Ron and Richard Harris: SWIRL!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

42 replies to this topic

tubesteak

tubesteak

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2006 @ 10:00 AM

Is anyone as mystified and intrigued by The Aswirl Twins as I am? I think I've rewatched their segment maybe 20 times and am just fascinated by them. I need to know more about them but I can't find anything through Google.

"Sarah also were affected by her heigth."

rollacoaster

rollacoaster

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 14, 2006 @ 10:02 AM

Shug, those guys were pretty surreal. They reminded me of characters out of Dr. Seuss or Alice in Wonderland.

Aswirl! Aswirl!
Twist and twirl!
Make those scarves
whip and whirl!

thedullgirl

thedullgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2006 @ 2:06 PM

Tweedledum and Tweedledee!

hatefake

hatefake

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2006 @ 5:15 PM

I LOVE THEM!!! I'm glad Tyra's putting them on the map, like she did Ms. Jay. I knew Ms. Jay was a runway trainer from way back when they showed him training models how to walk. I was stunned! Who knew that a "man" was showing females how to walk the runway?

Edited by hatefake, Apr 14, 2006 @ 5:13 PM.

Julieyousuck

Julieyousuck

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2006 @ 10:13 PM

Those guys were something else. They make Ms. Jay look butch. I haven't heard lisping that bad since Cindy Brady's glory days.

Afrocentric

Afrocentric

Posted Apr 15, 2006 @ 11:33 AM

Those motherfuckers don't even deserve a thread... I mean, they really suck. I don't see why Ms. J couldn't have taught them this. AND HE WEARS HEELS!!! Anyone can twirl and twirl in flats...

StapleWebs

StapleWebs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2006 @ 2:14 PM

Those motherfuckers don't even deserve a thread... I mean, they really suck. I don't see why Ms. J couldn't have taught them this. AND HE WEARS HEELS!!! Anyone can twirl and twirl in flats...

BWUAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum should be shot for their butchering of the word "height".

AHA! Afrocentric, it's a clue to your idea that Jade is a plant! Jade has her constant malaprops. So do these guys. The plot... thickens.

tubesteak

tubesteak

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 8:03 AM

I don't get you guys. If you don't watch this show for its flamboyent personalities then why watch? Those guys were amazing. I would watch an entire Aswirl instructional video. I've already watched their ANTM segment about 1000 times.

Rosalyn578

Rosalyn578

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 9:37 PM

But seriously, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum should be shot for their butchering of the word "height".

Actually, according to Webster's, "heighth" is an acceptable pronunciation of the word "height." It's not commonly used anymore but it's not wrong. Their real problem is their inability to construct complete sentences.

Lady Sov

Lady Sov

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 23, 2006 @ 2:45 AM

Is anyone as mystified and intrigued by The Aswirl Twins as I am?

Yes, yes, YES!

I thought they were delightfully surreal. My fantasy would be if these two replaced the Jays, and Simon Doonan replaced Nigel. Yes!

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

• Interests:Snark, snark, and more snark....what else were you expecting?!?

Posted Apr 23, 2006 @ 3:08 AM

They remind me of old church ladies...you know, the ones who always pinchin' on the babies' cheeks, making the church announcements to the congregation, and hooking the church up on Bake Sale Sundays.

Other than that, I'm with Afrocentric on this one. They do suck.

Edited by ghettofabman, Apr 23, 2006 @ 3:09 AM.

Gloworm

Gloworm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2006 @ 4:32 AM

I googled them too and came back with nothing.
Did Tyra make these guys up?

fluttergrrl

fluttergrrl

Posted Apr 24, 2006 @ 4:40 PM

Those motherfuckers don't even deserve a thread... I mean, they really suck.

But, it is about, a twirl!

Hahaha! They were good to laugh at, at least.

shibori

shibori

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2006 @ 6:50 PM

It's so nice to see those Brittenum twins from AI were able to find some work...

couchcelery

couchcelery

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2006 @ 11:56 AM

I tried googling them also.
I'm extremely curious, how do you make a living by teaching twirling? Are there that many groups/institutions/whatever out there that are in desperate need of twirling instructors? It's completely baffling.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2006 @ 9:44 AM

Count me in on the fascination train. Between them and the D Squared chipmunk twins on Cycle 2, I suspect there's some gay, non-mating Noah's Ark that is slowly letting its precious cargo free.

fluttergrrl

fluttergrrl

Posted Apr 27, 2006 @ 12:47 AM

It's so nice to see those Brittenum twins from AI were able to find some work...

