Commercials That Make You Laugh

• Please log in to reply

2943 replies to this topic

The Librarian

The Librarian

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 2:03 PM

These are the ones that help us through the day. Hey, if you can't laugh at happy cows and exploding garlic, who can you laugh at?

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 3:33 PM

There's a Staples ad I've only seen once, but it kills me. I mean, it literally makes me laugh out loud. I believe the guy in the ad is trying to save on making copies by using a "copycat." Then you see that he's got a cat on his desk trying to paint a copy of a pie chart. The cat's efforts, of course, look like shit, but the guy still seems to think it's a good idea. (Until a co-worker points out that using Staples is so easy, blah blah etc.) Maybe I'm not describing it well, but it's the guy's wholehearted belief in his copycat that cracks me up.

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 3:52 PM

The Icebreakers commercial with the uber annoying Duff Sisters is made bearable and hilarious with a cameo of Joey Lawrence doing his patented "WHOA!" at the taste of the gum. I was on the floor with this one.

last minute

last minute

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 4:14 PM

I like the M&M Oscar ad in which the yellow M&M has a crazy amount of collagen in his lips and when the red M&M touches them, they pop and yellows flies all over like a deflating balloon, crashing into red and the camera. I crack up every time I see it.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 4:55 PM

Joey Lawrence doing his patented "WHOA!" at the taste of the gum. I was on the floor with this one.

Okay, I'll admit that I thought that was kind of cool.

fangums

fangums

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 5:13 PM

The Push It guys. Every. Single. Time.

And yeah, copycat is pretty funny. I'll delay fast-forwarding through most Staples commercials (but the finger stays ready because you never know what's coming next...)

help me lucy

help me lucy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 5:38 PM

Oh my god, the Push It guys. I flipping love them.

I also always laugh at the Snickers commercial where the guy is using candy bars as a toupee and his coworkers confront him about it no matter how hard I try not to.

Muffinista

Muffinista

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 9:08 PM

The new Doublemint ads where the twins are "different"... I love to watch them walk and move their arms in synchronized motion. Oh, and their green polyester pants.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 10:37 PM

What really kills me about the Copy Cat ad is that the cat replies "Mrowr" when the guy talks to it. My cat and I do that all the time.

Still cracking up every time I see the Vault ad with the Monster Scarecrow Of Doom. "Rabbits...foxes...hippies."

Sweetxcape

Sweetxcape

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 4:26 PM

Sprint phone ad (I think it is sprint) where they two guys are bragging about their phone features and the one guy is like "my phone has theft deterrent" and says to the other guy "try to steal my wallet" and then throws the phone at his head when he tries to take it. I just laugh and laugh and the silliness.

daisycat71

daisycat71

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 5:04 PM

The Nationwide commercial with Fabio steering a gondola for a couple of lovebirds, except when they come out of the tunnel it's some old version of Fabio, because "life comes at you fast." I like that one better than the kid who grows up while being pushed on a swing.

bluejaylove

bluejaylove

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 5:16 PM

"The Icebreakers commercial with the uber annoying Duff Sisters is made bearable and hilarious with a cameo of Joey Lawrence doing his patented "WHOA!" at the taste of the gum. I was on the floor with this one."

I thought that was pretty cool, too. For a second there, I thought that was Ricky Martin, though.

talkstoomuch

talkstoomuch

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 6:56 PM

I love the "Ted Ferguson: American Daredevil ads by Bud Light. Even though he's another schmoopy guy with hot girlfriend, his "stunts" are just so funny to me. The funniest part to me is how nonchalantly oblivious his girlfriend is even though he's wearing safety goggles and a helmet and is slowy turning whiter and sweatier.

phxchic

phxchic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 6:59 PM

I always cracked up at the Nationwide commercial with the two guys trying to isolate a beehive into a trash can. Yes, I am 12.

The Librarian

The Librarian

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 7:53 PM

Has anyone else seen the commercial for this Sprite-esque drink where the farmer replaces his old scarecrow with a roboticized, lazer-shooting killing machine?

