Commercials with People Who Should Just Go Away Now

• Please log in to reply

14930 replies to this topic

whee whee piggy

whee whee piggy

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 4:34 AM

There's more than one?  I don't like how, when he pays for gas, he has the attendant peel the money off his chest.  Why doesn't he do it himself.  That's like asking someone to reach into your wallet for you. 

There's the gas station one, and another where he whisks off some woman from her humdrum life and I feel like there's a third? All with that stupid crazy grin on his green face, enough apparently his money is just flying off?  Still Don't Get It.

But you've reminded me of my other HATE ad!  That stupid asshole and his cup holsters on his arms at AM-PM or whatever hellhole convenience store he's shilling.  And has another guy reach for his wallet because he got too many drinks.  I really hate all ads with these slacker white dudes who apparently do nothing but drink, eat, sleep and play video games.  Just when their stupidity seems as though it can't get worse, it does.  

shlbycindyk

shlbycindyk

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 12:41 PM

There is a new commercial running here for a group called, "A Million Minds".  It starts with a sign that says, "first job interview" and shows a man walking into an office where the man behind the desk starts speaking gibberish.  I believe it's backed by Time Warner Cable.  Now, there have been a lot of commercials that I disliked but I hate this commercial with a red hot passion.  The voices are annoying and when it comes on I can't hit the mute button on my remote fast enough.  Surely there's a better way to tell people they need to be current on their math and science skills.   I want them ALL to go away and get off my TV!

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 7:46 PM

Oh, Dr. Alison Tendler, MD, will you and your dry eyes PLEASE go away?! Your dead, drab voice makes me want to drive a spike through my brain!

danicalifornia

danicalifornia

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 12:49 AM

No, she apparently can't, because IT'S A REAL MEDICAL CONDITION. DRY EYES IS A REAL MEDICAL CONDITION.

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 8:56 AM

I don't care of you left your contact lenses in overnight. You speak very choppy.  Go away.

Eliot

Eliot

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 9:33 AM

OMG, Dr. Boring Big-Eyes is back?

mmecorday

mmecorday

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 11:50 AM

Dr. Boring Eyes should get in a staring contest with Phil Mickelson  (whose unblinking eyes look very creepy in the Embrel commercials.)

The teenager who's freaking out because her mother (gasp!) washed her favorite jeans needs to go someplace where there are no washing machines and she must beat her clothes on a rock to get them clean.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 8:43 PM

I hate the shaving guy who looks in the mirror and says: "I'd fuck me". Well, good. Because I want you to go fuck yourself.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 8:59 PM

What commercial is that!? He actually says "fuck?"

I saw a commercial for Smirnoff Ice, I think it was, where a woman is waddling down the street wearing those pedicure flip-flops and holding her hands out too. She goes to the refrigerator in a liquor store and takes a six-pack of Smirnoff Ice, being careful not to mess up her manicure as she holds the box with her palms. Then she carries it home and to an apartment where her friend, who's also just had a mani-pedi, is there waiting. The gist of the ad is that you can stay in and have fun drinking their booze. I guess, but I really wanted that woman to drop the six-pack on the ground as she carried it so carelessly.

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 12:07 AM

What commercial is that!? He actually says "fuck?"

Nah, it's kinda bleeped, but it's semi-obvious. And yes, totally obnoxious.

Jamoche

Jamoche

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 2:22 AM

Phil Mickelson  (whose unblinking eyes look very creepy in the Embrel commercials.)

He's the human version of the cupcake dog

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 10:58 AM

In the latest "precious brats" commercial, a mother is talking about how she gives that nutrient drink to her brat who pretends to be a space alien ("we don't eat THAT on my home planet!) to avoid eating the vegetables they were served. I hate ads with spineless parents like that!

Edited by ubi, May 26, 2013 @ 10:35 PM.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 3:13 PM

Why would a kid ever eat anything healthy again, as long as he knew he was going to get a chocolate or vanilla shake later?

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 4:47 PM

I remember when those were for kids with cancer or some other health problem so they could get the calories and vitamins they need. Not for picky brats who need to eat what's put in front of them or go hungry.

