ACTOR Jeffrey Dean Morgan: Or Possibly Javier Bardem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1130 replies to this topic

pheebs1

pheebs1

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 4:59 PM

So we can talk about the actor who plays HotDad! and his Gravelly voice and manly beard as much as we like.

The wonder that is Jeffrey that has us hunting down old Walker Texas Ranger episodes.

What else have we seen and liked Jeffrey in?

What is it that we love so?

Edited by pheebs1, Mar 14, 2006 @ 4:59 PM.

batina34

batina34

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 5:01 PM

Congrats to JDM getting his own thread! I really do love that man. Can't wait to see more of him on whatever he does GA or SPN or something else.

aithne414

aithne414

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 5:01 PM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, JDM topic! *tosses confetti*

JDM is hot. :) And having only seen him in two shows, both of which he's been really sweet and charming and gentle in so far, I'm glad to hear from everyone that he's been edgy or villainous in other shows... it encourages me for what he's yet to do on Supernatural. :)

Kaiya

Kaiya

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 5:09 PM

Wheeee!!! *breaks out the champagne and hard liquor*

It's interesting how an actor can remain hidden for so long then appears in just the right show and *poof* he's got a following. I've looked on the internet and short of sites like IMBD, there are no fansites for him.

*walks away mumbling "I will not create another website... I will not..."*

bethy

bethy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 5:15 PM

From Doppelgangers:

*makes mental note of Tru Calling and Angel eps to try and hunt them down*

Me, too.

Is Tru Calling on DVD yet?

And the men of Supernatural continue to wreak havoc on my Netflix queue!

bethy

bethy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 5:21 PM

I'm sorry, but this cracked me up considering the reaction Sam and Dean in their priest outfits got. One of JDM's guest roles...

"The Division"
... aka Heart of the City
- Forgive Me, Father (2002) TV Episode .... Father William Natali

Crap. And I guess I'm going to have to risk Mischa Barton and her shoulder blades because he was in an episode of The OC, too.

Edited by bethy, Mar 14, 2006 @ 5:23 PM.

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 5:22 PM

For those who don't know specifics, the Angel ep JDM was in was "Provider" in season 3. And, in that episode, he played a character named Sam Ryan.

batina34

batina34

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 6:04 PM

Isn't he the dead husband on some show? Showtime's Weeds or something like that? Or am I just making that up?

Signy

Signy

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 6:05 PM

Yay! *doing the happy fangurl dance* I'm so happy there is a forum where I can gush about JDM to my heart's content!

The man is so fine, especially as Daddy Winchester with his sexy beard, gravelly voice, and cocky Dean-grin.

I've never watched Grey's Anatomy because I hate Meredith, but I tuned in on Sunday night just to see JDM. And I loved the actress who plays Izzy on Roswell, so it's all good. I just mute the Meh.

Does anybody know which episode of the OC he was on? I have season one and two on DVD.

BrainyBlonde

BrainyBlonde

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 6:12 PM

Woohoo! Thanks for starting this thread, pheebs! Let the JDM lovin' begin!

I was a HUGE Angel fan and I think that I remember JDM being on the show. If I'm not mistaken, he played a client of Angel's who was gay and had lost a lover to vampires.

As for his appearance on The O.C., I read the TWoP recap of the ep several weeks ago, and JDM was only in one scene, playing a convict that Peter Gallagher's character goes to visit in jail. So, I don't know if the ep's worth a DVD rental or not, but who knows? Jailbird JDM might be hot. :)

Okay, I know that on the ep threads some people have said that they think Jeffrey looks like Robert Downey, Jr. I don't see that at all. I think he looks like he could be Javier Bardem's smokin' hot older brother. The dark coloring, the eyebrows, the mouth, even the eyes are very similar. I've been in lust with Javier for years, so that explains my attraction to JDM.

Edited by Demian, Mar 14, 2006 @ 6:31 PM.

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 6:18 PM

BrainyBlonde, they never said the guy who died was his lover. Just his very best friend. But, hey, who knows.

Edited by Demian, Mar 14, 2006 @ 6:31 PM.

Demian

Demian

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 6:32 PM

None of that stuff counts as spoilers.

Isn't he the dead husband on some show? Showtime's Weeds or something like that?

Yes, he is, but I think he appeared only in the first episode.

Signy

Signy

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 7:03 PM

Now I remember that OC episode! Peter Gallagher plays a lawyer who is looking for an old flame who was a 1960s radical and is one the run for her involvement in a bombing that killed someone. JDM plays a fellow radical who got caught and has been in jail ever since. He's very bitter and angry and kinda smoldering. I'll have to go back and watch it again!

Kaiya

Kaiya

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 8:01 PM

Jailbird JDM might be hot. :)

Especially is he's in handcuffs... gotta love a man in cuffs ;)

He's very bitter and angry and kinda smoldering.

Never watched the OC but that sounds like it has lots of potential.

Jeffrey looks like Robert Downey, Jr

RDJ is very unappealing to me so I don't see that resemblance at all. Yuck, in fact (sorry to any RDJ fans out there)

kierens25

kierens25

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 8:46 PM

Never watched the OC but that sounds like it has lots of potential.

Don't put yourself through the hell that is The O.C. just for JDM. Just check out the Angel episode. Angel kicks ass and so does JDM.

