Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 1:15 PM

Just to kick things off, here's that Live-Action Simpsons intro:

http://www.youtube.c...p?v=49IDp76kjPw

blue_squishie

blue_squishie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 8:02 PM

There's an article on Yahoo about how that's one of the most popular video downloads.

Anakerie

Anakerie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 11:03 PM

That video is amazing! Other than having Maggie pop out of the shopping bag (which would be rather hard to get a real infant to do) it's spot on. Especially the guy they have playing Lisa's music teacher.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2006 @ 5:59 PM

Simpsons (as well as King Of The Hill) Renewed

Fox Broadcasting Company has ordered two additional seasons of The Simpsons and one additional season of King of the Hill. This will take The Simpsons, created by executive producer Matt Groening, through 19 seasons in 2007-2008. Mike Judge's King of the Hill is picked up for its 11th season.

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2006 @ 6:24 PM

I remember reading that this was KotH's final season. Damn it! I like KotH, I've always liked KotH but I am so bored with that show. Even the writers seem like they're going in motions. A lot of the charm and the creativity it originally had was gone. I really wanted that show to end this season so I could have something to cross off my list of shows I watch. Yes I have that list.

Simpsons, I know it's hit or miss, and certain episodes are boring but it's been part of my life since, Jesus, I was 6 (and even before that, I used to stay up to watch the Ullman shorts) and it has more rewatchability than KotH. Sometimes I wish Simpsons would go off the air, (again, the list), but I really would miss it. It's like a security blanket.

roybetter

roybetter

Posted Mar 31, 2006 @ 4:45 PM

Apparently, a short trailer for the Simpsons movie is airing before Ice Age 2.

Aint It Cool News has the info. They think it may be an April Fools Joke though but they have been getting lots of reports about it. And there is supposed to be a special Simpsons announcement this week.

ETA:

MSNBC confirms.

Simpsons’ movie revealed in trailer

Homer hits the big screen as Fox unveils July 2007 release date
TV SIMPSONS
Fox via AP file

What's 15 feet high and yellow all over? Celluloid “Simpsons,” of course.

LOS ANGELES - Homer Simpson hit the big screen on Friday in a short teaser trailer announcing “The Simpsons” movie.

The “Simpsons” teaser debuted....
Source: MSNBC.COM

Edited by roybetter, Apr 1, 2006 @ 12:37 PM.

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2006 @ 9:45 AM

Went to see Ice Age 2 last night, and yes, indeed, there WAS a trailer for the (ta daaaaa!) SIMPSONS MOVIE!

The trailer starts with the camera bouncing around the edges of the gigantic Superman "S" logo, and the narrator intoning: "On July 27, 2007, one of the greatest heroes of all time is about to hit the movie screens!"

Cut to: Homer, sitting on the couch in his underpants, wearing a cut-off Superman t-shirt and holding a beer. Homer: "Uh, I forgot what I was supposed to say...."

Narrator: "The Simpsons Movie! Coming July 27, 2007!

Homer (v.o.): "Oooh. We'd better get working on that, then."

Edited by cjl, Apr 1, 2006 @ 9:46 AM.

tothemax

tothemax

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2006 @ 10:12 AM

You know, I hadn't quite realized how much of a geek I am until I literally jumped out of my chair when I read that news about the trailer.

Edited by tothemax, Apr 1, 2006 @ 10:12 AM.

Harrison Fjord

Harrison Fjord

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2006 @ 10:19 AM

Online! I need it online! I cannot bring myself to pay for Ice Age 2 to see a thirty second teaser (as opposed to paying for The Waterboy to see a two-minute trailer for Star Wars). Stupid Fox, trying to inflate their opening weekend.

Edited by Harrison Fjord, Apr 1, 2006 @ 10:30 AM.

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2006 @ 10:22 AM

Ain't It Cool News also had a recent story about Harry Shearer appearing on some radio talk show, in which Harry confirmed they're currently recording the voice tracks for the Simpsons movie.

I can't help feeling excited over all this. I hope the movie isn't a disappointment.