This is one of the funniest comments I've ever seen on the TWoP forums! Sweet, nasty reality TV snark at it's finest!

Aswirl!

Delicious Cake

Delicious Cake

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 12:56 PM

I Googled them too, with no results.

But I was surprised to find out that "aswirl" is actually (ding!) a real word! Like "afloat," but with swirling. I don't believe I knew that before.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 9:55 AM

I am happy to use my first post to provide information about the Aswirl Twins.

My book club and I were at the Lucy Florence Coffehouse in Leimert Park; it is our new meeting location. As I was going up the stairs, who did I see but one of the Aswirl Twins on the way down. The other Aswirl Twin was preparing our room.

I did confirm that I saw them on ANTM. They did not seem that enthusiastic about my recognizing them. Perhaps because they thought I was some sort of mad groupie?

Anyway, I believe they are the owners of the Lucy Florence Coffehouse. Either that, or they work there.

Lady Lazarus

Lady Lazarus

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 6:35 PM

I did confirm that I saw them on ANTM. They did not seem that enthusiastic about my recognizing them. Perhaps because they thought I was some sort of mad groupie?

I am going to guess, and say they were embarrassed to be a part of that show.

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 11:41 PM

I'm sorry, but the thought of these two having their own thread here makes me sad.

Tienko

Tienko

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2006 @ 3:56 AM

Probably. One has to wonder how many people after that episode aired called them out on their horrid grammar? And other strange antics? And actual reasons for being on the show at all?

They were irritating and grating on the nerves to watch. I'm glad they're gone and I hope they don't come back to guest star. They were rather pointless.

Lady Lazarus

Lady Lazarus

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2006 @ 6:00 PM

I'm ashamedly pretty curious as to what their actual jobs are... Are they just "swirl" coaches? And what the hell are they doing owing, or, working, at coffee houses where monthly book clubs meet?!!

This whole thing is just too funny. And seriously, how did they get tangled up in Tyra's nightmarish world of reality TV? I want answers, dammit!!

And, whoever said they were like tweedle dee and tweedle dum from Alice In Wonderland, you are so right!

They're definitely in their own tripped out worlds, that's for sure...

HaHa, I just found this article, which seems to be about the Aswirl Twins. I'm guessing they still own the joint from the date of this article, but still, not paying rent to landlords is pretty pathetic.

Tyra really must like the gutters, because that's where she seems to be finding all her "special guest stars".

Edited by Lady Lazarus, May 10, 2006 @ 6:13 PM.

girlnamedcarl

girlnamedcarl

Posted May 11, 2006 @ 3:27 PM

I loved the clip show, where the twin in the back said that swirling was about capturing "the AURA! of the gown." Yes, he yelled aura. It was awesome. I asked my boyfriend if they could come live with us for a week. He worried they might accidentally twirl on a cat.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 3:23 PM

I visited the Lucy Florence Coffeehouse again a few weeks ago. There is a small photo of the group shot from ANTM Cycle Six displayed on a table near the front entrance. I would say Ron and Richard can’t be too ashamed of their association with ANTM since they’re advertising.

HaHa, I just found this article, which seems to be about the Aswirl Twins. I'm guessing they still own the joint from the date of this article, but still, not paying rent to landlords is pretty pathetic.

Regarding the “rent dispute” that I see in various articles on Google. It’s my understanding that Ron and Richard stopped paying their rent due to several other disputes they were having with their first landlord in the Leimert Park area. I have a friend who did this same thing when her landlord took too long to fix the boiler. Some people don’t seem to realize that non-payment of the rent is not the way for a tenant to resolve disputes.

The Lucy Florence Coffeehouse has since moved to another location in Leimert Park, and everything is supposed to be hunky dory.

Xiadea

Xiadea

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 3:12 PM

I'm extremely curious, how do you make a living by teaching twirling?

Umm... by making people spin so fast they either just hand over money out of dizziness or it comes flying out of their pockets and purses?

SpecialBrew

SpecialBrew

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 1:33 PM

Can I admit I let out a little squeal of delight when the Aswirl Twins came out? The weirdest thing is that I had just been thinking about them earlier that day and wondered if they would be back.

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 4:03 PM

Personally, I wish they would have twirled their asses off of that roof they were on!

Gah, I hate them so!

Sol Apollo

Sol Apollo

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 8:09 PM

Was there really any point to having them? Honestly, did they teach the girls anything?

Nina

Nina

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2006 @ 12:12 AM

Heh, I don't think so. They were just... there. From what I saw, they just twirled.

I like them, actually.