"I Will Shoot Kripke In The Face With Rock Salt If...": What We Don't Want To See, Ever

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

256 replies to this topic

Night Nymph

Night Nymph

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 12:54 AM

Night Nymph- selling your dvds is far better, because then instead of destroying your property, you will have saved someone else the trouble of having to buy them new and as a result of that, will have perhaps kept some money from going to the studios/producers/crew/whatever.

True, true. However Night Nymph go smash! somehow sounds very satisfying - heh. Decisions, decisions...

What I don't want to see is... more fiddle farting around. They need to tell the damn story already.

I agree. It's more than time to start wrapping this thing up properly.

shang yiet

shang yiet

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 7:28 AM

And I especially will gnash my teeth until they are bloody nubs if Dean floats up to Heaven with his Best Friend Castiel

The show better end with both brothers alive ... or else! Although Castiel is perfectly welcome to float up to heaven once the apocalypse is over. Rest now, Castiel, in the arms of the Lord, your work is done, come to papa...

They're already darned near guest stars in their own show, coming in second to Michael and Lucifer. Let everyone take care of their own problems for a change.

Yes, especially Sam who is pretty much underused. A fine actor like Jared should be given much more work to do. He can handle it.

He has Sam say "yes" to Lucifer offscreen with with little to no explanation...like "Surprise! Sam is actually Lucifer now. Mwha ha ha: bet you didn't see that coming." Actually I might sell all but my season 1 and 2 DVDs in that case - or crush them into a million little pieces.

For sure, I'll do something equally violent.

If Sam wakes up next to Jessica. Actually, make that any variant that starts with the words 'Sam Wakes Up To...'

If it's an AU dream world of Sam, I would actually like this very much.

I will frigging shoot Kripke if
- he has Dean kill Sam
- all the important action depends on the angels and not Sam and Dean
- if he does not let Sam and Dean make their own destiny and call their own shots
- if Sam is not allowed to be totally and completely right for once in his life
- if S5 turns out to be the angel show and not the Winchester show

jan16

jan16

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2010 @ 6:11 AM

shoot Kripke if he;
1. Has Dean and Cas team up and leave Sam behind
2. Doesn't end this whole Apocalypse line by end of season 5 and not drag into 6.
3. Doesn't give both characters 3 dimensions instead of 2
4. Doesn't give both actors serious and comedic episodes - they are both great at comedy and drama.
5. doesn't stop under utilizing Sam
and finally shoot him when he's down if he brings back Mary or John in any way that makes then look good. They both sucked as parents. ugh

Leosmom

Leosmom

Fanatic

• Interests:<br />.

Posted Apr 13, 2010 @ 8:34 AM

I will cause bodily harm if:

1. The amulet is destroyed
2. The brother bond is not restored and made BETTER (i.e., even-handed) and SOON.
3. Sam is relegated to the background/reactive status only again next season and/or is turned evil.
4. Dean is not restored to the badass, sarcastic, compassionate character he was before he was moved to Planet Woobie and made holier-than-thou.

Eumenides

Eumenides

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2010 @ 11:37 AM

...if we get anyone (bobby, cas, sam, dean) sacrificing themselves in some stupid way in the finale in order to generate angst in season 6.

mobiusklein

mobiusklein

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2010 @ 11:22 PM

No more deals, just no.

Eumenides

Eumenides

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2010 @ 11:36 PM

No more deals, just no.

I could live with a deal if it was simply a formality. "In exchange for X...I will give you my pie." Deals for souls or death or whatever will... well. It'd feel pretty recycled.

usmoi

usmoi

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2010 @ 4:20 AM

No more deals, just no.

Sigh - seems like this is going to happen if the last episode is anything to go by!

...if we get anyone (bobby, cas, sam, dean) sacrificing themselves in some stupid way in the finale in order to generate angst in season 6.

Ditto!!

couldhavebee

couldhavebee

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2010 @ 9:56 AM

SPN viewers must be singlehandedly keeping the rock salt industry afloat, and I'm guessing poor Kripke's face must be awfully sore by now ;)

No more deals, just no.

Amen! But, given that this is IMO one of the most ridiculously repetitive shows ever (same themes/storylines, same supporting character 'types', same primary character issues, same tired conversations...), I'm thinking we should keep that rock salt handy.

Dean is not restored to the badass, sarcastic, compassionate character he was before he was moved to Planet Woobie and made holier-than-thou.

