CSI: Miami in the Media: Headlines in The Miami Herald

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

219 replies to this topic

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 5:00 PM

The Miami Herald was the only Miami publication I could think of off the top of my head, so it was the one I used. (It is real and not a figment of my imagination, right?)

Anyway, I know media mentions crop up occasionally, especially people who snark on Horatio almost as much as we here at TWoP do, so I thought I would provide a place for us to link to and discuss those media sightings. :)

The Phantom Men

The Phantom Men

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 3:24 PM

CNN has a new story that declares CSI: SOJ the most popular US show worldwide. OK, what do they see that we on TWoP are missing? Is HoCaine's German voiceover actor knocking it out of the park?

Edited by The Phantom Men, Apr 4, 2006 @ 3:24 PM.

Banana Tooth

Banana Tooth

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 4:00 PM

Maybe it's because most shows probably lose a lot in translation, but this show has nowhere to go but up. The dialogue is so simplistic that there's nothing to lose. Maybe when they translate it they even change it to make sense.

CANNES, France (Hollywood Reporter) -- Twelve years after his ill-fated departure from "NYPD Blue," David Caruso can now claim to be one of the biggest Hollywood stars in the world.

Please, don't let DC see that. Good grief.

giesla

giesla

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2006 @ 9:58 AM

Mostly an article about Emily Procter, but there is some HoCaine snark worth reading...

http://www.palmbeach...r_west_win.html

noahsotherwife

noahsotherwife

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2006 @ 9:08 AM

The Detroit News has listed David Caruso as a Facially Challenged actor.

Merreh

Merreh

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2006 @ 11:50 AM

DC should be the patron saint of facially challenged actors, but I can't believe some of the other folks on the list. Kiefer Sutherland does not belong on the same list as DC.

callie lee 29

callie lee 29

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2006 @ 3:01 PM

For your entertainment pleasure...

http://www.star-ecen...09&sec=tvnradio

noahsotherwife

noahsotherwife

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2006 @ 3:40 PM

My favorite line:

Save for Horatio’s often hard-to-swallow GQ-style posing and his high-handed lessons on morality, the supervisors all have very admirable traits.

So very true.

LisMin

LisMin

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2006 @ 8:13 PM

If only I had a scanner! I cut a page out of Empire (I think it was Empire anyway) years ago because I nearly burst myself laughing. It's about 20 of the same picture of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones and every picture is supposed to express a different emotion (a few I can think of are: happy, constipated, sad, hungry, bloated, ambivalent etc). The funny thing is that even though they're all identical you can really see it covering all 20 options! :)

BlueFawn

BlueFawn

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2006 @ 1:27 PM

EP is on the cover of the big tv guide right now, previewing the next season.

applepie77

applepie77

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 7:43 AM

I didn't see a separate scheduling thread for this show, so I'll ask here. When exactly does the new season begin? I need to set up my dvr, since I'm going to also track Studio60 (only because of my love for Aaron Sorkin),which I believe is on at the same time as CSI. I'm wierdly drawn to CSI, though, so I might watch CSI and TiVo S60. There must be something wrong w/me!

LisMin

LisMin

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2006 @ 10:55 AM

According to the CBS website it's starting Sept 18th (@ 10pm ET/PT) =)

applepie77

applepie77

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2006 @ 10:04 AM

Over in the Dennis Franz v David Caruso thread, there is a blurb about some kind of "incident" between HoCaine and Mr. Franz at an LA restaurant. From that post:

At one point Franz allegedly poked Caruso in the chest at which point Caruso jumped into a martial arts stance.

Ok, first, Franz could probably kick Caruso's ass since Caruso looks smallish on TV. But more important for me, how did the SOJ's hold up??????? Where would the SOJ's be in a "martial arts stance"? Must. Preserve. The. SOJ's.

Taylor Ann

Taylor Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2006 @ 1:36 AM

Caruso doesn't wear them in private. And he gets 250 pairs at the beginning of every season - custom-made.

Yountfan

Yountfan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 19, 2006 @ 1:02 PM

Wow. Just.... wow.... (via tvtattle.com)

'CSI: Miami' Goes Global

The 'CSI' spinoff is now ranked No. 1 on the planet....

"I really think Horatio Caine has become iconic," Donahue said. "Wherever David goes now, he'll go to Cannes or overseas in the summer, he's like one of the Beatles."

That's a more stunning revelation then An Inconvenient Truth when it comes to the state of our planet.

Edited by Yountfan, Sep 19, 2006 @ 1:05 PM.

beakermuppet

beakermuppet

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2006 @ 8:06 AM

I cannot, cannot imagine large groups of women screaming, fainting and chucking themselves in front of his car which is what happened to the Beatles. I can imagine him being completely ignored.

Most people I know wouldn't recognise him.

Edited by beakermuppet, Sep 20, 2006 @ 8:09 AM.

