Worst Decision in Survivor History?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

130 replies to this topic

benthorot

benthorot

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 20, 2006 @ 3:41 PM

Miss Alli said Lex choosing Amber over Jerri in ASS, but my money is still on Colby picking Tina over Keith to go to F2. Other candidates?

Outlast

Outlast

Fanatic

• Interests:Survivor<br />Big Brother<br />Amazing Race<br />Star Trek<br />Reading<br />Playing games

Posted Apr 20, 2006 @ 8:30 PM

…I made this list right after S11

Stupidest Things Ever Done in the History of Survivor

41. Sook Jai’s multiple game violations in Thailand (Robb choking Clay, half the tribe being disqualified…etc.)

40. Twila refuses to apologize to Eliza and loses her jury vote

39. Master Brian and the rest vote of Chuay Ghan vote off the annoying John instead of challenge (and eventually camp) problem Ghandia.

38. Janu quits

37. Jonathan and Stephanie jump off the boat in Palau

36. Rupert Boneham attempts to build an underground shelter on a beach

35. Brian Heidik loses a reward challenge because he couldn't spell "Road Trip"

34. Osten signs up for Survivor (when he apparently can't swim and fears pelicans and anything else that moves)

33. Osten sells his clothes

32. Butch Lockley accidentally burns down the campsite

31. Gabriel Cade fails to join the Rotu 4 and announces that he's "not there to play the game"

30. Kelly Wiglesworth changes her vote from Rich to Sue

29. Neleh Dennis feels guilty that she didn't bring any food back from reward so she offers the other tribe members a tiny mint from her mouth

28. After Brandon unfathomably votes for Kelly instead of Lex (see below) the Samburus lose any remaining hope of success by booting Brandon instead of Tom

27. Sean Kenniff declines to join the Tagi alliance

26. The Pagongs realize that Tagi has an alliance and that they plan on booting them one by one, but they STILL vote for one of their own members! (I mean we all know Jenna Lewis is annoying, but still)

25. Brandon votes for Kelly instead of Lex(His tribe could have gained control of the game!)

24. Jenna Morasca gives her immunity to Heidi

23. Kelly Wigglesworth leaves the Tagi alliance (Why would anybody throw away a guaranteed Final 4 spot?)

22. Sean Kenniff unleashes his infamous "alphabet strategy"

21. Jenna Lewis fails to force a tie in All-Stars and loses her shot at the Million (like she could beat Boston Rob or even Amber in any kind of challenge)

20. Morgans shopping at the village (Failing to spend all their money, selling their clothes, letting Rupert steal shoes, etc.)

19. Cindy chooses to keep the car she won instead of giving cars to her four fellow castaways (who vote her off the following night.)

18. Amber Brkich attributes her success to luck in her jury speech

17. Neleh Dennis tells the jury that she didn't start playing the game until day 26

16. Rupert Boneham decides to form an alliance with Jenna L and Jerri (two known backstabbers) instead of (perceived) strait shooters Ethan and Tina. (for a Rupert type player to win he must be completely surrounded by honest people who will willingly lay down their (game) lives for him.)

15. Tambaki votes off Jeanne instead of Heidi when they KNEW Heidi had a strong alliance and Jeanne was alone

14. Kathy takes Neleh's advice and checked to see if her boob was hanging out thus losing her balance and one million dollars

13. Mark Burnett after phoning Colleen, Elizabeth, Kim P, Lindsey, Tonya, Penny, Heidi, Shawna, Christy, Christa, Darrah and Tijauna and being turned down on that last All-Stars spot, decides "What the hell, I'll call that silent chick who nobody remembers from season2.

12. Burton takes Jonny Fairplay on his Final Five reward thus giving the girls a chance to "talk” (thus proving that a date with Jonny Fairplay can cost you a million dollars. Was he worth it Burton?)

