Fan Videos: A Michael Scott Joint

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

907 replies to this topic

proudgirl

proudgirl

Posted May 2, 2006 @ 5:30 PM

I'm not sure if this thread has been done already, but if so, please bear with me (and do lend a helping hand in pointing me to the existing thread).

I thought I'd start a thread for Office fan videos, that way we can just post them all here. The following are ones I've done over the months. I really love feedback:

1) Basically a parody of the "Brokeback Mountain" trailer; this trailer features the famous Michael Scott/Ryan the Temp dynamic of NBC's "The Office":

Bloke-Whack Mountin'

2) A parody preview trailer for Dwight and Angela's scintillating (and legendary) relationship and the lengths to which they must go in order to keep it a secret romance:

Nobody's Business

3) A look at how Jim and Pam's infamous 27 seconds of silence could have been better spent. Set to theme from "Somewhere in Time" by John Barry and "Black Balloon" by Goo Goo Dolls.

4) A mock booze commercial based on Meredith (on NBC's "The Office") Palmer's very healthy addiction. Music is "Titans Spirit" (from "Remember the Titans") by Trevor Rabin and "Sick Cycle Carousel" by Lifehouse.

got booze?

spicycurry

spicycurry

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2006 @ 6:21 PM

I Believe in a Thing Called Love

While we're on the subject of office romances, can I request a video of Kelly and Ryan too? It sounds like a fun idea...

The Librarian

The Librarian

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2006 @ 9:54 PM

Yes!!! Another opportunity to pimp this video, which I love. I didn't create it, but I wish I had. Made me a Jam shipper before I became a regular watcher.

Seriously, I was guided to this by another TWoPer a long time ago, and thanks whoever you are.

porcupine221

porcupine221

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2006 @ 10:43 PM

Thanks for starting this thread. I posted this is the fan fiction thread, but it's much more appropriate here.

The combination of no life and an obsessive Jam fixation caused me to make this video that I call "Jam Session," set to Buffalo Tom's "I'm Allowed."

DementedRiku

DementedRiku

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2006 @ 11:31 PM

I love the Middle of Nowhere video. Very well done. Here is my own Jam vid.

Mixed Tape

A Dwight Vid.

Dwight Shrute - Invincible

I have a few others too that you can check out on my profile.

Boof

Boof

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2006 @ 11:55 PM

I agree, the middle of nowhere video is awesome! I watch it every few weeks because it just makes me smile. I also downloaded the song on iTunes and every time I hear it I smile thinking about this show. Crazy!

Shroom

Shroom

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 12:59 AM

Ooh, I was obsessed with that "Middle of Nowhere" vid awhile back. I watched it several times a day for several weeks, and I still watch it probably at least once a week whenever I need a pick-me-up. I love the Jim talking head bookends, and how even though there's a lot of Jamminess in it, there's also plenty of other cute/funny parts included too.

And here is a different link to it, just in case anyone else is like me and likes to download videos to their computer instead of always watching them on a website. My internet connection is sometimes a little dodgy, so I like to save my favorite vids so I can watch them even when I can't go online. And as far as I can tell, you can't do that with the videos on youtube, right?

I also love Beautiful by the same vidder. Sweet & angsty Jam vid.

And my current video obsession is DementedRiku's Jim video. I swear, I have watched that vid about 50 times since it was linked in the Jim thread last week. And damn if it doesn't put me in a better mood every single time. It has really good timing; I smile every time Jim looks up at the camera right on the beat of the music. Plus, you know, it's three minutes of John Krasinski's adorable and hilarious facial expressions, so it can't go wrong. That's one that I would totally save in my favorites folder on my computer if I could.

Oh, and I just watched the Dwight "Invincible" video, which is also great! Also has very nice timing of clips. And I'm curious about something: I still haven't watched a lot of the episodes, what are the scenes of Jim squirting Dwight with a water bottle about? Which episode is that from, and what's the context? Although I have to say, it's damn funny to watch even out of context.

Edited by Shroom, May 3, 2006 @ 12:59 AM.

Ham and Cheese

Ham and Cheese

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 1:22 AM

Oh, and I just watched the Dwight "Invincible" video, which is also great! Also has very nice timing of clips. And I'm curious about something: I still haven't watched a lot of the episodes, what are the scenes of Jim squirting Dwight with a water bottle about? Which episode is that from, and what's the context? Although I have to say, it's damn funny to watch even out of context.

Only one of the funniest scenes ever! I haven't watched the video yet, but it must be from "The Injury" when Dwight has a concussion. Jim uses the spray bottle to little effect on both Dwight AND Michael when he drives them to the ER in Meredith's van, because Dwight won't stop drinking out of a flask he found in the car (ha!) and Michael won't stop being obnoxious.

Oh so funny. Must go re-watch.

Shroom

Shroom

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 1:23 AM

Ha, that sounds hilarious! Thanks for the explanation, Ham and Cheese.

