The Game

• Please log in to reply

1430 replies to this topic

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

Rockmond Dunbar as Pookie I like that casting, too bad Tasha will have to pick an old friend to be her man, but it was probably always there bubbly under the surface, he was just a little to "thuggish" for her back in the day, when she was still hot.

They brought back Pookie from Richmond?! Lord, I might have to start watching this mess again lol. Was he wearing a cardigan like last time?

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

And she wants Tasha to be the surrogate? The woman who drinks and smokes weed and is clearly too old? Maaaaaan, this show.

Of all the foolishness this season has been...that right there was the breaking point for me. Tasha is to damn old to be a surrogate, drinks like a fish and from the stupid scene from last season goes crazy without her weed. I used to love this show, now it's painful to watch..but still I do. SMH

And when did Tasha become a hoe?? Now she has a list of 100000 men she's slept with??

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

How is it Derwin can fix his face to say Janay is living off his child support checks?? When he first met Janay didn't she have her own boutique and her parents were pretty well off too? Now suddenly Derwin makes her out to be a baby momma who just lucked up to a baller.

I would go on more but I have to take a cold shower...Pookie from Richmond is back and shirtless. Rockmond Dunbar is a fine piece of manmeat.

Nanrad

Nanrad

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

Brooklyn, I haven't seen the episode, actually quite a few, but last season Janae was complaining about Derwin giving her 10 stacks every 1-3 months. I don't know her cost of living, but 10,000 ain't nothing to sneeze at. So, even if she owns her own boutique and her parents are rich, her argument with Derwin at the time seem gold digger-esque. I mean, who is to say that her boutique is still open or that her parents haven't cut her off. I'm not saying that this is true or she is she a gold digger, but last season she was complaining about money when she really had no reason to.

Edit to add:

I even went as far as to do the math on it and she has even less reason to complain. If she owns her own shop, getting an additional 10,000 means she living pretty well. If mommy and daddy are giving her more money, then she has even less to complain about. Did you see her house last season??? I made a youtube video about this episode--I was so pissed off. That being said, Derwin could be wrong, but the reason I feel no sympathy for Janae is because of what she pulled last season.

Edited by Nanrad, Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:10 PM.

After7Only

After7Only

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

How is it Derwin can fix his face to say Janay is living off his child support checks?? When he first met Janay didn't she have her own boutique and her parents were pretty well off too?

When he first met her, Derwin thought she was a gold digger. She corrected him and told him her father was rich for inventing the plastic lid thingie on top of coffee cups. So yes, this whole Janay living off of his child support is a total story re-write for the new folks in charge.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:43 AM

That concerns me. It feels like th new writers can't be assed enough to do a bit of research into the characters.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

Judging by the lack of activity on this board nowadays I'm not the only one disappointed in the turn The Game has taken since the BET move.

I'm so glad they decided to move away from Tasha as surrogate. That was just silly. The whole punishment of infertility because of Melanie's abortion is just so irresponsible and preachy to me. I'm just not sure what TPTB were trying to make happen here.

questopresto

questopresto

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

I actually have hope again but not much. The Jason and Chardonnay stuff is still weird and I miss Kelly but am willing to let it slide because of the behind the scenes stuff that maybe happened. However Tasha and Melanie are friends again and a lot of the manufactured drama seems gone. Both are huge pluses. Mostly though I am willing to start watching again because of the Pookie storyline.

Tasha is my favorite and over the years I have loved every Pookie reference or cameo. I caught synopsis with him in it and went back to on demand and watched all his episodes. I loved the writing again.

But I am 100% with you on the BS abortion storyline. Now we know the writers can't research previous story lines. They are ignorant and/or don't have access to google. But It doesn't ruin the show for me because I fast forward through every Melanie Detwin scene anyway.

Edited by questopresto, May 4, 2012 @ 4:34 PM.

Sensei

Sensei

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 3:40 PM

Why do they write Melanie so crazy? I understand wanting to finish your residency (do it Melanie!), but why does it have to be at Johns Hopkins? Why not pick a hospital in San Diego, rather than one across the country? Ideally, I would love Derwin to demand a trade to Baltimore and tell Melanie "You're right. It's your turn. I want to try and make you happy and sacrifice for you for once. Let's go to Baltimore", but that won't ever happen on this show. Instead they make Melanie behave like a spoiled child. She can't have a baby with Tasha as the surrogate, so now she wants a residency and she's just as extreme about it. The residency has to be at a hospital across the country or nothing. She'll go with or without Derwin. Why so extreme? Why do I still watch this show?!?

