Million Dollar Listing

• Please log in to reply

2179 replies to this topic

MakingMeCrazee

MakingMeCrazee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 22, 2008 @ 12:01 PM

I will definitely watch this show -- although I am so going to miss Scotty Brown and Ray and Dia (the crazy looking cat lady!) They were fun -- these 3 really do just seem like douches but I will watch and make myself angry anyway!

Awesome Lessons

Awesome Lessons

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 22, 2008 @ 12:59 PM

The argument about the customer saying that he didn't want Josh showing his property was straight out of something that you'd see on "The Hills". At least last season actually had a little to do with selling real estate. This show is going to blow with these tools on it.

MrPissyPuppy

MrPissyPuppy

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2008 @ 1:22 PM

He should have just said his grandmother invented the question mark.

Or Post-It Notes.

Hmmmm ... am I going to get sucked in again this season?

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2008 @ 2:54 PM

The argument about the customer saying that he didn't want Josh showing his property was straight out of something that you'd see on "The Hills". At least last season actually had a little to do with selling real estate. This show is going to blow with these tools on it.

I was thinking how can that be legal or within the code of ethics for somone to request that a certain agent not bring prospects to his home he has for sale? I took my RE classes last Summer and I am thinking that violates fair housing...

valkyrieschans

valkyrieschans

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 23, 2008 @ 3:59 PM

I think it only violates fair housing if they're rejecting the potential buyer. In this case, it was (I think) the agent. With another agent, that buyer could come in.

Question: How does Chad see with all that hair in his eyes? It's like someone put a silky terrier on his head.

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 10:40 AM

Question: How does Chad see with all that hair in his eyes? It's like someone put a silky terrier on his head.

From here on out, I am calling him "Berries and Cream"...off the board of course!

Joshua "freinded" me on facebook :)

QAF Rocks

QAF Rocks

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 6:37 PM

Well, here's a semi-juicy tidbit for everyone:

Madison was on the cover of 'Playgirl.'

Edited by QAF Rocks, Jul 25, 2008 @ 6:38 PM.

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Jul 26, 2008 @ 9:21 AM

I thought his gf seemed sweet and nice. She called him a workaholic but a nice guy. To me, he seemed like a supercilious, egotistical, vainglorious asshole. But that's just my opinion, of course! ;)

What a fabulous description! And so accurate. I didn't watch last season and thought I'd give it a try, but after watching that preview, I might break my TV watching his narcissistic ass. I don't understand why anyone would ever hire him.

I would love watching a scene where someone comes in with some scissors and chops off that damn hair of his.

excaliber21

excaliber21

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 7:01 PM

I saw Playgirl at the newstand and leafed through it. Frankly, he's not my type -- kind of scrawny and hairless, and he doesn't show the goods. Funny, though, I had a feeling he was gay last season but I don't think he admitted to being polyamorous then. Maybe it was the relationship with his "mentor" that was the clue. It's also amazing to me that he seems to be the least reprehensible of the three douches this time around, because he was pretty insufferable last season. I don't think I'll watch the show. I'm just not into smug, over-hyped youngsters and I remember reading last time that the "sales" most of those agents reported were non-existent.

alex x

alex x

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 8:55 PM

These are the most vile, creepy, bizarre collection of kooks I've ever seen. I suppose a parasitical sleazy joke industry like real estate is the one place they could be successful, but even still, who on earth would work with these people? Chad lists his occupation as 'Realtor To The Stars", goes to movie premieres, and thinks he's a celebrity. Good lord. As a Los Angeleno I'm considering filing a class-action defamation of character suit against Bravo for making the entire city look like a bunch of freakish, nutcase assholes on show after show...this show is the final straw. Not that it's far from the truth, but still...

tabt

tabt

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 28, 2008 @ 3:20 PM

I just caught the preview for season 2. I will watch this show every week for 2 reasons:

1. I used to be a commercial real estate broker in San Francisco, years ago, and I still love looking at a beautiful piece of property.

2. Madison. Madison could sell me anything, at any time, ever. Georgeous, sweet, unwilling to bad mouth other agents, intelligent, hardworking, and skilled at the soft sell would win me every time. I think that, although possibly bi-sexual, he is more likely a young man who is working through the process, (remember he said that his therapist came up with the term "polyamourous"), of slowly coming to terms with openly gay sexualiity. It doesn't matter to me either way.

I watched last season and have had quite enough of Scotty Brown et.al., so I won't miss any of them.

