1-22: "Devil's Trap" 2006.05.04 (recap)

• Please log in to reply

1025 replies to this topic

bethy

bethy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

thus his first kneejerk reaction was to just do what he was told.

I think this is true, but I also think that it's significant that he did what Dean told him to do. In my mind, that "kneejerk" is tied to what he knew deep down - that he trusted Dean over pretty much any- and everyone else.

DesiJ

DesiJ

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

I was feeling nostalgic today so I decided to watch Devil's Trap on Netflix today.  What an awesome episode.

The truck smashed into poor Metallicar and I still jumped.  HOWEVER, they replaced CCR with some crappy cover, or possibly a different song altogether (it was so bad I really couldn't tell).  What the hell?

I haven't really watched a lot of the earlier seasons on Netflix, but now I wonder if they've changed any other music with crap covers.

PeteMartell

PeteMartell

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2013 @ 1:17 PM

I think the first season's music is gone on Netflix, but the other seasons are untouched. 

DesiJ

DesiJ

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2013 @ 1:50 PM

Thank God for 1st season DVDs then.  The music was like another character on Season 1. 

It does kind of make me curious what they replaced some of the music with though.

Edited by DesiJ, Nov 11, 2013 @ 1:50 PM.

DLJ

DLJ

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2013 @ 2:22 PM

I think it was some sort of liscencing issue. They couldn't get the rights to some of the music for streaming or maybe couldn't afford it, I don't recall what the exact issue was. I started watching in through Netflix, but I got the disks and once they made it streaming I was upto something like season three, but I remember a lot of people were complaining about the music changes. I haven't heard what they changed it to, but I can't imagine the car crash scene without CCR.

Ciar

Ciar

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 9:48 AM

@ DLJ - Same here! I remember the first time I saw the Metallicar being hit by the truck (all those years ago in 2006) and I actually shouted in shock at the TV screen - the CCR song was so atmospheric for the closing scene, it really gave me goosebumps.

@ DesiJ - I feel nostalgic for S1-3 SPN every so often (and sometimes I'm too lazy to get my DVD box sets off the shelves lol) so I started re-watching S1 on Netflix too but I haven't got as far as the season finale yet and it's going to be VERY weird to watch it without the original song playing over the final scene.