Everything I Know, I Learned from CSI

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

47 replies to this topic

Goldrush Girl

Goldrush Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2007 @ 1:44 PM

That any photo, however blurry, can be cleaned up on a computer to reveal tiny details such as license plate numbers. Such is the genius of the lovely Archie.

Firecat

Firecat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2007 @ 9:43 AM

I caught a rerun of a old Miama episode last night, where I learned that when confronted with someone driving a car and firing an automatic weapon at your sister-in-law's house, the best way to handle the situation is to climb out of your own vehicle, wave your handgun around, and yell 'Stop, Miami PD!'. Because people with automatic weapons are just so likely to decide that, hey, guy with handgun standing on the street - I better give myself up, rather than filling him full of bullets and driving away really fast.

Alas, the criminal in question didn't pump HoCaine full of lead. But I did get to see Caruso give his 'I can't believe the mere force of my personality wasn't enough to stop this crime!' look.

Also, sun glasses are always appropriate. Even if, say, immediately after you put them on you get into an elevator. Or you're standing belowdecks in a windowless boat.

Edited by Firecat, Jul 24, 2007 @ 9:44 AM.

kingtaran

kingtaran

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 7:07 PM

I've been catching up on episodes I missed, and here's what I learned from CSI:NY's The Ride In.

If a friend collapses with an allergic reaction, the first thing you should do is not call 911 as taught in first aid classes, nor should you go pull out the epi pen he has in his first aid kit that will instantly return him to consciousness. No, the first thing you should do is give mouth to mouth. Even if you might have a deadly contagious disease.

eustice

eustice

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 19, 2007 @ 12:08 PM

I learned last night that you should only take plaster casts of foot and tire prints after everyone has traipsed around the crime scene. Also, if you're going to dig up a dead body in a construction site, it helps if a CSI person whose father might have killed the victim is standing by the construction site. I've also learned that CSI's never sleep.

Carabosse

Carabosse

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 9, 2007 @ 3:58 PM

Wear the wrong size shoes when you commit a crime, then when they measure your foot size they can't get you on it.

Actually, they can. Your weight isn't evenly distributed in the shoe, which shows up when they check the tread depth. I think I learned this on CSI...

Stella48

Stella48

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2008 @ 5:54 PM

You can still leave fingerprints if you are wearing thin, rubber gloves.

Isilme

Isilme

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 11:32 AM

"Never go naked on the hotel bedspread."

xtreme

xtreme

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2008 @ 2:11 AM

Goth girls date lab geeks, or cheat on their girlfriends with tatoo artists

Bill C

Bill C

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 9:43 AM

There is apparently a transwarp conduit which connects Miami to the nation of Brazil.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2008 @ 2:55 PM

The daughters of organized crime figures have extremely high mortality rates and die in bizarre fashion.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Nov 17, 2008 @ 1:56 AM

I've learned that there's no need to wear a hairnet or tie back your long, flowing locks when collecting/examining evidence. All hairs will magically stay in place, and there's no danger of contaminating a crime scene/evidence.

lurker69

lurker69

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 24, 2009 @ 11:55 PM

If you hear music while someone is alone in the lab processing evidence, you can fast forward until someone else enters the scene.

Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2009 @ 11:24 AM

If I'm an undercover cop, whose partner just had his cover blown and then murdered, do not, I repeat DO NOT, get into my car without inspecting it first!

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 11:29 AM

An acceptance letter from the local university is tantamount to a death certificate (this works with L&O too).

Gladiola

Gladiola

Posted Oct 18, 2009 @ 4:17 PM

You could die from somebody spiking your drink with Visine.

stekkin

stekkin

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, manga, etc.

Posted Jan 27, 2010 @ 4:40 PM

Children of cops & CSIs are more likely to become crooks than cops & CSIs (SEE: offspring of Catherine Willows, Jim Brass, & HoCaine).

John Potts

John Potts

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Every Zip Code (and possibly every street) in the US has its own unique pollen/paint sample/insect that can pinpoint where a crime took place, irrespective of where the body was found.

kirinan

kirinan

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 8:54 AM

If I am murdered and there is a camera nearby, I should remember to keep my eyes open so the CSIs can see the reflection of the other people in the area in my eyes and thereby find the murderer when they process the film/video.

In Miami, the rain comes from out of the ground upward, as evidenced by the constantly-wet sidewalks and streets with no visible raindrops in the air.

One should always wear an all-white ensemble to a bloody crime scene.