CaptainSnarky

CaptainSnarky

Posted Mar 12, 2006 @ 8:57 PM

Has anyone else seen the commercial for this Sprite-esque drink where the farmer replaces his old scarecrow with a roboticized, lazer-shooting killing machine?

I saw it once. And it is, indeed, hilarious.

I also love the Ameriquest commercials that have "Don't be quick to judge" as their tagline. The one with the doctor who uses the defibrilator to kill a fly but the mother and daughter think the father is dead? So wrong, yet so, so funny.

mtvcdm

mtvcdm

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 1:56 AM

Yes. Oh, God, yes. Also the football one. I like the voiceover guy more than anything: "If you want him to throw 50 yards, well, GIVE HIM 50 yards!" "And why stop at crows, Brian? Foxes! Rabbits! hippies."

SoImpossible414

SoImpossible414

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 6:49 AM

I like the M&M Oscar ad in which the yellow M&M has a crazy amount of collagen in his lips and when the red M&M touches them, they pop and yellows flies all over like a deflating balloon, crashing into red and the camera. I crack up every time I see it.

That's probably my favorite commercial right now. The first time I saw it was during Entertainment Tonight, and I had just been exclaiming over how disturbing Lisa Renna's lips are. Perfect timing.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 9:08 AM

Mr. Actionmage and I were flipping through the dial yesterday and we just kinda stopped on a Mexican soccer match. Near the end of the game there was this ad that surprised me with it's cuteness, I have forgotten what it was for! It had Claymation-style folks (Chevron ads and Cal. Raisins).

There's time showing pairs of things: A man watching The Game in bed with his wife,a lumberjack chopping down a tree listening to The Game, a cook about to behead a chicken while watching, a hippie sitting across from a bar of soap (about as big as the hippie)while watching, and (basically) Einstein with a rat/mouse with a shaved patch and the good doctor is also watching The Game. We hear the "GOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL!" and everyone rejoices. Einstein and the rat hug, the hippie and bar of soap hug, the chicken and cook hug, the lumberjack jumps up and hugs the tree then they fall over. Then we come to the husband, who jumps out of bed andyells happily, but then an underwear-clad man jumps out of the wardrobe and takes in the scene, then starts hugging the husband and they are dancing around about the goal!

As I typed this, I remembered! It was a Coca-Cola spot, about folks coming together over stuff we like. I laughed so hard at the naked guy jumping out, I got the Stern Look of 'Are You Okay?'
I saw it on Telefutura, fyi. It was cute and unexpected on our parts, which for me made it funnier.

etain

etain

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 11:58 AM

Another M&M Ad to to with the collagen one -- The Red M&M says something about how every celebrity needs an entourage. Yellow walks up alone, and Red asks him where his entourage is. Yellow dumps a bag of M&M's on the ground. They look at each other, then Red just silently points offstage, sending Yellow away. He leaves.

And a second later, all the little M&M's lying on the ground bounce off after him.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 1:17 PM

Hmm. I think that sounds a little bit creepy, etain. Like the Febreze stuffed animals.

I saw a commercial last night that wasn't funny until the end, and it's only because it was so stupid.

It's for some kind of cell phone, and a guy is sitting in a cubicle and the guy in the next cubicle over is talking with his cell phone like his phone is a hand puppet.

It's not funny all the way through. What cracked me up was at the end, puppet phone says "where is your phone" and the guy at his desk (who is sighing, and you can tell exactly how insufferable puppet phone guy is) says "it's at home." Puppet phone says "because it's LAME."

