Precious Brats and Dorks: Kids in Commercials

• Please log in to reply

1182 replies to this topic

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Is THAT what that ad's supposed to be about? I've been trying to figure out what the hell is with the shrieking kid and the lion in the bank for ages.

CoderLady

CoderLady

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

It's the lion in that ad that annoys me. When he rests his chin on the teller's counter he has this fatuously innocent look on his face, as if he really isn't planning on jumping the counter and snacking on the slowest employee. I don't believe that for a second.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

I've never seen the beginning of that commercial, so I never knew what it was about either! Now it makes sense. I do like the lion though. My boyfriend's dog makes that same face.

TheRealJanBrady

TheRealJanBrady

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

I can't remember what the ad is for - I guess some kind of phone or internet plan - but it's the one that features a little girl whining that her dad downloaded an app instead of a video of her performance. She played a tree and "even had a line." We then get to hear her shrill "watch out for my roo-oots!"

I just came here to talk about this too--it took me FOREVER (and I've now seen that ad about 29384092 times) to figure out what she was saying. It keeps sounding like "Watch out for my riiiiii-iiiibs!" to me.

Edited by TheRealJanBrady, Apr 28, 2012 @ 6:12 PM.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 4:40 PM

...I kind of like the lion banking commercial...

I find it kind of cute. I mean, it's not like the girl is nine or ten. Isn't she, like, five or six? I am a teacher's assistant for that age group and I know a lot of them take stuff at face value so I found it cute that she thought taking the pic of the lion would send him to the bank, just like the cheque. At least, for me, the girl wasn't annoying about it. But, like somebody else said, it's the lion that annoyed me.

Jess Sayin

Jess Sayin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 6:47 PM

To me, it seemed like the girl was a little too old to believe that the lion would appear at the bank (or maybe she was just slow). But I loved the lion...it's a formidable creature but it's majestic, nevertheless.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Well, I've only seen the commercial once so I'd have to see it a few more times, but that was my initial reaction. I could end up hating it; just as seeing it only once, I thought it was cute and better than some of the commercials with kids out there.

freakmagnet

freakmagnet

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:53 AM

I find the kid's voice annoying, but what really bugs me about that commercial is why is the woman doing her banking at the zoo??

I mean, I get that the point is you can do it from anywhere, and they need it to be at the zoo for the lion bit to work, but it still seems stupid to me every time I see it.

Bri059

Bri059

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

I really really dislike the commercial with the kid er..crapping in the tub.

First off, if he can say that full articulate sentence, he should be toilet trained. Second..ew.

Why couldn't they have done this differently? Like maybe the kid comes in and says "Mom, I cooked!" and there's mud pies all over her kitchen or something?

For your viewing horror.

moose135

moose135

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

I love the lion at the bank commercial! The kid pooping in the tub? Not so much...

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 7:33 AM

I'm just the opposite. I hate the lion-at-the-bank commercial, but I like the Clorox one. What sells it to me is the mom's reaction.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

The Symbicort ad where the grandfather talks about how he used to take his son to baseball games, but couldn't because of his COPD till he started taking Symbicort (I think it is) has the most beautiful little boy I think I've ever seen. He's about 5 or 6, and is loving his time at the ballpark with his dad and grandpa, getting a program, eating peanuts, and catching a foul ball.

Jess Sayin

Jess Sayin

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 9:30 AM

I know I'm going to hell for saying this but that first little girl in the Tyson chicken commercial is just NOT cute. She's all spazzy and at the end she's grossly chewing with her mouth open and smacking her lips.

Try as you might Tyson but my kid will just have to eat what I put I'm front of him or starve!

funkymunky

funkymunky

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

There's a Wal-Mart back to school commercial that show a girl walking into her house and yelling to her parents that she needs new school supplies. Mom asks, "What happened? School just started." Daughter says, "I hate Kevin!" Turns out princess had written "I love Kevin" all over her binders and notebooks, and now needs to buy new ones because Kevin is a horrible person.

