friendship: Edie/anyone
Best Revenge: Felicia frames Paul for her murder
Worst Revenge: Edie burns down Susan's house
Best Death: Noah
Worst Death: George

CallMeSoon

CallMeSoon

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 9:41 PM

Best Episode: Well the first 4 episodes were crap....so anything after that.
Worst Episode: Episode 2.2 - Phyllis/Bree, Carlos in jail while Gaby pays off the woman who wants the boob job and Tom killing the rat. Completely boring show!

Best Storyline: Lynette's office antics (can that be counted as a storyline?)
Worst Storyline: Bree the drunk ties with Bree lurves George!

Best Story Arc: Edie vs. Susan
Worst Story Arc: Bree vs. Andrew

Best New Character: Xiao Mei
Worst New Character: Libby

Most Improved Character: Carlos

Best one-episode storyline: Susan meets her real Dad

Best Scene: Lynette puts on her Boogie Shoes and dances at the bar

Best Couple: Tom/Lynette
Worst Couple: Susan and Mike (Mike's boring!)

Most boring character overall: Mike
Most interesting character overall: Felicia Tillman

Favorite housewife: Lynette
Most interesting housewife: Gabrielle
Housewife you liked better in Season 1 than in Season 2: Bree
Housewife you liked better in Season 2 than in Season 1: Susan

Favorite housewife friendship: Bree and Lynette (it just seems most realistic)

Best use of talent: Marcia Cross
Biggest WASTE of talent: Felicity Huffman

Best dramatic actresses: Marcia and Felicity
Best comedic actresses: Teri and Eva

Major character (not a housewife) you wouldn't miss if they died: Mike
Major character (not a housewife) you would be pissed if they died: Karl and Carlos

Best potential story TPTB are too scared to touch: Tom really cheats on Lynette and leaves her, or one of the "P" kids dies. I just think it could make for some GREAT drama for Felicity to play out. And it could have some long-term ramifications in Lynette's life.

Edited by CallMeSoon, May 22, 2006 @ 10:02 PM.

American Snob

American Snob

Video Archivist

Posted May 22, 2006 @ 10:32 PM

All in all, Season 2 was pretty good not as great as Season 1 but still up there.

Best episodes from Season 1: Pilot, Ah, But Underneath, Pretty Little Picture, Running to Stand Still, Anything You Can Do, Guilty, Impossible, The Ladies Who Lunch, Fear No More, Sunday in the Park with George and One Wonderful Day. (sorry, couldn't pick just one).

My favorite episode of the second season probably hands down is "I Know Things Now", very powerful, very dark. Wendey Stanzler is probably one of the show's better directors. Followed by "Don't Look At Me", classic Desperate Housewives.

My (least favorite) or worst episodes were definitely "You Could Drive a Person Crazy" followed by "Silly People". Both episodes demonstrate how unlikable Lynette can be: I mean eating raw bacon and setting a RAT in your own home isn't my real ideal hope for an episode's plot.

(Season 2)
-Loved Bree's storyline this season!
-Susan didn't really have a storyarc it was more "I'm po and I need insurance because my boss is a low life loser and I was totally sucked in like I always am". I really hope the writers will improve on her plotline. The last two episodes were great with her rivalry with Edie but I hope they have something exciting in store for her next season.
-Sister Mary Hotpants was a great character for the Gabrielle arc. It was pretty original if you think about it since I haven't really seen too many nuns shown in that light. Plus the catfight in "There's Something About a War" was awesome!

Hick

Hick

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2006 @ 1:35 AM

Episodes I liked in bold

Next
They Ask Me Why I Believe In You
Color and Light
The Sun Won't Set
That's Good, That's Bad
Coming Home
One More Kiss
We're Gonna Be All Right

Silly People
Thank You So Much
There Is No Other Way
Could I Leave You
Everybody Says Don't
Don't Look At Me
I Know Things Now
No One Is Alone
Remember

Overall:
14 good episodes
9 not so good or bad episodes

That's Good, that's bad. Most storylines were changed starting with this episode.

