Law Run-Ins On Reality Shows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6 replies to this topic

AArnett

AArnett

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 12:41 PM

I have seen reality shows where an individual cast member was arrested while on the show, where the entire cast was questioned by police (Albeit pehaps fake police) on reality shows, and reality shows ran/produced/hosted by people who recently got out of prison and/or charged with crimes, but my questions are this:

Has there ever been a competitive or candid reality show (Or, any kind of reality show for that matter) where an entire cast was arrested (Meaning, handcuffed, jailed, and charged) during the filming of the series/show (Example: A drug raid during a party on the show gets everybody in involved with the show arrested.)? If yes: What show and when? If no: What's the closest thing you've ever seen to it, and on what show and when?

That would be the ultimate thing I would love to see ever happen in a competitive reality show: The entire cast getting arrested during the filming of the show, and the special "In Jail Episode"? That might show a good real risk of involvement with reality shows and the famewhore type that tries out for them.

Also, of the reality shows on the air now or recently on the air, which one would you think such an incident would be most likely to happen?

Edited by AArnett, Apr 22, 2006 @ 1:23 PM.

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 1:01 PM

I can't think of one off-hand.

However, do you remember Big Brother 2 (I believe), where Justin and Krista (the Nyquil drinker) were imbibing that evening (what else is new in the BB house)?

Justin took her into the kitchen, and she ended up on the table. He stuck a carving knife to her neck, and she was giggling like a nut. A day later, he was gone from the Big Brother House. If you watched TV, no biggie, but the people typing the incident out onto the live feeds and the later discussions were unbelievable.

You know, AArnett I could see something like you suggest happening on the Surreal Life. Keep watching!

Edited by Corcat, Apr 22, 2006 @ 1:01 PM.

badassspike

badassspike

Posted Apr 24, 2006 @ 11:11 AM

I totally remember reading about BB2 and seeing Julie Chen interview Justin. Justin was acting all innocent.

I came here to add where cops show up during confrontations on the tv show Cheaters. Like how the camera crew can't film somewhere or when Joey Greco got stabbed. I remember where this woman set a little bonfire of her ex boyfriend's stuff on her lawn and the cops showed up.

AArnett

AArnett

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2006 @ 12:01 AM

I remember the BB2 Incident. As far as Cheaters go, perhaps the crew should handcuff the cheater and put him in the back of a car (and perhaps the third person as well) while the accuser yells at the cheater: That'll protect the crew and REALLY make the cheater squirm.

What I was thinking off is a casting reality show like Real World or perhaps a competitive reality show like Big Brother. Or, perhaps a lower-budget reality show like the ones we see on cable networks like MTV, VH1, and small reality shows like perhaps Unaminious. And wonder: Is it possible to see an entire cast get arrested (and perhaps even along with host, boss, producers, or whoever else is associated with the show) on a reality show, and if so, which type would be most likely.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Real World seem like a show where the entire cast could be arrested? I know individual cast members have been arrested while on that show several times. Given the towns don't see to get along with RW cast members anyway, and the partying they do, and the type of people that tends to get cast on that show, I could DEFINITELY see police raiding a RW house and arresting the entire cast and sending them to jail. Could that ever happen?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, when I was following this show, didn't MTV have a reality show called "Ozzfest" (or something like that: I recall Sharon Osborne as the boss.) that had the entire cast still in the game at that point questioned by police (albeit not quite arrested) during one of the episodes of that show?

Edited by AArnett, Apr 25, 2006 @ 12:14 AM.

RandomWatcher

RandomWatcher

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2006 @ 2:54 AM

I think it was Real World: San Diego(?), though I could be wrong, where at least two of the cast got arrested on the same night.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2006 @ 5:41 PM

Later, Justin got caught in an E-Bay scam where he pretended to put four engines up for sale, and apparently didn't cover his tracks too well as all four buyers were able to track him down and press charges. The full story is in the wonderful Reality TV Hall of Shame.

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2006 @ 8:15 PM

Later, Justin got caught in an E-Bay scam where he pretended to put four engines up for sale, and apparently didn't cover his tracks too well as all four buyers were able to track him down and press charges

What a maroon. I know he was found in a gutter after he was evicted from the show with a tooth knocked out. Yep, got drunk, started a fight, and you guessed it--lost.

Off Topic: It never happened, but I wished that they arrested the cast of Paradise Island--Amy, Amy's dorky BF, Toni, Charla, Dave, the whole lot of them.

Yahtzee! Game ON in the Big House!