Commercials We Love

• Please log in to reply

3821 replies to this topic

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2014 @ 6:12 PM

I don't understand why the TSA thought they needed to frisk [the Pillsbury Doughboy]. He's naked!

Because even naked people can hide things on their body? (And we go into TMI territory.)

Although I love Lee and Morty of Swiffer fame, this is my new favorite Swiffer commercial: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wuQ_jbyQc7I. An interracial couple & the husband is an amputee. Sad that Swiffer disabled comments, but I'm sure that's because of the Cheerios experience with their interracial couple.

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2014 @ 9:34 PM

I absolutely LOVE the ATT Life commercial where the son comes up to the cabin with his wife/girlfriend.  His parents are sitting on the porch and the son mentions he stopped at the house on the way up.  The father says "you stopped at the house?"  then he looks at his phone and sees the son left water running, lights/TV on..etc.

This is it:  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=x-gzi2GS6h0

Edited by NYGirl, Jan 13, 2014 @ 9:35 PM.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

Posted Jan 13, 2014 @ 9:45 PM

I just wonder why the phone didn't alert him that the house was entered!

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Jan 14, 2014 @ 3:17 PM

this is my new favorite Swiffer commercial: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wuQ_jbyQc7I. An interracial couple & the husband is an amputee. Sad that Swiffer disabled comments, but I'm sure that's because of the Cheerios experience with their interracial couple.
That Cheerios ad was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Swiffer ad.  "Oh great, I hope crazy people don't go off about this ad, too."

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2014 @ 3:52 PM

I absolutely LOVE the ATT Life commercial where the son comes up to the cabin with his wife/girlfriend.  His parents are sitting on the porch and the son mentions he stopped at the house on the way up.  The father says "you stopped at the house?"  then he looks at his phone and sees the son left water running, lights/TV on..etc.

This is it:  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=x-gzi2GS6h0

I hate that one. Douchebag son. Inconsiderate to say the least. Yeah, go off and leave everything on, running and open. Asshole. I feel bad for the dad.

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2014 @ 5:00 PM

I think what I like about it is the way he asks and at the same time was bringing up his phone...like he knew what he was going to find.

CrumbyButtons You are right!! I never thought about that.

I'm glad I'm not endorsing the product..I just like the father in the commercial LOL

Edited by NYGirl, Jan 14, 2014 @ 5:01 PM.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2014 @ 2:05 PM

this is my new favorite Swiffer commercial: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wuQ_jbyQc7I. An interracial couple & the husband is an amputee. Sad that Swiffer disabled comments, but I'm sure that's because of the Cheerios experience with their interracial couple.

I love this couple. They're so beautiful, but also real, if that makes sense. The husband is charming as hell and I can't help but chuckle when he says Swiffer is a "dirt magnet, just like [his] kids."

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2014 @ 6:36 PM

The only variation on "amazing" I find more annoying than "amaze-balls" is "amaze," so the Jack in the Box commercial in which an intern calls something "amaze" and Jack appends "-ing" brings me great pleasure.

The "clock bracelet" part isn't as funny, so I can't say I love the commercial as a whole, but the beginning is fabulous. 

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2014 @ 11:23 PM

There's a Subaru commercial where a dog family is in a car. A golden retriever is driving. Sitting next to him is a yellow lab. In the back seat are the kids, including one in a car seat. So they're just driving along when all of a sudden the driver barks, then all the dogs start to bark, and you see a mail truck drive past them. Then the dogs are quiet. "Dog tested. Dog approved. Subaru." Very cute.

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2014 @ 9:08 AM

I haven't seen that one yet, peeayebee.  However, I did see another Subaru ad where the dog family is out driving. They get stuck behind an older dog driving an older car.   The latter has the turn signal constantly on while driving at a snail's pace down the street.  I like it.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2014 @ 11:27 AM

"Dog tested. Dog approved. Subaru." Very cute.
That's funny to me, because my sister has a dog (a chocolate lab just like the one in that other Subaru ad), but she doesn't get to ride in the Subaru; she rides in the other car.

The only variation on "amazing" I find more annoying than "amaze-balls" is "amaze," so the Jack in the Box commercial in which an intern calls something "amaze" and Jack appends "-ing" brings me great pleasure.
I love it when he corrects her too.  I hate the commercials with her though, because she shouldn't even work there.  There's no way she is doing her job competently if she's too stupid to know what a photocopier or a watch is.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2014 @ 4:57 PM

I haven't seen that one yet, peeayebee.  However, I did see another Subaru ad where the dog family is out driving. They get stuck behind an older dog driving an older car.   The latter has the turn signal constantly on while driving at a snail's pace down the street.

And I haven't see the one you saw. I just went to find both of these, and there's a bunch of them. This one cracks me up. I'm still laughing.

Another crackup: In the doghouse

And another: Road trip convenience store

Dogs and mail truck

Turn Signal

Here's a compilation of Subaru dog commercials from a couple of years ago. I don't remember seeing these.

