Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2245 replies to this topic

Merreh

Merreh

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 6:43 PM

Self-Explanatory. Anyone got the hookup?

shootingstars

shootingstars

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 12:32 PM

Didn't someone (maybe Kristin from E!Online?) say a while back that one of the male members of the show was going to be killed off this year? I'm pretty sure that's what I heard, but I don't know if it's still going to happen.

Merreh

Merreh

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 1:35 PM

Didn't someone (maybe Kristin from E!Online?) say a while back that one of the male members of the show was going to be killed off this year? I'm pretty sure that's what I heard, but I don't know if it's still going to happen.

I wonder if this was referring to the officer killed in ABRTI. Because this info came out months ago, and unless they've been planning a big death at the end of the season, I don't see who it could possibly apply to at this point. People were saying the spoiler folks were making a big deal about a character dying in season 3, and it ended up to just be a detective, vs. a main cast member.

shootingstars

shootingstars

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 3:01 PM

I'm pretty sure they specifically named Greg, Warrick, or Nick. I'll try to find what I read.

PrincessArtemis

PrincessArtemis

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 4:14 PM

IIRC, they said "a cast member with a member". I never heard any names, although I did hear a lot of speculation about who it was.

Skylar522

Skylar522

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 5:23 PM

Here is the source:

Watch With Kristin Chat transcript, Oct 17/05

From laura: Kristin, you're such a studmuffin. You squeeze all the hot boys for us! A hint, pretty please...Is it true one of my CSI hotties (Gary Dourdan, George Eads, Eric Szmanda) gets whacked this season? I'm glued to all the CSI shows, but I would only take a bullet for the original. Please tell me I'm dead wrong. I'd rather lose a female CSI castmember instead of a testosterone-fueled one. Yum, yum.

Sadly, I'm hearing it is a member of the population with a member. Sorry! I am right there with you, babe. Love, Studmuffin

But then in December, Kristin claimed to have seen George sporting the moustache --

Funny thing, though, I happened to be sitting next to him the other day--eating lunch at PF Changs at the mall, of all places--and I gotta say, it's pretty sex-ay in person!

-- This was two weeks after Still Life had aired in which the 'stache had been shaved. So you have to wonder about the reliability...

Halcyone

Halcyone

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 2:30 AM

Okay, the spoilers for 6X22 at YTDAW (in this thread--you need to register to see them, though) should make the GSR shippers happy. I think. Actually, I'm kind of happy that (maybe) they're going to end the debate about whether or not Grissom has feelings for Sara once and for all. But that's just me, a Sara fan, being sick to death of the way some people claim that Sara is delusional and the whole attraction is one-sided. Sorry, I know everyone interprets things through their own filter, but that "nope, don't see it" claim is often used as a pretext for character-bashing and it irritates me.

I actually think the setting for this scene is interesting, to say the least, considering Grissom's relationship--whatever it was, I'm still not clear--with Lady Heather. I don't have a problem with his apparent "fascination" with the scenario he's viewing. I'm about halfway through the thread, though, and all the "OMG, do you think he's into that? Ewwwww, that's so baddirtywrongperverted! And creeeeeeepy!" is pretty irritating. Seriously, BDSM is one of the more common and openly discussed kinks nowadays, isn't it? I was under the impression that most adults were at least a bit more informed about it, and less freaked out. There are some people who have their facts straight and are discussing the continuum of possibilities coherently, but a lot of people still seem unreasonably horrified. And, frankly, I've always been much more disgusted at Grissom's control-obsessed attitude toward Sara in a non-romantic context. A lot of people seem to find this preferable, though, or at least more excusable, than they do the idea of him wanting a consensual relationship that involves power exchange.

Is it just me, or is the idea of Grissom being somewhat fascinated by the concept of power exchange not all that surprising, not to mention preferable to the control-obsessed, emotionally manipulative way he's treated Sara in the past? Anyone?

hadria

hadria

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 3:21 AM

Halcyone, I'm not the least bit surprised Grissom would be interested in a situation like that either. I don't think he'd be into it Lady Heather-style (and I think he even said he wasn't interested in the theatrics of pleasure), but I think the deviance and role-play is something that would appeal to him. That scene in the Japanese-style garden when he's supposed to be sort of a voyeur comes off more hot than creepy IMO.