The Librarian

The Librarian

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 8:33 AM

These are all great. I'm curious, how to they capture video from recent episodes?

abarg4

abarg4

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 8:57 AM

And my current video obsession is DementedRiku's Jim video.

I haven't watched them all yet, but this one is great! But does anyone else just hate, no wait... abhor, that talking head of Jim going "fight! fight! fight!" I don't know why it bothers me so much. He's just so... un-jim. He's not even his usual adorable-looking self to offset it. Hmm.. maybe that's why I don't like it.

George Jorge

George Jorge

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 9:22 AM

My girlfriend loves ANY Pam and Jim mock-up set to romantic pop songs. If you have links, send 'em my way!

Shroom

Shroom

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 1:00 PM

But does anyone else just hate, no wait... abhor, that talking head of Jim going "fight! fight! fight!" I don't know why it bothers me so much. He's just so... un-jim. He's not even his usual adorable-looking self to offset it. Hmm.. maybe that's why I don't like it.

That scene doesn't bother me because I figure what Jim's really doing is mocking those asshole guys who do the "fight! fight! fight!" thing. If I thought he was seriously doing the fight chant, I would hate it too.

Now that I think about it, Michael is totally the type of guy who would do the fight chant thing. Not in that episode obviously, since he's the one in the fight, but I could definitely see him doing it if other people were fighting, thinking it was funny or cool.

On another note, is that Michael/Ryan video linked in the first post of the thread the one they talk about in Wing Chun's interview with B.J. Novak? I remember reading that interview (I don't remember why I read it though, since I wasn't yet watching the show at that point) and being curious about the video they were talking about. I hadn't watched it until yesterday, but it's really funny. And I liked the other videos you linked too, proudgirl.

Melina Detroit

Melina Detroit

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 1:25 PM

Great videos, proudgirl. At lunch, I closed my office door and hoped no one would come in and find me watching them! Fortunately, they didn't. My favourite is still gotbooze. Don't know why.

abarg4

abarg4

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 1:33 PM

That scene doesn't bother me because I figure what Jim's really doing is mocking those asshole guys who do the "fight! fight! fight!" thing. If I thought he was seriously doing the fight chant, I would hate it too.

But he was the one who instigated it, well... he instigated Pam into instigating it. He wanted it to happen. What makes you think he's just mocking it, Shroom? That would make me happier I guess, but I just don't see it.

LiberryLady

LiberryLady

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 5:38 PM

I'm digging these. It's a great way to get a quick shot of Jim in the middle of the afternoon. (I know: TWSS!) I was addicted to The Middle of Nowhere too, Shroom, when I first became a hardcore Office fan.

And I'm going to link the Roy's Girl video here; I did someplace else, but it's great to have the videos all in one place. Roy's Girl is my current drug of choice -- I've watched it too many times to count since I first saw it. This is probably because it brings together two of my loves: Jim, and the song Jessie's Girl. (When Jessie's Girl came out in the eighties, I was too cool for it -- I was a Springsteen girl, not a Springfield one. Now I can appreciate it for the sweet, pure Pop it is.)

proudgirl

proudgirl

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 6:38 PM

On another note, is that Michael/Ryan video linked in the first post of the thread the one they talk about in Wing Chun's interview with B.J. Novak? I remember reading that interview (I don't remember why I read it though, since I wasn't yet watching the show at that point) and being curious about the video they were talking about. I hadn't watched it until yesterday, but it's really funny. And I liked the other videos you linked too, proudgirl.

Actually, yes it is. Imagine my surprise when it was brought up in the interview, let alone having B.J. Novak DISCUSS it. Very, very surreal. I was totally pinching myself.

Great videos, proudgirl. At lunch, I closed my office door and hoped no one would come in and find me watching them! Fortunately, they didn't. My favourite is still gotbooze. Don't know why.

Haha, aw. Meredith and her booze just can't be beat, eh? It's actually kind of sad too, which was something I wanted to capture in my video.

For the most part, I love youtube, but one of the things that frustrates me to no end is the fact that it doesn't have a time counter during playback, because in "27," I purposely arranged the middle section (starting with the words "start counting to..." to "...27" flashing on the screen) to be exactly 27 seconds. And, um, the time for the video is 2:27. Anyways, just being obsessively...obsessive. And anal.

Edited by proudgirl, May 3, 2006 @ 6:40 PM.

The Librarian

The Librarian

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 8:20 PM

Cool! I was wondering if I was the only one who got 27.

DementedRiku

DementedRiku

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 8:26 PM

And my current video obsession is DementedRiku's Jim video. I swear, I have watched that vid about 50 times since it was linked in the Jim thread last week. And damn if it doesn't put me in a better mood every single time. It has really good timing; I smile every time Jim looks up at the camera right on the beat of the music. Plus, you know, it's three minutes of John Krasinski's adorable and hilarious facial expressions, so it can't go wrong. That's one that I would totally save in my favorites folder on my computer if I could.

I am trying to edit in John's expressions from Drug Testing. There just too priceless to pass up.

