Where in the US Will CSI Go Next?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

108 replies to this topic

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 7:13 PM

If there ever is a 4th CSI (and you know they'll try it considering how many times Dick Wolf has tried to get a 4th L&O version on the air, and may get it depending on the current one), I would personally love it if it were in Chicago. I think Gary Sinise would have enjoyed that as well since he's from there, but no, after picking unorthodox locations like Las Vegas and Miami they had to go with the old standby of NYC. Oh well.

For the more unlikely suggestion, CSI:Honolulu would be pretty awesome. They could even use that actual bounty hunter named Dog in an episode! ;)

Leevee

Leevee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 7:57 PM

Naw dude, Colorado. CSI: Denver, oh yes. That would be awesome.

Or I could just be biased. Heh. CSI: Aurora. Give the suburbs some love!

Merreh

Merreh

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 8:52 PM

I'd have to agree with both CSI: Chicago and CSI: Aurora since i'm from Aurora, IL, which is outside of Chicago.

I remember reading somewhere before CSI:NY came out that they were thinking about putting it in New Orleans. Obviously recent history would have complicated things, but I was hoping that was going to happen. The south in general would be a wonderful place for a CSI, with such rich history and culture.

Namarie

Namarie

Stalker

• Interests:Writing, reading, TV (The X-Files, Fringe, Doctor Who, Life, Bones, Numb3rs, NCIS, Firefly, Buffy, Angel), movies, music, languages

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 11:32 PM

Heh. This just reminds me unfailingly of Weird Al's song "Couch Potato," when he sarcastically mentions CSI: Boise. :) But seriously, if they must create a new one (which I hope they don't), I would suggest Seattle! Personal bias there.

Leevee

Leevee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 12:45 AM

Haha, I was more talking about CSI: Aurora, Colorado. We're the third largest city and police department in the state, that's gotta count for something! Plus, our murder rate went up 200% last year. Awesome, right? I mean, in a bad way. Bad awesome.

Merreh

Merreh

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 1:38 PM

Leevee-

Hate to be off topic, but last I heard, Aurora, Illinois was the third largest city in Illinois as well. A little uncanny.

shootingstars

shootingstars

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 2:55 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a CSI: D.C. ...(as in Washington).

jonnypaul12

jonnypaul12

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 5:07 PM

I think the next spinoff would have to be either Chicago or L.A.--they probably have the highest crime rates of the remaining major cities. They've already done an epsiode of CSI: Original in L.A., so that seems the most logical choice. If New Orleans is no longer an option they could always try Dallas or Houston, but I don't see that happening. Although with their fondness for rain, maybe CSI: Seattle? It is supposedly the suicide capital of the U.S.

Edited by jonnypaul12, Mar 11, 2006 @ 5:09 PM.

Karoline

Karoline

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 7:41 PM

I've always hoped for a new spinoff in LA. But now that you mention it, Chicago would be cool too.

rimfire

rimfire

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 11:46 AM

LA and Chicago have both been "done" many times (LA more than Chicago.) DC might be interesting with all the headaches interaction with the federal agencies and political and diplomatic figures could cause, plus there's all that cream-of-the-society vs poorest-of-the-poor drama that works so well.

I like the idea of somewhere in the south (maybe Atlanta or Charlotte) better still. Houston and Seattle are also good choices which have kind of a distinctive city "culture." Boston has that kind of cultural identity as well (and its police department has had a HUGE chip on its shoulder for many, many years which could make for much drama), but I really think it's too close to NY for the next spin-off, seeing it's in the northeast.

I was also a little disappointed when they chose NY over New Orleans, but I guess it worked out. Katrina would have left the standard CSI-type business-as-usual with a kind of alternate-reality feel to it (although, come to think of it, it could have been really interesting to see how they "rebuilt" the police/CSI department fictionally, at least.)

gnbhull

gnbhull

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 1:06 PM

This is an odd thread for me to read since I'm playing around with a parody, CSI: Higglytown, based on HoCaine ending up on the preschool TV show "Higglytown Heroes."

Wyldemusick

Wyldemusick

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 11:44 PM

I want to see a CSI: Tucson. I think that would be bizarre fun myself.

Glark

Glark

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 1:07 AM

They've already done an epsiode of CSI: Original in L.A., so that seems the most logical choice.

That episode really seemed like it was a backdoor pilot so if it was going to happen I think it would have by now.

Going outside the US for a moment I'd personally love to a see a take on CSI: Tokyo.

Banana Tooth

Banana Tooth

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 11:10 AM

Look at what we have so far:

Las Vegas
Miami
New York

That means the next one has to start with O. Ottawa? Oklahoma City? Oslo?

But I vote for CSI:Gary, Indiana. Ready-made theme song. And they really need to crack down on traveling salesmen.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 11:13 AM

That means the next one has to start with O.

Maybe it could be a state crime lab instead of a city/county one- CSI:Oregon! (Oh, the possibility of Oregon Trail jokes makes me giggle. :)

Namarie

Namarie

Stalker

• Interests:Writing, reading, TV (The X-Files, Fringe, Doctor Who, Life, Bones, Numb3rs, NCIS, Firefly, Buffy, Angel), movies, music, languages

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 2:33 PM

But I vote for CSI:Gary, Indiana. Ready-made theme song. And they really need to crack down on traveling salesmen.

BWAH! But then they would need to have The Who do a cover of it.