Edited by Junkyard Dog, Apr 1, 2006 @ 1:04 PM.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2006 @ 11:55 AM

I'm guessing we'll see the trailer this Sunday, since Fox has been hyping a big announcement all week for the show.

tonks

tonks

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2006 @ 1:22 PM

I can't help feeling excited over all this. I hope the movie isn't a disappointment.

I have the feeling it's going to be better than ten Super Bowls! But I don't want to oversell it.

I just hope it is as good as the Itchy and Scratchy movie...

blue_squishie

blue_squishie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 8:46 AM

An article from USA Today about the new movie.. Not spoilery, but does have some casting info in there.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 9:38 PM

Article based on the carriage museum in last night's episode (yes it does exist.)

blue_squishie

blue_squishie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 8:21 PM

The carriage museum link didn't work for me, but this might be the same article.

ashanta

ashanta

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2006 @ 8:27 PM

Knowing that the trailer was out I scrambled to YouTube to see if it was there. And it did not disappoint: Simpsons Movie Trailer.

booberella

booberella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2006 @ 10:20 PM

Funkmistress originally posted this link to an A/V club interview with Matt Groening over in the Futurama thread. There's news about new Futurama stuff, and three pages of interview that talks a lot about The Simpsons, of course. Good article from The Onion.

pulupous

pulupous

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2006 @ 1:10 PM

I was reading another forum and found out that The Simpsons' official Fox site was nominated for a Webby award, which I've been told by my tech geek friends is a pretty big deal.

Here's the link:
http://peoplesvoice.webbyawards.com/

Colonel Green

Colonel Green

Stalker

Posted May 27, 2006 @ 2:34 PM

From TVgasm's overview of FOX's fall schedule:

After that, we’ll get the 18th (!) season of The Simpsons. You realize that if The Simpsons actually aged, Maggie would be the hottest piece of legal tail this side of the Olsens. Except a cartoon.

Earl Camembert

Earl Camembert

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2006 @ 8:40 AM

All I have this say about this is: Egghead loves his booky book!

striker

striker

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 10:48 AM

So Miss Puerto Rico is crowned Miss Universe, and the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw her name was, "Mendozaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!"

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 10:10 PM

Lots of guest stars for season #18 AND....episode 400 happens in May (some spoilers ahead):

Springfield Goes Hollywood

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 11:12 PM

It seems that both Betty White and Joe Montegna are returning, and that Kiefer Sutherland is guesting too. Is this the first time that both a father and son celebrity have guest-starred at some point in the series? (with Donald appearing in "Lisa The Iconoclast" in season 7)

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2006 @ 10:18 AM

Eric Idle and Jon Lovitz are coming back as well. I wonder if Lovitz will be playing someone new, or if one of his old characters will be popping up for a visit? I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Llywellyn Sinclair.

MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2006 @ 1:33 AM

Simpsons movie stuff! Simpsons movie stuff!

On Ain't It Cool News, they have linked stuff from You Tube: video recorded at Comic Con. The animated storyboards from the movie.

Can't wait.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2006 @ 1:04 PM

The Simpsons beat out the much hyped (but not really that funny IMO, besides R Kelly) 'Trapped in the Closet' South Park episode for the Emmy this year. Hooray and Boo-urns!

VanClub

VanClub

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 3:16 PM

And Happy Birthday to Deng Xiaoping, born on this day in 1904. (Died 1997.)

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2006 @ 6:31 PM

So in the Fall TV Preview of EW for the Simpsons, they say Sir Mix-a-lot is going to be a guest this year. Really? Can they run the Baby Got Back joke any more into the ground?

tothemax

tothemax

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2006 @ 4:47 PM

Looks like the Meat Council is at it again.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2006 @ 3:42 PM

For you degenerate gamblers, here's someone to help you out.

ETA:
Well, Moe went 9-5-2. Krusty's up this week, but since he once picked the Washington Generals, I don't know how much faith you should put in his picks.

Edited by AimingforYoko, Sep 19, 2006 @ 4:54 PM.