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 5:12 PM

It's a stroke of marketing genuis - there are only so many ill children in need of a nutritional supplement, but there are oodles of kids with parents unwilling to actually behave as parents - but it's also profoundly disheartening.

friendperidot

friendperidot

Video Archivist

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 5:20 PM

But unless they've changed the taste, I'd so much rather eat vegetables and fruit. It's nasty. Had pneumonia many years ago, couldn't eat, tried some of that stuff, went back to broth and juices after just a sip.

callie lee 29

callie lee 29

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

Now I'm assuming the kid's version is similar to the adult version, but I did find out that when you add chocolate syrup, ice cream, and or malted, it is drinkable. Of course that probably negates some mutritional value, but it wha the only way my mom would drink it. I mean really, when a stage IV lung cancer patient who's barely in her right mind half the time has too discriminating a pallate for your product, perhaps someone should think of tastetesters.

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 12:57 AM

The Kmart "ship my pants" commercial: instant change-the-channel territory. It's nothing but a bunch of people saying "ship my pants" over and over and over and over as if six-year-olds didn't get the joke the first time.

I finally saw this one. I wonder who thought it's a good idea for people to associate shitting their pants with buying stuff at Kmart. 

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 1:40 AM

Now Kmart has gone from "shipping my pants" to "Big gas".

smartyshorts

smartyshorts

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 6:32 PM

I wonder when kmart will start selling Sofa King products. Endorsed by Colonel Lingus?

LadySadie

LadySadie

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 10:05 PM

Uggh. I HATE commercials where people are talking with a mouth full of food.

OMG, I do too. Every single Carl's Junior commercial completely grosses me out, because of the loud chewing and lip smacking. It's SO disgusting! 

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 2:08 AM

I can't stand the voice of the guy who VO's the Liberty Mutual commercials. I'm a lazy fast forwarder, but as soon as I hear him I am reaching for the remote. The way he smacks his lips really bugs me.

serendous

serendous

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 11:52 AM

I really want the lady on the Red Robin ads to choke on an endless steak fry. It's the same lady from the Fiber One bar ads, I think. The one with the squeaky baby voice. There's three different ads and in one she says something about a 'burger daddy'. What the hell is that? Please lady go away with your burgers, your too-salty fries, and your helium voice.

mmecorday

mmecorday

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 12:10 PM

Red Robin helium lady can also take the weirdo in the Skinny Cow candy and Lucky Charms commercials to the Bermuda Triangle. Are likeable people just not showing up for commercial auditions now?

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 7:18 PM

Speaking of cows, that Laughing Cow bitch can hoarsely-laugh her way straight into hell.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 12:42 AM

There's no thread for "Commercials that make you shake your head and roll your eyes", so I'll put this here.

There's an ad for flea collars (which I despise, but that's another post) with two women sitting on park benches with their dogs.  One dog is wearing the sponsor's collar and the fleas are dive bombing him in jet planes and bouncing off, while the other dog is scratching his little fur off.  The one woman reaches into her purse and pulls out the flea collar in a box and hands it to the other woman.  Are we supposed to believe that this woman carries a flea collar in her purse?

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 12:22 PM

Are we supposed to believe that this woman carries a flea collar in her purse?

Probably the same way we're supposed to believe that there are only 2 pills inside a Tylenol bottle.

Tony Gancarski

Tony Gancarski

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 2:37 PM

I hope every asshole in these new Miller 64 "drinking song" ads gets gonorrhea.

RedZoneTuba

RedZoneTuba

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 6:21 AM

The "singer" in the Guiness Black commercial.  In an extremely nasal and annoying voice, she says that she's a black sheep.  This apparently depresses her so much that she wails like (to steal from Seinfled) Elmer Fudd sitting on a juicer: ayyyYYYYYYYYYayyay, ayyyYYYYYYyayyay.

She needs to:

1. Stop "singing"

2. Repeat step #1

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 11:56 AM

Those J.G. Wentworth "I'm in the money!" ads are terrible.  To me, they're worse than the opera singing ads.

The Dannon Light and Fit lady who accosts the mom and her daughter in the mall and insult's the mom's hair. I'd dump that container of yogurt on her head.

The Tricalm ad where the woman keeps interrupting the scientist and leaves her kid to mess around with the lab equipment.  Way to parent, jackass!

Lastly, while I know this concept is not new, but the Publishers Clearing House ad using dead celebrities (even if they're in character) left a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by InDueTime84, May 31, 2013 @ 11:57 AM.