It really doesn't translate that well in a written form. The puppet guy is using this voice that's so funny and that's what makes the lame line work. I think the phone might be for mobile ESPN.

starleen

starleen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 1:58 PM

This ad is for some resume posting service and has a guy directing a meeting. The camera pans to his audience, which is made up of monkeys. He's pointing to a pie chart and talking about how spending 85% of the budget on lottery tickets isn't a good idea. We hear the monkeys getting excited. The camera pans out and they're all pointing at his butt with laser pointers! He turns around to see what the ruckus is, and they go crazy. He looks down, and they're all pointing at his crotch and laughing their monkey laughs! Cracks me up every time!

cal331

cal331

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 7:51 PM

The last time I laughed out loud at a commercial was a holiday one for KMart where a young teen girl is saying goodbye to her date on the porch, and as the lad leans in for a kiss, 10,000,000 gigawatts worth of Christmas lights flare on at once, blinding the guy and making him fall off the porch instead of getting a smooch. (Turns out dad was watching behind the door!) It was really funny, especially the first time.

bigbadvoodoolou

bigbadvoodoolou

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 1:26 AM

I have been LOVING the new Volkswagen ads with Peter Stormare as the German engineer speaking in mangled American street slang with his sexy blonde assistant, usually wrecking some poseur-thug's tricked-out custom car and replacing it with the new VW. Those crack me up.

I also liked the new Burger King "Big Buckin' Chicken" ad that I saw during the most recent Saturday Night Live. At first I thought it might be an SNL ad parody! I somehow hope "Big Buckin' Chicken" becomes the biggest fast food catch-phrase since "Where's the Beef?".

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 11:04 AM

I also always laugh at the Snickers commercial where the guy is using candy bars as a toupee and his coworkers confront him about it no matter how hard I try not to.

Mr. F loves this one. He cracks up at it every single time, and I can't help laughing too even if I don't think it's that funny.

The Nationwide commercial with Fabio steering a gondola for a couple of lovebirds, except when they come out of the tunnel it's some old version of Fabio, because "life comes at you fast."

My favorite part is the cheesy leer on the old man's face. Ew, but hee.

I also love the Ameriquest commercials that have "Don't be quick to judge" as their tagline. The one with the doctor who uses the defibrilator to kill a fly but the mother and daughter think the father is dead?

I haven't seen either of those but I love the one on the plane. Not sure exactly how it happens, but a woman's trying to get out of her seat and the lights go out. Somehow when the lights come back on, she's tripped and fallen in some guy's lap, and her shirt's gotten caught on his watch or something. So basically she's kneeling on his lap with her chest in his face and her shirt's halfway open. The looks on the other passengers' faces are priceless.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 11:43 AM

I love the one where the guy is making spaghetti for his girlfriend, and her white cat knocks over the pan of sauce while the guy is cutting something with a butcher knife.

The girlfriend walks in and all she sees is the guy holding the butcher knife in one hand and the white cat, covered in spaghetti sauce, in the other.

fastiller

fastiller

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 2:59 PM

I have been LOVING the new Volkswagen ads with Peter Stormare as the German engineer speaking in mangled American street slang with his sexy blonde assistant, usually wrecking some poseur-thug's tricked-out custom car and replacing it with the new VW. Those crack me up.
bigbadvoodoolou

I was going to post about this ad. I love the VW gangsta sign he flashes. More about them here.

CaptainSnarky

CaptainSnarky

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 3:50 PM

Dairy Queen always brings the funny. Remember that smoothie commercial they did a few months back where the woman was blind taste testing and refused to give the DQ smoothie back? I cracked UP when she jumped up and tried to run out of the room--only to run smack dab into a window. God, that was funny.

The new Flamethrower burger commercial is hilarious as well.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 4:52 PM

The Nationwide "beehive" commercial was just mentioned. That's a great one, but my own favorite from the same series is the two guys on the roof, trying to paint the last bit of the gable. "I dunno... my brother has a long ladder..." "No, it'll be fine, you weigh more than me, I'll just swing down here." That's funny already, but then to actually see the stupidity enacted, with one flipping off the roof after another... it kills me every single time.

eikram

eikram

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 9:53 PM

The Life Alert commercials crack me up. Especially when the old lady is in the middle of the floor going "HELP! I'VE FALLEN!" then it shows a graphic showing that she is like 10 feet away from any phone in her house... can you say "owned"?

Not to mention the ex-surgeon general on the commercial (well, infomercial, rather) looks like Uncle Sam.