Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: "It's Not What You Think"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

16615 replies to this topic

Lollia Pollina

Lollia Pollina

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

Here is a link to three sneak peaks for next episode. I loved Coma Guy and Birthmarks, so Post Mortem looks like my cup of tea.

HyacinthBucket

HyacinthBucket

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:05 AM

I've been trying to come up with various scenarios that might end the series, but I always have a few too many loose threads, such as where does the dead fellow, Kutner, fit in? . If Hugh Laurie is calling the finale "uplifting," then I'd like to think that Wilson won't die, since his death would be nearly unbearable for me. However, if Wilson's cancer doesn't go into remission, I've thought about this scenario:

House and Wilson both quit PPTH to fulfill Wilson's "Bucket List." Chase takes over the department, Foreman hires Cameron back, bringing all three original fellows back together again.

The "C Word" has made me like Dr. House once again, and I don't want to see him die any more than I want Wilson to die, but I can't help but be suspicious that the Old Switch-er-oo will be carried out by the writers. Or maybe House is dying, too, and they go out in some big Thelma and Louise finish.

I know it's too much to expect, but I can dream. I'd love to have the series end with the original team walking down the hallway with House, just like the former opening credits. My very last scene would be House and Wilson walking together as they were when the series started. Now THAT would be "uplifting" for me! However, the writers seem to love Olivia Wilde and Thirteen, much to my dismay, and she will take whatever screen time is left over after House and Wilson's.

mcjen

mcjen

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 2:22 PM

Be still my beating heart, but those clips from "Post Mortem" look almost...dare I say it <gulp>...good? No, no, no! I refuse to get my hopes up! Rather, I'm going to be like the patient in the episode who's angry at Chase - House had this entire season to develop an interesting arc and deepen its characters and they wasted the opportunity. I will NOT let them sucker me in by pulling a few good episodes out of their ass now that we're down to the end! I'm bitter, you hear? Very bitter!

Still, it will be nice if they can indeed recapture some of that old House magic. (In that first clip, Wilson looks more like he did in seasons 1-3 since, well, since Season 3.)

Abella

Abella

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Hart Hanson (the show runner for Fox's Bones) tweeted this a couple of days ago:

I cajoled David Shore into pitching me his House series ender. It is GREAT. I hurt my hand pounding my desk in delight. Brilliant bastard.

This has me really intrigued. It feels like we're in for a major twist of some sort, something very unexpected if it surprised Hanson so much.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

Question: Any chance House will pull another miracle out of his hat and save Wilson on House? —Rebecca
Ausiello: As the look on GHo’s face at the conclusion of Monday’s episode all but confirmed, that ship has sailed. House’s priority now is prolonging his BFF’s life — an arduous task that dominates much of next week’s unbelievably moving hour. A key component of the mission involves Greek‘s Jacob “Rusty” Zachar, who makes a surprise cameo as someone from Wilson’s past. Other scoopy highlights from the ep: Olivia Wilde’s Thirteen appears in two quietly effective scenes (one with House, the other with Wilson); another Princeton-Plainsboro vet appears posed to follow Chase out the door; House’s cane plays a critical role; and prepare for a twist ending that harkens back to something series creator David Shore told me last May shortly after House drove his car into Cuddy’s House: “We feel strongly on the show that actions have consequences.”

http://tvline.com/20...inds-glee-smash

Abella

Abella

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

LizDC, is your read of that that Olivia Wilde only appears in those 2 scenes? Or are they specifically highlighting those two out of many?

Also, from tvguide tonight

Is Chase really gone for good on House? — Christine
ADAM: Not exactly. While he has definitely resigned, executive producer David Shore confirms that Chase is scheduled to appear in the series finale. But more surprisingly, one of his colleagues might follow him out the door. In Monday's penultimate episode, another doctor is readying a career life raft in case House implodes under the strain of Wilson's increasingly grim diagnosis.

http://www.tvguide.c...rs-1047202.aspx

I'm please to know we'll see more of Chase.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 8:36 AM

Abella, I doubt there's going to be a whole lot of Thirteen scenes, probably not much more than those two that Ausiello mentioned.

Spoiler from Kristen...

Carrie: After this week's cliffhanger on House, I need any scoop I can get my hands on.
Next week's episode, poignantly titled "Holding On," includes the return of Thirteen, for starters. But we bet you're more interested in the whole Wilson cancer situation, right? Sorry, it's still a struggle for us to talk about, but here it goes: Wilson makes a firm decision about his treatment that very much angers his best friend, House. And the ways House tries to change Wilson's mind will absolutely move you…to uncontrollable tears. Until something ruins the moment, per usual. But it's the very end of the episode you'll want to stick around for, because that's when the knife in the hearts of House-Wilson fans will really begin to twist. Lord, bear us strength!

http://www.eonline.c..._anatomy/314719

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 8:41 AM

One article says that Chase is leaving with a colleague, and another dubs it a "Princeton-Plainsboro vet." The wording definitely matters, because if it's the latter, I would think it's Cameron. If she returns to New Jersey, sees Chase, it's highly possible that a reunion occurs and he decides to move to Chicago to be with her.

