Farscape Fanvids: "On the Clamshell"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

139 replies to this topic

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 1:07 PM

A decent place to start collecting Farscape Fan Vids is Farscape Fantasy. A broad sampling of what's out there, of all qualities. Just reached 500 vids. Otherwise, Terra Firma has some dedicated forums. Any individual recommendations? (From the meet market, there's hank's site.)

Edited by cutecouple, Aug 26, 2006 @ 1:09 AM.

Mongi

Mongi

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 7:46 PM

Scorpy Went Down to Georgia is one of my very favorite vids and one of the few I watch pretty regularly. Smooth Criminals is another one by Dallascaper that I love and Sail Away is surprisingly awesome for a song I hate so much.

Shroom

Shroom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 7:58 PM

Well, after seeing drgnfille's request for first season vids in the Meet Market a few days ago, I looked around a bit and here are a few more recommendations:

Book of Days by LT Garrix does a lovely job of conveying the awe-inspiring beauty and alien-ness of the first season.

Headstrong, also by LT Garrix. Season 1 Aeryn kicks ass.

And just a few days ago, I came across a short list of Farscape vid recs here, organized by season.

And going beyond the first season, I have to say that I'm loving Moving Right Along, an adorable look at the John and D'Argo friendship.

And Sharp Dressed Man is all about ogling John Crichton, which is always fun. ;-)

eta: I just saw Mongi's post above mine, and I just wanted to say word on the awesomeness of Dallascaper's vids. Scorpy Went Down to Georgia and Love Over This are two of my favorite vids ever.

Edited by Shroom, Mar 17, 2006 @ 8:27 PM.

kayaj2k

kayaj2k

Fanatic

• Interests:(tv-wise): Farscape, Veronica Mars, Dexter, the Whedonverse, Deadwood, Shameless, Friday Night Lights, The Office, Jeopardy, The Daily Show, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Masterpiece Theatre, Mad Men, The X-Files, The Wire, True Blood, Burn Notice, Lost, Glee.

Posted Mar 18, 2006 @ 11:20 PM

Thanks guys, fantastic stuff!

Any good shippy recommendations?

Sociophobic

Sociophobic

Couch Potato

• Interests:Scifi, gender issues, race issues, cooking shows, People magazine, blogging, vidding, computer games.

Posted Mar 20, 2006 @ 12:11 AM

If you like John/Aeryn then Chasa's On With the Show is a good one to watch. It takes place after TalynJohn dies and shows her dealing with that. It's a tearjerker, so be warned.

Actually anything by Chasa is good, especially Prayer.

Also check out the Shelly Awards site, as they tend to have some awesome stuff.

drgnfille

drgnfille

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2006 @ 12:33 AM

Thanks for posting all these recs! (Especially my season 1 recs - Shroom is very considerate and awesome!) I even peeked at "Sharp Dressed Man", which didn't spoil much, but did make me reeeally curious about the bunny costumes. (???) I can't wait to see what that was all about!

chasarumba

chasarumba

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 31, 2006 @ 1:06 PM

Hey, Sociophobic, thanks for the nice words about my vids!

FYI, although some of my vids are at Farscape Fantasy, they all can be found at my site, DearOne.net.

I agree that the Shelly site is a great springboard to good stuff -- there are a LOT of fantastic Farscape vids out there. In addition to just looking at the winners, there's an eligible vids page with a huge list of recent ones (made in 2005ish) to peruse. LithiumDoll is great in any fandom, including Farscape...she doesn't have a lot of FS vids on her site right now, but most of her older ones can be found at Farscape Fantasy. I would also recommend all of the vidders at Neural Cluster. Many great vids there.

Luckylyn

Luckylyn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 10:21 AM

Scorpy Went Down to Georgia is one of my all time favorites but there's also Wear Sunscreen a really interesting song choice with some fantastic editing. That's my favorite LithiumDoll vid.

As for shippy vids, I made a J/A vid covering the PK Wars titled Aeryn's Prayer I've mostly made either J/A shippy vids or John/Chiana shippy vids.

I've made a bunch of Farscape videos. The most recent is Flash Crichton I made this vid I think a year ago. I took a break from Farscape vidding and am now getting back into it. I'm looking for song recommendations to generate some ideas for vids.

Luckylyn

Luckylyn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 11:34 AM

I made a new Farscape video. I wanted to make a fun video showcasing the Aeryn & Chiana friendship and the Aeryn & John relationship. So I made a video where, Chiana gives Aeryn romance advice. You can find the video here

Feedback would be great.

drgnfille

drgnfille

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 10:40 PM

I downloaded this highly recommended vid, "Higher" (Creed), via Farscape Fantasy, and I think I really like the vid, except the Real Player encoding leaves much to be desired, visual-wise. I was wondering if any of you who are familiar with this vid have a higher-res version of it? (I looked for the vid creator and couldn't find her contact info.)

Thanks!

(I should really stop watching these things until I finish watching the whole series...GAH!)

ETA: Duh, I just saw the vidder's email link...will go ask her...my brain must've got shot through a wormhole...

Edited by drgnfille, Apr 11, 2006 @ 10:42 PM.

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2006 @ 1:03 AM

Just looked at your vid Luckylyn. Gotta say, Chiana may make some doozy missteps herself once in a while, but she sees clearer than most when it comes to relationships. Good job.

