SS GeekLove Ahoy!: Grissom & Sara

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

839 replies to this topic

august2688

august2688

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 2:49 PM

I know there's a twenty or thirty year age difference, and he's chubby, hairy, and bowlegged, not to mention her boss, but I'm a fan of GSR. They can't keep throwing hints at us and never resolve anything! I think something will happen during sweeps, especially if this is WP last season.

Karoline

Karoline

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 3:20 PM

but I'm a fan of GSR.

Not that good with abbrevations.

But, Grissom and Sarah? Because then I do agree.

PrincessArtemis

PrincessArtemis

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 3:24 PM

GSR = Grissom/Sara Romance.

I proudly wear my SS Geeklove hat, currently I'm coasting happily on Sara turning the tables on Griss and giving him whiplash over some of her latest zingers.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 4:19 PM

It's so funny because whenever I see "GSR" my first thought is "Gun Shot Residue" which is a product of watching so many crime procedurals, particularly CSI.

Anyway, if I had to name a couple I would be most likely to ship on this show, it would probably be Nick and Sara.

kasper

kasper

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 5:36 PM

Hey Zones Out:

Just to let you know SS Geeklove specifically refers to the relationship between Grissom and Sara. It's a good idea to start a new thread if you want to discuss other ships i.e Nick/Sara, Warrick/Catherine etc.

Just trying to keep it on topic.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 5:44 PM

I realize that the SS Geeklove is Gil and Sara, kasper, but I didn't know if it would be okay or needed to open a thread for every possible pairing and I did have the GSR comment, so I just threw my comment about Sara and Nick on the end. Oh, and it's Zoned not Zones. ;)

scair

scair

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 5:46 PM

I think 'shipper thread' means ship of any stripe. I'm not real impressed with TPTB's track record on these things. I didn't mind Grissom/Sara so much at first, but it gradually turned both of them into unlikeable people, IMO. Grissom is controlling and insensitive around Sara; he flirts and makes advances when he feels like it and then shuts her down when she makes a move. Sara gets demanding and almost expects special treatment. I am so happy that they've let Sara move on from her infatuation with Grissom.

Now we have the whole Warrick/Cath thing which I have great misgivings about. They have the two of them exchange meaningful glances in a couple episodes and then out of the blue we have Warrick and his new wife which seems calculated only to introduce tension. I have the worst feeling that adultery may raise its ugly head.

Edited by scair, Mar 10, 2006 @ 5:54 PM.

kasper

kasper

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 7:04 PM

ooops, sorry. I meant Zoned. my bad.

Yes I see you had a GSR comment. it's tricky when topics overlap like that. I understand.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 8:36 PM

I cannot get into GSR at all. I don't even understand where the romantic notions came from on the show. It was like all the sudden, Sara was all upset at Gil, and I was like "Wha?"

I'd rather see Sara with someone fun like Greg. They really played off each other well last season, and looked like they enjoyed each others' company. But that has seemingly fallen to the wayside.

Totally against Catherine/Warrick. It's just wrong.

Miss Dee

Miss Dee

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 9:14 PM

I've always liked GSR, but lately I've been into... brass cats. *ahem* Brass. Cat.

*weeps at reappearance of CSI board*

CloudyGumdrops

CloudyGumdrops

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 9:46 PM

I'm not really that fond of the idea of any of the main characters hooking up but, Grissom/Catherine and Brass/Catherine are two possibilities that I think I could get behind.

Edited by CloudyGumdrops, Mar 10, 2006 @ 10:25 PM.

CloudyGumdrops

CloudyGumdrops

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 9:47 PM

Sorry, double post. The boards are being a bit slow when I try to reply to a thread.

Edited by CloudyGumdrops, Mar 10, 2006 @ 9:47 PM.

kasper

kasper

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 10:03 PM

jcdiesel21,

I feel sorry for you man. You can't be serious! Somebody say something to this person!!!!

PrincessArtemis

PrincessArtemis

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 12:21 AM

::switches 'ship hats::

kaspar, I think that Greg would be a great choice for Sara. I don't think it's gonna happen, but they really did have a good friendship going in S5 and Greg has the honor of being one of the few people to get Sara to audibly giggle on at least four occassions. Happy!Sara has got to count for something, and he has been very steadfast around her. A rather shocking thing to say about Greg, but he has been and could continue to be a good stabilizing force in her life. This is not a bad thing.

::switches 'ship hats again::

That said, I think GSR is inevitable, and I'm glad that Sara's getting to be on more even ground with Grissom after so long.

elvenqueenofmirkwood

elvenqueenofmirkwood

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 12:35 AM

I would love Grissom with Cath. It's like they're the mommy and daddy figures of the team, with Nick, Greg, Warrick and Sara as their kids. Oh and Brass and Doc Robbins as the crazy uncles.

*cough*

Clearly I'm putting too much thought into this.

Leevee

Leevee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 1:08 AM

I'm against Grissom/pretty much anyone on the show. None of them seem right for him. I also don't like Greg/Sara or Warrick/Catherine (I don't even really care about Warrick/Tina, I just don't really care for Warrick. He bores me).

Now, Catherine/Brass. I like that. I like it a lot.

(Of course, what I like the most will never happen. Because they're not ever going to make Greg/Hodges canon, not even in the last episode ever.)

catastrophe

catastrophe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 4:27 PM

I like Grissom/Sara. I've always been amused how, even with all their individual dysfunctions and flaws, they'd be a much healthier relationship than Catherine has ever had or Warrick's current one with his wife. It's so bizarre.

The mutual geekery is so appealing because in many ways, they are the same. But Sara's different enough in a positive way where I think they'd be able to make it work extremely well. Their mutual death glares to the camera crews in the last ep? Priceless.

