Friends in the Media: The Geller Yeller

• Please log in to reply

71 replies to this topic

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2006 @ 11:12 PM

The show's been gone two years and it's still making news - The One with the Tossed Lawsuit

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 4:09 PM

Bump

Dahling

Dahling

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 8:32 PM

Natchou, thanks for posting that link to the article (in the other thread)...it is long, but well worth it. From the article:

In most of the previous five-act negotiations with the Friends
cast, David Schwimmer had played the Hamlet role, always unsure,
expressing reservations about going on with the show, about staying
too long, about needing to do other things in his career. In general,
the most amenable stars were Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston.
That’s what Graboff expected to encounter again.

This time it was just the opposite. Schwimmer—whose forays
into “other things in his career” had mostly fizzled—was happily on
board early. Cox, on the other hand, was instantly resistant. Graboff
and Zucker could not quite grasp what her objections were; she
seemed to be trying to be difficult for the sake of being difficult. But
it seemed resolvable.

I wonder if Courtney Cox's reluctance to do the 10th season had to do with her fertility issues.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2006 @ 3:07 PM

The June 6-11 TV Guide has a humerous article suggesting some spinoff of Current TV shows like a Will & Grace spinoff called Booze & Hissies for Jack and Karen. For Joey, they suggest a spinoff called Friends:

Matt LeBlanc's Joey moves back to New York, where he runs into an effete old roomie, his clean-freak new bride, a ditzy mystic, a slutty fashion exec and the rageaholic paleontologist who got her pregnant. This one might be a stretch.

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2006 @ 3:09 PM

Rachel wasn't slutty. And I don't know about the effete old roomie thing. Other than that, funny.

guinevere34

guinevere34

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2006 @ 3:15 PM

Matt LeBlanc's Joey moves back to New York, where he runs into an effete old roomie, his clean-freak new bride, a ditzy mystic, a slutty fashion exec and the rageaholic paleontologist who got her pregnant. This one might be a stretch.

That's a great concept. I would totally watch that show.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2006 @ 10:19 PM

Aniston: 'Friends' Reunion Sounds Good

Erik B

Erik B

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2006 @ 10:55 PM

A Thanksgiving reunion episode could be interesting.

Morning Angel

Morning Angel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2006 @ 9:33 PM

Aniston: 'Friends' Reunion Sounds Good

I'm surprised she would be game for it. I think a Thanksgiving episode would be fantastic. I doubt though we will see this anytime soon, if ever.

Ashley4

Ashley4

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2006 @ 9:26 PM

I doubt though we will see this anytime soon, if ever.

I don't know about that.... I think all 6 of the Friends probably need the money right now. They all thought (especially JA) that they could leave Friends and become BIG-TIME movie stars, sitcom stars, producers, etc and that really hasn't happened for any of them.

It's seems funny to me because I can remember reading an article/interview that JA had done right after the Friends finale that said she would never do a reunion show because she thought the show left on a good note and that it would be kinda tacky (I don't think she used that word, but something like it). Now she's not doing so good in the movie business (besides The Break-Up, but she had Vince Vaughn help with that) and now she says that a reunion show may not be a bad idea which, to me, kinda sounds like "I need the money."

Just my opinion... and I would love to see a reunion show, especially a Thanksgiving one.

Edited by Ashley4, Jul 23, 2006 @ 9:29 PM.

SpchProf

SpchProf

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2006 @ 9:46 PM

I don't know about that.... I think all 6 of the Friends probably need the money right now.

Considering they were making $1 million an episode the last 3 or 4 years the series was on, I seriously doubt any of them are going to be hurting for money anytime soon.

mondlerlove

mondlerlove

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 8:08 AM

Also I read somewhere that they each get $7 million a year for syndication so they definitely don't need the money.

Ashley4

Ashley4

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 9:55 AM

OKAY... maybe they don't need the money right now, but they might (just might) feel a little left out of the limelight (excluding JA since she is on the cover of most magazine's every week).

