Scrubs in the Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

466 replies to this topic

cuyler123

cuyler123

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 9:21 AM

From Variety:

NBC Universal and Touchstone Television are closing in on a potentially groundbreaking deal to put episodes of "Scrubs" on Apple's iTunes. Pact would mark the first time a network and studio from different congloms have gotten together to make a series available for online purchase.

If all goes according to plan, viewers will be able to go to the NBC section of iTunes later this month and download episodes from the current season of the Touchstone-produced comedy.

Redshift

Redshift

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 11:17 AM

May I suggest the title for this thread be 'Our Surgeons have mad skillz: Scrubs in the Media'?

(Or, Time for an EK, G)

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

• Interests:The Braves, other sports, TV, nicknames, Mountain Dew, and puppies.

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 11:28 AM

I like Scrubs in the Media: Time for an EK, G! That's awesome.

(I'm always partial to real name first, catch-phrase second. Makes it easier to find the thread when you're scanning the forum.)

Edited by RainIsBeautiful, Mar 10, 2006 @ 11:28 AM.

skillzdatkillz

skillzdatkillz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2006 @ 11:31 AM

Great news on the iTunes deal, because it worked wonders for shows like The Office and Earl. I guess now the networks realize that's a way better format to gauge the popularity and revenue of a show. Yay, I hope many many people download it so they know it's a good money maker as well as a quality show.

And I second the thread title suggestion, it's very funny hehe. I think we need to ask a Moderator somewhere though.

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2006 @ 9:48 PM

I recently purchased Giant Magazine's issue that has a cover story on Scrubs. I highly recommend it.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 7:12 PM

I recently purchased Giant Magazine's issue that has a cover story on Scrubs. I highly recommend it.

Same here. It's got a list of their top 5 favorite episodes, and a comprehensive list of all of the show's guest stars. Plus, fun pictures and facts about the main actors.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2006 @ 1:40 PM

Donald Faison was on The Showbiz Show (David Spade's Comedy Central series) last night. It will be rerun during the weekend multiple times. He was just in a brief scene about halfway through, but he was funny and gave a great look direct to camera.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2006 @ 12:15 AM

What's an "EK"? I know "EPK" is short for "electronic press kit", so how about "Time for an E(P)K, G!" ?

guppiechic

guppiechic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2006 @ 1:39 AM

What's an "EK"? I know "EPK" is short for "electronic press kit", so how about "Time for an E(P)K, G!" ?

I thought that the poster said, "Time for an EKG, G." And an EKG is an electrocardiogram.

skillzdatkillz

skillzdatkillz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2006 @ 9:48 PM

I wonder how the IGN.com Film Force website got to do so many video blogs with the cast and crew of Scrubs. I love it nonetheless, we get to see how these ppl do the magic they do.

They have 3 new vids and one of them is viewer mail.

RyanLV

RyanLV

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2006 @ 2:47 AM

Scrubs Season 5 is now available in iTunes! I have yet to see tonight's episode, so I'm downloading it now. It's awesome that it's already up.

Plus, this is a great way to directly support the show without needing a Nielsen box. Go get 'em while they're hot!

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2006 @ 8:08 PM

Speaking of iTunes...TV downloads break new barrier with "Scrubs" deal

guppiechic

guppiechic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2006 @ 8:54 PM

Rain, the link is not working properly. Here is the story I found: http://news.yahoo.co..._nm/scrubs_dc_1

Da23rdBuchan

Da23rdBuchan

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2006 @ 6:12 PM

During last night's Spurs-Lakers game they did the Celbrity Cam during a lull during the 3rd period, and looky looky there was Donald Faison and Zach Braff hanging out just like I'd imagine Turk and JD would. The irksome thing is that the infamous Marv Albert (YES!) only gave the love to Zach totally ignoring my man Turk.

nikole

nikole

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2006 @ 10:57 PM

Hey has anyone scanned the Giant article? Particularily the pictures. I've been going nuts trying to find a Giant mag in stores around here with no luck. :(

ETA: Nevermind got them off Scrubs Online

Edited by nikole, Apr 3, 2006 @ 7:18 PM.

skillzdatkillz

skillzdatkillz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

Kristin from E! Online has some news about the future of Scrubs. There's some spoilers, but nothing too indepth.

