Precious Brats and Dorks: Kids in Commercials

• Please log in to reply

1182 replies to this topic

Callasin

Callasin

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 12:06 AM

And the nasty fat lazy little shit of a kid who is sitting there playing video games and calls his grandmother who is in the same frigging house, makes her get up on her walker, go past the little bastards room, into the kitchen to answer the phone. At which time the kid asks grandma to bring him something. I can't even remember what the commercial is for because the commercial pisses me off so much.

He calls grandma and asks for another grape soda.  I don't remember the details of the commercial either but I remember it saying something about kids needing to walk for a certain amount of time each day to have strong bones.  Then it shows him holding the dogs leash while the dog walks on the treadmill. 

Jobiska

Jobiska

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 6:44 PM

Re the Red Baron ad linked upthread, that pizza looked so unappetizing and gross (the most disgusting looking frozen pizza I've ever seen in an ad, I think) that I barely noticed the kid's reaction!

Learn something new every day:  http://www.thepacker.../210788171.html If I'm getting this right, the company that now makes Halos sold the Cuties name so now calls their product Halos, but presumably Cuties still exist, but what I don't get is...they're just clementines, right?  I mean they're not some super duper special kind of clementines?  It's like Dole Bananas, instead of just making their stickers sillier these days, decided to name their particular brand of bananas Handsomies or Scepters or something.  

I just see clementines, don't particularly look for the brand, and anyway what I usually see is NOT Halos.  Which is good, because I wouldn't want to reward them for the brattery their ads seem to celebrate.

Jamoche

Jamoche

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 11:39 PM

"Capitalizing on retailers’ and consumers’ familiarity with Wonderful Brands"

Familiarity? I'm in California. First I've heard of them.

StKatherine

StKatherine

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 11:55 AM

I heard tons of commerical for Wonderful Pistachios before I realized that Wondeful was the brand, as opposed to the commerical just being a public service announcement for a particular nut (like the Milk Board doesn't encourage what dairy I use, or the Egg Council doesn't care where I buy my eggs).

LilWharveyGal

LilWharveyGal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 1:28 PM

I would buy the heck out of bananas that were called 'Scepters.'  Particularly if there was a complementary brand of grapefruit called 'Orbs.'

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 12:03 AM

I heard tons of commerical for Wonderful Pistachios before I realized that Wondeful was the brand, as opposed to the commerical just being a public service announcement for a particular nut

I didn't get that until you just explained it.  It does make a ton more sense than pistachios being the new wonder food, now that I think about it.

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 7:00 PM

And the nasty fat lazy little shit of a kid who is sitting there playing video games and calls his grandmother who is in the same frigging house, makes her get up on her walker, go past the little bastards room, into the kitchen to answer the phone. At which time the kid asks grandma to bring him something. I can't even remember what the commercial is for because the commercial pisses me off so much.

He calls grandma and asks for another grape soda.  I don't remember the details of the commercial either but I remember it saying something about kids needing to walk for a certain amount of time each day to have strong bones.  Then it shows him holding the dogs leash while the dog walks on the treadmill.

Here it is:https://www.youtube....h?v=UntdGA7gH3Q

Grandma needs to put his lazy ass on some chores (without the machines).  He deserves a smack in the head with her cane. (Not that I advocate child abuse.)

I don't like the Bush's Baked Beans ad where Jay Bush is afraid to tell the little kids that the beans they're enjoying are vegetables.  To me, that would be a time where they could learn that not all vegetables are "gross" or whatever.  Then again, I don't have any children, so maybe I'm giving little kids too much credit.  I just hate commercials where the adults are too scared to tells kids that they ate something healthy.

Edited by InDueTime84, Mar 28, 2014 @ 7:01 PM.

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 7:55 PM

No, beans are the "musical fruit" 

the more you eat, more you toot

the more you toot, the better you feel

beans, beans at every meal.

EllariaSand

EllariaSand

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:59 PM

Seriously? Baked beans with all the sugar and fat is being pushed as a vegetable?

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 10:36 PM

I know they're probably not showing this commercial anymore (my tv watching is seriously limited nowadays) but I still get mad when I think about it, so.

There's this car commercial with this boy (way too old) sitting on Santa's lap. He's detailing the car he wants, down to the specs. When Santa tries to nervously object, he smarmily replies "is there a problem?" and continues with his lecture. He reminds me of the people I see daily who think they're the only person that matters and as such, yelling at people to solve their issues is a totally valid response. Way to go, car maker.

A better example is the newest detergent commercial I've seen with a dad and his three daughters and how totally messy they are. He's happy that the detergent he uses can pretreat too. I'm happy because the kids are just being kids, and he's not exasperated with them but caring. I also like that the ad doesn't imply he's a single dad or there's anything unusual about him being on laundry duty.

Eliot

Eliot

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 7:03 AM

I really like the two little boys in the Peeps commercial. The older one manages to do the "Bubba in Forrest Gump" thing without being cloying or obnoxious, and the little one is so wear of the ongoing monologue...he just keeps eating his Peeps.

Cute.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 6:38 PM

King Soopers (a Kroger store) sells 'Cuties'

ethalfrida

ethalfrida

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 10:43 PM

Roseha, I was just about to post about the ninjas commercial. That little boy is so cute.