Commercials We Love

• Please log in to reply

3821 replies to this topic

mariposa

mariposa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 12:22 AM

What I'm loving about the Honey Maid campaign - in addition to its approach to the criticism - is that it's so dad-focused. The gay dads, the single dad, the military dad, the punk rocker dad ... that's refreshing. 

ikmccall

ikmccall

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 12:52 PM

The Marriott commercial with the penguins? OMG adorable

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 11:44 PM

The Marriott commercial with the penguins? OMG adorable

Is this the commercial you're referring to, ikmccall?

https://www.youtube....h?v=qEciksD6EWg

It's actually for Residence Inn.  Other than that, I agree with you.  It's one of my favorites. 

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 5:51 PM

What I'm loving about the Honey Maid campaign - in addition to its approach to the criticism - is that it's so dad-focused. The gay dads, the single dad, the military dad, the punk rocker dad ... that's refreshing. 

Exactly, real American families, besides the white/ straight/ Mom and Dad stereotype. Like the new Swifter one too.

Haveahabit

Haveahabit

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 8:40 PM

I don't really like graham crackers. However, Honey Maid just went on my shopping list.

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 11:21 PM

I just saw This Charmin Relief Project commercial today and I really did laugh out loud! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9MRLE4522jo

georgiadawg

georgiadawg

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 8:18 AM

In the Honey Maid response, I thought it was a nice touch that the artists rolled the negative comments inward and the positive outward.  

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 12:10 PM

While I agree with Honey Maid's sentiment, I wonder if the campaign was specifically designed to troll the homophobic public, in order to set up their wonderful response. 

If so, it doesn't diminish their message of tolerance. But personally, it would push it into another case of emotionally manipulative advertising. 

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 6:58 PM

Well done, Ford. They just released a spot-on parody of that asinine Cadillac ad

Late to the party...

Why aren't they airing this on TV? Love it!

(BTW, that's what my hair looks like right now.)

Miss Steph

Miss Steph

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:52 PM

I really like the Tide commercial with the dad talking how he grew up with brothers, but his three beautiful daughters are even messier. I want to say I like the message that the daughters aren't prissy little princesses and dad's doing laundry without any major problems, but really I mostly like the dad because something about him reminds me of Alton Brown.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=phvo7uwRyBE

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 6:24 AM

I love the "Can I help?" "Aww" "Just kidding!"  My grand-niece is in a "just kidding!" phase, so that cracks me up!

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 6:07 PM

I'm already a sucker for the Milo's Kitchen series of commercials touting their snacks with a proud dog mom sitting on the couch talking about how her (adorable) Border Collie is one of her children and 'interpreting' his reactions as she feeds him treats. Now they have a new one, where she finishes by saying that he loves the MK treats almost as much as making new friends, and the dog nudges gently, so she says, "I'll call her, I promise" and he does it again and she laughs and says "Such a ladies' man". Reminds me of our own 'playa pup' who despite being neutered has quite a string of girlfriends...