I also loved how Donald phrased one of the reasons why Scrubs has been able to keep up the quality after all these years:

Also, I mean, when people have a hit show, they might tend to sit back, relax and maybe not worry about what they put on the air, because they know people will tune in. But we have had to fight for our audience, and I think that makes us a little bit hungrier than other shows on television."

Tru dat dawg! I mean, I've always thought of that as well, but he said it way more succintly than I could.

ditzyspikegal

ditzyspikegal

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 11:41 PM

There's an interesting interview with a Scrubs writer, Angela Nissel, talking about her new book on the show Fresh Air with Terry Gross on NPR.org.

She's the only African American on the writing staff, and talks about the difficulties of that and how she has to be the "black perspective" on the staff. There are audio clips from the show and she talks about coming up with culturally sensitive jokes. It's pretty funny.

One of my professors in my Race in Media class assigned this for us to listen to. I couldn't have been more delighted with a homework assignment.

PoisonRain

PoisonRain

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 1:32 AM

How much does would it cost to download one episode of Scrubs on iTunes?

Oh, and it's EKG, G...I just watched that episode again today. I still think "Wazzup? You're white blood cell count" is the funniest of those posters.

Edited by PoisonRain, Apr 7, 2006 @ 1:31 AM.

Tinted

Tinted

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 3:58 AM

The Cox storyline has me very interested...

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 6:18 AM

How much does would it cost to download one episode of Scrubs on iTunes?

$1.99. :)

wisteria

wisteria

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 1:13 AM

Sunday's NY Times has a long article on Scrubs, focusing primarily on its attempts to find an audience. Excellent stuff.

skillzdatkillz

skillzdatkillz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 2:58 PM

That was a great article, thanks for posting it wisteria. The writer covered almost everything I love about Scrubs and why it's so good in quality. Definitely an It-Getter.

Tinted

Tinted

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 4:16 PM

Great article. Cheers for posting it. How I must love scrubs to register just to read that article..

Edited by Tinted, Apr 9, 2006 @ 4:23 PM.

swestworld

swestworld

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 4:20 PM

Tinted, registration for the New York Times online is free. They also have paid subscriptions and certain content is paid-customers-only, but this Scrubs article appears to be free content.

Flying Penguin

Flying Penguin

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 5:03 PM

Wow, so there's actual hope for a 6th season? Nice!! Great NY Times article.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 9:41 PM

An excerpt from Angela Nissel's book here, also with the link to her interview with Terry Gross. Thanks for the pointer, ditzyspikegal.

ETA: whoa, she co-founded okayplayer.com too.

Edited by arc, Apr 9, 2006 @ 10:12 PM.

funbox

funbox

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 2:00 AM

ETA: whoa, she co-founded okayplayer.com too.

That's really funny. I guess Common's cameo wasn't as random as I had originally thought. Scrubs never struck me as a show that would attract people with Black Panther lineage and okayplayers, but you live and you learn.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 3:58 AM

Common had a cameo on Scrubs?

Scrubs never struck me as a show that would attract people with Black Panther lineage and okayplayers

I'm sure she likes the show, to judge by her interview, but her description of how she got the Scrubs job -- through serendipity due to the fact that she was ebaying her stuff to pay the bills (and Bill Lawrence liked her first book) - makes it sound like she wasn't exactly picky at the time...

Edited by arc, Apr 10, 2006 @ 3:59 AM.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 6:10 PM

There was a cute article on Donald Faison in today's Metro give away paper.

bluestorm31

bluestorm31

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 2:41 PM

The IGN Scrubs blog has a fantastic in-depth interview with Bill Lawrence from last summer. It's a must-read for every Scrubs fan.