Mmm, beer! The beer ad thread.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

129 replies to this topic

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

While watching a baseball game today, I saw this ad several times. It was for Miller Lite, I believe. The point of the ad was that the beer came in a "punch top can". WTF? It's a commercial advocating shotgunning beer. Our beer is so bad, now it's easier to get it down faster!

Yup, and it's an intentional business strategy. The faster and smoother a beer goes down, the more you are likely to drink. It's the same thinking that gave us "wide mouth" cans.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 4:55 PM

It's kinda sad that I like the Stella Artois ad music and Heineken ads more than the beverages themselves. I've tried the beers, but just haven't found the ecstacy I'm supposed to find. ::shrug::

Have there been any new Red Stripe ads? Those were fun! Yay Beer!

javalake

javalake

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

the beer came in a "punch top can".

Wait, what? You mean the kind where you use an opener to put holes in it instead of a pull tab? My my, what'll they think of next?

cheryl1213

cheryl1213

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Wait, what? You mean the kind where you use an opener to put holes in it instead of a pull tab? My my, what'll they think of next?

There's a regular tab but also a spot you puncture with whatever implement is handy. The air flow makes the beer come out more smoothly and quicker.

Seems like a waste of innovation department time

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 10:13 AM

In other words, they're advocating shotgunning beers....lovely.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

• Interests:Ennui, regret and baseball. And I do love an ellipses...

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 7:31 PM

For some reason the combination of the words Bud Light Platinum makes me feel hungover without even drinking...

PartlyCloudy

PartlyCloudy

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 10:19 PM

I don't like beer, but those ads for that apple stuff make me want to go out and buy some. And yet when I voice it...Yeasty Apple Beer....ew. It just looks so good.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 3:37 AM

It kinda tastes like wine. I haaaaate beer but it wasn't bad. The advertising sorta worked because the ads are what made me try it but my friend brought me one from her bar, I didn't pay for it.

PartlyCloudy

PartlyCloudy

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 6:43 PM

Hmmm, interesting, Mojo. I'll have to try some.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2013 @ 5:40 AM

If anyone tries the apple ale and has also had hard cider please report! Are they similar, the same, totally different?