6-5: "Mr. & Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request..." 2006.04.09 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

646 replies to this topic

Kim

Kim

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 7:38 PM

Discuss the episode here.

lnmop

lnmop

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 8:58 PM

Funniest lines of the show:

Ginny: “I’m 8 pounds away from my goal.”

Christopher: “Alegra? Isn’t that a cold medicine?” When told “Alegra” means happiness – “What’s that got to do with cold medicine?”

Alegra: “Ma, you came this close to making your goal.”

And Vito making his collections in a gay bar? Priceless.

mharvey816

mharvey816

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 8:59 PM

Why I love this show....

When Vito tells his wife he has to go out late to "do collections" the movie she is watching on TV is "Imitation of Life". BWAH!

crazywildwoman

crazywildwoman

Just Tuned In

Vito with a whip? Scary, very scary!

MamaKusa

MamaKusa

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:01 PM

Old Tony's Back!! Old Tony's Back!!!!

Killacal

Killacal

Loyal Viewer

That Vito! It's all going to come crashing down now!

Jarret

Jarret

Video Archivist

Well, I will not be line to take over the New York family any time soon, based on the tears that suggested themselves just WATCHING the wedding....

Absurdly compelling, all around. GOD I've missed this show.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:02 PM

I did NOT need to see Vito dressed like one of The Village People. Did not need to see that.

cid

cid

Couch Potato

Well now that was interesting.

Chris is getting too big for his britches.
Vito...will he or won't he?

Which one of those marshalls is going to end up dead?

Monie Luv

Monie Luv

Channel Surfer

First of all...YAY, they said Weehawken!

Second, was that the Cristal Palace in Livingston?

Third, was a bastard Phil is.

Fourth, everything about that episode felt very organic except the Vito discovery scene.

Last, Carm looked very pretty.

P.S, Johnny Sack's expression while Allegra gets into the car--so much behind his eyes. Why isn't this guy a fuckiing superstar?

kathy999

kathy999

Video Archivist

Loved it! So much happened
  • vito outed
  • johnny lost his credibility when he cried
  • tony got back his credibility. I loved how he scoped out the baddest guy in the room and beat his ass
  • vito outed - lol
more later
Oh, and i forgot - Dr. Melfi told Tony what to do to gain back respect - She's a little more laid back lately.

Edited by kathy999, Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:05 PM.

Cubanita

Cubanita

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:03 PM

Just KNEW Finn was going to be in that club with Vito.... Oh well.

The bodyguard was a hottie!

markjay1

markjay1

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:02 PM

First time I ever felt like turning off an episode. The last five minutes saved it but not by much.

Samwil

Samwil

Fanatic

What is the name of the Jimmy Brown song? One verse last week, another this week....what next week? Does anyone know the name?

missplum

missplum

Loyal Viewer

Funniest line for me: "TONE! the rollateen!"

Was Allegra the cutest bride ever? and loved the anorexic sister. Allegra's real name is Caitlin Van Zandt, IMDB doesn't mention a connection to Little Stevie and wife, just a coincidence?

Was Tony barfing blood? That can't be good.

I don't think they should have casted Lorraine Bracco's almost lookalike sister. Confusing.

TV Glotzer

TV Glotzer

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:06 PM

That was a lot of leather.

usmc5855

usmc5855

Loyal Viewer

Boy, Talk about creative editing comparing what actually happened in theis weeks episode in comparison to last weeks previews…..

Allegra was beautiful, and I am a gay male, Wow she looked good. (granted I thought Tony’s Driver was Hot) Thought it was funny that the family was a study in eating disorders.

BUT: even though I am a gay male, Vito in Leather drag is a sight I wish I could unsee. The image burned itself into my mind. Worse then David Cross in Arrested Development, when he was dressed that way by mistake. IT WAS UNGODLY.

Granted the “he always does this at weddings” line means that to Vito, Mafia weddings are supposedly the only safe times he can go out and be all gay, get his gay on or whatever. I wonder if he buys the cloths to wear for that one night then throws them out, or if he has a storage locker?

Did he off himself though or is he in WITSEC? Cause in Witness Protection he can go off with a new identity and be as gay as he wants to be.

Finn can sleep much better. I wonder if the Meadow engagement will be off.

Johnny Sacc, RIP soon?

Edited by usmc5855, Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:08 PM.

jjfc

jjfc

Fanatic

Eh, not a fan of this episode. I might have liked Tony beating up the plot device. . .I mean, bodyguard, if he were introduced before this episode. And if it wasn't completely unrealistic 6 weeks after being shot.

Also, why can't Johnny see beyond the bend? Killing Rusty gives Phil a clear shot at the throne.