I had no idea he was so young! He's only 39 and yet he is playing the dad of a 28 year old...go figure. He is definitely a hot, hot man. All mysterious and evasive. I love it!

Demian

Demian

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 8:49 PM

Jeffrey looks like Robert Downey, Jr

Hey! That's what I said!

Kaiya

Kaiya

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 9:01 PM

Don't put yourself through the hell that is The O.C. just for JDM. Just check out the Angel episode. Angel kicks ass and so does JDM.

I've watched a few eps of Angel though I must admit I liked Spike better :) My normal source of TV eps doesn't have just that one. I'd have to get all 5 seasons. Have to keep searching. I did find GA though.

I had no idea he was so young! He's only 39 and yet he is playing the dad of a 28 year old...go figure. He is definitely a hot, hot man. All mysterious and evasive. I love it!

39 is young! Whoohoo!! I feel better now ;) He has such an awesome smile too. Those dimples and all *sigh*

simpatico

simpatico

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 12:22 AM

For those who don't know specifics, the Angel ep JDM was in was "Provider" in season 3. And, in that episode, he played a character named Sam Ryan.

I was a HUGE Angel fan and I think that I remember JDM being on the show. If I'm not mistaken, he played a client of Angel's who was gay and had lost a lover to vampires.

OK, I watched that entire season on DVD a couple months ago, and I still don't remember him or that episode. Can anyone give me more details? *wracks brain*

I definitely see the Robert Downey, Jr resemblence though. It's the eyes. And yes, I did once find RDJ hot, when he was on Ally McBeal. He's kind of eccentric now, but after that much coke, who wouldn't be?

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:35 AM

OK, I watched that entire season on DVD a couple months ago, and I still don't remember him or that episode. Can anyone give me more details? *wracks brain*

"Provider" takes place right after Connor was born. Angel becomes obsessed with making lots of money to provide for the little tyke, which leads to the Fang Gang maybe biting off more than they can chew. JDM's character offers Angel big bucks to clean out a Nest O' Vamps who, we later learn, killed his best friend.

BrainyBlonde

BrainyBlonde

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 11:44 AM

Head's up, my people! Jeffrey's ep of Angel, Provider, will air on TNT Tuesday, March 21st at 7AM E.S.T. This should save everyone a Netflix rental! :)

Kaiya

Kaiya

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 1:02 PM

Head's up, my people! Jeffrey's ep of Angel, Provider, will air on TNT Tuesday, March 21st at 7AM E.S.T. This should save everyone a Netflix rental! :)

Cool! That's actually a channel my crappy apt cable has :) Thanks, Brainy!

thelibrarian

thelibrarian

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 2:43 PM

I'm glad TNT is airing the episode. My Netflix queue is a little pathetic right now - Season 4 of Smallville, Season 2 of Dark Angel, Devour, New York Minute...what those people must think of me. :-)

What else do we know about JDM? I vaguely recall reading an article with Kripke saying that he REALLY wanted JDM for the role. Kripke had seen JDM in something and was impressed, but I don't remember what that "something" was.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 2:52 PM

I caught him on a rerun of an early Monk episode last weekend, he looked so young! And dorky...they had him in these God awful glasses.

Kaiya

Kaiya

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 3:51 PM

Here is a short little blurb about our man:

Scroll down to TV Hat Trick

BrainyBlonde

BrainyBlonde

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 4:23 PM

Lookie, what I found! Jeffrey did an independent film called "Jam" that hasn't been released yet, but it's got a website: Jam

There are several photos of Jeffrey on both the Cast and Photos pages, and he appears in several scenes of the Promo/Trailer. Looks like he's playing a divorced dad with two kids. He's workin' that red t-shirt. YUM! And is that a tattoo I see on his right arm? Did he have a tatt in the Supernatural pilot? I guess that that would have worked with John being a military man and all.

bethy

bethy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 4:26 PM

"I was sick as a dog. I had the flu. I said, 'I'm so sorry, but I feel lousy.' They said, 'It's working for you. Can you do that all the time?"" And that's how he wound up playing the character he describes as "the man I want to be, other than the little heart thing."

Very cute. And kind of interesting that he'd want to be Denny, heart condition aside.

simpatico

simpatico

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 4:51 PM

He had a tatt on his upper left arm, but I don't know about his right.

Kaiya

Kaiya

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 4:51 PM

He's workin' that red t-shirt.

Awww.... he looks so cute! Loved the mussed up hair :)

Aw now I'm gonna have to re-looksee at pilot to see if he has a tatt, unless anyone can remember?

I don't remember either so I guess we have homework now don't we :)

aithne414

aithne414

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 5:07 PM

Oh, the photos are adorable! What a pretty man. :)

And I don't recall seeing the tattoo in the pilot, but I do remember Demian mentioning it in his recap. I'm of the opinion (being an old Oz fan, and having been inundated with body art) that tattoos make a man hotter, if they're done right. :) I'd like to see what his is, but I doubt we'll get the chance, what with all the layers of clothing Supernatural favors on its characters. :P

kierens25

kierens25

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 5:08 PM

No need. I have seasons 1-5 of Angel on DVD. I am that obsessed. What can I say...David is hot.

Oh, the photos are adorable! What a pretty man. :)

Pretty man indeed.