Commercials That Make You Scratch Your Head

• Please log in to reply

7846 replies to this topic

Jess Sayin

Jess Sayin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 3:15 PM

...nothing to see here...move along...

Edited by Jess Sayin, Apr 9, 2014 @ 3:16 PM.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 7:05 PM

There is an ad for Vagisil wipes where the VoiceOver says that itching can happen At Any Time. One of the shots is a woman sitting at her desk presumably at work. The ad says that you can use these anywhere.

Um. What? Is she supposed to use them at her desk?

I haven't seen that commercial -- and don't need to -- but thanks for making me laugh. 

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 10:36 AM

This is one of those products that make me very, very angry. No one's selling ball wipes for men's sweaty, smelly testicles. Vagisil and their sister product, Summer's Eve, shilling stuff for my "V" (it's called a vagina, you fuckwads, and it doesn't need nor want heavily perfumed, overly detergented soap) can die in a fire. I'm sure they would burn pretty fast because no doubt that shit is highly flammable.

So basically they're promoting the idea that highly flammable wipes with 'pretty' scents can set your vagina on fire but it's worth it to smell sweet for those around you?

That ranks under footbinding, but still pretty high on the 'degrading and dangerous ways women are tormented by their societies' scale.

neurochick

neurochick

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 1:59 PM

I don't get it I don't get it I don't get it!!! And it's (obviously) driving me crazy. Why is the dad a hamster? Why does the girl have animated birds flying around her head, and why is she speaking a foreign language? Why does one of the sons look like he's 35 years old? Why does the other son have a random accent? What is this commercial??

I love that commercial for the simple reason that you're not supposed to get it.  It makes no sense, you just go with it.  Every time I see that commercial I crack up because it's so silly.

mmecorday

mmecorday

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 3:59 PM

This is one of those products that make me very, very angry. No one's selling ball wipes for men's sweaty, smelly testicles. Vagisil and their sister product, Summer's Eve, shilling stuff for my "V" (it's called a vagina, you fuckwads, and it doesn't need nor want heavily perfumed, overly detergented soap) can die in a fire. I'm sure they would burn pretty fast because no doubt that shit is highly flammable.

A few years ago there was a commercial for a yeast infection product that suggested women who have beastly yeasties feel the need to dress like the Unibomber. Maybe I don't understand what it is to be feminine, but that's never been the case for me.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 5:13 PM

There is an ad for Vagisil wipes where the VoiceOver says that itching can happen At Any Time. One of the shots is a woman sitting at her desk presumably at work. The ad says that you can use these anywhere.

Um. What? Is she supposed to use them at her desk? Just whip out the ol' hoo-ha and start rubbing away while pulling the TPS reports? I mean, *I* would think that you should go to the bathroom and discreetly take care of the problem and you don't need this expensive probably non-biodegradable product to do it.

Where do you dispose of the used ones, in your office/cubical's trashcan, where everyone nearby can smell the mixture of "medicine" and whatever you wiped off yourself down there?

A few years ago there was a commercial for a yeast infection product that suggested women who have beastly yeasties feel the need to dress like the Unibomber.

Wait, they don't? *snerk*

Actually, I've seen quite a few ads that imply that.

Cobalt Stargazer

Cobalt Stargazer

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 5:46 PM

Um. What? Is she supposed to use them at her desk? Just whip out the ol' hoo-ha and start rubbing away while pulling the TPS reports? I mean, *I* would think that you should go to the bathroom and discreetly take care of the problem and you don't need this expensive probably non-biodegradable product to do it.

My sister emailed me about this ad, and I was like, Wow, really? I have a friend who buys baby wipes even though he doesn't have kids, but he uses them to clean the stuff in his toolbox because he says he'd never use one on an actual baby. I can only imagine that these wipes are based on the same principle.

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 5:53 PM

The thing is, if you are having such violent itching that you feel the need to buy Special Wipes, get thee to a doctor posthaste, milady. As others have mentioned, pull on your hoodie and skulk on over to the GYN and get your ladygarden checked out, because itching so much that you "need" wipes is not in the normal realm of vaginal health. And P.S. Those wipes are most likely going to make itching worse in the long run; the active ingredient is pramoxine hydrochloride, an anesthetic (so you're only temporarily halting the itching), and the fourth ingredient is glycerin, which can act as a sugar that--guess what?--feeds yeast. Having a sensitivity to glycerin myself, I don't use glycerin-based products in that area.

This has been brought to you by the Council for TMI. And now you know.

It has also recently been discovered that methylisothiazolinone, a preservative in baby wipes, may cause rashes.

georgiadawg

georgiadawg

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 8:58 AM

No one's selling ball wipes for men's sweaty, smelly testicles.

Well, not a wipe. But for men there's......

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B00A8OGM5A

Edited by georgiadawg, Apr 11, 2014 @ 9:00 AM.

smittykins

smittykins

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 10:22 AM

And just below, "Frequently bought together," is "Dude Wipes."

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 12:15 PM

Thank you for that laugh, georgiadawg! "Fresh Balls"! I'm dying!

cosmom

cosmom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 12:30 PM

Too bad Shweddy Balls is used for something else. 

I giggle like a loon just thinking Shweddy Balls.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 6:18 PM

Well, there's this for men's balls ...

https://www.youtube....h?v=mPwhMoQBg_8

cosmom

cosmom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 9:53 AM

There's a commercial for Vaseline Intensive Care lotion that is airing now - it shows a woman in some fancy form of leotard and the camera slowly pans around her body.  I keep getting distracted by the lump on her butt - is she growing a tail?

eta: Cause I really do know how to spell words correctly. 

Edited by cosmom, Apr 12, 2014 @ 10:17 AM.

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 10:52 PM

Then there's "Imagine; knowing you're pregnant THE MOMENT IT HAPPENS" 

Let us think on this a moment; just how would such a home pregnancy test like this work? Do you take the test while your having sex  or run to the bathroom the second you are done?

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 12:26 AM

Well, pregnancy doesn't occur right after sex (remember, conception and implantation are two different processes), so one need not roll over and pee on a stick.  But when I hear that pitch, I do wonder how many people try to take one of those tests within hours after intercourse.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 5:54 PM

There's a commercial for Vaseline Intensive Care lotion that is airing now - it shows a woman in some fancy form of leotard and the camera slowly pans around her body.  I keep getting distracted by the lump on her butt - is she growing a tail?

I see what you mean. I think she's wearing a top and shorts, and that bump is where the top overlaps the bottom.

The blue scaly surround makes me think of Mystique from X-Men.

Edited by peeayebee, Apr 13, 2014 @ 5:55 PM.