Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Why Did She Rip Off Her Wig?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6529 replies to this topic

evany

evany

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 1:37 PM

This is the place for those of you who want to discuss the significance, meaning, and sub-text of any and all reported spoilers. No spoiler tags required.

folktale

folktale

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 4:54 PM

Then the main speculation would be - who does she have a one night stand/ few episode hook-up with? Karl, succumbing to temptation, Mike, but then something coming between them again, or dentist Kyle, and then regretting it?

Hmmm, this is interesting reasoning, and it could be an option if they played it like that for the cliffhanger, but didn't the RT spoiler mention that the potential dad would be pleased? So I figured we'd know for sure who he was. Unless it's like... the person thinks it him, but it isn't. Which would mean Susan slept with more than one person in the conception period... which... is neither appealing to me nor original, since we had the Who's the baby daddy SL for a while with Gabrielle.

Edited by folktale, Apr 5, 2006 @ 4:54 PM.

Arcticglare

Arcticglare

Couch Potato

• Interests:Favorite Shows: Lost, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, American Idol, Gilmore Girls.

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 7:33 PM

For the adulterer plotline, it seems most likely for Lynette, as the producers promised "big changes" and that the secret that Tom has, that was discussed in Season 1 is coming back. I highly doubt it's Gabby, though I suppose it's always possible he's having an affair with the Xiao Mei...

Gabby won't be the pregnant housewife, since they've already said she can't have any more babies, and I guess if she loses the stripper baby, she would be happy if she's pregnant? Maybe it's Edie, and they want to use this plotline instead of the 6year old son plot that was supposed to happen so long ago.

Meaghan Edwards

Meaghan Edwards

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 7:46 PM

The arson related storyline I believe is for Edie. The casting sides mention that there's a flashback to a house being burnt down.

Bookrat

Bookrat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 11:58 PM

Is it possible that Bree could be pregnant by George? Just how long has he been dead? She and Peter haven't done it yet....I don't know, but I think that Bree having George's baby could be interesting...plus all the drinking she's done. I doubt the baby would grow up to be as evil as Andrew.

faeriekitten99

faeriekitten99

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 10:37 AM

Maybe Tom cheats on Lynette and Lynette runs to Carlos to see if his offer of revenge sex is still good. I liked Lynette and Gabi bitch fighting better than Bree and Lynette. I'm also thinking that Edie is pregnant and it's Karls baby. That would link her and Karl both in the show permantly. It would also cause some problems if Karl and Susan did get together.

puppy

puppy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 12:47 PM

I'm also thinking that Edie is pregnant and it's Karls baby.

I don't think Karl would be happy about Edie being pregnant, since he's aware that this would mean the end for a possible reunion with Susan. If he got Susan pregnant though, I'm sure he would be thrilled.

Is it possible that Bree could be pregnant by George?

Even though the timeline has been screwed up before, this would be just too bad. Also, I don't think that the writers would want to bring back George in any size or form.
Do we know if Gabby and Carlos can keep their stolen baby? If they can't, the most obvious choice has got to be Gabby. So, it's probably Susan.

Hick

Hick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 1:07 PM

My money is on Danielle being pregnant from Matthew. *If* Bree gets pregnant (which I don't think) than I think it will be from Peter. George being the father is impossible and they know this. I would not see the point in Gabby becoming pregnant, and EL didn't want to do this the first time already.

Kimbreely

Kimbreely

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 4:19 PM

Not that the source is reliable, but Kristin Veich said one of the 4 main characters will get pregnant. If that's actually true, I think it could be Gabrielle who is pregnant, which is totally boring. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Lynette or Susan... The only one I'm ruling out is Bree.

Meaghan Edwards

Meaghan Edwards

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 4:42 PM

Maybe Tom cheats on Lynette and Lynette runs to Carlos to see if his offer of revenge sex is still good.

I'm hanging onto that theory, too. Maybe Lynette will be the one who'll end up pregnant . . . But not with Tom's baby. Carlos might not take up on the offer initally (or maybe he will), but as we know he's easily seduced.

