Bruce Willis is a Ghost! The Scrubs Spoiler Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

590 replies to this topic

bluestorm31

bluestorm31

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2006 @ 4:37 PM

Is Carla's pregnancy still a spoiler? Probably not, but I decided to post this here just in case some people didn't see the NBC promo. On March 28th, NBC.com will launch a fan contest to determine the name and sex of Turk and Carla's baby. Here's the press release:

To celebrate Turk and Carla’s long-awaited discovery that she has conceived in a hilarious all-new episode, NBC.com will launch a special contest on the official Scrubs area of the site (http://www.nbc.com/Scrubs/) asking viewers to choose the name and sex of Turk and Carla’s baby for the show’s producers, on Tuesday, March 28. The off-kilter comedy Scrubs airs Tuesdays, 9-9:30 p.m. ET.

Viewers will be able to submit their suggested baby name online until the series’ May finale. Then, one winner will be randomly chosen to have a Scrubs character named after him or her. Plus, 10 randomly selected runners-up will receive surprise Scrubs items from the show. The winner and 10 runners-up, along with the baby’s name and sex, will be announced at a later date.

Edited by bluestorm31, Mar 23, 2006 @ 4:41 PM.

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

• Interests:The Braves, other sports, TV, nicknames, Mountain Dew, and puppies.

Posted Mar 23, 2006 @ 5:38 PM

Wow, that's great! How awesome would it be if the baby was named after one of our suggestions? :D

snowfall

snowfall

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2006 @ 7:53 PM

Since NBC blew it in the promo and announced it on their website I'm guessing it's not. However it's better to be safe than sorry right?

monke

monke

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2006 @ 9:43 PM

may finale being season finale right?, right?

Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2006 @ 10:23 PM

They would have to mean season finale, because if the contest is over by then, there would have to be at least one more episode that includes the namesake character and the revelation of the baby's name/gender.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2006 @ 9:05 AM

Hey! Maybe that's proof that the show is coming back next season on NBC! They wouldn't go to the trouble of having a big contest like this and then not renew it, right? Right?!

snowfall

snowfall

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2006 @ 10:23 AM

I've learned never to put anything past NBC so I'm not going to get too excited yet until we find out for sure one way or the other in May.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2006 @ 12:24 PM

It's only a matter of time before someone suggests the name "Turkleton", isn't it?

sidekickgirl

sidekickgirl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2006 @ 9:48 PM

Sandman: That's the name that came to my mind! But "Turkelton Turk" just doesn't work for me unless Jaleel White plays their son.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2006 @ 12:34 PM

Oh, god. Please, no...

ntm327

ntm327

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2006 @ 3:28 PM

I'm not sure if that contest is legit. If you look at the link, the author of that "press release" has incorrectly spelled the word "feistest"--and several times, in fact. I think that's a pretty major error that would have been caught.

Aragorn

Aragorn

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 26, 2006 @ 4:01 PM

It's legit; there just tend to be frequent misspellings in NBC publicity releases (see the endless examples of Eliot Reid, Elliott Reid, Elliot Reed etc.).

ntm327

ntm327

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2006 @ 4:40 PM

Sorry, my mistake! That error really is amusing, though!

snowfall

snowfall

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 9:39 AM

From Ausiello:

Question: Any news on Scrubs? — Steve

Ausiello: You mean aside from talk that ABC will almost certainly pick up the show should NBC cancel it? Let's see… Markie Post is returning as Elliott's mom on April 18, and on April 25, one of the world's funniest people, ex-Hot Properties stitch Nicole Sullivan, pops in as a former patient of J.D.'s. BTW, the fantasy bit last week in which J.D. visited that pound for stray Grandpas? One of the funniest things I've seen — ever. And don't even get me started about last night's revelation that J.D. and Turk watch Gilmore Girls. I swear, sometimes I think Bill Lawrence is making this show just for me.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 3:42 PM

SpoilerFix has the scoop on episode 5.19, airing April 18th, entitled "His Story III":

The hospital is seen from the perspective of the Janitor, who's out to prove he can make a difference after getting rid of J.D. for the day. Also, Turk has his "blackness" called into question by Dr. Cox; and Carla tries to keep Elliot from finding out which intern messed up a patient's medicine dosage. Source: TV Guide

A Janitor episode!!! Finally!

Edited by jcpdiesel21, Apr 6, 2006 @ 3:43 PM.

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 5:12 PM

Woohoo! And hmmm, wonder who the screwy intern is... ;)

PoisonRain

PoisonRain

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 3:23 AM

I really think Carla's baby should be a girl, especially if they're going to have the baby on the show like Cox's kid is. That way, we can see cute girly antics in contrast to the baby boy antics we got to see with Cox's kid.