The only reason I think that Chad might be older than 12, is because no one could possibly become that obnoxious in only 12 years. I won't believe, though, that he is actually 30 without seeing a birth certificate, along with other verifable confirmation. Supreme tool, d-bag, asshat and general moron, his head needs to be shaved immediately, preferably during the course of a kidnapping that includes several hours of being locked in a trunk. How anyone could spend more than 2 seconds in his, "I love myself, maybe too much", insufferable presence baffles me.

I like Josh, so far. Cocky, but very young and kind of fun to watch, especially if he kicks Chad's ass on regular basis. I knew immediately, though, that at age 21, he would have to have wealthy family connections to get even a first phone call through to those types of clients. His bio says the family business is shopping center development, a real estate (commercial) source of referrals. Although grandma, may not have the dubious distinction of bringing polyester to the U.S., she seems to be a long time sucessful business person who could also send wealthy clients his way. Once Josh gets to a client, though, he actually does a decent job of selling and closing stuff on his own and I respect that.

MakingMeCrazee

MakingMeCrazee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 6:43 AM

Well, here's a semi-juicy tidbit for everyone:

Madison was on the cover of 'Playgirl.'

YIKES! And, I am assuming that gay men are the only ones that purchase Playgirl anyway! Gives me the chills, yuck!

QAF Rocks

QAF Rocks

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 9:27 PM

I think that, although possibly bi-sexual, he is more likely a young man who is working through the process, (remember he said that his therapist came up with the term "polyamourous"), of slowly coming to terms with openly gay sexualiity.

I wonder if Madison's therapist actually knows what 'polyamorous' means? As far as I know, it doesn't mean bisexual at all. It means being open to having multiple sexual and romantic relationships at the same time; ie: open relationships and/or swinging. If that's Madison's scene, more power to him, but if he's just a run-of-the-mill bisexual guy, that term's going to be a little misleading to more than a few people.

Edited by QAF Rocks, Jul 30, 2008 @ 9:28 PM.

AnnetteFun

AnnetteFun

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 2:13 AM

Oh, crap, these three guys are who we're gonna have to deal with all season? And I agree with whoever said it's like "The Hills" (or whatever) crossed with a real estate show. If I wanted to watch boys acting like teenaged girls, I'd tune into one of those O.C. scripted reality shows. I loved MDL because it showed beautiful properties as well as the challenges of marketing them. I'm fascinated by good real estate agents...watching how they react to different situations, demanding clients, disappointments, etc. And I LOVED Scotty Brown -- I always thought he was sleazy, but very entertaining. If all we get this season is Battle of the Boy Wonders, I'm going to be extremely annoyed. Why the format change? Were the ratings that bad for S/1?

lilbunny

lilbunny

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 2:53 PM

Just saw this on TMZ...true or publicity stunt for the premiere?

Josh Flagg, the star of next season's Bravo show, "Million Dollar Listing," may be the victim of one of the oldest proverbs in the world. But in his case, a picture may be worth a thousand days in the slammer.

Josh's day job is an estate broker -- selling expensive stuff that dead rich folks owned. Josh was arrested for allegedly stealing ridiculously expensive art that was part of the estates he was handling, including Picassos and Chagalls.

Josh posted the pic on the left on Facebook of him in his old house. Incidentally, the painting in the background is the exact kind of art he's been accused of stealing. Brilliant upload.

Flagg is free on $100,000 bail -- just in time to catch the premiere of his show Tuesday night!

Edited by lilbunny, Aug 1, 2008 @ 2:53 PM.

ItsJustATVShow

ItsJustATVShow

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 2, 2008 @ 1:08 PM

I am wondering if he is gunning for his own reality show!

I can confirm that he is. For at least 2-3 years now.

lilybel

lilybel

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 5, 2008 @ 10:24 PM

OMG - I watched 15 minutes of this show tonight and wanted to scratch my eyes out and put sharp objects under my nails - What the hell is wrong with these freaks? That Chad with the hair - come on, does he really believe that looks good? This doesn't include the ass thin body. I thought he was joking with the hair. The guy who listed his condo with him gave him the "I think you're a freak" look. Those other two kids are just as weird. They made my skin crawl because they were so strange.

I think that Bravo has sunk to an all time low - this show and the HoJo/SlimySlade show just put a different spin on Bravo. All they need now is Scott Baio and they would be all set. I don't wonder why Project Runway is making a made dash for the door!

evillager

evillager

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 5, 2008 @ 10:57 PM

Chad is indeed one of the creepier entities to surface on reality tv, but Josh Flagg is the only one of the trio that I find unbearably reprehensible. Chad is more retarded than evil, and Madison seems harmless. I don't understand when people take 26 years to come out of the closet in this day and age, but whatever, he's a Mormon, apparently.