Long December

Long December

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 5:42 PM

I don't think the pregnant housewife is going to be Lynette (her and Tom will already have the big adultery plotline ongoing... if it is them of course), or Gabby (too predictable, and like others have mentioned, the PTB and EL obviously don't want the fake stomach ruining her sex appeal). So that leaves Bree and Susan. Susan is much more likely IMO. I just pray that if it is her, we're not subjected to another 'who's the daddy?' plot. Pleeease. It would certainly be more unpredictable if it was Bree. The only likely father candidate is obviously Peter, if he and Bree end up succumbing and doing the dirty. Marc Cherry has mentioned a few times that he'd be more than happy to write a Bree pregnancy into the show if Marcia herself happened to get pregnant. Not that she is (or at least that we're aware of), but there's that. Maybe that was the whole point of introducing the Peter character in the first place?

puppy

puppy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 9:26 AM

Maybe that was the whole point of introducing the Peter character in the first place?

He's been introduced as a pretty self-aware and reasonable guy so far. I can't see how he would be thrilled about being a father in this stage of his life.

Shacklebolt

Shacklebolt

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 12:01 PM

I'm not sure Peter will be adressed at all next season, so Bree can't be the one preggers. It has to be Gabrielle!

Mexicanguy

Mexicanguy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 2:01 PM

I'm not sure Peter will be adressed at all next season....

Isn't he a main key of next season mistery?

bagbalm_69

bagbalm_69

Couch Potato

• Interests:Television, of course. And science.

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 2:34 PM

NS recently became engaged to Michael Bolton. Maybe she's pregnant in real life and so therefore, is Edie.

Minerva Moon

Minerva Moon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 2:59 PM

Isn't he a main key of next season mistery?

I think originally one of the season 3 mysteries was "Bree gets involved with a guy with skeletons in his closet", but it was scrapped (thank GOD, because I wasn't looking forward to another crazy guy for Bree). I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the guy who plays Peter is only signed for a five-episode story arc.

For some reason, I think the pregnancy is Susan's...just a feeling.

Mr Butterworth

Mr Butterworth

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 3:32 PM

I'm actually sort of hoping it's Lynette pregnant for a number of reasons:

How the spawn have turned out so far. It's too early to determine what Penny's going to be like, but look at the other three monsters she's popped out.

How she (and Tom) would react to having ANOTHER child.

How it would affect her work life.

...And what P name they'd have this time for a boy or girl. Pat, if they wanna be androgynous about it. (Or maybe they'd just say "fuck it" and name it something like Bob or Nancy)

Although Bree-with-George's-baby does sound very interestiong. Especially what with her alcoholism and all, but I doubt it'd happen or we'd have gotten some signs by now considering how long he's been dead.

...Aw, what the hell. Maybe they're fucking with us and in a shocking twist, it's really...

...Justin!

I dunno. I got nothin'.

folktale

folktale

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2006 @ 11:00 AM

That, I believe, was posted as an April Fool's prank - the posting date is April 1st.

I'm not completely discounting that possibility, but there is a side for someone checking herself into a mental facility that's actually up at NowCasting. It's named "Mrs. McCluskey," but based on previous experience, that probably means it isn't her. The spoilers were last edited on April 2, and if it were a prank, I'd like to think RT would have mentioned it by then.

ETA: I see now that the spoiler entry has been redated to April 08, but the name Bree was taken out and replaced with "one of the housewives." I wonder whether that means one of the four, or someone else completely. IIRC, the death of Mrs. Huber was publicized as a housewife death at the time.

Edited by folktale, Apr 8, 2006 @ 11:05 AM.

ladyemerald

ladyemerald

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2006 @ 10:21 PM

May 14 NO ONE IS ALONE

One of the women is informed by a doctor she may be pregnant. She's miserable about this, while the potential father is pleased.

One of the women is on a plane when she's told she cannot make a phone call. The housewife is furious at her husband for something.

Okay, the woman on the plane is definitely Lynette, angry at Tom for the cheating. Remember in Season One, when Tom's dad was cheating, and she was like "if I ever catch you cheating, I'll take the kids and leave." But I don't know if that will actually happen

For the pregnant woman, I think it might be Susan because the only potential father who might be pleased is Karl, who wants to get back w/ her. It could be Gaby and Carlos but considering they just "adopted" a baby, I doubt it.