Merreh

Merreh

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2006 @ 9:10 PM

I cannot, cannot imagine large groups of women screaming, fainting and chucking themselves in front of his car which is what happened to the Beatles.

I don't know. I think he could make me throw myself in front of a car.

Taylor Ann

Taylor Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 1:49 AM

If Caruso would sit in it.....

Truth to be told Ann Donahue likes to exaggerate a bit when it comes to her golden boy.

Yountfan

Yountfan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 2, 2006 @ 1:22 PM

From Florida to Frankfurt: Spinoff's not only an Eye opener but a global phenomenon

According to a study by London-based media research outfit Informa, the skein that features the exploits of David Caruso and his team of medical investigators was the most successful TV show worldwide in 2005.

"David (Caruso) is a version of the great American hero. You know he's going to get the bad guy," [David Stapf, CBS Paramount Network TV] says, "but anybody can relate to that idealized sense that he is on the side of right."

Again I weep for this planet.

Edited by Yountfan, Oct 2, 2006 @ 1:24 PM.

Taylor Ann

Taylor Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2006 @ 3:17 AM

"David (Caruso) is a version of the great American hero. You know he's going to get the bad guy," [David Stapf, CBS Paramount Network TV] says, "but anybody can relate to that idealized sense that he is on the side of right."

Obvioulsy, Stapf didn't take a glimpse into Caruso's private life - 3 divorces, one palimony suit - a GF with a more than shady past ....WTF

BlueFawn

BlueFawn

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2006 @ 8:55 PM

EP was on the CBS morning show yesterday, whoever the interviewer was asked if she had anticipated the success of the show and she made a comment to the effect of she and David Caruso were standing around one day and said, "wow, we're going to end up spending the rest of our lives together."

Just wanted to leave y'all with that pleasant imagery before bedtime.

Taylor Ann

Taylor Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 2:01 AM

EP was on the CBS morning show yesterday, whoever the interviewer was asked if she had anticipated the success of the show and she made a comment to the effect of she and David Caruso were standing around one day and said, "wow, we're going to end up spending the rest of our lives together."

That was Emily Procter. As long as it isn't fat Ann Donahue I'm relieved.

Edited by Taylor Ann, Oct 4, 2006 @ 2:13 AM.

Jumaolster

Jumaolster

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2006 @ 3:17 AM

A palimony suit? Really? I must've missed that, what's it about? and who won?
I also had no idea LM has a * past. What did she do?

Just cause I'm 100 % curious.
:-)

Taylor Ann

Taylor Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2006 @ 4:15 AM

In 1994 - shortly after he had left NYPD Blue - he also left his then girlfriend PARIS PAPIRRO. Paris was his live-in girlfriend for approx. 4 years. She was a masseuse and gave up her career to live with the difficult actor in his house in Beverly Hills.
Paris was very upset about the sudden end of the realtionship. She sued Caruso for palimony. She asked for 8 Million bucks. The dispute was settled in 1995. Caruso had to payy an undisclosed sum to his ex-girlfriend.

New project = new woman. Soon therafter at the premiere of "Jade" Caruso was seen with his 3rd wife Margaret Buckley (whom he divorced after CSi Miami became a success).

LM was a table-dancer (it is rumoured that she did a lot more than just dance) in a club in Burbank, CA. They say she targeted dear old David until he noticed her more or less. His marriage with Margaret was on the rocks then (2004).
To make her look "better" in the press they made a Yoga-teacher out of her.

People say that he still dates other women on the side (see restaurant disturbance with Franz). They say he has got a roaming eye for extras who are only hired for one or two episodes. His trailer sees a lot of female visitors these days.

Edited by Taylor Ann, Oct 6, 2006 @ 4:28 AM.

Jumaolster

Jumaolster

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2006 @ 9:33 AM

I just looked up his imdb profile.

His son was born in sept 2005, and he divorced MB in August 2005, I guess that made for some pretty uncomfortable dinner conversations, huh.

I figure LM is probably content this way, coming from no where and landing in a pile of luxury. Besides, even if he does leave her one day, she'll be well taken care of for the rest of her life.

A wandering guy is not what I look for, but I have a couple of girlfriends who are perfectly happy closing an eye or two when hubby comes home smelling of someone elses parfume, they're more into it because of financial security and a comfy life.

And I guess he has lots of charisma.

AH well, as long as they're happy...

Taylor Ann

Taylor Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2006 @ 1:45 AM

Just to add another small detail: His first wife Cheri Maugans divorced him 1983 - three month before his daugther with wife number 2 was born. Do you see the pattern here?

I have to laugh when I read postings on other boards that David CARUSO must be like Horatio Caine in real life - or he wouldn't be able to protray him the way he is.

THE MAN IS AN ACTOR.

Fact is, he never acted like a gentlemen when he left the women he married. They more or less had to read it in the papers what their hubby was doing last night.