Best episode: That's Good, That's Bad.
Worst episode: You could drive a person crazy.
Who was the MVH: Bree, with Gabby being a close second
Best secondary character: Depends what you mean with secondary character. If everybody except the wife falls under this category, than I would say Carlos. Otherwise Felicia or Andrew.
Most improved character: I liked what I saw from Zach in the finale, but that's hardly the whole season. Therefore I'll go with Carlos.
Best new character: Money. Or Caleb Applewhite
Worst new character: Dr. Ron McCready

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2006 @ 4:14 AM

Season 1 Analysis

episodes I liked in bold

Pilot
Ah, But Underneath
Pretty Little Picture
Who's That Woman

Come In Stranger
Running To Stand Still
Anything You Can Do
Guilty
Suspicious Minds
Come Back To Me

Move On
Every Day A Little Death
Your Fault
Love Is In The Air
Impossible
The Ladies Who Lunch
There Won't Be Trumpets
Children Will Listen
Live Alone And Like It
Fear No More

Sunday In The Park With George
Goodbye For Now
One Wonderful Day

Good Episodes: 12

Bad Episodes: 11

Hmm, the count seems a bit unfair. But keep in mind when a season 1 episode is good, it's like a otherworldly good. Season 1 set the bar pretty high.

Edited by jayseyfield, May 23, 2006 @ 4:40 AM.

Darn

Darn

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2006 @ 9:37 AM

I'm surprised you liked so little of season one.

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2006 @ 12:44 PM

I'm surprised you liked so little of season one.

I am too. I'm going to have to re-watch the episodes and redo the list again. I was trying to do it from memory and a summary of the episode, but I'm proabably forgetting the little things that each episode entertaining.

But I do think the good season 1 episodes are worth like 2 good episodes especially the first four episodes.

Edited by jayseyfield, May 23, 2006 @ 12:44 PM.

okiedohkiepokie

okiedohkiepokie

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2006 @ 6:34 PM

I just rewatched season one's finale, and I have to say I liked season two's finale better.

Also, the Applewhite mystery was already in bad shape back then. The scenes from the premiere were edited out of the finale and stuck into the premiere. What a telltale sign for a mystery that had the chance to be even better than Mary Alice's secret.

However, in watching season one episodes, the only thing that really threw S1 over S2 was the connection of the mysteries and the main characters. If they can remedy that for next season then I think things will be back on track.

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2006 @ 11:09 PM

However, in watching season one episodes, the only thing that really threw S1 over S2 was the connection of the mysteries and the main characters. If they can remedy that for next season then I think things will be back on track.

I totally agree. Looking back if you just take out the Mary Alice mystery, which everyone had pretty much figured out (except for the exact details) in the end Season 1 and Season 2 aren't that much different in quality. I think what gives season 1 the edge is the tremendous first 4-6 episodes.

I think the Applewhites dragged down season 2 so getting rid of them just makes season automatically better.

I noticed how hard it is to remember what happened in what episode because DH has four storylines. If it was Smallville I could just remember episodes simply by going "Oh the one where Clark is posessed" or "Oh the one where Lana is posessed". But DH is so complicated I have to read a summary to remember what happened, it's like four seperate episodes in one.

Edited by jayseyfield, May 23, 2006 @ 11:09 PM.

okiedohkiepokie

okiedohkiepokie

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2006 @ 11:58 PM

And I remember hearing all those complaints about the Housewives interacting with each other:

In the first 4-6 episodes, there was very little interaction. But after that, it was just as much interaction as season one, and continued that way until the end of the season. Why it seems like 5 seperate SLs that don't interact is because the Applewhites didn't tie them together. Last season had just as much division in screen time and storylines for the characters.

And good riddance to bad rubbish, regarding the Applewhites. Can't wait for the DVDs, though.

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2006 @ 2:09 AM

Remember the episode, Move On ?