Also, regarding the spoiler that a housewife will not make it in the finale, I suspect Mrs. Applewhite because I highly doubt that they'll kill off one of the main characters- that'll just kill the show.

Minerva Moon

Minerva Moon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2006 @ 11:48 PM

I suspect Mrs. Applewhite because I highly doubt that they'll kill off one of the main characters- that'll just kill the show.

It has to be one of the lesser housewives...or maybe, although I think this would be a killer, it COULD be Edie. However, Marc Cherry's said that he won't kill off the main four, so Susan, Bree, Lynette, and Gabby at least are safe.

Hick

Hick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 4:13 AM

Can someone link me to the spoiler that one of the Housewives will die? All I heard is that someone will die, not that it necessarily has to be a housewive.

Shacklebolt

Shacklebolt

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 8:11 AM

It was never said one of the housewives will die, the show's EP said to Mike Ausiello that 'not everyone will survive' after the season finale. We are just taking bets on it.

Paul and Zana to DIE!

Mr Butterworth

Mr Butterworth

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 12:36 PM

Someone dying in the finale? About time. I haven't yet recalled a major/second-major character death yet this season (like as in, Julie, Paul, Andrew, Danielle - who's very likely the way things are going - Caleb, Matthew, Felicia - also very likely, as much as I hate to say it - and so on...)

I'm guessing Danielle (history repeating itself) and one of Caleb/Matthew/Betty, or Felicia (for outing Paul)... or maybe Paula, Zana, or Mike.

Failing that, can they kill Ed? Pretty please?

Tomaz

Tomaz

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 12:51 PM

i doubt danielle will die...Bree can't handle another death

Felicia...is possible, but i love her, so...NO

i think it will be one of the applewhites or Paul

Minerva Moon

Minerva Moon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 2:13 PM

I'm doubting that it's Danielle, as well...it seems way too obvious and way too cliche with the whole 'history repeats itself' thing. Also, as others have said, I doubt that they'd make the big season death one of the Van de Kamps two seasons in a row.

Also...does anyone really CARE about Danielle? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Didn't think so.

puppy

puppy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 2:21 PM

I want to keep Paul. All of the Applewhites can go, and please take Zana and Felicia with you.

Tomaz

Tomaz

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 3:16 PM

another thing (i don't know if it belongs here)...

Do the members of the dead cast said anything about the season finale?
Rex, Martha Ruber, Juanita Solis?

I was also hoping for Maisy Gibbons and John to return

Edited by Tomaz, Apr 9, 2006 @ 3:19 PM.

Shacklebolt

Shacklebolt

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 11:26 AM

Rex and Martha Huber - their comeback on the season finale looks likely, since the episode is focused - partly - in how the housewives came to Wisteria Lane. I guess Martha and the Van De Kamps were neighbors for a quite while.

I'd love to see Maisy again. Not John - I hate the actor, can't stand that smug face, hope he burns alongside Paris Hilton and the likes.

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2006 @ 7:21 AM

So Andrew's incredibly incredibly evil plan turned out to be... sue Bree for emancipation and then lose, and end up living in homeless housing?

Well, the image-obsessed Bree of season 1 would have been destroyed by this, but nowadays... yeah good plan, Andrew.

Any news on whether Shawn Pyfrom will be back next season? Or whether Justin will turn to Bree's side? I couldn't deal without my pretty boys together.

Bookrat

Bookrat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2006 @ 1:13 AM

Latest from Spoilerfix

04/14 - Oscar-nominated actress Laura Dern has been approached to join the cast of Desperate Housewives as an ex-chorus girl (and single mom) from Atlantic City who dreams of one day becoming a blackjack dealer, my spies confirm. Not sure what her connection to Wisteria Lane is, but Bruce and Diane's daughter would appear in one or two episodes this season and then return in the fall on a recurring basis. Source: The Ausiello Report

Soooo no stunt casting huh? Ok, what storyline would her's fall into. Does Edie have sister?