LadySadie

LadySadie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 3:39 PM

How about CSI:Ovid? Ovid is a tiny little town in Colorado along I-76 near Nebraska.

Seattle wouldn't be bad. Boston wouldn't be bad either. Now that I think of it, in Boston they could do some sort of Boston Legal crossover. Wouldn't you love to see what would happen if Denny Crane and Gil Grissom were to meet? Not that Grissom would lower himself to be on a CSI spinoff, but still...

It would have potential if they made it somewhere like Montana or Idaho....someplace where they could get into investigating militia groups and Unabomber types.

Miss Dee

Miss Dee

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 3:28 PM

Imagine if Gil Grissom and Alan Shore were to meet: Gil questioning a client, Alan defending a client, they get each other steamed and each tries to quote the other down... My God, there would be a global TV meltdown from the hottness....

But what a way to go, so - I'm all for CSI: Boston.

Edited by Miss Dee, Mar 15, 2006 @ 3:30 PM.

GoldfishGirl42

GoldfishGirl42

Fanatic

• Interests:Red Sox, Patriots, sci-fi, history, literature, crime shows (but not CSI:Miami)

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 7:23 PM

But what a way to go, so - I'm all for CSI: Boston.

Doesn't Crossing Jordan sort of fill that niche already?

Not that I would object, though, I mean, I'd certainly be among the crowd of gawkers every time they filmed on location. And for variety, they could occasionally venture across the river to Cambridge(yeah, it's not in their jurisdiction, but that's never stopped Original Recipe). There's been a stabbing and an attempted kidnapping both in the vicinity of the Harvard Sqaure T(subway) stop in just the last 3 months, so no lack of story ideas.

Edited by GoldfishGirl42, Mar 15, 2006 @ 7:23 PM.

LadySadie

LadySadie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 10:21 AM

Doesn't Crossing Jordan sort of fill that niche already?

Hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but that show to me is like CSI:Lite. I've only watched it a few times. It's a bummer too, because I've been a Miguel Ferrer fan since I first saw him on Twin Peaks years ago.

I watched one episode where Jordan wanted a bullet from a gun for comparison, so she shot it into a pillow on a bed in the suspect's apartment. Of course, the only collateral damage to anything was a hole blown in the pillow. That was it for me.

Maybe they could pull off CSI:DC -- there would be alot of ways to go with all the political angles that could come into play.

Sushiflower

Sushiflower

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 12:05 PM

CSI: Memphis. I mean, we have enough crime. We're what, the 11th most dangerous city in the nation or something like that? (Come on, people. We can make the top 10 if we work at it.) We know murder. There is the problem of Memphis being completely and totally boring, though.

Edited by Sushiflower, Mar 16, 2006 @ 12:07 PM.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 12:27 PM

Oh, but imagine all the possibilities of having country music stars involved in the crimes (as victims or perpetrators) instead of movie stars. ;)

wordwolf

wordwolf

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 5:28 PM

CSI: Hazzard County.

Seriously, it couldn't be set anywhere but in a major metropolis, because only those have big enough police departments to support their own crime labs. CSI: DC isn't a live possibility because of DC's reputation for having the second-worst police department of any US city. Come to think of it, New Orleans had the reputation for the worst; that might have been what settled CBS in favor of New York...

Leevee

Leevee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 10:24 PM

I like the idea of putting a CSI in a state crime lab. You would have an entire state's worth of locations!

Re: Crossing Jordan. Comparing CJ to CSI makes as much sense to compare Veronica Mars to CSI, because CJ is character-driven fist and foremost, and crime-driven second.

Enthused Fish

Enthused Fish

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 10:54 AM

It would have potential if they made it somewhere like Montana or Idaho....someplace where they could get into investigating militia groups and Unabomber types.

I don't think there are enough crimes involving Unabombers and militia groups in Idaho. We've sort of kicked a lot of the militias out, and how many Unabombers do you think there are? Sorry, this sounds like a rant, and it's really not. However, unless they placed the show in Coure d'Alene or Boise, I don't think there would be enough for them to do. There's only so many cow-tipping crimes you can investigate. :)

IzzyB

IzzyB

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2006 @ 12:35 PM

CSI: Camden
CSI: Detriot
CSI: Atlanta

Karoline

Karoline

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2006 @ 6:48 PM

Yes, yes and YES.

Not that that would ever happen. But a Norwegian can hope, can't she?

JessieQ

JessieQ

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2006 @ 6:53 PM

CSI: Iola, Wisconsin. Who stole the town's stop sign? Who tipped over Farmer Reierson's prized cow? Who peed behind the IGA? Who threw a beer can out their car window?

Ember

Ember

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2006 @ 11:35 PM

CSI: Atlanta

Hee hee. They might be able to investigate the bag loss and damage at the Atlanta Greyhound station on one of their cases. I had a bag destroyed there because they unloaded it into the street, and it was hit by a car.

ConanGrammarian

ConanGrammarian

Posted Mar 21, 2006 @ 12:06 PM

How about CSI: [Foreign City to be named later]. An American CSI would be exchanged on a visit program to a foreign city. The American's presence would serve as an opportunity for the local Gil Grissom to exposit the foreign justice system and evidentiary requirements for the American audience.

Think about it:
  • Catherine Willows takes her suspect-browbeating, payment accepting, lab damaging ways to CSI: Baghdad
  • Boa Vista is sent to CSI: Wonkaville where she is reunited with her Ooompa Loompa birth parents