I also love gotbooze? I just love Meredith! She is so funny!

Shroom

Shroom

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 10:21 PM

I am trying to edit in John's expressions from Drug Testing. There just too priceless to pass up.

Excellent! You'll certainly have a lot to work with from that ep.

For the most part, I love youtube, but one of the things that frustrates me to no end is the fact that it doesn't have a time counter during playback, because in "27," I purposely arranged the middle section (starting with the words "start counting to..." to "...27" flashing on the screen) to be exactly 27 seconds. And, um, the time for the video is 2:27. Anyways, just being obsessively...obsessive. And anal.

Actually, I noticed that sometime in the past few days youtube added a new video player that does have a counter, and also displays the total length of the video. So you don't have to be frustrated about that anymore, proudgirl. And that's awesome that you timed that section to be 27 seconds; I totally missed that when I first watched it on youtube's old player.

But he was the one who instigated it, well... he instigated Pam into instigating it. He wanted it to happen. What makes you think he's just mocking it, Shroom? That would make me happier I guess, but I just don't see it.

Well, I think he was mocking guys who seriously do that "fight! fight! fight!" thing (which I find incredibly obnoxious, and reminds me of when fights would break out in middle school and 3/4 of the kids would run to go watch) and also making fun of the ridiculousness of Michael and Dwight's fight. Just because he helped facilitate the fight by getting Pam to talk to Michael and suggesting the dojo doesn't detract from how ridiculous he finds it. And I think this is supported by the beginning of Jim's talking head interview when he mentions that one of the other branches is working through lunch to prevent downsizing, but "Michael" (said with an awesomely expressive delivery that indicates he finds it ridiculous but not surprising that Michael's doing this) is extending their lunch so they can all go watch the fight. Jim's work clearly doesn't challenge him at all, so he makes his job interesting by pranking Dwight, spending time with Pam, facilitating the fight, etc.

Wow, that was rambly. Hope it made at least a little sense, though.

tvguru94

tvguru94

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2006 @ 3:08 PM

I love all these videos. Thanks to those who make them and link them.

In a weird coincidence, I was googling for something completely different and came across a blog with info on how to download videos from You Tube (and other sources) to your computer. I found it to be pretty easy to do.

(Warning - it will not work on Macs - at least something good comes from having a PC at work!)

Download videos

Shroom

Shroom

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2006 @ 3:47 PM

Thank you so much for that link, tvguru94! I was hoping there was some way to download videos from youtube that I just wasn't aware of. As soon as I get home, I'm going to save my favorite videos (starting with the Jim video - yup, I'm still obsessed with it).

And here are two more Jam videos by the same vidder who did the awesome "Middle of Nowhere" and "Beautiful": You and Me and Perfect Situation. They're both really good, although the shift in POV from Jim to Roy in "Perfect Situation" bugs me just a little.

larrymcg421

larrymcg421

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2006 @ 11:43 PM

This is one of my favorite videos:

Office Promo

It's a fake promo for The Office, but making it look like a drama. Pretty great stuff.

TV_Buffy

TV_Buffy

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 12:15 PM

I also love Beautiful by the same vidder. Sweet & angsty Jam vid.

Oh, that last line/scene KILLED me.

These videos are all so good. So good.

ETA - Just watched the Office promo linked above. Loved the ending. Hee.

Edited by TV_Buffy, May 5, 2006 @ 12:18 PM.

Canadian Linz

Canadian Linz

Just Tuned In

Posted May 10, 2006 @ 10:58 PM

Hey. I've really been enjoying everybody's vids. I've made a couple myself. If you want to check them out, here are the links.

Jim/Pam (JAM) vid: You Don't Know Me
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nTOUjhVhfIM

Dwight vid: Simply the Best
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AN-v5b2XHf8

Lindsay:)

kiweesplash

kiweesplash

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2006 @ 12:00 AM

Great videos Canadian Linz. I liked how you used a slow song for the JAM one because it gave it a different feel than a lot of the other JAM videos out there. And your Dwight vid was really funny. :)

LiberryLady

LiberryLady

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2006 @ 12:07 AM

Those were cool, Canadian Linz. The mood of "You Don't Know Me" really fits with the J-A-M sitch.

Canadian Linz

Canadian Linz

Just Tuned In

Posted May 11, 2006 @ 12:05 PM

Thanks guys:)

Ham and Cheese

Ham and Cheese

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2006 @ 3:09 PM

Canadian Linz - those were GREAT! :) Seriously, two of my favorite fan vids. Nicely done.

I completely forgot about the look of pure GLEE that crosses Dwight's face when he gets his bobblehead. So awesome.

Pyramid

Pyramid

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2006 @ 4:13 PM

In a weird coincidence, I was googling for something completely different and came across a blog with info on how to download videos from You Tube (and other sources) to your computer. I found it to be pretty easy to do.

There's actually a Firefox extension that lets you download file from youtube, etc. I think it's, rather unimaginitively, called VideoDownloader.