If that was my kid, I'd tell her to suck it up and use what she has. Little brat. And the parents are worse if they actually buy her all new stuff.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

I hate when local businesses use their kids in their commercials. I especially hate it when the children in question can't speak intelligibly.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 24, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

These are the same idiots who let their small child answer the phone or leave the voicemail message--because they're so dang adorable we all have to suffer.

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

The Subaru ad where the kids are washing their dad's car with the windows open. He just smiles, shakes his head, and helps them. Sure, he may think it's funny now. Wait until dad discovers his stereo system and interior buttons don't work since they used toothpaste to clean the inside. It's supposed to be cute, but I think most parents would be ticked.

Edited by InDueTime84, Oct 6, 2012 @ 8:26 PM.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

That one bugs me, too. There are so many commercials where a kid does something that would make me scream, but the parents in these ads just smile, shake their heads, and get out the paper towels or whatever.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

I hate that Subaru ad. That cars interior has been ruined by the brats who think they were "helping." I don't think it's cute at all.

Haveahabit

Haveahabit

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2012 @ 12:04 AM

Yeah, it's right up there with the kids bringing breakfast up to their parents' white-everything bedroom and, of course, the pitcher of grape juice is dropped on the white dog who shakes it over everything. Mom just smiles, shakes her head and does the laundry so fast the kids make the school bus wearing their now not purple clothes. In real life, those kids would have been dead ducks.

mariposa

mariposa

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

Now, kids don't need to speak and act like perfectly poised adults, but these two make my ears bleed...

Coupons.com, with the little one who can barely pronounce what he's selling (at least he says "please").

Mott's for Tots (dam dee dee dee blech.)

Edited by mariposa, Oct 12, 2012 @ 7:42 PM.

raiderred

raiderred

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 1:02 PM

The Subaru ad where the kids are washing their dad's car with the windows open. He just smiles, shakes his head, and helps them. Sure, he may think it's funny now. Wait until dad discovers his stereo system and interior buttons don't work since they used toothpaste to clean the inside. It's supposed to be cute, but I think most parents would be ticked.

Ugh! Guess what cool, hip dad? I want to punch you in the throat! We would have been dead meat had we have done that when we were kids. What was Subaru thinking about????

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

That one bugs me, too. There are so many commercials where a kid does something that would make me scream, but the parents in these ads just smile, shake their heads, and get out the paper towels or whatever.

That ad with the little kid shaking up the bottle of orange soda and squirting it all over his mom and her kitchen is one of the worst offenders. If I'd done that at that age, Mom would have saved the paper towels for cleaning up all the blood afterwards.

EighteenTwelve

EighteenTwelve

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

As much as I dislike the rest of the Verizon ad about the music recital, I do like the kid with the sousaphone solo. (Mostly because it's a sousaphone, as opposed to a popular or easily portable instrument, but by gosh he's going to go out there and play it.)

stinkymcgee

stinkymcgee

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

I do like the kid with the sousaphone solo.

Hate his family and their front-seat-hogging ways, but I love that the kid busts into "Axel F" as his solo.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

I did hate that the parents take up a whole seat for a tablet! So rude!

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

That boy doing the Toys R Us ads has such a douchey, obnoxious voice, he can FOAD.

friendperidot

friendperidot

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 24, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

I'd love to do away with all the kids acting as news anchors and sportscasters. ToysRUs, Glad Trash bags and there's several others right now, it seems to be a trend, but it's an annoying trend.

mnementh

mnementh

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 5:45 PM

The kid in the new NFL Play60 ad with Cam Newton needs to go. I swear he has a mouth full of marbles. I had to see the commercial three times before I had a clue what he was saying, and I still don't know what the last few lines he says are. I'm guessing he's a real kid from the program, but they could've at least chosen someone who could enunciate well enough to be understood.

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

I am so sick of that kid! In the last few lines, he is drafted number one overall to play as the starting quarterback for the Panthers (so I guess Carolina still sucks 15 years from now), has Cam as his back-up and becomes Ma Newton's favorite player. Then he warms up his arm.