I have to say that the shot of the elevator door closing while Chad adds in "Who's Dorian Gray?" is fantastic, one of the smartest little moments I've seen on a trashy show like this. Love it!

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 1:03 AM

I was more entertained by this than I thought I'd be having watched the preview.

Still not crazy about Chad but think I get him more. Think he's socially awkward and basically still that skinny teen boy we saw in the pics and he tries to cover it with what he thinks is a cool look (that isn't) and closing deals, but really is struggling with most aspects of social interaction. When we saw him with others, did he strike you as being a social butterfly or like me, did you find those convos quite stilted, intense, and uncomfortable? Having said that I think I get him a bit more, let me also say I still think he's odd, need someone to snip off at least two centimeters of his hair, to give him an appropriate fitting pair of pants, and generally just tell him what he thinks looks cool doesn't.

He also has the girlfriend who wouldn't have looked twice at the awkward boy, that is quite clear. But in reference to her, if I wanted to listen to someone talk like her, I'd watch an MTV show. I need them to cut her time down. She's nice, cute, and seems genuine, but she's also very young, like high school young, and comes off as such.

Josh needs to learn not to mix his two groups of friends. Dr. Sam shouldn't have been over with the "just out of college, rich, and endlessly spoiled" crew he had over. Him and his grandma's compassion over a dead friend were moving. Truly. Dr. Sam should have moved on the deal if he wanted the house, they don't come on the market often in that area. He can't be mad because Josh didn't get it for him, he should be mad at himself for missing the opportunity. Josh seems a little immature, so don't know how I will like him. I liked that he didn't try to get the extra bids to drive up the price and screw over the initial offer, though I know its done regularly.

Madison is my favorite. Most likable so far, but not perfect by any means. Glad his assistant took another job and he needs to get over it. Like the other two, everything doesn't revolve around him.

I know some don't like this "3 young guy" thing. I didn't watch all of last season but did catch a couple of eps and it seemed too scattered, too many brokers and no relation to one another besides their professions. This seems like a more focused approach to the season, potential for a little drama, and all based around beautiful real estate. Definitely seems more focused to me, we'll have to see how that plays out in terms of it being a good show though.

The broker whose client bought Josh's listing? Woman with reddish brown hair - anyone recognize her? Has she been on HGTV? I recognize her from somewhere and am trying to figure out from where.

Edited by JasmineFlower, Aug 6, 2008 @ 1:06 AM.

Imbaack

Imbaack

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 2:54 AM

Chad with the hair - come on, does he really believe that looks good?

I actually think Chad is cute. He needs to stop hiding behind the mop of hair though.

http://www.realitytv...ng-art-7590.php

Report: 'Million Dollar Listing's Josh Flagg arrested for stealing art

By Christopher Rocchio, 08/04/2008

Josh Flagg has reportedly been accused of pilfering the homes of his clients.

The Million Dollar Listing second-season realtor and estate broker was arrested for allegedly stealing expensive pieces of art that were part of the estates he was handling, TMZ.com reported Friday.

Edited by Imbaack, Aug 6, 2008 @ 3:03 AM.

Guitargal

Guitargal

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 9:55 AM

I have to say that the shot of the elevator door closing while Chad adds in "Who's Dorian Gray?" is fantastic, one of the smartest little moments I've seen on a trashy show like this. Love it!

Best moment by far. That and Josh seemingly upset about his friend passing and in the next scene on the phone about getting the listing.

I deal with agents in my line of work and they are a different bunch to be sure.

Was it just me or was the jump from Flipping Out the hour before about a 37 year old spoiled real estate flipper to younger, spoiled real estate agents not a far one? More like a gay little skip?

I kept thinking Chad was talking like Trump. Forced. Rehearsed. Ugh. And, I'll NEVER complain about my son's hair again. Chad's style is the worst.

Edited by Guitargal, Aug 6, 2008 @ 10:03 AM.

Suzako

Suzako

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 10:18 AM

I thought this take on the show was hilarious. Its number four in the countdown: http://www.bestweeke...day-august-5th/

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 10:51 AM

LMAO...Josh Flagg deleted me off his Facebook freinds, after last night, I'm good

I took a liking to Chad, I definately identify with him and how he was made to feel by his peers when he was younger.

Madison is hot...I wanna molest him!