Edited by Taylor Ann, Oct 8, 2006 @ 2:51 AM.

Taylor Ann

Taylor Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2006 @ 4:46 AM

CARUSO: NO MORE LOVE FOR HIS FANS????

I've came across half a dozen blogs that indictae that Sir David Caruso doesn't want to be bothered by pesky fan-mail anymore.

Is it time for reality check for the CSi Miami lead?
No fans = No Job = No Money = No Fame.

Or maybe he wants to take another 10-year-break.

(http://perezhilton.c...opic.php?t=5588 )

As a fan I am more than only confused....

Edited by Taylor Ann, Oct 12, 2006 @ 5:38 AM.

javalake

javalake

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2006 @ 1:41 PM

Emily Proctor has an interview in today's Parade magazine. Not much of substance.

Taylor Ann

Taylor Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2006 @ 1:43 AM

Is it just me or has there started a media-blitz around CSi Miami? I've come across 5 articles - all about CSI Miami lately. They are not saying much just THAT ALL ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME. Why is this? Are rates going down?

Taylor Ann

Taylor Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2006 @ 7:21 AM

Caruso’s antics force Eye network to attempt unprecedented television trade

HOLLYWOOD ‘ Despite its ratings success with ‘CSI: Miami,’ CBS has proposed a blockbuster TV trade deal that would send David Caruso to NBC for Neal McDonough and three future minor actors from the drama ‘Medical Investigation.’ With only four months left in the season, the announcement came as a surprise. But CBS says Caruso has been causing problems on the set of ‘CSI: Miami,’ and it feels McDonough would be a better team player for CBS. The unprecedented move by CBS has led other networks to follow suit. ABC is now attempting to trade the entire cast of ‘According to Jim’ for actress Shelly Morrison who plays ‘Rosario,’ the feisty El Salvadoran housekeeper on ‘Will & Grace.’

The trade took a step forward Monday when the Screen Actors Guild approved a key change to Caruso’s contract that is required to complete the deal. The trade is likely to be finalized between Wednesday afternoon and Friday. Caruso’s contract currently contains a provision that calls for CBS’ $3 million option for 2006 to become guaranteed if he is traded and for a $4 million show option for 2007 to be added, one that would carry a $4.5 million buyout. As part of the trade, Caruso will sign an addendum to his contract voiding that provision.

There have been rumors on the internet that Caruso could turn the trade deal into a disaster by resigning as soon as he gets to NBC. None of those rumors have been substantiated.

‘David is a wonderful actor, and everyone’s aware of that,’ says Brian Foreman, Caruso’s former agent. ‘Television is an interesting medium. I think David feels that the small screen may just be too small for his acting desires. I don’t know what he’s thinking, and I haven’t talked to him. However, I think it would be wise for David to leave TV behind and head for greener pastures on the big screen. As his former agent, that’s the best advice I could give to him right now.’

In ‘CSI: Miami,’ Caruso plays crime scene investigator Horatio Cane. Each week Cane trusts his gut instincts as much as science, while investigating evil crimes. McDonough would take over his role on the CBS show while Caruso would play Dr. Stephen Connor on ‘Medical Investigation.’

‘It’s a much better trade deal for Caruso,’ says Paul Deroy of L.A.’s Daily News. ‘Since ‘Medical Investigation’ debuted last September, it has acquired new executive producers, shifted to a greater focus on humanity rather than science, and allowed its leading man to become less gruff and more team oriented. ‘Medical Investigation’ is on its way up.’

Deroy adds that American viewers are becoming worn-out by dead body shows like ‘CSI.’

‘The reason ‘Medical Investigation’ is such a great show is because it’s about the National Institute of Health. That’s a very sexy organization right now,’ says Deroy. ‘NBC is aware of that, and that’s why they’ve ordered three pilots. One is called ‘WHO’ (World Health Organization) and the others are ‘Surgeon General,’ and ‘The Pharmacy,’ a drama about two pharmacists who work long hours trying to save customers money by giving them the generic brands.

ABC is also working hard to make its television trade a reality as the entire cast of ‘According to Jim’ has been told about the trade deal with Shelly Morrison, the housekeeper on ‘Will & Grace.’

‘We think Shelly is so great as Rosario,’ says ABC spokesman Gerry Bell. ‘We think just having her on screen for a half an hour will be a big lift for ‘According to Jim’ which would be renamed ‘According to Shelly.’ I hope she still does that funny accent and all.’

There’s a clause in Jim Belushi’s contract that would allow NBC to ‘bench’ him for the rest of the season and rely on the actors from ‘According to Jim’ to be recurring actors on ‘Will & Grace.’ Actress Courtney Thorne-Smith would be used as WAITRESS #1 in an upcoming episode while actor Larry Joe Campbell would be hired as a paid-audience member.

http://datelineholly...stigation-star/