It featured then recapper Jessica having a meltdown over Lynette's selfish behavior.

And so Lynette stops the car about fifteen feet away from the parking booth, holding up EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE MALL BECAUSE SHE IS A BIG BABY. Selfish, selfish Lynette. PEOPLE WANT TO GET HOME, BITCH. PAY YOUR TICKET AND FIGHT LATER.

I got stuck in a line to pay for parking once at the Beverly Center for, like, an hour and a half and I literally almost lost my mind. Thinking about that makes me want to PUNCH LYNETTE RIGHT IN HER SELFISH BITCHFACE.

That was great.

It also featured Julie going to a piano bar for her birthday. A piano bar. I know she's mature but she's not 50 right?

Edited by jayseyfield, May 24, 2006 @ 2:09 AM.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2006 @ 5:55 PM

In the first 4-6 episodes, there was very little interaction. But after that, it was just as much interaction as season one, and continued that way until the end of the season. Why it seems like 5 seperate SLs that don't interact is because the Applewhites didn't tie them together. Last season had just as much division in screen time and storylines for the characters.

Yes, but 1.3 had the fabulous dinner party scene, which was enough interaction to make up for all those episodes.

okiedohkiepokie

okiedohkiepokie

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2006 @ 11:18 PM

Eh, the dinner party scene in 1.3 never really appealed to me that much, especially the ejaculation line (when in 1.1, MAVO says that Carlos cried every time he sealed a deal).

2.11 "One More Kiss," I liked those party scenes more.

Also, it occurs to me that season 1 and season 2 kinda integrate with one another because of the setup from season 1. Like watching all 47 episodes as one season would be kinda cool.

Introversion

Introversion

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2006 @ 4:53 PM

Carlos's affair. Lazy, unnecessary, uncreative, predictable, obvious, unoriginal, every single bad adjective out there. In fact, I'd put it among the worst moments of the entire series so far.

Ahh, took the words out of my mouth.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2006 @ 3:16 AM

For me, Carlos' affair was so disappointing because, since it was so predictable, I figured a show that's usually creative and formula-avoiding wouldn't go where we thought they were taking it and instead we'd get more cutesy scenes like Gabby overhearing double entendres that really have to do with food.

puppy

puppy

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2006 @ 6:48 AM

Best Episode: No one is alone
Worst Episode: Remember
Best Storyline: Bree/Peter
Worst Storyline: Almost everything Susan, worst overall: Susan and her dad
Best Story Arc: Bree/Andrew
Worst Story Arc: since Susan didn't have one, working Lynette

Best New Character: Peter (except for his last episode)
Worst New Character: Nora

Most Improved Character: Lynette

Best one-episode storyline: Gabby kissing Tom

Best Scene: Andrew and Bree at the gas station/Peter and Bree in the car/Tom and Lynette at the hospital
Worst Scene: Gabby having Xiao Mei's hymen checked

Hottest Couple: Bree/Peter
Most believable couple: Tom/Lynette
Worst Couple: Justin/Andrew

Most boring character overall: Zach
Most interesting character overall: Bree

Best secondary character: Mrs. McCluskey

Best chemistry overall: Susan/Edie
Best bitching chemistry: Gabby/Carlos
Best couple chemistry: Tom/Lynette

Couples and Sexual Tension:
Gabby/Carlos: None
Carlos/Xiao Mei: None
Tom/Lynette: None
Mike/Susan: Lots
Bree/Peter: Lots
Andrew/Justin: None
Bree/George: None
Susan/Karl: I don't care ;)

mkd

mkd

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2006 @ 7:03 AM

Best Scene: When Susan was distracted by Paul and Mike having a fist-fight on the lawn and ran her car into the parked car in front of Betty's house. The trunk popped open and there was the dead detective who had been sent by the Fosters. Matthew and Betty and various other neighbors were standing around, mouths agape. Several people looked at Paul, who raised his hands in an "I didn't do it!" gesture.

Edited by mkd, May 26, 2006 @ 7:04 AM.