Commercials We Love

• Please log in to reply

3821 replies to this topic

Jamoche

Jamoche

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

Love the ad with the Concerned Father and he sees his daughter as a Little Girl?

Both girls are his daughters in real life, and he ad-libbed his lines - he just went with what he'd actually say to his daughters. Cuteness overload.

Cherry Wire, both your links go to the same video.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

I'm digging the latest Capitol One commercials with the toddler who doesn't want more cash. I wonder if that's the same child?(I've spent entirely too much time trying to figure out if the original baby is a boy or a girl.)

I've been wondering that, too. I haven't bothered to search out the first commercial, so I'm just assuming (and hoping) it's the same child.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:37 PM

Jamoche, interesting backstory, thanks for sharing!

I love that the T-Mobile girl got a change of scenery and is now a badass on a motorcycle, wearing bright pink, of course.

The girl in the commercial who's an actress with the one line "latte please" is adorable. Very charming.

TheRedHead77

TheRedHead77

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

I'm loving the commercials coming from Foundation for a Better Life. My favorite is encouragement. A little boy crashes a piano concert. Instead of getting upset the pianist plays with him. My second favorite is peer pressure.

Edited by TheRedHead77, May 6, 2012 @ 6:12 PM.

Cobalt Stargazer

Cobalt Stargazer

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

TheRedHead77, I love that commercial too. The way the little boy smiles as he and the pianist stand up to accept their applause is adorable.

Vilzvette

Vilzvette

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

I crack up every time I see the AAMCO commercials with the customers doing the sound effects of their cars' problems. Spot on imitations, first of all, and I can imagine how funny the auditions were.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 4:05 PM

Madly in love with a new Purina Cat Food commercial (that I can't seem to find on line, darn it!) in which a family is playing Monopoly during a rainstorm (their two cats are 'playing', too - the orange tabby rather aggressively) when someone notices a bedraggled stray standing on their window ledge. They bring the kitty inside (she turns out to be a gorgeous long hair), while mom VO's that they figured she just needed a good meal and a good family. She gets both - along with a VO about how all their cats love Purina Cat Chow because each gets exactly what he/she needs - and at the end the whole family, with all three cats, is contentedly hanging out on the bed together, and Mom says she's "So glad" the stray "picked us!"

Way cute.

I also love the AZ Lottery commercials that have people talk about how their biggest dreams came true. The commercials start in the present, with the fulfilled dreamer saying it didn't start with this... or this... or that... as the commercial goes further back in time, till we get to "that winning lottery ticket"! My very favorite shows a woman at the opening of "Max's Animal Shelter" (in the company of a sleek, handsome dog), then back to "Dr Rachel's Mobile Vet", with the same sleek, happy dog at her side, then back to her gratitude for a vehicle "with room for one more" as she stops by the side of the road to coax a starving stray dog into the passenger seat - and it's the same dog!! - and then back to "that winning lottery ticket".

This one I was able to find. Prepare to smile or maybe go 'aww' or even get misty eyed.

That Winning Lottery Ticket

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't feed my cats Purina or Friskies unless I was down to my last dollar, but they are both putting out some adorable commercials right now.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

I just saw this Roomba commercial. I love it. I think my favorite is the black guy in green, but I also love the woman in the suit.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

The girl in the commercial who's an actress with the one line "latte please" is adorable. Very charming.

I love that commercial too. I think I'm developing a little commercial crush. She reminds me so much of Ginnifer "Snow White" Goodwin.

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 12:50 AM

:small voice: I kind of love the Miller 64 ad with the office guy and the irish pub/sea shanty song. Beer ads usually make me gag or roll my eyes, or actually offend me, but this one seemed really good natured.

Be El Tee

Be El Tee

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 3:28 AM

The Lowe's ad where a woman spreads out a carpet of landscaping is appealing on a number of levels. The song is pleasant, the visual effect is clever and well executed, the woman appears competent at maintaining her own lawn and garden, and the yard is a nice, average-sized, relatable lot. Also enjoyable is that it is seasonal and will run for a limited time, thereby not getting on my nerves.

Vilzvette

Vilzvette

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

The new ad for pre-owned BMWs is pretty funny, with the husband suddenly realizing he's married to an expert in the wrong side of the law.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

I love it when she calls him Popi. And when she says "shut up!" and slaps him. That commercial is great.

TheRedHead77

TheRedHead77

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

:small voice: I kind of love the Miller 64 ad with the office guy and the irish pub/sea shanty song. Beer ads usually make me gag or roll my eyes, or actually offend me, but this one seemed really good natured.

