The Game

• Please log in to reply

1430 replies to this topic

anonymiss

anonymiss

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 12:30 AM

Can they just bring back the old show, please. It felt so good for a minute with the chemistry of some of the original cast.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 10:36 AM

Brandy brought it last night, as I was really feeling for Chardonnay.  I thought she was going to kick Kelly's ass at one point.  And I liked that while Jason did make out with Kelly for a second, you knew the whole time they were talking he kept thinking of Char.

Brittany looks great, much better than when she left the first time.

Way to show loyalty to Char, Tasha!

Keira is so pathetic I just can't anymore....bitch had my pressure going up, this ain't I Love Lucy trick!  I wish she and Blue would get together and move the fuck off the show.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 6:15 PM

Why does Kiera have to keep begging? Every other episode she's begging for this dude. It's pathetic. Is this how the writers think women should behave to get their man? Any woman with a bit of respect for herself would have been done after she watched him dicking down the next chick in the toilet.

IWalkAlone

IWalkAlone

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 8:47 PM

While I've grown to enjoy Char I was hoping Kelly would stick around for a while. I didn't appreciate her character until they got rid of her.

I'm so glad the writers didn't have Kelly really sleep with that guy. I was appalled when she first said it and I was hoping she was only joking!

luckyroll3

luckyroll3

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 4:43 AM

Was Kelly only back for one episode?  I feel so duped if that is the case.  She is the only reason I came back for this season, as this show has been quite the mess. 

On a totally shallow note, does anyone know where that red leather dress Kelly wore to the prom party is from?  That dress was sick!

Edited by luckyroll3, Mar 20, 2014 @ 4:45 AM.

Friscosgirl

Friscosgirl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 5:47 AM

It seems that Brittany Daniel left in 2011 due to a cancer diagnosis.

Regarding Brittany's run on the show this season, BET is intimating (but not flat-out confirming) that she's back for more than one episode. I hope that she's here for awhile. I like what Brandy has added to the cast but Keira and Blue bore me. And as someone upthread indicated, it was so nice to have some of the original cast together for a minute.

But, really? Tasha pregnant? I guess this is what I get for coming back to the show and seeing what I missed.

Edited by Friscosgirl, Mar 20, 2014 @ 5:48 AM.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 2:14 PM

(Vixenstud extracts foot from big mouth!)

So that's why she had the butch cut the last time I saw her!

Meedis

Meedis

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 10:48 AM

Wendy Raquel Robinson was on some morning talk show that was playing while I was getting my car serviced yesterday.    She mentioned that The Game would be back for both a Season 7 and Season 8 due to huge fan support.   I gave up on the show a long while back but hearing about the future status of The Game caught my attention.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 12:30 PM

Wow. I actually kick myself now because I was one of those rabid fans that went hard for the show to cone back after it was dropped by UPN (?). I guess its true to be careful what you wish for because what they have given me on BET is a shell of the show I begged for.

Remember when Tasha worked? When the guys actually played some football? How about a Sunbeam meeting? And while we're at it, I could use the old BritBrat back. Not this fast ass chick that's on now.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2014 @ 11:51 AM

Next week's eppy got me preparing my guac and chips early, looks to be on FIYAH!

GeminiSoul

GeminiSoul

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 7:19 PM

All I gotta say is that they ruined the character of Tasha Mack. Why do the actors not talk to writers of the show ?! They were so much better than this.

ceelovejay

ceelovejay

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 8:43 AM

What happened to this show? With the exception of the Chardonnay-Jason relationship, I'm not vested in any of these characters anymore. That whole "intervention" was a fucking joke. I will admit that I liked her father in this episode. But Jason should have known that Kelly would have told Tasha about him staying in her room that night. I suspect Kelly also said they didn't do anything and Tasha knows that but she had to get back at Jason for confronting her about getting his wife caught up in her love triangle.

And I liked that while Jason did make out with Kelly for a second, you knew the whole time they were talking he kept thinking of Char.

Was he really though? If he was, he would have rolled up out of that hotel room a whole hell of a lot earlier than 4 in the morning. And then actually wrecking his car instead of telling the truth? smh That's why I can't with this show.

After7Only

After7Only

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 3:45 PM

What happened to this show? With the exception of the Chardonnay-Jason relationship, I'm not vested in any of these characters anymore

Exactly!  When Blue and Dimples stood up to 'announce' they were back together again, and everyone's reaction was.....so, who cares?  It was exactly what I was feeeling.  They can go... anytime.  I rather see TT with a storyline than them. 

