Jump to content

Cable Guy's Spawn? Looking Zilch Like TV 'Rents and Sibs!


  • Please log in to reply

250 replies to this topic

#241

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

    Couch Potato

Posted Nov 23, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

The funny thing is based on the few times they have shown him, Charlie Hunnam looks nothing like the actor who plays his father either.


True! Which is probably why, when Paula Malcomsen guest starred, there were all sorts of crazy theories floating around about Maureen being Jax's bio mother (even if she is probably 10 or less years older than he is). Oh, and Hunnam and Zoe Boyle? Definitely look like possible siblings, which made the Jax/Trinity almost-incest even more uncomfortable to watch...

Edited by Beautiful Leah, Nov 23, 2012 @ 2:09 PM.

  • 0

#242

kiddo82

kiddo82

    Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 9:42 PM

I have a passing familiarity of the Lying Game but after hearing the intro where the lead voice overs about finding her and her twin's birth mother I thought, "Wait. Charisma Carpenter is in this show, right?. It has to be her right. That's barely even a mystery." The more I watch this show the more the resemblance between the two actresses becomes uncanny. Even their vocal inflections are similar.
  • 0

#243

Cherith

Cherith

    Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:34 AM

I only ever see the Lying Game if I leave the TV on after Pretty Little Liars but the "mystery" about the mother was a joke. There was supposed to be this reveal when it was Cordelia and anyone with a brain would be like "hey, maybe it is that woman who looks exactly like you floating around town".

It really is amazing how similar looking they are though.

Edited by Cherith, Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:34 AM.

  • 0

#244

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

    Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 1:08 AM

Vera Farmiga, Max Thieriot, and Freddie Highmore all make a very believable family on The Bates Motel. Which makes it creepier that Norma is having sex with a guy who resembles her son.

Edited by MethodActor05, Apr 16, 2013 @ 1:15 AM.

  • 0

#245

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

    Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 8:33 PM

Which makes it creepier that Norma is having sex with a guy who resembles her son.

It's almost funny.
  • 0

#246

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

    Stalker

Posted May 4, 2013 @ 4:42 PM

   I loved that there was a definite, plot-related reason for having Detective Shelby look so much like Dylan.

 

    All My Children continues being really, really good at casting people who look like they could be Erica Kane's descedants, with Denise Tonytz as her "child of my child." Really good casting there. Dark-haired Sarah Michelle Gellar, Eden Reigel, Alicia Minshew, Colin Igglesfield, and now with Denise.

 


Edited by MethodActor05, May 4, 2013 @ 4:42 PM.

  • 0

#247

corvus13

corvus13

    Stalker

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 4:41 PM

The casting people on the new One Live to Live did a good job of casting the new actor who plays Matthew.  He looks a lot like the earlier actor.


  • 0

#248

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

    Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 2:52 AM

From Vikings: Bjorn looks so much like his mother Lagertha. I half expected to get online and find out the actors were related somehow.


  • 0

#249

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

    Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 10:44 AM

The kid's a year and a half old, and I'm still having issues accepting the actress playing Booth and Brennan's daughter Christine on Bones. Yeah, I know that dark-haired people can sometimes produce a lighter child. But David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel both have dark, straight hair and the baby has blonde curls, now turning a twinge reddish?

 

The weirdest thing, IMO, is that the little girl strongly resembles Ty Panitz, the 12-year-old who plays Booth's son Parker from another relationship. Ty has sandy-colored curls, but that can be more easily explained by the fact that his mother is blonde. But if Booth's new baby resembles his former girlfriend and their kid...hmmm...


  • 0

#250

emjay1116

emjay1116

    Stalker

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 7:13 PM

Genetically speaking, since Booth and Bones are obviously both heterozygous (Bb), all kids have a 25% chance of being light haired (bb).  Each parent randomly passes on one of their genes, giving each kid a 1/4 chance of being homozygous dominant (BB), 2/4 heterozygous (Bb) and 1/4 heterozygous (bb).  So each kid has a 75% chance of having dark hair and 25% of having light hair.

 

Curly hair however is dominant, so if either Booth or Bones has curly hair (I think Bones kinda does), the kids each have a 75% chance of having curly hair.


  • 0

#251

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

    Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 11:04 PM

   Kenny Johnson and Max Thieriot as possible father-and-son but at the very least uncle and nephew? SERIOUSLY inspired. My hat's off to the Bates Motel casting directors for that one. I never would have thought of it.

 

    Also, here's a photo of Max with Mike Vogel, and man they should play brothers someday. I do love that there was a plot-related reason that they had them look similar to each other on Bares Motel.


Edited by MethodActor05, Mar 23, 2014 @ 11:06 PM.

  • 0