CheerAngel I love that commercial too. It is one of two beer commercials (the pool bbq here WeGo being the other) where I feel that I, a 30something bbq loving, office working woman, am being marketed to. Kudos to the ad-exec who figured out some of us like to just chill out and have a few beers with friends.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

I just saw a commercial for Suzuki (Subaru?) where the car comes equipped with a 'parking jerk' button. When someone takes your parking space, all you do is push that button, a huge claw arm comes out of the trunk, picks up the jerk's car and flings it out of sight. Yeah! I want one of those! (I just realized that I forgot to look for the small print with the disclaimer that probably says something like: 'Parking jerk button and claw not included'. or 'Do not attempt. Flinging cars is dangerous and is not recommended')

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 10:11 AM

I love that commercial too. I would also use the "parking jerk" button on all those who seem unable to park straight. I'm sick of people parking crooked and being too stupid or arrogant to fix it. When did parking straight become so hard?

keyboardplayer

keyboardplayer

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

I'm all kinds of in love with that Pass It On commercial. It made my day to see it.

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

CheerAngel & TheRedHead77....I love that one, too. I, a 60something, bbq loving, vintage clothing shop ownin', blues singin' woman still loves to chill out with friends and have a few beers....'cause I'm still 30 in my soul...;-)

potatoradio

potatoradio

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

I still hate Comcast with every fiber of my being, but I'm so happy to see the Slowskis are back, this time in their station wagon with Bill Jr. sleeping in the back seat.

"Go around, please! Go around, please!"

Not the cleverest or even funniest, but I still love them.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

In the Anti-Comcast vein, here's the latest "mundane activity taken to the worst possible outcome" ad:

Don't attend your own funeral as a guy named Phil Shifley.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 2:39 PM

I just saw an ad that had me laughing hysterically. A masseuse is giving a woman a massage at a beach resort, rubbing some cream onto her back. The masseuse asks, "How do you feel?" And the woman replies, "I feel ... sticky."

The ad was for Dove body cream.

shlbycindyk

shlbycindyk

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

I love the Lowe's commercials with the birds fixing up their birdhouse. I love the music and the art work is nice too. This one always catches my attention.

ninjawirehead

ninjawirehead

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

I'm not usually a big anime fan, but I absolutely adore this commercial for Tokyo Disneyland.

Tokyo Disneyland

Thanks for posting this JillyCooper. I absolutely love it and I won't lie. I did shed a bit of a tear. I love anime, watch a lot of it and the style for the commercial is just perfect.

Pippin

Pippin

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

I love the ad for Nestea where the young guy on the beach hooks up with the senior citizen old gal and they have a ball together: racing in grocery carts, going to the horse races, jumping off of a cliff into the ocean together, etc.

I like it because it goes against type and is a refreshing change from bikini clad skinny gorgeous babes.

moose135

moose135

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 9:01 AM

Don't attend your own funeral as a guy named Phil Shifley.

That may be their best one yet - I love it!

helenahandbsket

helenahandbsket

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

I love the Lowe's commercials with the birds fixing up their birdhouse. I love the music and the art work is nice too. This one always catches my attention.

I love that one, too! I stop whatever I'm doing to watch it. It's so cheery! The birds. Fixing the birdhouse in Spring. The music. LOVE it!

Another commercial on my LOVE list is the Dawn commercial where people are washing the wild animals rescued from an oil spill. The little otter is standing up in the tub getting suds washed over him while his little hand is hanging on to the side of the tub. Then the little duck QUACK at the end. I love seeing that ad so much that I went looking for it and found it on youtube. QUACK!

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

If P&G would finally stop testing its products on animals, my heart would actually be warmed by that commercial the way it is supposed to be.

This one is a moment I love, in the midst of a commercial I hate. I loathe the Cars.com commercials where car buyers' confidence manifests itself in the form of a singing appendage, but in the longer version of the one with the man in the brown jacket, I absolutely love the way he lip synchs the "Woo" he knows his confidence is going to let out.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 2:07 AM

I love the Svedka Vodka commercial they've been running, complete with 80's jam "Freak-a-zoid"! Nothing like putting old-school jams into the future!

Sara Sunshine

Sara Sunshine

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 8:56 AM

As much as I hated the Verizon commercial with the mom and daughter, the newest one with the father/son that grunt and subtitles pop up is really really cute. I enjoyed the end where they just nudge each other to say 'love you'.