Still holding out for the Char vs Kelly confrontation.   Think I like where they're going with Malik maturing and growing, and hope that Pookie is the baby daddy, if only to see Rockmon Dunbar again... Otherwise this season is going downhill fast. 

Gata

Gata

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 5:06 PM

if only to see Rockmon Dunbar again

@after7

Rockmon can be seen on Sunday nights on the Mentalist.  I don't know how long his gig will last on that show, but he has at least 3-5 minutes each episode.

About the Game - I gave up a long time ago, when Tasha was cheating on Pookie with Rick, I just didn't like it, nor do I like ghetto acting characters on any show, so that is another reason I gave up on this show (I never was vested in the show on UPN, but I watched occasionally the last thing I remember from there was Jason using steroids and being cheap). 

I absolutely don't like Tasha Mack at all.  My favorite was Malik for his swag and Jason & TT just because.  I didn't even really care for Derwin and Melanie either they were boring to me, but again, I didn't really start watching until BET.

GeminiSoul

GeminiSoul

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 8:03 PM

I would never understand why Kelly would tell Tasha anything. Being that Tasha was the reason why Jason moved on with Camille. I know they became cool again but I for damn sure wouldn't trust her with anything. Tasha is getting more ridiculous anyway yes they need that crazy ass of hers to calm her down. She isn't a friend to Chardonnay so I don't even know why she expected anymore loyalty out of her on how she treated her since this Rick/Pookie thing started & especially how fraudulent she acted when Kelly came back. So that whole intervention was probably a result of all that. And hell yeah she needed it. And as far as Malik. They do this with him ever so often. They put him in a relationship that change him for the better only for awhile and then he revert back to his old ways tired of that shit. But one thing I can say about Malik. When he's in a serious relationship, he's the most sweetest & most faithful out of all the guys on the show. Blue & Kiera ? ..... Childish ass relationship and it's not entertaining.

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 8:07 PM

About the Game - I gave up a long time ago, when Tasha was cheating on Pookie with Rick, I just didn't like it

Ditto. I really started getting into the show with the first Derwin/Melanie drama with Drew Sidora. I came to dig the show for the most part even though I didn't really like any of the characters that much...but they worked well together. I knew things would change when BET took over (Tasha said "bitch" every other sentence at UPN, and BET generally isn't having it with that word lol), but I didn't think the whole  tone of the show would change.

Last really good moment of the show for me was when it was still at UPN; the episode when Jason and Kelly are negotiating the terms of their divorce. When Kelly dropped the steroid bomb I literally was shouting "Ohhhh, shit!" at my TV for at least 5 minutes.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 3:10 PM

Sigh.

When Blue and Dimples stood up to 'announce' they were back together again, and everyone's reaction was.....so, who cares?  It was exactly what I was feeeling.  They can go... anytime.

Loved the fact that no one gave a bluedilly fuck and just like that, next scene.

The only two scenes worth a damn was Tasha telling Char about Jason/Kelly and Tasha's talk with her father at the end (Richard E. Gant  always brings the good stuff, love him!)

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 4:35 PM

The only scene I loved was Chardonnay/Tasha fighting then making up....Brandy is really impressing me in this role.

Coby Bell can sing?  He was pretty good.

Producers, STOP IT!  Nothing, I mean nothing will ever get me on the muhfuckin Blue/Keira train, I wish they would give it up.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 11:42 PM

What a stupid storyline, I was disappointed in Char with the revenge kiss.  How is not telling someone something lying? 

Looks like next week will be good re: Kelly/Brit-Brat....you always saw her anger/ungratefulness with Jason, I was wondering when Kelly would get it.

Cocoadiva

Cocoadiva

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 8:33 AM

I guess it's a good thing Jason didnt sleep with Kelly, because then Chardonnay would have to find random penis in the club? Still do not care about Blue and Keira. Hey Kiera, if the condo is all you have that's yours how about you just rent it while you live with Blue?

The only way I can watch this now is on dvr with my finger firmly on the fast forward button.

Friscosgirl

Friscosgirl

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 3:26 PM

I only made it to the halfway point of this episode, so grain of salt and all that, but this thing with Char and Jason is just dumb and I like them. It's Blue/Keira level stupid. Like, I get it: He initiated intimate contact with his ex and lied by ommission about it. Okay. But how is getting some random lip action going to be a satisfactory response? Kelly is Jason's ex-wife and mother of his child; how does that compare to some rando at a club?

Kelly and Brittany, though? Yes, please!