Super Bowl Commercials

• Please log in to reply

697 replies to this topic

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2014 @ 12:35 AM

I just noticed that Stephen Colbert was NOT shilling for Emerald Nuts, but, rather, some brand called "Wonderful." I was wondering why they didn't do their usual shtick. I'm not sure that is a successful campaign, since it took me seeing it like a dozen times before I noticed that.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2014 @ 6:52 PM

The green didn't give it away? Wonderful Pistachios has had a bunch of commercials with celebrities, and that bright pistachio green is a big part of the commercials.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2014 @ 6:57 PM

The only pistachio commercials I've ever noticed were the Emerald Nuts ones that say "So-and-so does it..."

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2014 @ 9:04 PM

Boo. They cut off Hiddleston's line about "a stiff upper lip is key" in the Jaguar commercials. Why? So each of the guys would have an equal number of lines?

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:04 PM

double-post

Edited by peeayebee, Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:05 PM.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 9:15 PM

It's been driving me crazy ever since the previous one aired. Who is the actor playing the dad in those commercials. I know I've seen him before many times.

I'm pretty sure it's Charles Malik Whitfield. I recognized him as Hendrikson from Supernatural.

To my eyes, the dad looks different in the new Cheerios commercial (younger & thinner) but maybe that's because he's not laying on the sofa?

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 11:31 PM

I just watched both commercials online, and it does look like him.

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 7:24 PM

Days before the Super Bowl, the US Army almost issued a cease and desist order for the Budweiser ad featuring the returning soldier. 

Behind the scenes, the ad's development bred frustration and legal concerns among Army officials, according to emails released to Foreign Policy through the Freedom of Information Act. Top Army officers even considered issuing a cease-and-desist order against Budweiser's parent company, beer giant Anheuser-Busch, on Jan. 30, just three days before the Super Bowl. Their concern: The commercial appeared to clearly violate longstanding service policies that prevent active-duty personnel from endorsing private companies or doing anything that could be construed as glamorizing alcohol.