Gata

Gata

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 5:22 PM

I don't have a problem with Melanie following her dream no matter what coast it is on. In a committed relationship, everybody wants everybody to reach their full potential. Anyway, I think Derwin is the selfish one in this instance.

While I like the Jason and Chardonnay story, I would like for Brandy to tone the character down just a tad, she is to OTT for my taste, but other than that, I like how Jason has found some modicum of love with her.

Tasha and Melanie not having beef because Tasha opted out of surrogacy was a nice touch.

Malik being afraid to fail and T.T. being the voice of reason was pretty cool too. But I have a question since I wasn't a whole series viewer, has T.T. always been the "counselor" to this gang of people.

Sensei

Sensei

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

Who is going to watch The Game next year without Tia and Pooch? I do hope they leave to go to Baltimore together so Melanie can finish her residency.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:31 PM

They may as well can the damned show. It's been going downhill for awhile now. Tia has her reality show, her book, and other projects. Pooch is doing other things as well and will hopefully do more movies since I think he's good at it.

I don't care about Tasha or Malik, Jason or Brandy. The show is dead!

ayajedi2

ayajedi2

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:14 AM

The only good thing about the last episode was Pookie!! He is too good an actor for this mess.
I have watched since the start but I am finally done with this show! The show makes no sense without Melanie and Derwin so they should just cancel the darn show. The writers and producers have done the show and the actors a disservice since the move to BET.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

I am so confused. Are they going to make Kwan Kirkland a series regular? I just--I don't know. The Game, even though it's clearly an ensemble show, seemed more about Melanie and Derwin fitting into this life that was already pretty established with Jason, Kelly, Tasha, and Malik. Without Melanie and Derwin, I feel like the show (what's left of it anyway because it's really gone downhill) has no reason to continue.

Out of obligation or what (I don't know), I've still been watchingw. And the first three minutes of this week's wpeisode with Tasha at the celibacy meeting were just so painful to watch. It was bad.

This show is not the show that I fell in love with years back. It just isn't.

Edited by fashionista79, May 16, 2012 @ 1:20 PM.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

I've been reading lots of articles since last night, and I believe that Tia (and maybe Pooch) were fired....as hyped up as they were when the show was reignited on BET, no friggin' way could Tia be so busy that she'd just leave.

At any rate, it was hard enough dealing with the loss of Brittany and having Coby on semi-regularly but with the central character(s?) leaving, I'm out. Love Wendy Raquel, but a Tasha-heavy Game would be too much.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 8:42 PM

Who is going to watch The Game next year without Tia and Pooch? I do hope they leave to go to Baltimore together so Melanie can finish her residency.

I stopped watching months ago (how many episodes was this season; it feels neverending) and I definitely won't be watching next season with this news.

Edited by tvallthetime, May 18, 2012 @ 8:43 PM.

Nanrad

Nanrad

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 1:13 AM

As sad as this sounds, I've never trusted BET. Well, in the last ten years at least. I knew they would destroy the show and to fire Tia and Pooch--you've got to be kidding me. As much as I, and other fans, love the other characters, Melanie and Derwin were the heart and soul of the show. To be honest, the show is really about them. It doesn't matter is they walked away or BET fired them, they were supposed to do everything in their power to get their main stars to stay and didn't.

Meedis

Meedis

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

I'm glad I skipped the last season and half of this dreck. If BET thinks this show can go on without the two main stars, I have a bridge in Brooklyn on sale. It may go on but they need to rename the show. Stat.

evidence

evidence

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

So The Game is going to be Tasha, Malik, part time Jason, Chardonnay, Pookie, and Tee Tee? I watch this out of habit now and hopefully BET doesn't ruin Let's Stay Together.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

I'm glad I skipped the last season and half of this dreck. If BET thinks this show can go on without the two main stars, I have a bridge in Brooklyn on sale. It may go on but they need to rename the show. Stat.

I have no idea why BET bothered to bring the show back if they were going to turn it into something else altogether. I watched the first season of the return and thought the show was "okay", but this last season really kinda sucked and I have no interest in watching the Tasha, Malik, part time Jason, Chardonnay, Pookie, and Tee Tee AT ALL.
I'm out.

Edited by Puds38, May 21, 2012 @ 3:21 PM.

Gata

Gata

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 4:33 PM

So The Game is going to be Tasha, Malik, part time Jason, Chardonnay, Pookie, and Tee Tee? I watch this out of habit now and hopefully BET doesn't ruin Let's Stay Together.

I like Malik the best out of the rest. TeeTee is cool too, but I don't know what show they will have with those characters.