If he's leaving with a collegue, though, that means someone he's currently working with, and frankly I don't really see that happening at this moment. I suppose it could, of course, but it would be awfully sudden.

Abella

Abella

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:23 AM

In Monday's penultimate episode, another doctor is readying a career life raft in case House implodes under the strain of Wilson's increasingly grim diagnosis.

I think this points to it being a current team member at PPTH who is contemplating an exit. I'm skeptical it would be Foreman, he appears too comfortably ensconced in his job, but Taub I could totally see deciding to pull the plug, & get out while the going is good, particularly after his comments to Foreman in the last episode.

My read of the Cameron situation & spoilers is that for whatever reason both she & Chase turn up at PPTH in the final episode. Whether its the death of Wilson, House cracking under the strain or something else, I could buy Foreman needing to replace House & Chase would be the ideal candidate. And Cameron could be a good second candidate for Foreman to consider & possibly bring in, setting aside any personal reasons for her to visit with Wilson & House.

The Wilson stuff for the next episode though - Kristin make it sounds like that's the main focus of the episode, & 13's a side issue. Which is good from my perspective, I feel like the storytelling's on a roll with the House & Wilson stuff & I don't want to break the momentum to the finale with a distraction like 13.

Edited by Abella, May 9, 2012 @ 9:25 AM.

foilgirl

foilgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

So, I'm taking that Kristen spoiler to mean that Wilson decides to forgoe any more cancer treatment, so House eventually forces some sort of treatment on him which I'm guessing will kill Wilson, thus setting up a possibly suicidal House for the finale. Although that doesn't really explain the photos from the last episode.

I really hope they're not setting up some sort of House/Wilson-road-tripping-off-into-the-afterlife ending.

Lollia Pollina

Lollia Pollina

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:25 AM

Wilson is my favorite character on the show, and I do not want him to die, not even to provide House with some sort of uplifting and life-changing experience or to give RSL a terrific death scene! I want him to live, but to perhaps make some decisions that make him happier with his life (like quitting oncology.) All the pointers look pretty grim at this point though. The writers are drawing out the suspense to a really cruel extent.

If OW's scene with Wilson is about her teaching him how to accept death calmly and with dignity, I will throw a shoe at the screen and bill DS for the cost of a new tv. I hate perfect Thirteen and her wisdom that comes from living near death. Thirteen as spirit guide and mentor makes me want to gag. Better a Wilson/Cameron scene, since they've already been established as friends.

I really hope they're not setting up some sort of House/Wilson-road-tripping-off-into-the-afterlife ending.

House is an atheist and Wilson seems to be an agnostic who is only nominally Jewish. Seems unlikely unless it's some sort of vague, non-denominational afterlife that welcomes everybody and isn't too fussy about repentance.

Sneak peak for "Holding On"

Edited by Lollia Pollina, May 10, 2012 @ 2:26 AM.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 3:40 PM

E! Online - House Boss Drops Ominous Finale Scoop: "We Never Do Happy Endings"

chailey

chailey

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

E! Online - House Boss Drops Ominous Finale Scoop: "We Never Do Happy Endings"

So much for "uplifting".

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

WHY THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE OF ‘HOUSE’ IS A TEAR-JERKER
For the longest time, I refused to accept that the end is near, but I’m slowly coming to peace with it. That’s, oddly, the theme I took away from the penultimate episode of House, which I checked out this week. While I’d largely like to preserve the integrity of the episode (after all, it’s one of only TWO left!), here are a few teasers for you:
- THIRTEEN is back and takes a meeting with Wilson and House separately that are both everything I could have wanted from their respective reunions. Her interaction with House is particularly poignant. (And her one-line assessment of their relationship made me laugh out loud.)
- HOUSE DOES… something for Wilson that will make you cry. But as always, everything is not as it seems. Just remember his heart is always in the right place.
- THERE’S a cliffhanger. A huge, juicy, “OMG” cliffhanger that sneaks up on you. Well, it snuck up on me anyway. All I can say is pay very close attention to everything going on in the episode.

http://insidetv.ew.c...aries-spoilers/

Lollia Pollina

Lollia Pollina

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

Yikes, it sounds like Thirteen is going to be the good advice fairy, delivering pearls of wisdom to House and Wilson.

Lollia Pollina

Lollia Pollina

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Oops, I missed the other two sneak peaks for the next episode. Here they are.

Holding On - sneak peak #2

Holding On - sneak peak #3

Edited by Lollia Pollina, May 12, 2012 @ 1:34 PM.