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 11:40 AM

Matthew Perry should be pretty busy with Studio 60. I don't know how eager he would be to do a Friends reunion at this point. And Matt LeBlanc might not be willing revisit the Joey character so soon after his show tanked.

english toffee

english toffee

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 12:10 PM

How will they EVER need money unless they blow it all MC Hammer style? I just read some very reputable magazine (Life & Style? lol) where they claimed Jennifer Aniston was worth $120 million. They made $1 million PER EPISODE while the show aired, didn't they.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jul 25, 2006 @ 10:22 AM

Season 1 will be available on iTunes for $27.99, but I don't think this is much of a bargain, because you can buy the superior quality DVDs for not much more money.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2006 @ 1:16 PM

Courteney Cox not opposed to Friends reunion

Reny Sue

Reny Sue

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2006 @ 6:55 AM

*squeeee* That would be awesome if they all wanted to do it. Hopefully since the writers have had a couple of years away from the characters they won't be as stale. The first eight seasons were great, but the last two not so great.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2006 @ 7:19 AM

Kudrow's Comeback: "We Don't Feel Done"

TVGuide.com: I always wondered, was Valerie's fixation on her hair in any way a wink at all the fuss made over Jennifer Aniston's "the Rachel" hairdo on Friends?
Kudrow: No-o-o! Oh my god, no. No. Valerie was making a big deal out of her hairstyle, which was done like 15 years ago — or more!

TVGuide.com: And then Madonna went on to steal it!
Kudrow: Did you notice that?! That was extraordinary. I figured her hair guy was a big Comeback fan.

TVGuide.com: Perception-wise, is Phoebe a harder character for an actor to put behind them, versus some of the other Friends? Phoebe and Joey were the broader of the bunch.
Kudrow: That depends on who you talk to. I thought the characters were kind of broad, but then I meet people who'd say, "My best friend is exactly like Phoebe!" If I wanted to go back and be on an ensemble, four-camera, live-audience, brightly lit network show, then yeah, getting past me not being Phoebe would be really tricky. [But doing Friends] was nothing but a plus, for obvious reasons. It gave me the opportunity to do smaller independent films that are interesting, and that's why I got 13 episodes of The Comeback in the first place.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2006 @ 11:46 AM

Courteney Cox Talks Therapy

The Time of Her Life

Friends, 20 Years Later? - In a LIFE.com exclusive, Courteney Cox Arquette predicts the fates of Monica and her pals

Edited by LizDC, Aug 11, 2006 @ 1:55 PM.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2006 @ 1:12 PM

Matt LeBlanc's Unfriendly Defamation Suit

I hate Mondays

I hate Mondays

Stalker

Posted Aug 30, 2006 @ 11:26 AM

Courteney Cox not opposed to Friends reunion

Lisa Kudrow apparently doesn't believe that and called it a rumor. She said so herself on the red carpet when Ryan Seacrest read her an emailed question sent by a fan asking about a possible Friends reunion. She told him that she doesn't believe Courteney and/or Jennifer would really say that.

Edited by I hate Mondays, Aug 30, 2006 @ 11:28 AM.

Mennym

Mennym

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2006 @ 6:56 AM

I just read the article where Courtney Cox predicts the future of the characters. I wish I hadn't! I know it's silly but I would expect someone who spent 10 yrs playing a character that interacted with 5 other characters to remember things about the characters! I think I'd rather go on treating the Friends like characters from a novel and stop expecting the actors who played them to know anything about them!

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2006 @ 12:10 PM

Courteney Cox Dishes 'Dirt' On 'Friends' Reunion

Hansen

Hansen

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 31, 2007 @ 4:33 PM

An animated interpretation of the intro to the very first episode.

henrysmom

henrysmom

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2007 @ 9:57 AM

I'm hoping this is the best place to ask this. I was reading this article:

http://news.independ...icle2864182.ece

and was wondering if any British viewers say the Mastermind program mentioned. The article mentioned the person choosing Jennifer Anniston as their topic failed miserably, and I was wondering what kind of questions this program asked about her.

Dahling

Dahling

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2007 @ 10:32 AM

Matt LeBlanc's former manager sues him for $1 Million.

cp1333

cp1333

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2007 @ 11:11 AM

The article didn't say when she stopped as his manager. Has he done anything since Joey?

Halloween Mojo

Halloween Mojo

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2007 @ 2:01 PM

I have to admit that Matt looked pretty hot in the picture that accompanied the blurb in my paper.

I've never found him attractive before, but the goatee looks good on him. Has anyone seen the picture? Is it recent?

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2007 @ 12:39 PM

And from the "Not a Surprise At All" category - Schwimmer Rules Out Friends Reunion