I really dislike Greg/Sara, they're so...vacant together. And I hope Cath/Warrick never happens because it'll be the typically bland twist of either Tina dying or cheating on Warrick. What a pointless storyline that would turn out to be.

PrincessArtemis

PrincessArtemis

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 5:35 PM

And I hope Cath/Warrick never happens because it'll be the typically bland twist of either Tina dying or cheating on Warrick. What a pointless storyline that would turn out to be.

Now that he's married, I completely agree. I'd be more than a little steamed if they got together now. Before? Oh yeah, I could went for some Yo!Bling.

Ocean Chick

Ocean Chick

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 5:49 PM

I'm a total GSR shipper. And I like the YoBling - Warrick has always had a good effect on Catherine, grounding her, and he seems to have a good relationship with Lindsey. I just wish they hadn't done the whole marriage thing, as it makes the YoBling look so wrong. Why bring another woman into it if in the end you're going to break them up?

I like Greg as a a friend for Sara, but not a romantic relationship. He just seems too immature still. I can't see him enjoying a quiet day at home reading forensics magazines and discussing the latest new innovations.

I like having fun with Nick and Greg as a couple, though I know that would never happen. But I can see both of them easily finding women who'd be happy to settle down with them and raise little bratlings.

Karoline

Karoline

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 8:32 PM

Now, Catherine/Brass. I like that. I like it a lot.

Me too! I've always liked the way they interact with eachother. Oh pretty please, let it happen.

kasper

kasper

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 5:04 AM

You guys,
SS Geeklove is a GSR thread. Please stay on topic. Talk about other ships somewhere else and discuss your dislike of Grissom/anyone somewhere else please.

This thread is strictly for Grissom and Sara. I don't have a problem with other ships, whatever they may be. They're just not for this thread.

Moderators can you please help out. I'm just trying to keep things under control here. This thread could go way off topic soon.
Thank you

Edited by kasper, Mar 12, 2006 @ 5:06 AM.

Miss Dee

Miss Dee

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 1:06 PM

My bad - I thought this was a general shipper thread, not one solely for Geek Love.

scair

scair

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 1:15 PM

I think it is a general shipper thread. The title leaves it open. Do we really need a multitude of threads for each possible ship anyway? Kasper, maybe you should ask one of the mods if you think it should be GSR only.

I'm against Grissom/pretty much anyone on the show. None of them seem right for him. I also don't like Greg/Sara or Warrick/Catherine (I don't even really care about Warrick/Tina, I just don't really care for Warrick. He bores me).

I agree with the Grissom part. He doesn't seem interested in or capable of sustaining a relationship. I'm not denying that he feels something for Sara, but I don't think he would ever do anything about it. As for Sara, I'm just glad that she's left her need for Grissom's approval behind, whether or not she still has feelings for him. I want her to be content and professional at her job, whether or not she wants or gets a guy. But there's a teensy bit of me that agrees with Zoned Out that Nick and Sara would make a good couple. With the added attraction of confounding Grissom.

Edited by scair, Mar 12, 2006 @ 1:46 PM.

kasper

kasper

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 1:49 PM

scair,

The term "Geeklove" specifically refers to GSR and has for the past 6 years! Just ask anyone of the other thousand or so people who post here.

scair

scair

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 1:58 PM

Kasper, I am absolutely aware of what SS GeekLove means. The title of the thread can be read to be either GSR only or for all ships. But since someone else has started a general shipper thread, the issue is solved.

catastrophe

catastrophe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 3:41 PM

I also thought this was the general shipper thread, the title "the shipper thread" makes it seem that way at least. I think we'll be fine with one, I don't see the necessity in having one only specific to GSR.

august2688

august2688

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 1:39 AM

When the thread was started, it was intended to be just a general shipper thread, and I hope it remains that way. A thread devoted to nothing but GSR would get boring pretty fast.

upperwestwannabe

upperwestwannabe

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 8:41 AM

Oh for the love of Pete. Ship and let ship, let's not be elitist about it. As a Grissom/Sara shipper myself, I get pretty p.o.'ed when someone shuts me down, so karmically, I think it's only fair to let everyone celebrate their personal brand of fanwankage, whatever that may be.

SCChemE

SCChemE

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 11:44 AM

As for GSR, though I'm not a huge fan, I think it may be inevitable at the end of the show from different things I've read. If that does happen, I want for Grissom to have to prove, prove, and prove himself to Sara before it happens. With her as she is now, confidant and sexier than ever, I think it's a good step in that direction. I would hate for him to just say that he wanted it to happen and for her to fall all over herself to be with him.

I want Sara to be wooed. Seeing as it's Gil, it will be awkward and geeky, but she seems to like that. Thus all the laughter at Greg!

Flying Penguin

Flying Penguin

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 7:01 PM

Hu-yuuuuge GSR'er here. I'm with ya, SCChemE, in that it's inevitable because if TPTB don't pan out, it'll all have just been the biggest mindfuck ever. I mean, truly truly cruel after 6 years of one-liners and glances. After all the effort that Sara's put into letting him know how she feels, ITA that when Griss finally comes around to it he better prove himself worthy of Sara. That girl has really built herself up in the past couple of seasons and doesn't need him screwing with her. Yea, she loves him and most probably always will, but that doesn't mean she'll give in to his affections just because he finally feels like doing something about "this".

I love my Geeks to death but there's a limit. Can you tell how bitter I'm becoming about this? A TV show shouldn't do this to me, dangit! Geez, I picked the wrong show to ship a couple in.

I want Sara to be wooed. Seeing as it's Gil, it will be awkward and geeky

EEEK! It's thoughts like this that keep me shipping!

(LOL complete turnabout)

Edited by Flying Penguin, Mar 16, 2006 @ 7:05 PM.