11. Big Tom, Rupert and Jenna L fail to vote off Amber at 5 in All-Stars

10. Rafe releases Danni from her promise to take him to the finals

9. Ian jumps off the buoy in Palau

8. Drake throws the immunity challenge

7. Alex tells Rob than he plans on voting for him when they reach the Final 4

6. The Rotu 4 reveal the pecking order

5. The Mogo Morons boot Rich, Colby, and Ethan over Jerri

4. Lopevi Men vote out John Kenney instead of Julie Berry

3. Kimmi tells Ogakor that Jeff Varner has a vote against him. Thus dooming Jeff and all of Kucha.

2. The Mogo Morons boot Jerri instead of Amber

1. Colby takes Tina to the Final 2 instead of Keith...the stupidest thing ever done in the history of Survivor

Deuce5000

Deuce5000

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 21, 2006 @ 8:52 AM

4. Lopevi Men vote out John Kenney instead of Julie Berry

John Kenney was going to turn on the older men and band with the women if he made the merge. The dumb decision was for the older men to allow the tribe to become so divided and kick off a more capable Brady before John K. Once the crappiest switched that ever switched occurred, they couldn't recover.

I have a feeling this thread will be moved to "Creative Quests."

Eponah

Eponah

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2006 @ 12:08 PM

Kucha votes for Colby instead of Jerri at the first post-merge final counsel (thinking colby had a vote against him?), thus allowing Ogakor to boot Jeff Varner, who had a vote against him and Colby did not.

BeingNicer

BeingNicer

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 12:28 AM

Richard not paying his taxs. Dumbest thing ever.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 10:27 AM

Eponah took my original one, so...

Steph & Rafe booting Lydia at F4 instead of Danni.

Outlast

Outlast

Fanatic

• Interests:Survivor<br />Big Brother<br />Amazing Race<br />Star Trek<br />Reading<br />Playing games

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 3:29 PM

Steph & Rafe booting Lydia at F4 instead of Danni.

Good one Chipmunk! I should add that one to my list. OH, my sweet stupid Rafe...

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 3:34 PM

Good one Chipmunk! I should add that one to my list. OH, my sweet stupid Rafe...

Thank you, Outlast.

Another would be booting Jolanda in the first episode of Palau, instead of a weaker member, such as Kim. Same goes for Yaxha booting Blake instead of Amy or Brian. Just because someone gets on your nerves, doesn't mean get rid of them! You need numbers going into the merge, & both of those tribes were screwed come merge time.

ETA Christy being indecisive & arrogant about being the swing vote, thus ensuring everyone minus Butch to cut her out.

Edited by FlippinChipmunk, Apr 22, 2006 @ 4:40 PM.

Outlast

Outlast

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 6:45 PM

Ulong may well be the LEAST strategic tribe in Survivor history! I could probably devote an entire list just to their strategic blunders!

Off the top of my head…

1. booting Jolanda instead of any of their weaker females
2. Stephenie forcing 2 or 3 ties (I can’t remember which right now) for no apparent reason (other than simple stupidity)
3. Bobby Jon boots Ibrehem over Stephenie (okay maybe that’s just my opinion)
4. voting Jeff (ankle boy) and Ashley off over lazy Kim
5. letting Bobby Jon lead a PUZZLE challenge (granted Stephenie and Ibrehem wouldn’t have done much better)

…I’m sure there’s more I just can’t think of them now.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 10:51 PM

I came up with some more!

Nicole pointlessly targeting Tijuana because she didn't like her, instead of going with the flow of booting Ryan S. Nicole didn't even vote for Tijuana after all!

Morgan refusing to get rid of Osten, despite his constant whining & the fact that he hadn't helped them win any challenge. If anything, he had made them lose.

Jim5944

Jim5944

Posted Apr 23, 2006 @ 6:41 PM

Morgan refusing to get rid of Osten, despite his constant whining & the fact that he hadn't helped them win any challenge. If anything, he had made them lose.

Did he make them lose any challenges Lillian or Ryan Shoulders would have won?

