ACTOR Jeffrey Dean Morgan: Or Possibly Javier Bardem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1130 replies to this topic

wolfschild

wolfschild

Fanatic

• Interests:entropy, world domination, and writing

Posted Apr 22, 2009 @ 3:53 PM

Apparently, today's his birthday.

Happy birthday!

rosesmitten

rosesmitten

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 27, 2009 @ 3:35 PM

I never disagreed with the assessment that Jefferey Dean Morgan and Javier Bardem look alike, but in this picture...man, they might as well be brothers!

silent

silent

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2009 @ 3:41 PM

Wow - if they ever need someone to play a long lost uncle for Sam and Dean we know who to call ;)

wolfschild

wolfschild

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2009 @ 12:55 PM

Everyone has seen this interview with Craig Ferguson, yes?

Holliday17

Holliday17

Posted May 5, 2009 @ 1:20 PM

Ah! I just saw that interview w/ Craig Ferguson. JDM was alot less giggly than usual. I'd watch that Birds remake!

wolfschild

wolfschild

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2009 @ 12:12 AM

Has anyone else seen The Accidental Husband? I thought he did a really good job in it.

Wendeano

Wendeano

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2010 @ 7:46 AM

Anyone seen The Losers at all? Am debating it for the weekend...trailer looks pretty cool in a Tarantino/Rodriguez-ish sort of way...

norrell

norrell

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2010 @ 7:59 AM

I haven't seen it. I may check it out when it comes out on DVD. JDM's birthday was recently, wasn't it?

banzaicherokee

banzaicherokee

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Travelling<br />Culture<br />Movies<br />Making AMV's (SPN and TMNT)<br />Creative Writing<br />Ju-jitsu

Posted Apr 26, 2010 @ 8:33 AM

I will be seeing it this weekend if you want to wait for my verdict. JDM has just had his b'day last Thursday and yes it is in that vein Wendeano. It should be a laugh.

Zanne

Zanne

Stalker

• Interests:I'm a female of the species - what species, I'll leave up to you. Just to clarify my name since it makes people think I'm a boy...it's not Zane like rain, but Zanne like fan.

Posted Apr 27, 2010 @ 6:49 PM

I saw The Losers today and I really enjoyed it. Lots of things blowing up and a lot of pretty to go with it. The only annoying thing was JDM's character's penchant for wearing his shirt half unbuttoned. Who does that?

Area Woman

Area Woman

Fanatic

• Interests:areawomantwop@gmail.com

Posted Apr 28, 2010 @ 1:17 AM

Jeffrey Dean Morgan will throw you into the sun for questioning his wardrobe choices. Fair warning, Zanne.

Zanne

Zanne

Stalker

• Interests:I'm a female of the species - what species, I'll leave up to you. Just to clarify my name since it makes people think I'm a boy...it's not Zane like rain, but Zanne like fan.

Posted Apr 28, 2010 @ 5:54 PM

I'm questioning Clay's choices, not JDM's. Clay needs to learn how to use buttons properly. They are there for a reason, sir.

Heh. Clay like Jared was Clay in his movie, and there was a Jensen in it, too! It was like old home week.

Demian

Demian

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 5:55 PM

Scandal!

grand sophy

grand sophy

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 7:55 PM

E!Online is a little more gracious about the new baby.

exit only

exit only

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 1:51 PM

I hope Jeffrey Dean Morgan's new TV show, Magic City, is good. If nothing else, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, looks really good.

http://screenrant.co...rz-yman-137370/

Frelling Tralk

Frelling Tralk

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

He was recently asked if he would be willing to return to Supernatural and said he would love too (and seems to really want too?), but says he's never been asked and doesn't think it will ever happen.

"Yes, I would go back if they asked me. My stance has always been that I would love to come back. In fact they have trashed John so fucking much on that show that I would like to go back just to set the record straight the real way...there are a couple of story lines that I'd like to resolve and more importantly those people mean a lot to me"

I wonder why he's never been asked back? It almost makes me wonder if there's bad blood on the part of the producers as they've since, as JDM noted, really emphasised John as a "deadbeat dad", and well it just seems odd to never ask back someone who played a pretty significant role in season 1. Surely there's lots of issues with the brothers current feelings for their father that would be interesting to explore. But then maybe they just found the scheduling conflicts so frustrating during the season 2 finale that they never bothered asking again, who knows. But JDM has always been vocal about having so much fun working with Jared and Jensen, so I'm surprised they couldn't find a way to squeeze him in one episode over the years, or reached out to him at all

Maybe they just don't feel the need to bring John back now that Bobby has become the surrogate father for Sam and Dean...

sallymonelly

sallymonelly

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

now that Bobby has become the surrogate father for Sam and Dean...

Yeah and I feel that was pulled out of Gamble's ass since nothing before season 6 even hinted that Bobby had raised the kids, or had much to do with them while they were growing up.

Now Bobby's dead and not likely to come back. If he's a ghost, and god I hope not because that's just stupid, I can't see why JDM can't make an appearance here and there for a flashback. I'd love to see how John and Dean interacted without Sam there. I'm rather tired of watching Dean's only interaction be with Sam, which is why I enjoyed Dean and Cas so much. So, having JDM would be cool. Especially since I felt Dean and John had great chemistry. JDM and Jensen really played off each other very well.

Zanne

Zanne

Stalker

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:42 PM

I wonder why he's never been asked back? It almost makes me wonder if there's bad blood on the part of the producers as they've since, as JDM noted, really emphasised John as a "deadbeat dad", and well it just seems odd to never ask back someone who played a pretty significant role in season 1.

I don't know the exact wording because I wasn't there, but my friends talked to some behind-the-scenes people and gathered that JDM wasn't very nice to the "little people" (i.e., crew). He was very nice to the other actors, but not so much to those who weren't. While the crew has no say in who gets called back, it seems they are perfectly happy if he never shows up again.

Again, I wasn't there so it's second-hand, but my friends (actual people I know, not internet people!) don't make stuff up. They were really disappointed that he was reportedly kind of a jerk.

Frelling Tralk

Frelling Tralk

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 8:58 AM

That makes some sense as it always seemed to me like something must have happened behind the scenes for them to never reach out to JDM when he was publically saying he would love to return. It's a shame though as, putting aside how the actor may have conducted himself as a person, the character was still an important enough one that I think it would add a lot if they could get him back for at least one more appearance before the show wraps up. It would add a really nice nostalgic note for the final season especially, and would give Jensen some great scenes to play if he was confronted by say the ghost of his father after all of his disillusionment with John since seasons 1 and 2

sallysweeet

sallysweeet

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

JDM's new TV show, "Magic City" has been renewed for a second season even before it premieres.

Starz is giving Magic City a huge vote of confidence: The network has renewed the show for a 10-episode second season before it has even premiered.

Starz will air a sneak preview of Magic City following the season finale of Sparatcus: Vengeance on Friday, March 30. The show premieres Friday, April 6 at 10/9c.

Source

bilski

bilski

Channel Surfer

• Interests:hockey and music and supernat

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 12:47 AM

ahaha great thread! Every time I see Javier Bardem, all I see is JDM, my affliction towards Supernatural has blurred out Javier and I will forever see Jeff Morgan, the toughest dad that ever lived with the softest eyes, who provided perfect combat survival and training to his sons, that came with much sacrifice. Knowingly gives up really, ever knowing his sons, but ensures they grow up well prepared well groomed men with the best tactics, meow mix.