Just my two cents. :) Time to go enter that contest.

snowfall

snowfall

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 8:40 AM

Is anyone else besides me hoping NBC does cancel Scrubs so it can go on ABC where it belongs? It should have been there from day 1.

skillzdatkillz

skillzdatkillz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 10:49 AM

Well, from everything I've read, Bill Lawrence adamantly reports that he's 100% sure that Scrubs will return, just a matter of if NBC wants to stick with it or not -- then it's ABC baby. I don't mind if they move, I'll follow them anywhere.

It should have been there from day 1.

Yup, and not to mention there were tons of sets used from ABC shows when they did dream sequences in season 1/2 ie.: 8 Simple Rules set with John Ritter; My Wife and Kids set when JD thinks about a family with Elliot. ABC sure is a trooper.

Edited by skillzdatkillz, Apr 7, 2006 @ 10:49 AM.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 10:50 AM

I don't know if cancellation (even though it would move the show to a different network) is necessarily a good idea to wish upon a show. This is a poor example, but think of Family Matters when it was cancelled on ABC and picked up by CBS. I don't think the ratings were as good on CBS, and I don't even remember it being broadcast on that network. I also wonder if ABC will promote it more. It has shown difficulty equally promoting new shows (Grey's Anatomy versus Eyes when they premiered at around the same time).

snowfall

snowfall

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 10:59 AM

Well normally I would never wish cancellation on a show but since NBC has treated it like shit the past couple of seasons at least I'm making an exception here.

If NBC really gave a crap about Scrubs then it would have put in on Thursdays when AI was kicking its butt. But they didn't.

bluestorm31

bluestorm31

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 3:47 PM

More spoilers from TV Guide:

I have to start paying more attention to those doctors milling about in the background on Scrubs, because for the life of me I don't ever recall seeing actress Elizabeth Banks (Slither, 40 Year Old Virgin). But on May 9, not only will we learn that she's been there the whole time (wink, wink), but we'll discover that she's got a crush on J.D. (Zach Braff). Banks' arc will continue into the season finale on May 16 and, assuming the show will return for a sixth season (NBC, don't make me come over there!), she'll likely be back in the fall.

Audra

Audra

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 6:04 PM

On Zap2it.com they say that on the April 25th episode we will find out if The Todd is gay or not!

snowfall

snowfall

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 9:10 PM

If he's not gay then he's at least bi IMO.

PoisonRain

PoisonRain

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 11:50 PM

Awww...I would much rather it stay ambiguous. Honestly, that's part of the humor in my opinion! Anyone else agree with me?

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 5:54 AM

ITA, Rain-twin. ;) I don't want to know if his banana-hammocking is because he wants attention from the men or from the ladies! If he is gay, how are they going to get away with explaining his "I Vagina" shirt? And is network TV really ready for a bisexual character, especially in a sitcom?

Tinted

Tinted

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 7:02 AM

If nobody has the courage to create an openly bisexual character then network TV will never be ready

bluestorm31

bluestorm31

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 8:53 AM

More details about this episode, which is entitled "My Lunch":

While working to stabilize three patients awaiting organ transplants, J.D. resolves to ask Dr. Cox to lunch until he agrees. When he finally chases Dr. Cox to lunch, J.D. runs into annoying former patient Jill Tracy (Nicole Sullivan), who unexpectedly teaches him something about responsibility. Later, Elliot and Carla discover that Todd's been lying about all his hospital "conquests" and suspect that he's been less than truthful about other issues, but Turk warns them not to meddle. Neil Flynn and Ken Jenkins also guest star.

Will this storyline be all jokes, or will The Todd actually have a dramatic scene (like Doug did in "My Malpractical Decision")? The writers love to create multidimensional characters, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

Tinted

Tinted

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 9:02 AM

I think he will have a dramatic scene. It's been long enough.

Edited by Tinted, Apr 11, 2006 @ 9:04 AM.

Azamiryou

Azamiryou

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 4:01 PM

Awww...I would much rather it stay ambiguous. Honestly, that's part of the humor in my opinion! Anyone else agree with me?

Yes, I agree with you. The ambiguity is a great source of humor! If they do decide to resolve it once and for all, though, he better be straight. A macho, hetero guy who appreciates hotness regardless of gender is a much more nuanced, interesting, and funny character than a stock TV macho gay guy. (Or worse, I could see the writers making him a flaming charicature on the pretext that he's free to be himself once he's "out".)