Dream Casting Thread (S2 Okay)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

83 replies to this topic

EllycatinOz

EllycatinOz

Fanatic

• Interests:House, The Doctor Who universe, Buffyverse, good fanfic

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 6:57 AM

Couldn't think of an appropriate quote so if anyone has a better idea lemme know.

Ok you just tell people who you want to appear and in what role - whether it be the villian of the week or a new companion or *gasp* a new new new doctor.

I just wanted Anthony Head in something but now I am thinking if DT goes then I want Matthew Macfayden as the new new new doctor.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 11:44 AM

I think Anthony Head would be excellent as the Master if they ever got the timelords back or if he somehow survived whatever the Doctor did to Gallifrey.

Since we have CE looking at possibly the Prisoner, how about Patrick McGoohan as a guest villain?

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 2:28 PM

Jack Davenport as the next Doctor would really make my day. Commodore Norrington with a sense of humor, just makes you go weak in the knees, doesn't it?

SerendipityHQ

SerendipityHQ

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 7:20 PM

I just realized that the *only* person I can think of really loving as a post-Piper companion would be Laura Fraser. 'Cause she's wonderful. And she's already worked with Tennant and Davies. And I have a huge girl-crush on her.

And Jack Davenport would rock, Eegah. He would rock hard.

LeFae

LeFae

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 7:33 PM

Oh! I think she's great as well, Serendipity, and ditto that girl crush. She's so.. normal, and lovely, and very good at quirky.

That said - I hope Billie sticks around for a good while yet.

Cygnia

Cygnia

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 8:06 PM

I'll still toss out either CE or Patrick McGann as the Valeyard (or even the Master) if they bring either concept back.

LeFae

LeFae

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 8:09 PM

Hee, a few of us would love to see Rufus Sewell as the Master. He does "simmering evil" so beautifully..

EyeSpy

EyeSpy

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 8:15 PM

Hee, a few of us would love to see Rufus Sewell as the Master. He does "simmering evil" so beautifully..

So much WORD to this... and I remember when you suggested this on the Doc/Rose thread (and it induces the very same reaction... *thud*). Doesn't hurt he can act like mad too. It's almost hard to picture someone else in the part... almost. Richard Armitage is a close second for me, since I've pretty much been obsessed since first seeing North & South (Guh!). Either Rufus or Richard going toe-to-toe with DT? That's almost too much to comprehend.

Edited by EyeSpy, May 17, 2006 @ 8:21 PM.

LeFae

LeFae

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 8:25 PM

EyeSpy, I remembered your initial reaction to seeing his name mentioned in conjunction with that role, which is why the "Hee" ;)

Hmm.. I just clicked on Richard Armitage's link, and saw that he's from Leicester - which reminded me that my cousin went to school with Edward Fidoe (and I rather suspect she was his first snog as a teen - I very vaguely recall a Young Farmer's Dance where he and I sat in a corner drinking cider and watched her work her way around the room) who was in Woof! which, it turns out (because I never saw it, and only ever heard of it from my cousin) also starred Anthony Head and Sarah Smart (who was in Sparkhouse with Richard Armitage). Man, I'm connected ;-)

I had no point here. None whatsoever. Except the absolute confirmation that if I'm connected by just one person to Anthony Head, then a six degrees thread on these boards for English actors would be utterly redundant.

Edited by LeFae, May 17, 2006 @ 8:31 PM.

Raksha

Raksha

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 9:03 PM

Oooh, Laura Fraser would be a fantastic companion! What a great idea!

lacunae

lacunae

Video Archivist

Posted May 18, 2006 @ 12:08 AM

So many good choices... yeah, hopefully we'll have a good long wait till we see who the next Doctor and companion are.

Jack Davenport as the Doctor? not sure how that works for me at the moment -- I always get Steve from Coupling instead of Norrington. Maybe Steven Moffat could give him some of those longwinded rants on cushions or women's bottoms (ooh, "Inferno") hmm, could be fun. (maybe they could get Jeff and his variable Welsh accent in for a guest spot)

LeFae

LeFae

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2006 @ 12:15 AM

For me, Jack Davenport (bless him) is forever associated with The Wedding Date - a rather lamentable (if shamefully enjoyable chick flick fare) film based on a much better novel called Asking for Trouble. I watched it solely for Dermot Mulroney but Davenport was .. sweet. Daft but very sweet. And my first take of PoTC had him as being rather shrewd and .. I just found it hard to warm to him.

Besides, he reminds me *way* too much of Michael Vaughan, the English cricket captain. If he were to carry on any of Peter Davison's props, it'd just be too weird.

EllycatinOz

EllycatinOz

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2006 @ 6:33 AM

Hmm must the new companion be female? If so I was thinking Emily Mortimer then realised doh she's already been in a movie with David Tennant - but as already pointed out - 6 degrees is not necessary with Brit actors.
Ok villian of the week - I want to see John Cleese!

Raksha

Raksha

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2006 @ 11:53 AM

Ooooh, Tilda Swinton would make a fanTAStic female Doctor!