I think they were outstacked from the beginning. They would have gone into the merge at no numbers with or without Osten if not for Drake throwing the challenge in episode 4. That was one of the worst decisions, in my opinion.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2006 @ 10:27 PM

Well, there was the RC in which Osten almost drowned. And he was one of the first out in the IC where they had the weight on their shoulders. My main point was that Andrew Savage was always saying how they needed Osten for his strength, but he never really contributed much at all.

Jim5944

Jim5944

Posted Apr 24, 2006 @ 3:07 AM

Well, there was the RC in which Osten almost drowned. And he was one of the first out in the IC where they had the weight on their shoulders.

Osten never helped in any challenges, but Ryan also sucked at water challenges and Lillian was...just there. I couldn't stand Osten but I don't think Morgan suffered by keeping him around. He was probably more loyal to the big alliance than Ryan or Lil would have been. I guess they could have kept Lillian and she would have been loyal to Andrew at the merge (instead of coming back and being bitter), but they had no way of knowing about the stupid outcast twist.

Retail Queen

Retail Queen

Fanatic

• Interests:watching tv, sports, and movies, reading, ping pong, bowling, basketball<br /><br />Favorite Shows: Lost, Survivor, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Weeds

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 2:53 PM

Here are my favorites:

Marquesas: Kathy voting out Sean when he promised her F2. He stated in post show interviews he definitely would've stuck with her, and she could've beaten him or Vecepia most likely.

Australia: Rodger, Elisabeth, Nick and Amber not turning the tables on Tina, Colby, and Keith after Amber suggested it (although not shown on tv).

pitchnduel

pitchnduel

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2006 @ 9:54 PM

You forgot about:

America voting to give Rupert $1 million.

Edited by pitchnduel, May 4, 2006 @ 9:57 PM.

growsonwalls

growsonwalls

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 3:00 PM

How about: Rich grinding Sue with his parts, thus turning him from a semi-likable guy to a disgusting jerk.

Shii-Ann running to join an alliance with the other tribe before Jeff officially announced the merge.

Paschal being so loyal to Neleh that he refuses to break the tie, thus giving himself the infamous Purple Rock of Death.

Kathy falling for Neleh's "Your boobs are popping out" trick at the final immunity challenge. Man that Neleh was a manipulator.

Edited by growsonwalls, May 5, 2006 @ 3:06 PM.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2006 @ 6:30 AM

To be fair to two parties:

Kathy was falling out of her shirt. Neleh wasn't lying about that.

And ShiiAnn was the loner of her tribe. Jumping tribes was the smart thing to do. And they were all living on one beach...

benthorot

benthorot

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2006 @ 2:15 AM

How bout: Kathy worrying about falling out of her shirt when it was gonna be blurred, it was dark, and she was playing for a million dollars?

Neleh's smartest comment ever. Not saying much...

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 9:36 AM

24. Jenna Morasca gives her immunity to Heidi

Why was this a bad decision? Jenna still won. I can't remember exactly, but after this happened, did someone get booted that was not so much of a waste of space as Heidi?

Bad decision: Stephanie sleeping on the beach in Thailand. I know she was sick, but that didn't help her cause. Also bad: The original Rohbfahther tribe voting out Hunter, and then Kathy not keeping Gina around after the switch.

svarlo

svarlo

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 10:22 AM

did someone get booted that was not so much of a waste of space as Heidi?

Christy was booted.

Kathy not keeping Gina around after the switch.

But she didn't really have a choice. Paschal/Neleh weren't going to vote against each other and Gina was the only other option. It would have been good to keep Gina around in the long run, but there wasn't anything that could be done, really.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 10:32 AM

Oh.

I was practically the only person who hated Kathy from the beginning of Marquesas, so too bad Neleh and Pappy couldn't have turned on Kathy. I know it would never have happened, but somehow I don't think Neleh is the sweet little girl she thought she was portraying. Ah well, Friday morning Quarterbacking never did get me anywhere.

Outlast

Outlast

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 5:44 PM

Jenna giving her immunity to Heidi WAS a horrible idea and it should've gotten her booted right then and there (if only Rob C had big thinking with his bigger head!).