Thanks for sharing!

Hank

Hank

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2006 @ 2:37 PM

If you're looking for videos, a German Scaper went to the trouble of building a master index. You can find it here. I know it's good; it has my vids.

kayaj2k

kayaj2k

Fanatic

• Interests:(tv-wise): Farscape, Veronica Mars, Dexter, the Whedonverse, Deadwood, Shameless, Friday Night Lights, The Office, Jeopardy, The Daily Show, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Masterpiece Theatre, Mad Men, The X-Files, The Wire, True Blood, Burn Notice, Lost, Glee.

Posted Apr 14, 2006 @ 2:27 PM

This is one I watch whenever I'm feeling nostalgic:

Let Me Entertain You

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2006 @ 7:22 PM

Let Me Entertain You

Oh yeah. That one is really good. I have used it to 'scape newbies. And it works. :)

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2006 @ 8:04 AM

Li Moss has a good one: "Ode to the DRDs", done to "Cadillac" by Combustible Edison. It's near the bottom of http://www.mosslidi.com/ .

Edited by cutecouple, Apr 15, 2006 @ 8:04 AM.

kayaj2k

kayaj2k

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2006 @ 9:55 PM

Have any vids been done to the Queen song "Who Wants to Live Forever"?

Or any Queen songs?

chasarumba

chasarumba

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2006 @ 10:01 PM

Two to "Who Wants to Live Forever" that I can quickly locate:
http://www.anduranov...ers/videos.html (by AnduraNova)
http://www.birgitsvi...ever/index.html (by Birgit)

For general Queen songs, you can sort by artist at Farscape Fantasy or at the new Farscape Music Video Archive.

Shroom

Shroom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2006 @ 10:27 PM

Two excellent vids set to Queen songs are Dallascaper's Boogie or Die (an awesome Won't Get Fooled Again video set to Bohemian Rhapsody) and Curufea's The Show Must Go On (a great Chiana vid focused on her experiences in Taking the Stone and A Clockwork Nebari).

And thanks for that DRD vid rec, cutecouple. So frellin' cute!

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2006 @ 2:01 PM

If you're looking for videos, a German Scaper went to the trouble of building a master index. You can find it here. I know it's good; it has my vids.

Much thanks. Fascinating to see that an entire Evanescence (sp?) album has been vidded.

Edited by cutecouple, May 2, 2006 @ 3:40 PM.

kayaj2k

kayaj2k

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 1:40 PM

Thanks for all the Queen links! I wonder if there are any vids to "Princes of the Universe"? I like to combine my nostalgias.

jfdb

jfdb

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 4:37 PM

Let Me Entertain You

Is that highly spoilerrific? I'm nervous, but I wanna watch.

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 5:11 PM

Is that highly spoilerrific? I'm nervous, but I wanna watch.

How far are you in the series jfdb?

jfdb

jfdb

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 5:18 PM

Season two, episode "Crackers."

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 5:40 PM

Season two, episode "Crackers."

Hummmmmm. How much of a spoiler phobe are you? There is only one real plot spoiler in whole thing and it won't mean much out of context (and it is a Season 2 one - so hurry up). However, there are scenes from all the way through the series sooooo.....

It is one heck of a video though. :D

kayaj2k

kayaj2k

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 5:47 PM

Like FC said, the images are all out of context, so not too spoilery in terms of story. Mostly, you'll be thinking wtf? and itching to watch the rest after some of those shots.

The aforementioned Evanescence vids, however, are very spoilery. But quite good.

jfdb

jfdb

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 7:01 PM

Okay, thanks guys for the heads up. As much as it pains me, I'm going to save all these goodies until after my DVDs arrive and I emerge from my house a quivering mess of Farscape love.

Just to say this out loud: I've never (never!) saved myself (no spoilers) for a show before. Never. I'm incredibly proud and shocked.

kayaj2k

kayaj2k

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 7:19 PM

*pats jfdb on the head* Be strong.

But more importantly, does that mean you actually ordered the DVD??

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 7:31 PM

As a general note, some eps get more vidded then others, and many vids pick scenes from multiple episodes from multiple seasons.

jfdb

jfdb

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 8:30 PM

Hee, I've been trying not to talk about it, but yes, I went on an insane ordering spree. This show, I tell you, I popped my figurative online-shopping cherry for it and then conversely, I'm holding back my spoiler-ho ways for it. Not the most inspirational FS story, but I'm crrrrazy excited. Now I wait. It's the hard part.

I bought everything except 2.2 and 3.2 of which they had no stock. It just means I have to buy them someplace else.

Edited by jfdb, Apr 18, 2006 @ 8:29 PM.

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 10:24 PM

Hee, I've been trying not to talk about it, but yes, I went on an insane ordering spree. This show, I tell you, I popped my figurative online-shopping cherry for it and then conversely, I'm holding back my spoiler-ho ways for it. Not the most inspirational FS story, but I'm crrrrazy excited. Now I wait. It's the hard part.

*snort* That is hilarious. "figurative online-shopping cherry" *snicker*

I bought everything except 2.2 and 3.2 of which they had no stock. It just means I have to buy them someplace else.

ADV films has the allFarscape Starburst Editions on sale for $15.00 US - none are backordered. It is a good price and everything is available.

Anything to help the Farscape addiction. ;)