The Cast in Other Roles: "I Like Saying It -- Shift-Switching"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

231 replies to this topic

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2009 @ 3:01 PM

Yeah, Judy was really great when she was on Oz.

Aloma Wright is on Days.....playing a nurse at the hospital. I thought I saw Yvette Freeman from ER the other day on Days also so maybe they are just hiring every actress who played a nurse on tv.

Edited by M. Darcy, Jun 17, 2009 @ 3:03 PM.

Semandra

Semandra

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 19, 2009 @ 5:10 PM

I think this was briefly mentioned on the first page, but Mr. Semandra was watching Wall Street the other night and started yelling for me to come in, and there was John McG. as one of the screaming brokers! A very young, smokin' Johnny, I might add.

Also, Hooch is a regular on Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Suite Life on Deck. He plays the concierge/manager (no, no, no, I don't watch it - I have two young kids who recognized him).

VanillaBear85

VanillaBear85

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2009 @ 5:17 PM

I had DVR'd Motocrossed (I know), a Disney movie about teenage BMX riders, and there was Nurse Laverne at the end congratulating the teen girl for winning. It made my night.

Edited by VanillaBear85, Jun 20, 2009 @ 5:18 PM.

FilmBuff90

FilmBuff90

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2009 @ 12:55 AM

Kate Micucci, Ted's girlfriend, is in a new Hillshire Farms commercial, struck curious by a sausage on the grill.

Crocktacularity

Crocktacularity

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2009 @ 6:23 PM

The woman in those ubiquitous KGB text messaging service commercials is none other than Elizabeth Bogush, aka Alex Hanson, aka J.D.'s very first love interest (the one in the MRI machine who turned out to have a prescription drug problem.) Small world.

Darmund

Darmund

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 13, 2009 @ 1:32 PM

Aloma Wright had a part as a sassy secretary, much like Laverne, in Thank You For Smoking.

Ken Jenkins had a very small part in The Abyss, doing little more then giving a wide eyed look of shock/horror, but had a fairly substantial role in Matewan.

MarkMan

MarkMan

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 9:47 AM

So the first disc of Star Trek: The Next Generation season three arrived from teh rental place for me today, and who is playing the guest scientist in the first episode? Ken Jenkins - quite cool.

Crocktacularity

Crocktacularity

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2010 @ 8:59 PM

Watching the Season Finale of 30 Rock, it ends with Elizabeth Banks revealing she's unexpectedly pregnant. Where have I seen that before....?

HalfwayThere

HalfwayThere

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2010 @ 1:36 AM

Eliza Coupe (Denise) is in the new ABC comedy Happy Endings

Jonas Quimby

Jonas Quimby

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2010 @ 6:58 PM

Drew from "Scrubs: Med School" was in an episode of "Castle" lately, and Ken Jenkins played Courtney Cox's father in a recent episode of "Cougar Town."

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2010 @ 4:20 AM

Kate Micucci, Ted's girlfriend, is in Raising Hope--specifically "Dead Tooth," "The Sniffles," and "Blue Dots"--singing and strumming. http://www.hulu.com/raising-hope

VanillaBear85

VanillaBear85

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2011 @ 2:39 AM

Eliza Coupe (Denise) was in the most recent episode of Community. I mainly recognized her voice.

COESpiral

COESpiral

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2011 @ 4:24 PM

Aloma Wright was on the most recent episode of "Harry's Law" playing the mother of a death row inmate.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 4:08 AM

North Hollywood Medical Center - the hospital where they shot Scrubs - and more recently the hospital for Childrens Hospital* - was demolished this year. http://northhollywoo...-medical-center

And for facebook users, the Todd's goodbye picture set: http://www.facebook....238.20087459625

* I'm kinda reaching to use the set as a 'cast' in other roles, I know.

Shalamar

Shalamar

Fanatic

Posted Aug 24, 2011 @ 4:43 PM

Awww. *sad*

godonlyknows

godonlyknows

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 2:38 PM

Sarah Chalke is joining Cougar Town for a recurring role as Bobby's girlfriend/Travis' photography teacher.

goodlucinda

goodlucinda

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 8:31 PM

Taran Killam, otherwise known as Jimmy, the Overly Touchy Orderly, is in the SNL "featured" cast. He's got quite a resume.

Edited by goodlucinda, Oct 16, 2011 @ 8:33 PM.

Calvnhobbes

Calvnhobbes

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 1:53 PM

John C. McGinley is on the latest State Farm commercial. I'm sad he's doing commercials, but he's looking super good.

godonlyknows

godonlyknows

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2011 @ 3:51 AM

Yet more cast members are appearing on Cougar Town - Zach Braff (and not just as a voice this time) and Robert Maschio.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

I am so glad I wasn't spoiled for this: Zach, Robert, and (appearing as their Scrubs names) Ted & the Worthless Peons, & Kelso showed in the last 30 seconds (along with Sarah & Christa) of last night's Cougar Town.

Calvnhobbes

Calvnhobbes

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

Omg, I had to go watch Cougar Town just for that. Thank you Lord, that was everything I had hoped it would be.

VanillaBear85

VanillaBear85

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2012 @ 1:42 AM

I am going to have to search for a clip of them on Cougar Town.

Turned the channel USA and caught John C. McGinley on Burn Notice and then the woman who played Alex was on an episode of Common Law. It made me happy.