My real thought was on what you said about Let's Stay Together. I really like this show, and hope they don't change it too much. Adding Kayla Pratt was good, when "Nakita" was on maternity leave, but with them both there, it's not enough of Nakita, and I liked her a lot in the inaugural season. I think Joyful Drake is too much at times, but I still like the show. I especially like how they handled Joyful's character being harassed by her boss/ex boyfriend.

There isn't much I would change about this show, but please don't minimize Kita in order to have Kayla's character.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

Maybe they should hire Tamera and then convince Pooch one more time to stay. He did say he was trying to work with them. Tamera was trying to get back into acting anyway. She wouldn't have any problem with the pay since it'll be her first season and series in a long time.

I'm totally kidding by the way, but can you imagine?

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 7:48 AM

Maybe they should hire Tamera and then convince Pooch one more time to stay. He did say he was trying to work with them. Tamera was trying to get back into acting anyway. She wouldn't have any problem with the pay since it'll be her first season and series in a long time.

I'm totally kidding by the way, but can you imagine?

Try to pass Tamara off as Tia or Melanie's long lost twin? That would be hilarious! I could totally see that crossing BET's mind: "Tia's gone? Well, God provided us a spare."

Edited by nicole8705, May 22, 2012 @ 7:49 AM.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

Try to pass Tamara off as Tia or Melanie's long lost twin? That would be hilarious! I could totally see that crossing BET's mind: "Tia's gone? Well, God provided us a spare."

It would be! And IIRC, Tamera tried out for the show first and was upstaged by Tia anyway! Tamera could revive the show. Plus she's pregnant now and will most likely be the same size as Tia is now on this season. And they can go through all that drama of her giving birth then having to go straight to Atlanta like Tia did on their reality show. Hee.

scarlet revised

scarlet revised

Video Archivist

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

Am I the only one annoyed by BET's sets for both The Game and LPT? They all look like sets or furniture showrooms. All the homes have modern clean line furniture with zero accessories to make the places look lived in. we get it. They're all rich and can afford nice stuff. However without personal details, the shows have a very sterile look.

Can't we see a cereal box on the counter, some keys, a book and magazines here and there, wedding pictures, pics of their parents, of Derwin's championships, some trophies, a teddy bear, a monopoly game box, a trinket, anything that suggest people LIVE in the spaces. These things are in every TV show's background. We don't notice them but they create credibility in the living spaces. The really good shows pay very specific attention to the details because they should be true to who the characters are. But not BET apparently. Apparently Derwin never comes home and just plops his dirty gym bag on the sofa or floor like normal men.

Compare these sets:

http://necolebitchie...-a-dna-test.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.c...10/bbt-3x03.jpg

http://www.etonline....friends_360.jpg

http://www.coiana.co...gBangTheory.jpg

I guess Melanie doesn't even use a loofah in her shower. Just one product between the two of them in their prefect pristine shower:

http://live.drjays.c...09/06/40703.jpg

Edited by scarlet revised, May 22, 2012 @ 11:12 PM.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

I agree scarlet revised. I found myself one time wishing I could keep my home as pristine as Melanie does! Hee!! I just figured she's home all day and doesn't allow mess to pile up.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 4:45 PM

Didn't see all of last night's show, why did Jason dump Chardonnay?

SheenieB

SheenieB

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

Didn't see all of last night's show, why did Jason dump Chardonnay?

I don't think an explanation was given. He got a call from Kelly, then he went over to Chardonnay's and broke up with her. I guess this is the show's way of bringing Kelly back next season? That is, if Brittany Daniel is coming back.

Man, Derwin can really get on my nerves. He acts like a petulant child when he doesn't get his way. Mel was late to media day, but wasn't the event still going on? If so, he just got pissy because she wasn't there in the beginning. I see those two heading for divorce, but it doesn't matter anyway since Tia and Pooch are out next season.

qtpye

qtpye

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

I see those two heading for divorce, but it doesn't matter anyway since Tia and Pooch are out next season.

I used to think these two were a great couple (even though they always had issues). Now, it seem they are always miserable and are never on the same page about anything. A divorce would be realistic, but my guess is that Derwin is just going to follow Mel to Baltimore, so he can support her dreams, like she supported him in San Diego.

Nanrad

Nanrad

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 6:38 PM

I used to think these two were a great couple (even though they always had issues). Now, it seem they are always miserable and are never on the same page about anything. A divorce would be realistic, but my guess is that Derwin is just going to follow Mel to Baltimore, so he can support her dreams, like she supported him in San Diego.

That would be the perfect ending for the two. On BET, it would just be never-ending drama and it shows that Derwin is putting his career aside and supporting Melanie. I haven't seen the show in a while, but I'm willing to bet that whatever team in Baltimore or near there would sign him.