I'm looking forward to Grissom's feelings finally being the ones exposed. It'd be nice to see him squirming and vulnerable for once, as well as a pretty clear indication that Sara isn't a "delusional stalker", or whatever.

linderhill

linderhill

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 7:45 AM

Just a heads up that YTDAW is a GSR site so everything is seen thru that filter. They do have a tendency to overlook anything about the other characters on the show. Also, Kristin, is as notoriously un-reliable as TV guide (Ausiello aside, that is).

kasper

kasper

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 8:09 AM

true linderhill.

but this time things are just too obvious. there's no getting around it, even for those of us who try to be more cautious about the story line. it's not the usual ambiguity we've always gotten.
it's just so plainly obvious this time. unless things are rewritten (which I doubt, and in fact it was rewritten to make it more obvious than the initial version), this scene will be a very momentous occasion, perhaps the most momentous yet.

hadria

hadria

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 12:41 PM

linderhill, Ausiello has also posted the same information as YTDAW in his last spoiler update. So I doubt there's any bias in their interpretation of this scene and what it's supposed to convey.

shootingstars

shootingstars

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 7:20 PM

Nevermind, I found it somewhere else.

Edited by shootingstars, Mar 30, 2006 @ 7:27 PM.

shootingstars

shootingstars

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 6:25 PM

Anyone have any new spoilers?

linderhill

linderhill

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 6:46 PM

actually my comment was just a general warning to those going to YTDAW, not specifically about the Griss/Sara spoilers. I wouldn't want some poor, unsuspecting soul to be misslead that the spoilers there are completely unbiased. I do know that many times non-GSR fans have been put off by some of the dialogue. Personnaly I'm not a GSR fan, such a cliche', the older man and the younger admiring woman (how come we can't have the opposite, a younger man and an older woman?)or, even better, if there HAS to be a romance, why not an age appropriate pairing? The folks over at YTDAW seem to see 'ships everywhere and don't seem to be all that tolerant of others views.

hadria

hadria

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 7:34 PM

I have to really disagree with that. YTDAW isn't for everyone, no, but I've never found anyone to be condescending toward people who like other pairings or like no pairings at all. It is a Grissom/Sara board, so naturally that's what's going to be discussed.

These spoilers do seem to be pretty unbiased at least, seeing how Ausiello of TV Guide confirmed them in his latest column - someone calls Grissom and Sara out on their feelings. 'Bout time.

Age-appropriate relationships? So boring and cliche, IMO. Give me older man-younger woman any day.

Anyway, according to csiunofficial, 6x23 seems to have some Warrick/Tina drama.

Halcyone

Halcyone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 8:00 PM

Just catching up on this thread. I agree that a lot of the posters at YTDAW see things (including spoilers) through a GSR filter, as linderhill said, but it's a GSR-centric board, for crying out loud. And anyway, I don't think that's the same as being intolerant. Sure, there's a lot of Lady Heather-hating, but I've also seen some people mention that they like LH. *shrug* There are always going to be rabid shippers, but most GSR shippers are sane. They're just pissed off because...well, wouldn't you be pissed if you were a GSR shipper? I'm pissed even though I'm not one, because what started out as a viable and (IMO, but then I like older men) interesting ship has been put through the mill.

Anyway, topic: I know it's too much to ask. I know it is. But does anyone think there might be the slightest possibility that when Grissom's feelings are "exposed" or whatever, Sara might tell him to keep stepping? Because after the way he's acted these past several seasons, I think she has every right to kick him in the shin if he tries making puppy eyes at her again. (Not to mention that the puppy eye schtick belongs to Greg.) Ugh, the way this show goes, all this stuff about Grissom finally being called on actually having emotions will end up as stuff that ended up getting cut.

eshadlow

eshadlow

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 11:24 PM

Catching up also...

These spoilers certainly are major, but I for one don't think they're quite the huge deal everyone is making them out to be. I mean, yay so they finally get called on the whole GSR crap. Great, so now we get another season of 'significant' looks and little 'moments' between the characters that lead NO WHERE and only serve to further destroy both of their likeability? Oh joy, how I don't look forward to that. And I say this as a neutral person - I shipped GSR in the beginning, but after 6 years? Yeah, that ship has sailed long ago IMO. Actually, someone of YTDAW put it well when she said Grissom is obsessed with Sara...I have to agree. And sadly, obsession is not the basis for a relationship.

On a different note, I'm all for the younger man-older woman thing myself :) Gotta have some fun while they're young enough to not have pot bellies and grey hair!

linderhill

linderhill

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 8:16 AM

thanx, eshadlow! Its funny how its thought of as scandelous when an older woman is with a younger man but an older man with a younger woman never get's a blink. Like I said, cliche'.
eta:: I agree, Halcyone, its always the shippy and personal stuff that get's cut out. (unless its Catherine) There's a reason that the show has lasted this long, there is something to be said for it.

Edited by linderhill, Apr 7, 2006 @ 8:19 AM.

Skylar522

Skylar522

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 10:03 AM

So are we looking for Sara to get together with Greg or someone younger? Or do we want Cath to play cougar and hook up with a young CSI or lab tech?