I know, right?! The days when I found this character amazingly compelling, entertaining and just plain awesome feel like a distant memory. It's genuinely hard to transform a character as initially complex and vibrant as Dean Winchester into a boring, ridiculously saintly, unrelatable and generic marytyr, but somehow Kripke et al. have accomplished this feat.

Also, just for good measure: I will shoot Kripke in the face with rock salt if...

...he doesn't either make Sam deliciously evil OR genuinely likable again rather than making him this perpetually sulky, arrogant, quasi-'dark' yet utterly dull killjoy.

...he doesn't give us more female characters who DON'T fit his usual, utterly tired, weirdly idealized 'super sassy-but-underlyingly vulnerable, snappy, quasi-tough, 'one of the beer guzzling, down-to-earth guys despite being---of course---impossibly sexy' mode. (Er, sorry for the double negative, but hopefully you guys get the gist!)

Edited by couldhavebee, May 17, 2010 @ 11:31 AM.

Tiamat

Tiamat

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2010 @ 11:16 AM

IWSKITFWRSI... season six spends any amount of time on Dean and Lisa’s “relationship”

OR if we find out Lisa’s pregnant. The Winchesters do not need another reason to whine. NO MORE ANGST.

Heck, if Lisa makes an appearance I’ll be unhappy

couldhavebee

couldhavebee

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2010 @ 11:30 AM

Heh---good ones, Tiamat! What is WITH the writers' weird Lisa fixation and insistence on making her so much more important and significant than we originally thought she was or should be?! I'd actually rather them have brought back Carmen as that 'symbol of a quiet, domestic life Dean craves', especially as I actually thought he and the admittedly not-quite-real Carmen had far better chemistry.

IWSKITFWRSI he (or whomever is taking over for him) doesn't throw us some fun, lighthearted brotherly bonding next year. I know they still love each other, but I'd like to occasionally get the impression that they LIKE each other.

....if they don't resume drawing from culturally and religiously DIVERSE myths and folklores. I've had quite enough of the Bible for now, thank you very much.

Edited by couldhavebee, May 17, 2010 @ 11:32 AM.

sallysweeet

sallysweeet

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2010 @ 11:37 AM

I don't want to see 'is it Sam or not?' That's been played too often and was not very well written the first time around.

I don't want to see anymore role reversals - no, uber hunter Sam going to a settled Dean. Dean is a hunter and should still be a hunter.

usmoi

usmoi

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2010 @ 2:42 PM

I totally agree about Lisa. I liked her the first time around, I was a little confused by her the second time and now she just annoys me - not her personally but the concept! I don't buy that Dean has been going around pining for her all this time! I would have been more convinced if he had actually come back for Ben!

IWSKITF (should we change this since Kripke is no longer the show runner -sob!?) if any more people come back from the dead. Please - bring back the impact a person dying used to have on the show (Mary, Jessica, Daddy Winchester and even Sammy the 1st time!)

Energy

Energy

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:07 PM

I think the days of death meaning anything are long gone. Just because the show has overused it so much. Sam and Dean have had multiple deaths, and you usually can only create that kind of reaction one time until it cheapens and becomes a ploy, then it gets less and less powerful each time you do it because you are doing it for novelty and shock value. I would say the deaths that are the most impactful have been the ones that stayed death. Jess, Mary, and John's death are poignant because their impact is still relevant even years later and they make the actions of Sam and Dean that much richer and textured for it. But I think this show has lost the way to do a good death, they butchered Jo and Ellen's and it seems like whatever impact those two deaths had was over as soon as the credits rolled.

Edited by Energy, Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:11 PM.

usmoi

usmoi

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2010 @ 5:04 PM

And now we have Grandaddy back...sigh!

Iowan Corn

Iowan Corn

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2011 @ 12:11 AM

Sera, say it aint so!

Meta is fine, I like the idea of Chuck's books. It was snark but yet still within story. Not the actors as brothers as actors . . .I hate those type of fics, and this looks worse. Just - tell me that it's a foiler. PLEASE!

Vaya

Vaya

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2011 @ 11:31 AM

Meta is fine, I like the idea of Chuck's books. It was snark but yet still within story. Not the actors as brothers as actors . . .I hate those type of fics, and this looks worse. Just - tell me that it's a foiler. PLEASE!

Just for the sake of argument, Hercules did a meta episode like this (actually more, but the first one was funnier) where the actors were playing writers and Kevin Sorbo really was Hercules. It actually managed to be pretty damned funny.

Like when the guys are in the mens room doing the theme song for the show, or Ares' line "Finally I can watch Millennium in peace."

So it could work.