HyacinthBucket

HyacinthBucket

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

Yikes, it sounds like Thirteen is going to be the good advice fairy, delivering pearls of wisdom to House and Wilson.

It looks to me as if Clip #2 is setting us up for the arrival of Thirteen, since the team suddenly and conveniently has no interest in Wilson whatsoever. Here comes Thirteen to House and Wilson's rescue! Heaven forbid that House call Cameron, who was so determined that House cure her patient in Season 2's "Acceptance" episode, even though everyone told her that the patient was dying. Heaven forbid that empathetic, sympathetic, and determined Cameron would come back to help Wilson. No, let's bring back Thirteen for TWO episodes instead!

Why do I suddenly have a fear that Cameron will come back in House's dream, dressed in a wedding gown at Wilson's deathbed? I wouldn't put it past these writers.

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 4:12 PM

For some reason that has always eluded me, TPTB seem to equate Thirteen with the voice of wisdom, the epitome of who and what everyone should aspire to, etc...so it doesn't surprise me at all to have them come back in such a role. Heaven forbid we get a send-off into the Post-House Beyond without her giving us her blessing!

Unspoiled

Unspoiled

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:07 PM

I never thought Thirteen's bedside manner was all that great. At least not after she helped her brother die. IMO she was a bitter pessimist. But who knows, maybe not so much now that she's had time to have fun with the new girlfriend. (May I join the "I can't stand Thirteen" club?)

Lollia Pollina

Lollia Pollina

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

I think DS's infatuation with Thirteen has given him amnesia. He's forgotten that Cameron and Wilson were friends, and that Cameron was the only person who talked with him and visited him after Amber's death. (Cuddy phoned, but I imagine her phone calls were pretty much - "hurry up and get over this because I need you to wrangle House for me.")

He has also forgotten that Thirteen and Wilson only had one significant conversation, and that on that sole occasion, Thirteen was a condescending bitch to him. She amused herself by telling him a pack of lies for no reason except for her own amusement, and then told him that she had been lying all the time, thus maintaining her tiresome, smug "woman of mystery" facade and making herself feel superior to Wilson because she tricked him.

Why would Wilson want to listen to Thirteen? DS loves Thirteen and thinks she's the pink of perfection, but he should remember as a writer that Wilson doesn't.

Edited by Lollia Pollina, May 13, 2012 @ 2:10 PM.

rollingstone

rollingstone

Video Archivist

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

I was never a big Cameron fan, but I do agree that whatever they have planned for her appearance in the finale (walking off with Chase into the sunset? gag!), it would make much more sense for her to be the bridge between Wilson and House to get House to accept Wilson's death. Of course, in DS's eyes, Thirteen is all things wise and wonderful, and she must not only be brought back, no matter how little sense it makes to the storyline, but also be the Yoda of House and Wilson (while still remaining Young, Beautiful and Dying, sniff, sniff, wipe eyes).

Edited by rollingstone, May 13, 2012 @ 9:16 PM.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

HOUSE CALLS: I'm not sure what Fox's House has in store for next week's series finale, but it's going to have to go the extra mile to upstage tonight's penultimate episode (9/8c), a powerhouse showdown between Hugh Laurie's House and Robert Sean Leonard's Wilson (a performance that could earn this fine actor his first Emmy nomination). These two stubborn doctors square off over Wilson's plans (or lack thereof) for treatment of his cancer, an illness that's casting a pall over the entire hospital. House, as always, has an arsenal of manipulative tricks up his sleeve, but Wilson is adamant that for once, it's not all about House. "Does it ever stop being surreal?" Wilson asks Thirteen (Olivia Wilde returning for a meaningful visit) about living with a terminal illness.

It gets very real, though, in explosive scenes of catharsis for Laurie and Leonard, before a twist ending that reminds us how fleeting time really is for these doctors and this show. Even if you've drifted away from Princeton Plainsboro in recent seasons — this one in particular was a chore, up until the Wilson dilemma — you might want to check back in now.

http://www.tvguide.c...TV-1047481.aspx

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

Keck's Exclusives: Jennifer Morrison Previews Emotional House Return

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

Are we absolutely SURE Wilson dies/will die before the episode wraps? Could that be the cliffhanger without resolution? whether he does or not?

Lollia Pollina

Lollia Pollina

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Are we absolutely SURE Wilson dies/will die before the episode wraps?

I can't speak for anyone else but I haven't seen anything definite. Security on the last episode seems to be pretty tight and the promo is ambiguous. For all I know, the title "Everybody Dies" could be quite literal, with bodies scattered all over the place like the last scene of Hamlet.

Edited by Lollia Pollina, May 20, 2012 @ 10:05 PM.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

Closing this thread because, well, there really are no more House spoilers.

If you can think of a reason why this thread should remain open that I may have not considered, please send me a PM or post in the Mod Announcements thread. Thanks.