Liked the Vito plot though.

Teesa

Teesa

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:05 PM

Loved Meadow's rolling eyes reaction at the mention of grandkids--I do that all the time.
Big lol @ the Allegra comments.
Poor Vito...think I know where that's going...it would have been great to see how being gay was dealt with in the "family" although I have a good idea of how it would go.

valny

valny

Stalker

Vito,in his get up,dancing at the club....was one of the funniest things I've seen! Totally laughed out loud. Whoa! Wasn't expecting that kiss either!

I did NOT need to see Vito dressed like one of The Village People. Did not need to see that.

I hear ya DuckyinKy. But at the same time....fun-nee

Gross way to end the show too with Tony puking. Yuck.

shockey80te

shockey80te

Fanatic

I loved this ep...

Why did Tony have to do Perry "1st runner up Mr. Teen Bloomfield" like that? I loved how Tony sized up everyone in the room and took down the most muscular guy when you thought he might choose the weakest.

Vito's gay club outfit? Priceless. Those 2 guys were pretty damn funny in there.

I loved Tony and Chris arguing about Godfather 1 in the middle of the wedding. "I thought Allegra was a cold medicine". Gotta love Chrissy.

Seems like the Meadow-Finn wedding is on permanent hiatus. You had to love Tony's grandchildren speech.

Finally, is Vito going to sleep with the fishes? Or the security guard?

Edited by shockey80te, Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:11 PM.

vinnycrackers

vinnycrackers

Channel Surfer

Allegra was played by "Caitlin Van Zandt"? Little Stevie's got his whole family a gig, but they're all so good. That was a pretty selfless protrayal.

joeyguse

joeyguse

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:07 PM

I guess we answered the question "How long will Tony stay mellow" Everday is a gift my ass. It's funny but once again Melfi's advice leads to disaster. Acting "As If" is a very Adlerian idea meant to help people overcome their fears and start living the life they desire, and as usual Tony twists her advice into something that makes him a better gangster. Christopher is getting dumber by the second, and he also broke the cardinal Sonny Coreleone rule don't ever take sides against the family when he sides with Phil over Tony. Vito is on very borrowed time.

Edited by joeyguse, Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:52 PM.

ccradio

ccradio

Couch Potato

was that the Cristal Palace in Livingston?

I don't know about the interiors--they all pretty much look alike to me--but the exterior was Leonard's of Great Neck. Remember that Johnny is from the New York contingent.

The music that was playing as Vito checked into the hotel...was that the same tune that was playing when Gene killed himself? I know we've heard it earlier this season.

cinnderly

cinnderly

Loyal Viewer

Meadow so does not want to marry Finn.

I can't believe Vito was in the gay gear at that club. I was cracking up, but also thinking it was a little ridiculous. Still, hilarious to see.

Melfi, Melfi, Melfi... She was really his adviser in that last scene with the two of them. And she seemed to really enjoy it. My goodness. I thought it was funny when he first saw her and asked if there was any chance for a "mercy fuck." Heh.

I don't think old Tony is back quite yet, but he played the part well. The guys certainly think so. Who else thinks it's a big mistake that he's doing John's bidding?

Another great episode. I'm looking forward to rehashing it again and again through this next week. They aren't off for easter or anything, are they?

Maire

Maire

Fanatic

Best line for me " he's in good hands. Runner up, Mr. Teen age Bloomfield."

He is like 1/2 of the guys at BHS.

CarolJude

CarolJude

Loyal Viewer

was that the Cristal Palace in Livingston?

The famous Leonard's of Great Neck. I grew up about half a mile away and yet had never up until now seen the inside of it (you could see Northern Boulevard in the background out the window in some of the interior scenes - definately shot inside the place.)

A very interesting episode (deceptively so, I thought, even with all that happened. It somehow felt like a lesser ep but when you think about everything that happened, it's a 'biggie.')

wrxfanatic

wrxfanatic

Couch Potato

Oh man, Christopher's IQ seems to be dropping by the week. Tony just doesn't have anyone at bat to take charge. Apres Tony, le deluge.

All women are beautiful on their wedding day my ass. If Ginny's daughter is this fat when she gets married, in 20 years she's going to sink the entire state of New Jersey.

Teesa

Teesa

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:09 PM

It's actually "1st runner up Mr. Teen Bloomfield" because, hey, SHOUT OUT TO MY TOWN!

RedBliss

RedBliss

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:10 PM

What is the name of the Jimmy Brown song? One verse last week, another this week....what next week? Does anyone know the name?

It's "The Three Bells" by the Browns. (Google'd the lyrics)