Being closer to the fictional age of Cath, I vote older gal-younger guy ship over old guy-young girl. GSR had done nothing for me.

And I'll bet this GSR spoiler doesn't live up to its billing. YTDAW's spoiler about Nick and Grissom's meeting after Nick discovering the tape was greatly misleading. That's why the actual scene was a huge let down.

Edited by Skylar522, Apr 7, 2006 @ 10:04 AM.

PrincessArtemis

PrincessArtemis

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 11:49 AM

YTDAW's spoiler about Nick and Grissom's meeting after Nick discovering the tape was greatly misleading.

They get spoilers in early, so they usually get them before the final rewrites. Supposedly that scene with Nick about the tape was going to be in an earlier ep.

::silently votes for Sara to get with Grissom +1 (aka Greg, mini Griss without the Griss baggage)::

I can say I was glad not to be spoiled rotten for Gum Drops though. I've heard too many people say they have trouble seeing it for the awesome ep it is instead of the awesome Grissom ep it could have been.

catastrophe

catastrophe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 12:55 PM

YTDAW's spoiler about Nick and Grissom's meeting after Nick discovering the tape was greatly misleading. That's why the actual scene was a huge let down.

I don't think the spoilers are misleading, it's just that stuff sometimes gets cut. I think they warn about that possibly happening on YTDAW all the time.

Anyway, I don't think these GSR spoilers are big and earth-shattering either, but it will be the first time someone has confronted Grissom about his feelings, instead of Sara being the one making three billion advances. I look forward to it for that alone, plus it really is about time they addressed this Grissom/Sara thing. They have loads of chemistry and history and I've never found them neither boring or cliche.

Ocean Chick

Ocean Chick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 6:45 PM

For those yearning for an "older woman/younger man" hook up, it looks like you'll get your wish, what with Warrick's marriage being in trouble and all. If Tina ditches him, or he ditches Tina, I'll bet he hooks up with Catherine.

elvenqueenofmirkwood

elvenqueenofmirkwood

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2006 @ 9:36 PM

All I can say is the male cast member set to die had better not be Doc Robbins.

scair

scair

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2006 @ 9:54 PM

Is that a definite thing? I heard murmurings about that earlier in the season, but nothing since. With fear and trembling, I vote for Warrick if someone has to buy it. Because Gary Dourdan has been making noises about pursuing his music career for a while and because he tends to get neglected anyway.

Edited by scair, Apr 8, 2006 @ 9:55 PM.

kimaken

kimaken

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 12:20 PM

I don't think the spoilers are misleading, it's just that stuff sometimes gets cut. I think they warn about that possibly happening on YTDAW all the time.

Yes, I believe a lot of the episode spoilers are changed/rewritten or the scenes end up being cut in the final edit before the episode is aired. Usually the YTDAW spoilers are pretty accurate. Speaking of YTDAW, is the site down again or moved? I get some weird directory for SAT/ACT/CLEP test prep, plus banking, insurance, and investment links.

Skylar522

Skylar522

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 12:21 PM

I had heard that the finale is supposed to put someone in peril that will make Nick's burial look like a day at the spa.

But that was a while ago I heard that.

As for the male cast member, most are speculating it will be a minor player -- maybe another cop. The same rumblings happened in Season 3 and it was Det. Lockwood who got killed off.

PrincessArtemis

PrincessArtemis

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 12:29 PM

I get some weird directory for SAT/ACT/CLEP test prep, plus banking, insurance, and investment links.

Sounds like the domain got nicked again. Last time that happened it wasn't Zen or Andi's fault, and they got it back quickly. Hopefully they'll get it back again.

And hey whu? How can they make a season finally that will make Grave Danger look like a day at the spa?! What are they going to do, have a CSI get stuck with the cousin of the aunt of the brother of the uncle of the Wannabe Nazi and have them vivisect them or something?! Grave Danger was pretty frickin' intense and I don't think I want to see CSI put someone in a situation so bad that it would make that look like a cake walk. I know CSI can get pretty dark, but please, leave that level of dark for the fanfic.

catastrophe

catastrophe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 4:34 PM

I had heard that the finale is supposed to put someone in peril that will make Nick's burial look like a day at the spa.

IIRC, that was in reference to Brass' shooting in A Bullet Runs Through It. I don't know how exactly that makes what happened to Nick a day at the spa, but I'm sure it's still pretty traumatizing. Too bad they never follow up on this stuff much so we have no idea how the characters are really affected.

bunchofgrapes

bunchofgrapes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 6:52 PM

I think you heard right. Based on the spoilers for 6x24, this is going to come true.

scair

scair

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 7:32 PM

Brass! Nooo! Please, please don't let Paul Guilfoyle be leaving the show.