Clint Barton

Clint Barton

Posted May 13, 2006 @ 1:51 AM

Jenna giving her immunity to Heidi was dumb in the short term, smart in the long term. They knew Christy was going, because she was wishy-washy. Jenna giving Heidi the immunity made her look to the jury like she was charitable and like a true friend, whether she really was or not.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2006 @ 11:28 PM

Now that Season 12 is done, here are some things I have compiled...

Ruth Marie & Tina not trying to boot Melinda or Cirie the first episode. Yes, Tina voted for Cirie, but it doesn't seem like she tried to make any deals. Part of that was due to isolating herself. Which brings me to...

Tina isolating herself. She really should have waited until S13 or S14 to go. But hindsight is 20/20.

Aras revealing his alliance with Courtney, Danielle, & Shane to Cirie & Melinda. Not that they didn't probably already know.

Nick & Austin joining with Very Pale Dan & Terry to vote off Misty, when they could have voted off Ruth Marie. That way they could say they were still aligned with them, but they felt it was in their best interest to get rid of the weaker Ruth Marie.

Sally losing the spear.

Nick, The Machete, & Bruce's Face. Enough said.

Everything "strategic" that Terry tried to do.

Austin revealing he threw the IC. Granted, he probably would have still be voted off next, but that was really dumb.

I really can't think of anymore, really. For the most part, nobody made any totally dumb moves. And the times they did make dumb moves, it didn't really screw them. They screwed someone else.

svarlo

svarlo

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2006 @ 10:09 PM

What about Bobby drinking an entire bottle of the tribe's wine, when he was already on the outside? He let his bitterness totally sink every chance he had.

timreyn

timreyn

Channel Surfer

Posted May 28, 2006 @ 10:44 PM

Well, there was the RC in which Osten almost drowned. And he was one of the first out in the IC where they had the weight on their shoulders.

Osten never helped in any challenges, but Ryan also sucked at water challenges and Lillian was...just there. I couldn't stand Osten but I don't think Morgan suffered by keeping him around. He was probably more loyal to the big alliance than Ryan or Lil would have been. I guess they could have kept Lillian and she would have been loyal to Andrew at the merge (instead of coming back and being bitter), but they had no way of knowing about the stupid outcast twist.

Maybe Ryan S. or Lil might not have gone out to the water in the first place. They might have realized that swimming wasn't their forte, and therefore not attempted it. Osten knows damn well he can't swim, so why did he even try? See, Ryan S. and Lil might not have helped Morgan, but Osten just plain slowed them down, and really was the reason they lost that challenge.

I'd vote for Lex + crew voting off Jerri when they did, since that just made Rob feel like the game revolved around him. Or maybe someone at CBS' decisions not to give permanent subtitles to Big Tom, Darrah, and a few others I can't think of now. Or maybe Shane abruptly quitting smoking.

Gentian root

Gentian root

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2006 @ 1:19 PM

Burnett et al giving Bobby Jon and QueenStephenie a 2nd bite at the apple. If anyone from Palau deserved to come back for Guatemala, it was Wanda and Jonathan, who never really had a chance to compete (although at the time, I cheered when her lame singing ass was booted).

joem

joem

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2006 @ 2:30 PM

Maybe Ryan S. or Lil might not have gone out to the water in the first place. They might have realized that swimming wasn't their forte, and therefore not attempted it.

In the RC where Ryan S. couldn't dive down to get the things off the sea bed, Lil did quite well. She was the only member of Morgan to both get the item, and put it in the treasure chest.

Cremaster

Cremaster

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2006 @ 9:16 AM

I will never understand why no one from All-Star plotted to vote off Rob and Amber. It would have been so easy. It was mentioned a couple of times, but never seriously discussed.
How did Rob manage to charm each and every one of them?

Jedzz

Jedzz

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2006 @ 11:27 AM

I believe a major part of Rob & Amber's run to the end had to do with every Chaperan believing he or she had a F3 or 4 deal with the pair, and no one had the reason or the intellectual curiosity to believe otherwise.