Edited by peeayebee, Jan 18, 2014 @ 4:58 PM.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 3:20 PM

I like the dog food commercial (I think it's for Pro Plan--Purina?) where the dog is sleeping and you see his legs moving like he's running (and he's a big dog with long legs).  You see that in his dream he's running through the woods chasing a stick.  Then, when he catches the stick he's shown bringing back this really huge stick.  It's so cute! 

yeswedo

yeswedo

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:05 PM

In honor of the Superbowl, two of my favorites from previous years

Terry Tate Office Linebacker - for Reebok. There are several, this one is an extended version that I believe was web only since it has some swearing in it.

The Force - for Volkswagen. Just adorable!

Culturalist also has a top 10 list

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 9:28 PM

I love the California cows ad where the cow and her mom are dropping the little girl off at school. The bellowing and the tear and the shrieking at the end "Noon?!?!?" make me smile.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 11:32 PM

mojoween that ad makes me laugh every time I see it.  "Can't you Skype during recess?"

Here it is - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NH28FUmOzvc

Edited by corvus13, Jan 25, 2014 @ 11:33 PM.

smittykins

smittykins

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2014 @ 9:35 AM

That cow is really going to freak next year, when Gracie starts first grade and has to stay *all day*!

fangums

fangums

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2014 @ 1:10 PM

I, too, love the cow. I've enjoyed the whole series

Hildegard802

Hildegard802

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2014 @ 9:13 AM

The Subaru commercials are every kind of awesome.  Thanks for the links, peeayebee; I hadn't seen them all.

I proudly consider myself a fairly cynical person, so have to give the Almond Breeze people huge props for a commercial that never ceases to make me smile and feel good when it comes on.  The music, the cartoon characters--it's just soooo damn happy!

Guy gets a bouquet of flowers, gets in a cab, pulls one flower out of the bouquet leaving the rest in the cab, takes flower to an unseen person.  Love the song, so I always look up when it comes on.  But I guess it can't be the perfect ad, because even after having seen it many times, I can't remember what's being sold.  

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 2:25 AM

Love the flowers/cab commercial too! I saw that and said, "A bouquet sends a message -- one flower speaks to you." I think it's about a credit card?

yeswedo

yeswedo

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 7:14 PM

I think it's about a credit card?

It's for Bank of America. Throughout the commercial he is using his BoA card to buy things - the flowers, the cab ride, etc. The tag line is something like 'We know we're not the most important thing in your life but we help keep you connected to what is.' Considering how much BoA irritates me as a customer I have been surprised how much I enjoy the commercial.

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2014 @ 2:13 AM

Just saw an adorable commercial about a puppy (Golden Retriever?) sent to a new home, but escaping over and over to visit the horse with which he was raised. Finally united at the end! Budweiser! "Best Buds"!

snowprince

snowprince

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2014 @ 2:24 AM

That (to me) was the best of the Super Bowl bunch...love it. I especially like how the horse's buddies set up the road block.

Edited by snowprince, Feb 6, 2014 @ 2:26 AM.

Shanna Marie

Shanna Marie

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2014 @ 3:08 PM

I'm kind of loving the Muppets car commercial, not so much because of the Muppets and the song but because of the way the Muppets interrupt the ordinary, boring car commercial. Now, every car commercial that comes on, I mentally insert the Muppets popping up and criticizing the commercial for being boring. It makes TV watching more fun.

Also, I now wish I had a moon roof in my car so I could shoot Gonzo (or something) out of it.

yeswedo

yeswedo

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 3:48 PM

Has anyone seen the commercial where an older woman is sharing pictures from her vacation on her wall - and it's her actual living room wall not Facebook? Then she tells one of her friends she is unfriending her. The third woman keeps saying 'that's not how it works'. 

I only saw it once and it was on my DVR-less TV so I wasn't able to rewind. It seemed funny but I have no idea what it's for and can't find it on YouTube.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 11:50 AM

Has anyone seen the commercial where an older woman is sharing pictures from her vacation on her wall - and it's her actual living room wall not Facebook? Then she tells one of her friends she is unfriending her. The third woman keeps saying 'that's not how it works'. 

I only saw it once and it was on my DVR-less TV so I wasn't able to rewind. It seemed funny but I have no idea what it's for and can't find it on YouTube.

It's for esurance, and they are telling us that people who do this sort of thing are as crazy as people who take '15 minutes to save whatever on car insurance' through an unnamed company that we all know is Geico, because you can do the same in seven and a half minutes and save more through esurance.  There is another one where the guy says that you should never rewind your DVDs when you return them to the rental place--make it the next guy's problem.  And his wife just looks at him like he's a loony, which he is, of course.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 5:56 PM

Do people still rent tapes at a video store?

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 6:20 PM

Do people still rent tapes at a video store?

I don't think so.  It's all online or RedBox.  I'm guessing that this is supposed to show us how clueless the guy really is.

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 9:28 PM

Definitely. I mean the guy talks about rewinding a DVD.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2014 @ 2:35 AM

This Honda Presidents' Day ad made me laugh - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vydXjZc1hlA