EllycatinOz

EllycatinOz

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2006 @ 10:09 PM

How do we get Azaelea appointed to BBC so that she can make these things happen?

LeFae

LeFae

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 5:36 AM

Possibly the best actress in the world

Oh, she's magical! Only thing is, I'll forever associate her with Queenie. Not that that's a bad thing, mind ;-) "I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman - but I have the heart and stomach of a concrete elephant."

somnambulist

somnambulist

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 6:03 AM

"I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman - but I have the heart and stomach of a concrete elephant."

"Prove it!"
"I certainly will! First I'm going to have a little drinky and then I'm going to execute the whole bally lot of you!"

Good god I love that show. I adore Miranda Richardson and if I had my way, the entire cast of Blackadder would be on the show some way or another and I'd squee endlessly. I don't care how busy Hugh Laurie is! ;) It'd be hilarious to see Rowan on the show, seeing as though he played a version of the ninth doctor for Comic Relief. I'm sure I could see him as a deliciously evil villain.

[concludes with a rousing chorus of Royal Britannia]

xtreme

xtreme

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 6:34 AM

how about, Seth Green as the Doctor, or Clare Kramer as a female one. as for assistants, Aaron Stanford, and Michelle Trachtenberg

Caffeinejunkie

Caffeinejunkie

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 6:50 AM

Can we have (a clothing optional) Rupert Penry Jones (and his very chewable bottom lip) in DW please. While it would be cute to have him as a nemesisesis... bad guy, what with the whole Casanova thing, I'd like to see him as a good guy in lots of (clothing optional) scenes with DT.

I had a wishlist in my head that included John Simm and some others, but I'm too distracted now.

FoolishWanderer

FoolishWanderer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 8:05 AM

OT:

First I'm going to have a little drinky and then I'm going to execute the whole bally lot of you!"

I wonder if she was the inspiration for President Laura "Airlock" Roslin?

LeFae

LeFae

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 8:15 AM

An all-American TARDIS team? No!

*Horrified agreement with Azalaea*

Edited - I honestly, truly, really, could never get behind an American Doctor Who. Just no. (I thought she rocked as Glory, though.)

Edited by LeFae, Jun 6, 2006 @ 8:54 AM.

xtreme

xtreme

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 8:48 AM

OK then how about Clare Kramer as the Doctor, and bring Jack back as the companion, after all he is technically scottish

Caffeinejunkie

Caffeinejunkie

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 9:19 AM

An all-American TARDIS team? No!

*Horrified agreement with Azalaea*

I'm with you two! There are some things that are just not negotiable. The Doctor is a bloke and he's played by a Brit (and I'm saying this as an Irish woman!). That's just the way it is. It's always been teddibly, teddibly quintesentially English - even if Eccleston's Doc wasn't as traditonal as the rest of them.

An American Doctor would be the wrongest thing in the world. It would be like recasting Superman as a scally, or Spiderman as Welsh. There are somethings you just don't mess with. Now if Joss Whedon wanted to develop a series where a happy little gang of Americans travel through time, well then, God bless, go to! If he got to write an ep of Doctor Who, I think there would be much squeeage (caveat, any reference to anyone or their TARDIS having a soooooul now would render Whedon Dead To Meh!).

xtreme

xtreme

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 10:28 AM

OK then how about, Billy Connely as the doctor (imagine the script first) and David Paisley as his companion

LeFae

LeFae

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 10:31 AM

I'd love to see Billy Connolly do a Comic Relief Doctor Who, for sure :-D He'd be brilliant at it actually, even as a proper doctor. Can't see him doing it, though, now that he lives in LA.

I could see a female doctor, too, but it'd definitely have to be someone from the British Isles.

LeFae

LeFae

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 10:52 AM

I love xtreme's patient "OK then,"s.

LOL yes, me too :-)

ladyboy

ladyboy

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 11:56 AM

Now if Joss Whedon wanted to develop a series where a happy little gang of Americans travel through time, well then, God bless, go to! If he got to write an ep of Doctor Who, I think there would be much squeeage (caveat, any reference to anyone or their TARDIS having a soooooul now would render Whedon Dead To Meh!).

If he scripted it, we'd probably have to have an entire season where the Doctor moaned about how annoying it was to be regenerated, while having ridiculously violent sex with a dalek.

Back to topic (and mind out of the gutter) I'd love the trend of good looking doctors to be continued, possibly by Julian Rhind Tutt from Green Wing? He's strange enough looking, and ginger!

Edited by ladyboy, Jun 6, 2006 @ 12:32 PM.

xtreme

xtreme

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 12:59 PM

I love xtreme's patient "OK then,"s.

LOL yes, me too :-)

I'ts one of the advantges to being almost anally controlled emotionaly, it makes it almost impossible to annoy me. That and I'm basically a totally human version of Nightcrawler.

LeFae

LeFae

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 2:11 PM

Hehe, well, I love Nightcrawler - I was disappointed not to see him in the third movie.

xtreme

xtreme

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2006 @ 2:34 PM

sorry darlin' I'm more like a copy of the Evolution version in his twenties.