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 11:29 AM

I try to avoid BRAVO anymore on Tuesday nights. Looking back at the years of Antin, Yackie Warner, Jeff "My Lips Have Entered the Room so Expect the Rest of me in Five minutes", I don't know exactly how it will come about, but I'm pretty sure that the anti-christ will make his or her first appearance there. So anyway, I wasn't planning on watching this and the ads of what looks like Wednesday Adams trying out a Dorothy Hamill cut, but I caught the last few minutes (which is how they suck me in).

My question is this. Did the dentist that the toothy spiked hair kid was trying to sell a house to go from having rather hirsute chest to being as smooth as a baby's bottom? I swear there is a shot of him sitting there looking rather John Travolta "Saturday Night Fever" and then in his scrubs he looks all John Travolta "Staying Alive".

I guess if that is all I got maybe I won't be sucked in. Still the whole chest hair there then gone again was odd.

CelticGoddess

CelticGoddess

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 11:31 AM

I think Josh has a massive drug problem.

Since I placed that out there without elaboration I should elaborate:

The interview with the way blood shot eyes and the rationalizations that he likes to drink and "party" indicates to my humble non-expert observation that he has an issue with some drug. If the whole stealing from clients' artwork is true that is another indication.

Edited by CelticGoddess, Aug 6, 2008 @ 2:23 PM.

andreak1041

andreak1041

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 2:14 PM

I think Josh has a massive drug problem.

As someone with no evidence, knowledge, or familiarity with the guy, I agree 100%.

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 2:45 PM

I was thinking he's an immature, spoiled 21 year old and acting like it. I wouldn't go so far as saying he has a 'massive' drug problem. I think that attribute can go to Madison, glad he's rehabbed and better, but think Josh is probably no stranger to experimenting.

Oh, and the blood shot eyes, they could just as easily been from drinking (which he seemed to do all day, at the encouragement of his dear grandma) as from drugs, so hard to know. He wasn't extra hyper, bouncing, or extra down that made me think, its drugs. But, I wouldn't rule it out.

SparkyMN

SparkyMN

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 8:33 PM

Totally my new guilty pleasure.

BTW, did Madison say he is completely sober now? Because isn't he in the preview screaming "Yeeeeaahhh!!!" with a big bottle of something in his hand?

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 12:02 AM

SparkyMN, no the hard-drinkin', dancing-fool screamer was Josh, not Madison. Madison has been sober for five years (I think). Josh is on perpetual drunk patrol.

gads, is this news about Josh's arrest legit? I have to say that he impressed me last night when he talked about the ethics of a sale. How he was obligated to present all offers to a seller, etc. Obviously his ethics are situational only.

Josh seemed like the weirdest of the three to me. The little vignette with grandmere was so silly. I disagree that she showed sympathy or compassion toward the dead Jay Bernstein. She was giving her little man a lead, plain and simple. And encouraging him to make a scotch in the middle of the day? Strange, imho.

And his so-called friends? Ach du lieber! My fave had to be the Perez Hilton lookalike with the dyed platinum hair, dangling ciggie, effete manner and superduper avoirdupois. Was he one of those Gatsby idle-rich I've read about?

heebiejeebie, I didn't notice the dentist's chest-hair changes! LOL. I'll be on the lookout next replay. It wouldn't surprise me.

I actually liked Madison, or what we saw of him. And, of course, the lovely Chad is quite a breakout reality star, ain't he? oy!

These are the most vile, creepy, bizarre collection of kooks I've ever seen. I suppose a parasitical sleazy joke industry like real estate is the one place they could be successful, but even still, who on earth would work with these people? Chad lists his occupation as 'Realtor To The Stars", goes to movie premieres, and thinks he's a celebrity. Good lord. As a Los Angeleno I'm considering filing a class-action defamation of character suit against Bravo for making the entire city look like a bunch of freakish, nutcase assholes on show after show...this show is the final straw. Not that it's far from the truth, but still...

alex x, you made me LOL! Hysterical!

He looked much better as a kid than he does now.

Dartower, I agree! I thought when they started flashing pix of Chad as a little boy, we were gonna see a freaky kid. Too fat, too something or other, anything that might have made him a target. But he looked sweet and adorable. All the photos had him dressed in suit and tie, which might have been a problem with bullies, but he looked cute.

Edited by sleekandchic, Aug 7, 2008 @ 12:22 AM.

Dartower

Dartower

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 12:10 AM

Still not crazy about Chad but think I get him more. Think he's socially awkward and basically still that skinny teen boy we saw in the pics and he tries to cover it with what he thinks is a cool look (that isn't)

He looked much better as a kid than he does now.