Doctor Who FanVids

• Please log in to reply

465 replies to this topic

lacorelli

lacorelli

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 10, 2011 @ 2:00 PM

I've made my very first Doctor Who video; it's basically about Eleven and the TARDIS with spoilers to the end of series 6. I adore Phineas and Ferb and this song just seems made for the TARDIS:

Doctor Who - My Ride From Outer Space

And my husband has just done an Eleven/River video also for spoilers for all of series 6:

The Doctor and River The Big Bang

tardis91011

tardis91011

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 2, 2012 @ 2:46 AM

Ok, not the most obvious of shows to put together...but here's Doctor Who Credits done in the style of the Parks and Recreation credits.

aSnakeOnaPlane

aSnakeOnaPlane

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

Just discovered via Wired magazine online: Literal Eclipse of the Heart, Doctor Who style.

This won't really make sense unless you've seen the literal version of Total Eclipse of the Heart, which made a big splash a couple of years ago. It's totally worth watching that video again just to appreciate the Doctor Who version. I laughed more at the DW one than I ever did at the original joke.

It's also worth watching it with the captions on so that you don't miss a word. "Metaphor?"

tardis91011

tardis91011

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 13, 2012 @ 2:35 PM

aSnakeOnaPlane, thanks so much for posting that, it's absolutely brilliant. I'm a fan of the original Literal Eclipse of the Heart - I thought it was hilarious, well executed and original. And now it's mashed up with Doctor Who? Wonderful.

And I agree, best watched with the captions on.

Edited by tardis91011, Jan 13, 2012 @ 2:35 PM.

arizonamyrie

arizonamyrie

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

This one's been making the rounds the last day or two on Facebook, courtesy of one of the DW Fandom pages there: Pure Imagination. Awesome dark fairytale music to fit the dark fairytale that's been Moffat's reign. Also pulls from RTD's Doctors as well. Video sums up some of the best parts of the fun of DW.

angora

angora

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 8:10 AM

The First Question is an epic, fanmade trailer for the 50th anniversary. On first watch, I was thinking it HAD to be a professional job, but then it ended with the RTD logo, and I knew anything the Beeb puts out these days has the Moffat logo. So much love.

LucianaR

LucianaR

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

I'm sorry if this is repeated, but has anyone seen this one yet?

[I built a TARDIS] http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rtWUrJU46M8

aSnakeOnaPlane

aSnakeOnaPlane

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

I hope this isn't considered off-topic, but somebody REALLY needs to make a Doctor/Master video using The Drumming Song by Florence and the Machine. Please!! I see it in my head every time I hear the song, but I lack video technology/skills.

Awesomely, the top YouTube comment right now says "So this is what the Master feels like."

EDITED TO ADD:

Of COURSE there already are some. I think this one is the best, although sadly they edited out my favorite part of the song - the video editing is still pretty sweet.

Edited by aSnakeOnaPlane, Feb 26, 2012 @ 5:46 PM.

tardis91011

tardis91011

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 4:42 PM

Two different videos using the same song by Cage The Elephant. River manages to hit both Ten and Eleven for the "never saw it coming " line!

"Shake Me Down" - Matt Smith

"Shake Me Down" - David Tennant

Click the Closed Captioning to display the lyrics.

aSnakeOnaPlane, I love that Florence song, and that was a nicely edited version. Thanks for posting.

deb50

deb50

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 3:58 PM

This young lady is a wonderful vidder....this is my favorite Doctor/River vid.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=G9K9mlHgOgg

(She also makes wonderful Sherlock vids)

Edited by deb50, Jun 16, 2012 @ 5:27 PM.

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

I found this by accident and it's great. Some Nights by Fun

Aravis

Aravis

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 6:25 PM

Can't quite believe no one has posted this one yet (also can't quite believe I had missed this for over a year!)

Anyway - Big Blue meany who is one of the greatest multi doctor fanvid makers has a one to eleven vid up set to U2's 'One Love'. If you haven't seen it already their 1 to 10 'Window in the Skies' vid is also brilliant.

What I absolutely love about this person's work is that, more than anything else I've seen, it makes it absolutely clear the all of the doctors are the same person - the way they draw parallels between the different images, actions and stories is brilliant.

Aravis

Aravis

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 6:58 AM

Double posting after four months is okay right?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5Blf073f2Lc - Malcolm Tucker is Doctor Who.  Colliding DW with Peter Capaldi's most brilliant character to date.  Warning - if you have never seen The Thick of It there is a LOT of swearing, so very NSFW.

B. Will

B. Will

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:04 PM

I searched and didn't see this mentioned yet, so I apologise if it has and I've missed it.

If you've never heard of the Doctor Who Fan Orchestra, it's a group of fans (as the name implies) that participate in a virtual orchestra, performing themed arrangements of Doctor Who music. The arrangements are done by an incredibly talented young man named Stephen Willis.

Here is a link to its YouTube channel. I've been participating in it (contributing tenor vocals) since #5, "The Impossible Astronaut (Suite)," with my personal favourite being #6, "A Christmas Carol (Suite)." The most recent production was the 50th Anniversary Suite, which featured a young fellow that you may recognise manning the synthesiser.

I hope you enjoy it!

EDIT: I should also note that, in addition to the arrangement, Mr. Willis does all of the mixing and processing of the audio that participants send in, as well as the video. There's an "About the DWFO" video in the playlist that explains the process.

Edited by B. Will, Jan 15, 2014 @ 4:20 PM.

elle

elle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2014 @ 6:17 PM

Loved it!  Thanks for posting this, B. Will!  It is a great reminder of how wonderful the music is for this show.   

Thank goodness for the credits.  I had no clue who was the special synthesizer player.  And I was so busy looking for them that I almost missed the flute playing White Dalek!

I could see someone editing all those videos together for a movie to run at a convention or part of a fan DVD.  Just wonderful!

edited to add:

As if I didn't need another reason to visit YT!

I adore Phineas and Ferb and this song just seems made for the TARDIS:

lacorelli, I adore P&F too!  And you were right about the song.  Great fun!

Just discovered via Wired magazine online: Literal Eclipse of the Heart, Doctor Who style.

Ha!  That song is one of my ear worm's favorites.  And now it randomly sings spin around ninjas!

Thanks, aSnakeOnaPlane!

Someone (talented, not me) could make a video to "Tonight is what it means to be young" from the movie Streets of Fire.  Reading the lyrics, one can see different Doctor Who clips.   Here is is the first stanza, remind you of anyone?

I’ve got a dream ’bout an angel on the beach

And the perfect waves are starting to come
His hair is flying out in ribbons of gold

And his touch has got the power to stunl

Edited by elle, Jan 22, 2014 @ 2:19 PM.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 6:28 PM

Since we don't have much time left with these boards, I would like to take the chance to share what I truly believe to be one of the finest fan videos I have ever witnessed.

Babelcolour's Tribute To The Master

A finely crafted video set to Gregorian Chants cover of Metallica's Nothing Else Matters perfectly complemented by video and audio clips from the various Masters over the years.

Perhaps some of you have seen it, before, but if not, I would hate myself if I never got the chance to share something I believe to be very special with all of you.